PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

About the Graphics, on the pc demo the resolution is defaulted to 1280 x 720 resolution, so i would imagine it is the same for consoles. Now i have increased it to 1920 x 1080 and it looks just like you would expect, even the sweat on the players in the opening video looks more prominent.

WOW! are you serious? WHY KONAMI!!! Not all of us can afford a decent PC. Especially in these rough economic times.

Please upscale the resolutions in the final game KONAMI, PLEASE!

Is there any other way around this on a regular HD TV, or do I need the pc version to be able to upscale the low resolution grapics in the game?

There has to be a way around this for the TV folks.

The problem is not with Seabass then, as I have always said, but with the die-hard fans, who remain blind and sheep.

They're the ones that continuously accept these releases.
I know there are some people who buy PES purely for the fact it's called PES, but I play the game and bought last years because I genuinely enjoyed it and thought it was a quality game...

People who buy the game are not "blind" or "sheep"...

WOW! are you serious? WHY KONAMI!!! Not all of us can afford a decent PC. Especially in these rough economic times.

Please upscale the resolutions in the final game KONAMI, PLEASE!

Is there any other way around this on a regular HD TV, or do I need the pc version to be able to upscale the low resolution grapics in the game?

There has to be a way around this for the TV folks.

I am sure the resolution will be upscaled for the final release. ;) its so you get that extra wow factor after becoming used to seeing the demo.

I play on 1920 x 1080. It looks fine and no blur.

Is anyone finding the AI's attack less lethal on the second demo?
I don't get that "Oh Shit!" feeling when they attack, like i did in the first demo.
The first demo, using Yair's final patch (PC) feels very much like the second demo, unpatched, to me.

Last edited:
finishing and shooting on target is bit to easy IMO at any level...also the
CPU finishing is also exagerrated...at any difficulty... and coming from wide and drifting inside to your favorite foot and shoot feels like a sweet spot...hmmm

The shooting and keepers are much better now which is good, but I'm gutted that the defending has been made easier and that players can come through your back and foul you now as well.

I also find the manual settings have changed, 0 on the 1st demo is about 2/3 on the 2nd demo. A lot of the smaller passes go astray and it messes up my playing style - but love the shooting and goalies.

I'd love the first demo with the shooting and keepers from this one as my ultimate pes. Gonna give the 2nd demo a bit of time but fear that the first demo was the best version of the game (ala pes 2011).

If you get fouled you should get a free kick! It's simple! The AI can cheat much easier when it gets away with fouls.

It is not KONAMI's fault.
Current Consoles are simply not capable to deliver decent framerates with high resolutions most of the time. If you do not believe me, check this thread...
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Upscaling is done by the Consoles after all, but you can not compare it to playing in "REAL" high resolution.

And there is still Blur during gameplay on PC, no matter what resolution.

I've really fallen for this game after the second demo. I'll hold my hands up and say that I didn't play much of demo one - maybe 10-15 games - but enough to know it was good. Knowing something better was around the corner is why I didn't play it much.

I'm really happy with the second demo. It's full of those little moments that make you smile or go "wow". That to me is the sign of a truly great PES game. :))

Each match is full of event and character, and the AI really punishes you when you take your foot off the gas and get sloppy.

The graphics are a little bit of a let down, especially after how good they were in PES 2010, but maybe the full retail game will look a bit sharper. Animations must be a focus next year but having said that, they are fluid and functional enough not to be a distraction. Even the keepers I can live with, but a patch would be nice.

Can't wait now!

What the hell is wrong with the backline in this demo...it cant be aligned...played 5 games and the AI have yet to be offside there always a men all open or one my defender leaving the line making a striker all alone...

I cant get a grip on the tackling system, I think its awfull, the way any type of player just burst around my players when im trying to do proper defending is frustrating.

One more time konami put super-underrated atributes to non-europe teams. This makes these teams unplayable =( . Leandro damiao's atributtes are crappy... otherwise udinese player ARMERO. He was totally crappy playing for PALMEIRAS and have 86 overrall score in pes2012..

I cant get a grip on the tackling system, I think its awfull, the way any type of player just burst around my players when im trying to do proper defending is frustrating.

Forken, you just have to come to grips with the new philosophy of the defending mechanics. Credit to Shorty Alien, I have come to terms that there is NO TACKLE button anymore. X is a pressing button, all you could do is hassle the ball carrier, cut off passing lanes and disrupt their flow. The stabbing out of the leg is down to the player's defensive stats.

The defending in demo 2 is slightly more balanced which I like. However, it still needs more tweaking. I just had Bale "forced/teleported" through the side of Boateng's body though, which resulted in a conceded goal...I dearly hope it is a rare occurance.

It is not KONAMI's fault.
Current Consoles are simply not capable to deliver decent framerates with high resolutions most of the time. If you do not believe me, check this thread...
http://forum.beyond3d.com/showthread.php?t=46241

Upscaling is done by the Consoles after all, but you can not compare it to playing in "REAL" high resolution.

And there is still Blur during gameplay on PC, no matter what resolution.

Err, right, so if it has nothing to with Konami then how does EA produce such sharper graphics? Or in fact Konami themselves with PES 2011? Or any number of other franchises?

There is a standard set on the consoles now and PES' resolution is way below that in this demo. I buy the idea that you may be able to improve this on the PC version, but as for consoles, what we have now is what we'll get on the final version. I've never, ever seen any company put a final demo onto xbl or PSN shortly before release with scaled down graphics yet to be polished. They're using the demo to sell the game to potential customers after all. Purposefully leaving out graphical quality doesn't happen. Final demos always look like the final version.

What's more, it's baffling that they've allowed the resolution to be so poor yet have developed the PS3 version to be in 3D.

Last edited:
You are confusing the blur filter with a lower resolution, which has nothing to do with it. I already said that I am playing on PC (in 1920x1080) AND I have this blur ingame which makes it look like s***. The tunnel-animations before actual kick-off are crisp as ever, but after that the blureffect is activated!

I think konami uses this blur to reduce flickering or jitter-effects because of upscaling.
But in a way, you are right! it is konamis fault, not because of a lower resolution, because of this blur...

Err, right, so if it has nothing to with Konami then how does EA produce such sharper graphics? Or in fact Konami themselves with PES 2011? Or any number of other franchises?

There is a standard set on the consoles now and PES' resolution is way below that in this demo. I buy the idea that you may be able to improve this on the PC version, but as for consoles, what we have now is what we'll get on the final version. I've never, ever seen any company put a final demo onto xbl or PSN shortly before release with scaled down graphics yet to be polished. They're using the demo to sell the game to potential customers after all. Purposefully leaving out graphical quality doesn't happen. Final demos always look like the final version.

Sooooo, there's a high chance we will get this crappy graphics on consoles. And then I have to deal with the stuttering problem on my xbox demo. This really irates me. PES11 was excellent in graphics and this demo 2 practically has the same stadium/player models as PES11. Makes no sense.

Someone needs to tweet John Murphy ASAP! Let him know that there is a standard set for consoles in the graphical department.

Last edited:
Well I'm only guessing of course about the final version but my experience with playing any demo is that they don't tend to change. If it's this blur effect rather than resolution then that's clearly a sign that Konami had some problem yet again with developing for multiple formats on this generation of consoles. Not good. I'd rather sharper graphics with a few jaggies here and there though, not blurry, almost pixelated player models. It's really annoying because there always has to be something with Konami. The game this time round play brilliantly, yet the graphics are miles worse. Sigh.

I don't know if it's possible, but I did read on here I think that they've dropped the resolution in order to 'smooth out' the jaggies that the PS3 version suffered last year, and have basically done this across the board for all formats. Which sucks.

They haven't done a very good job of it then as in the PS3 demo, the adboardings alongside the pitch and the goal posts both have horrible jaggyness, antialising is poor!
I can only imagine its something to do with the way Konami have drawn the goal frame in game as compare FIFA's goal posts - smooth, straight, bright.... so definitely not console limitations.

Look at games like Uncharted 1 & 2, they push the PS3 graphical power to the max and as a result look amazing!!
Surely its not hard for a 21st century multi million dollar ganes developer to actually get a straight line....well, straight!??

Yeah, you are totally right, Uncharted looks bloody AMAZING in 1080p and it runs so well as well, I don't get craploads of fps issues on that game, PES runs like shit for me on console and it looks crap too :(

Yeah, you are totally right, Uncharted looks bloody AMAZING in 1080p and it runs so well as well, I don't get craploads of fps issues on that game, PES runs like shit for me on console and it looks crap too :(

Its a shame!! Its just a good job PES12's gameplay is so damn good it kinda outweighs every other little flaw.
Konami did say their main focus for this year was gameplay, that's nailed. next year lets overhaul the graphical engine, combine the two .... potential for a genre transforming title.

When im 2-0 down on aggregate away in Europe and need a solid home performance in the middle of my master league campaign, or my star striker will want to leave because we have been dumped out, then little things like jagged goal posts arent such an issue ;-)

Last edited:
btw the stuff about the keepers its not all about bad programming or stuff, if you watch the vids from prorevo.de, when you hear the commentator, then you`ll hear him saying stuff about the performance about the keeper stuff like he`s looking bad a that one and the like, soo i think there is a error marging implemented on purpose to give a more realistic experience, just like in real life, i mean even goalies like van der sar, reina valdes, casillas make mistakes.

In some ways I was always relieved that PES didn't have passing assistance. Just the fact that assisted semi and manual exist on FIFA in the state they are in pisses me off so badly that it annoys me everytime I have to change the ruddy things... so to be honest I'm not over the moon that PES is incorporating it. On the other hand, I think they have much better balanced settings than FIFA.

True that. It's nice that they've given more freedom, creating possibilities that weren't there in PES 2011. But online is such a cock-measuring contest that people will latch onto any advantage they can.

Someone argued that the greater freedom gives advantage, but only in rare instances. If your opponent can tap away at X without thinking, stringing 10/15 one touch passes together, it's a swift kick in the teeth.

I'll still use 1/4 setting online since I'm a stubborn fucker, but I'll still moan and rage whenever I come against some. Hopefully the new defensive system will be too much for the casual mongs to cope with, leaving a maturer community....

Uninstalled the demo. Overall I'm chuffed with what I've seen after being in two minds following the first demo. The one bad mark being keepers still flapping at everything. Reckon we'll end up with very high scorelines this year.

Last edited:
btw the stuff about the keepers its not all about bad programming or stuff, if you watch the vids from prorevo.de, when you hear the commentator, then you`ll hear him saying stuff about the performance about the keeper stuff like he`s looking bad a that one and the like, soo i think there is a error marging implemented on purpose to give a more realistic experience, just like in real life, i mean even goalies like van der sar, reina valdes, casillas make mistakes.

But not multiple times every game.

Pick the ball up about 30 yards out, take a shot and see how many result in either a goal or a parry to a striker. I'm not adverse to keepers making the odd gaff, but it's far too regular as it stands.

True that. It's nice that they've given more freedom, creating possibilities that weren't there in PES 2011. But online is such a cock-measuring contest that people will latch onto any advantage they can.

Someone argued that the creater freedom gives advantage, but only it rare instances. If your opponent can tap away at X without thinking, stringing 10/15 one touch passes together, it's a swift kick in the teeth.

I'll still use 1/4 setting online since I'm a stubborn fucker, but I'll still moan and rage whenever I come against some. Hopefully the new defensive system will be too much for the casual mongs to cope with, leaving a maturer community....

Uninstalled the demo. Overall I'm chuffed with what I've seen after being in two minds following the first demo. The one bad mark being keepers still flapping at everything. Reckon we'll end up with very high scorelines this year.

This is where the community stuff comes into play, "mypes" and all that, if you are tired of playing against randomers, don't, we could build a community of Evo-web players who you know are going to play fairly online :)

Yeah definitely, I suppose it's always been the same in older PES games. PES5 was rife with 4-2-4 formations, and people cutting it back and scoring from a 'sweetspot', doesn't make it a poor game.

Bit more difficult getting involved on the 360. I used to be involved in a number of leagues when I played on the PC, but I just stuck to MLO last year.

Wow, I'm amazed at how many are upset with the graphics. Are the versions different or something? Because on the 360, I'm really liking the graphics. The only issue I have is the lighting - in shaded areas I find it too dark and gloomy. But overall I think these graphics are an improvement. Also, while FIFA's has its own strengths in presentation, the player models in PES are far superior to the cartoony, blocky FIFA players, IMO.

Still a lot of niggles in this game that can kill the immersion at times, but overall the only major issue I have is with the ball physics - while shooting is vastly improved, the ball still will do strange things, doesn't move quite right at times for me, and doesn't do the rest of the game justice.

Keepers too are a huge improvement though the lesser rated ones can do some real stupid shit at times. Hopefully they scale better in the final version, but still a pretty big improvement over last year's.

Anyone else feel how intimidating the Internacional boys are ? Jeez, apart from D'Aless, these guys are monsters. :CONFUSE:

It's our Weekly PES Lads Night tonight, perfect timing for the Demo 2, 2-player play-test. :)

What settings are you chaps using? I'm on:

Pass assistance - 1/4
Speed - 0

I've been trying 1/4 & 2/4 pass assistance and can't decide which is best, although I really want to use a lower setting. I'm after the happy medium as I don't want short passes to be a chore (any professional footballer can make a 10 yard pass) but I still want a bit of freedom to be more creative.

Back
Top Bottom