PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

0 Speed
1 Pass-assistance
Semi-Assisted switching

Anyone else feel how intimidating the Internacional boys are ? Jeez, apart from D'Aless, these guys are monsters. :CONFUSE:

It's our Weekly PES Lads Night tonight, perfect timing for the Demo 2, 2-player play-test. :)

They're relentless going forward once set-up right. I had the big fella pushed right up top, Sobis playing off him, D'Alessandro pulling the strings in behind and that pacey winger drifting in & out on the wing. Pure South American movement, neat little triangles in the final third before slipping the CF through.

The other outfit aren't bad either, not especially skillful but blistering pace on the break.

Was playing the game and realized I was having a huge smile on my face the whole game. With PES 2011 I was so annoyed all the time at all the small niggles and bugs. I just find this game so fun to play, I didn't expect this huge improvement from 2011. Keepers have been great in every game with demo 2 too. I rike it.

I'm using zero passing assistance, semi-assisted, everything else off. Speed usually -1. Just tried my first Top player match, Bayern vs. Inter Milan, Had a pretty good game for the first 70 minutes, although Inter were more likely to score. Then on 76 minutes, they score a goal. I change my tactics to all attack, and they punish me like you wouldn't believe, scoring 3 more before the game was over.

Last edited:
Was playing the game and realized I was having a huge smile on my face the whole game. With PES 2011 I was so annoyed all the time at all the small niggles and bugs. I just find this game so fun to play, I didn't expect this huge improvement from 2011. Keepers have been great in every game with demo 2 too. I rike it.

Definitely, PES 2011 could be a bit of a chore, especially against the CPU. It's mainly down to greater ease of dribbling and more movement. PES 2011 you had to keep the ball moving constantly or else have it taken off you, and a lot of that time was spent waiting for a winger to finally make a forward run.

Also I think they've got the pace balance spot on. Players such as Eto'o and Lennon are noticeably quicker, but aren't able to just jet away without thought. Be interesting to see how less skilled pace merchants such as Agbonlahor cope.

0 pass assistance
-1 speed
all cpu players assistance off
and Top player where I am getting beat senseless lol

Hmm, maybe I ought to go all the way to 0 for pass assistance because I'm finding Top Player a little too easy. Aside from the ball physics, the difficulty level is my biggest concern right now - goals can sometimes come too easily.

It's a good thing Inter Milan still has Eto'o in the demo since he's moved to that fringe team that won't even be in PES 2012 :(

Well, fringe enough for PES anyway

as someone said i see graphics on xbox 360 demo 2 are improved compared to pes 2011, more crisp
maybe you come from fifa 12 demo, which has obviously better graphics in wide cam

I skipped and hated 08-11 Pes but i Love Pes 12,really..especially with the best camera i ever seen,side camera...OMG,it makes the game 50% more beautiful like shootin,player models,dribling,i love it ! I ve played 500 games with cpu and friends and i didnt scored one same goal...only some animations regarding the keepers Konami...Jesus,its been more than a decade,come oooon

as someone said i see graphics on xbox 360 demo 2 are improved compared to pes 2011, more crisp
maybe you come from fifa 12 demo, which has obviously better graphics in wide cam

I haven't even played the FIFA Demo just yet. It's very obvious to my aging eyes, that the graphics on the DEMO 2 are somewhat low Resolution and not detailed and shiny as we are accustomed to. I think it has something to do with the Camera you use. I've noticed that the side camera makes the graphics look much improved than the other cams. I can definately see the potential of the graphics in the Demo though. The graphics I want are there, hiding underneath the low resolution blanket.

It's noticeable for me on the Xbox360. Maybe I'll tamper with the resolution options on my xbox and see if I can trigger something to free the graphics from it's Low Res tyrant oppressor.

Last edited:
This demo is by far the best football gaming experience I've ever had. It's immense really, the tweaks they did to the game have improved it massively. If it wasn't for the ocasional (pointless) keeper blunder I would have 0 to complain about. Just had some awesome 30 minute, Top-Player matches (yes, using a PC tool), and wow. Just wow.

Love the passing, the shooting, the damn fantastic AI, but I specially love dribbling. I honestly think the dribbling was what improved the most and I'm so impressed. They made it less frenetic in order to make it feel more realistic, and it worked 100%, every touch you make on the ball is important, you have several dribbling speeds and techniques you NEED to use to beat a player. You can't always sprint, you can't always walk, you can't always follow a straight line, the more time you have the ball on your feet and you run/walk into space with it, the better your build up will be.

Defending is like a game of chess. I've decided that for me, the best way to defend is to do it calmly, and without using any button 90% of the time, just walk around, cover up passing lines, trust on your team mates to steal the ball instead if possible. If not, slowly approach the ball carrier and force him to either make a bad pass or run right into you. R2 is all you need when you want to do that.

Passing for me is wonderful too, I honestly don't know what some are on about regarding passing, but it's spot on to me, you can make slow, short passes, long, powerful passes, and multiple combinations of these too...

For me, this demo plays the most realistic game of football to date.

Oh and before I forget, Pitchside camera is now my absolute favourite 'cause they ADDED PAN on the sides! I really didn't liked it with 0 panning but now it's PERFECT!

Just pre-ordered my copy. Didn't want to take any chances with BLES-codes so I've opted for the English version, even though I could get the EU version two weeks earlier.

I have to say this game has completely reinvented my passion for football games. Over the past few years the only football game I played as much as time allowed me to was Football Manager. But this second demo just plays an amazing game of football.

I just got ripped to shreds by Inter playing as Bayern. I tried to play a patient build-up game, but couldn't find a way through their defense mainly thanks to Cambiasso who was a real nuisance in midfield, constantly intercepting my passes, marking Müller out of the game and just being a pest in general. Sneijder constantly exploited my high line with Eto'o taking full advantage, finishing off two one-on-one's to put Inter up two goals before half-time. I change tactics to all-out-attack, resulting in a goal after putting Inter under sustained pressure, not allowing them to come out of their half for nearly half an hour. But then my players tired, which Inter expertly punished by scoring no less than three more goals. I lost 1-5 and had a man sent off but I was smiling all the way through, I never thought offline football games could be that much fun in this shallow online gaming era.

Afterwards I picked Rangers to play against Spurs, which was a completely different game. I find it very difficult to stop players like Bale and Lennon destroying my defense with their raw pace/tricky dribbling, which is a good thing. Defoe was your typical poacher, but I managed to nullify him and Van der Vaart's playmaking skills by deploying a very deep defensive line. Looked like it would be your typical 0-0 game but in the 87th moment a moment of PES magic swung the game in my favor:

YouTube - PES 2012 - Jelavic free kick

A proper jump-out-of-seat moment, which I haven't had with football games for years now. Really, really looking forward to playing the real deal. Not too sure about the girlfriend though!

Jimmy who is standing out for you in Club America at the moment? Pardo & Montenegro seem pretty handy, haven't played much yet though.

Just got over Fifa's sheen, and that game is already annoying me. Ironic how complex it is. 4 ways of dribbling with the ball, and the defending takes 3 fingers, not to mention that A.I, yuck.

I'm not ordering PES 'till I know how online is gonna be.

Just pre-ordered my copy. Didn't want to take any chances with BLES-codes so I've opted for the English version, even though I could get the EU version two weeks earlier.

I have to say this game has completely reinvented my passion for football games. Over the past few years the only football game I played as much as time allowed me to was Football Manager. But this second demo just plays an amazing game of football.

I just got ripped to shreds by Inter playing as Bayern. I tried to play a patient build-up game, but couldn't find a way through their defense mainly thanks to Cambiasso who was a real nuisance in midfield, constantly intercepting my passes, marking Müller out of the game and just being a pest in general. Sneijder constantly exploited my high line with Eto'o taking full advantage, finishing off two one-on-one's to put Inter up two goals before half-time. I change tactics to all-out-attack, resulting in a goal after putting Inter under sustained pressure, not allowing them to come out of their half for nearly half an hour. But then my players tired, which Inter expertly punished by scoring no less than three more goals. I lost 1-5 and had a man sent off but I was smiling all the way through, I never thought offline football games could be that much fun in this shallow online gaming era.

Afterwards I picked Rangers to play against Spurs, which was a completely different game. I find it very difficult to stop players like Bale and Lennon destroying my defense with their raw pace/tricky dribbling, which is a good thing. Defoe was your typical poacher, but I managed to nullify him and Van der Vaart's playmaking skills by deploying a very deep defensive line. Looked like it would be your typical 0-0 game but in the 87th moment a moment of PES magic swung the game in my favor:

YouTube - PES 2012 - Jelavic free kick

A proper jump-out-of-seat moment, which I haven't had with football games for years now. Really, really looking forward to playing the real deal. Not too sure about the girlfriend though!

Wow! the PC version looks so graphically beautiful.

Can someone point me in the direction of the new defensive controls?

I can't find it and my default defend the space mentality isn't working at the moment.

Just had a 20 minute game using the new unlock tool for the PC demo.

Got mullered 5-0. First time that the AI has said, right son, you're in for a complete spanking. Once the first went in I just couldn't handle the confidence that seemed to flow from them.

That's one of the things I've noticed and been immensely impressed with. Score against a team, especially two in quick succession, and the AI appears rattled and seems to lose cohesion.

On the flip side, if they score and see a weakness, its punished ruthlessly if you don't sort it out.

Never played a demo for anything so much, and yet wanted the game so badly.

Can someone point me in the direction of the new defensive controls?

I can't find it and my default defend the space mentality isn't working at the moment.

Hated it when I started, but have learned to at least appreciate what they're doing. Here's how I do it, and I don't concede that often:

1. Never be the last man - always switch to a midfielder or full back at worst. Unless it's an absolute emergency, you don't want to be controlling your CBs.

2. The best tackle is no tackle - I almost never use the X button. If you get close to the opponent, you can sometimes auto-tackle, or 'push' them off the ball. Only time to use X is if you're straight on and have guessed which way they were going.

3. Force players out wide - To avoid the infuriating 'super goal' (when their CM burns 3 defenders and lashes a shot under your goalie) I've resorted to always showing attackers to the wings, and praying that my CBs handle crosses.

4. Once they're out wide, use L2 - Once you've got attackers coming at you down the wing, you can use L2 to stop them running straight by, for some reason they almost never cut back in and often run out of bounds. Bit of an exploit, but every little helps!

5. Avoid L1 unless you have to - This is my biggest gripe, defending with L1 is basically useless, but attacking with L1 is still very powerful. If you can avoid using sprint at all on defense you do much better - but - attackers can still exploit this and run by you.

That's it for me. I've gotten sooo much better across 50 matches or so, but still rarely keep a clean sheet. Feels like a huge accomplishment when I do.

For me Konami have definitely overpowered the dribbling for all players, and it still bugs me no end seeing Lafferty or Fletcher cutting world class defensive midfielders to pieces with their close control, but no game is perfect.

Anyway, when you do concede it's more likely to be a goalie error than your defending ;)

Taking on dribblers on Top Player is too much to handle for me. I can just hope that they will make bad pass or something...Just can't stop them. Even Pavlyuchenko makes my players look silly with his close control. Guess I'll have to work super hard on defending this year. :-)

For anyone who needs tips on a defensive nature. Here are mine.
Stick to 'old school'. Think the Arsenal back four, when the team were known as the invincibles. Get a block in, track back, don't leave spaces, foul if you need to and most important of all, keep the defensive line cohesive.
Obviously the game has changed so much over the years, but basic defending has not. I stick to these rules with a very good success rate. The AI will do you over at times with their Bolivian marching powder style of attack, but if you can withstand bouts of pressure and keep cool on the ball : eg - ( Rio or Vidic), in these circumstances then you will limit their chances of scoring. Fuck R2 and X, defend like you have always defended, with a slightly different mindset.

Back
Top Bottom