PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

...Don't you guys see how sexy freekicks are in PES, how great it look with the top spin? Imagine having that spin and arc on shots in gameplay too.

Pato top spin finish between legs of keeper: http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/alexandre-pato-barcelona-15403695/

I know what you mean but I've seen quite a few shots that seem to dip or bounce before the goal line/keeper which indicates some form of top spin effect, even if the ball doesn't spin like that when you look at it.

Last year too many shots just went up, up and up. Now I'm seeing a lot more varied trajectory. Has anyone in the demo got the new player card for long range dippers?

Aside from the ball physics, Demo 2 is really good. The weight of the players is simply fantastic and the dribbling must be the best of any football game. Ball physics are borderline terrible for me and really don't do the rest of the game justice. I'm shocked at how much I've enjoyed the dozen or so matches I played this evening after really not liking the first demo.

One thing I'm really missing from FIFA is the ability to shield using R2 - any tips?

Ok managed to finally download which was a pain in the ass, but having played the new demo, it was certainly worth it.

Big improvements over demo 1 for me :-

-Keepers, still not great animation wise but definately as solid as PES 11
-Ball physics, simply the best I have ever seen in any footy game, it has real weight & physics, very good indeed.
-Shooting is much more powerful, you can hit some lovely power drivers now.
-Graphics, far less "washed out" but still lacking considering current tech
-Nets are much better than the chicken wire efforst of demo 1, they react like nets should rather than a steel cage.
-Manual passing makes it more realistic with more error , but the passing in general is a cut above demo 1.
-Much more difficult to score and the AI is working even better.

Overall it's a simply fantastic game of football, missing some bells & whistles but the gameplay is thoroughly addictive and look forward to the full version in 4 weeks.

Dave

First impressions after 3 matches:

Horrible graphics compared to last year...what happened there? It's not that important, but still.
The trough pass is toned down, wich is a good thing, in PES2011 this was lethal.
RT shot is much, much better...i scored a peach of a goal with Defoe after a counter against Bayern.

At this moment it's too early to judge the game. I don't know if this is the best PES game ever. But i don't understand the people who seem to find it an absolute useless game. I will buy and after playing it a couple of months, i will judge it.

PS: the stutter: why are Konami always so sloppy?
PPS: I s Leverkusen licensed in the game? In the clip i saw images of Rolffes in a Leverkusen shirt.

While there is undoubtedly potential for a superb game with what they have here, a few things ruin it to a certain extent and put it more in the 'close, but no cigar' territory.

And its a shame really, cause Konami have been on the right track for 2011 and 2012. Oh well, like every other year....maybe next time they'll get it right.

Exactly, the maddening thing is that the game definitely has the potential, the correct footballing philosophy, the tech, the ability to be one of the greatest sports game of all time. BUT, seabass seems to be on a personal mission not to FULLY realize that potential. He's constantly trying to hold something back in each version.

As someone in the community said, they can afford doing this because they well know that FIFA will somehow be unable to capture the "PES feeling" each year. That and together with just the "potential" of their new game will ALWAYS rake in a healthy sales figure from just the PES die-hards to continue their usual practice.

This will be the best PES game ever, but very unlikely the best sports game of all time. Its a shame as it has a very good shot at achieving it if they made the right decisions.

Exactly, the maddening thing is that the game definitely has the potential, the correct footballing philosophy, the tech, the ability to be one of the greatest sports game of all time. BUT, seabass seems to be on a personal mission not to FULLY realize that potential. He's constantly trying to hold something back in each version.

As someone in the community said, they can afford doing this because they well know that FIFA will somehow be unable to capture the "PES feeling" each year. That and together with just the "potential" of their new game will ALWAYS rake in a healthy sales figure from just the PES die-hards to continue their usual practice.

This will be the best PES game ever, but very unlikely the best sports game of all time. Its a shame as it has a very good shot at achieving it if they made the right decisions.

The problem is not with Seabass then, as I have always said, but with the die-hard fans, who remain blind and sheep.

They're the ones that continuously accept these releases.

Lyvean, yes I agree and it doesn't help with FIFA the ONLY alternative. However, I totally understand it's not easy for Football fanatics to watch crazy real life seasons and hold off not playing a football videogame for an entire year.

What thread is this again?

Oh yes PES2012 discussion thread. Please discuss then, making statements like the ones above bring nothing to the table just random thoughts lacking any sort of common sense or meaningful input.

Edit: not the poll one btw.

It really is a shame about Passing assistance. Given 0 or 1 as standard online would be a really slow, paced thought out game. Whats the point of 3 or 4 just to appease the casual fans with ADHD? Obviously we still have the choice to play on low settings, but at the cost of a heavy disadvantage against our opponents....

It really is a shame about Passing assistance. Given 0 or 1 as standard online would be a really slow, paced thought out game. Whats the point of 3 or 4 just to appease the casual fans with ADHD? Obviously we still have the choice to play on low settings, but at the cost of a heavy disadvantage against our opponents....

If lower passing assistance means we got more freedom to put the ball as we wish, isn't it an advantage ?

I played both of demos in xbox and in ps3,almost now 450 games...Xbox is my choice because its has more clear graphics and its so so slower and smooth...Ps3 Pes in -2 speed is almost 0 speed in xbox,there is a hell of a lot difference here...i like it in both systems but i prefer the smooth feeling of my 360...Game is great but for me the animations of the keepers keep it a lot back...is this so hard Konami to put some new animations to them?

Why are people commentating on the graphics, if im correct this demo is Retail Gameplay but the graphics and the rest isn't retail and is always the last thing they add.

In some ways I was always relieved that PES didn't have passing assistance. Just the fact that assisted semi and manual exist on FIFA in the state they are in pisses me off so badly that it annoys me everytime I have to change the ruddy things... so to be honest I'm not over the moon that PES is incorporating it. On the other hand, I think they have much better balanced settings than FIFA.

Why are people commentating on the graphics, if im correct this demo is Retail Gameplay but the graphics and the rest isn't retail and is always the last thing they add.

I'm commentating because i don't have a clue about the production of video games younggun...i sincerely hope you are right. I know graphics are not the most important thing, but recently we finally bought an HD-television and i must say i was breathless when i played PES2011 for the first time (don't forget that i'm almost 50 and my eyes are deteriorating a litle bit...i simply played the game much better with this new television). I compare the demo with PES 2011 and graphicswise the difference is huge IMO.

I'm not sure where people get the impression that the demo always shows worse graphics. What we've got now is how it will look in the final version. The PES2010 and 2011 demos both had identical graphics to the final versions. Nothing was changed for the final release, which is gutting because as fantastic as the game is (and it really is imo) the graphics are a major drawback to my enjoyment. I know this because I still have the demos on my xbox hard drive and went back and compared them to the final version just out of interest. They were identical.

I sound like a broken record on the subject but it's so disappointing, and possibly hints that Konami are still having major problems with the next gen hardware.

It's a double edged sword really. I think the animations this year are vastly improved, the game looks beautifully smooth and fluid in motion but the in-game graphics are so low resolution they look horrible. I don't know if it's possible, but I did read on here I think that they've dropped the resolution in order to 'smooth out' the jaggies that the PS3 version suffered last year, and have basically done this across the board for all formats. Which sucks.

On the plus side, I think the audio is a marked improvement. The ball 'thud' really irritated me before, now it's really toned down, and I love the new little audio touches like the ball hitting the advertising boards. Really nice.

The graphics are pretty poor when switching over from FIFA. I actually thought the PES models were fine until I saw FIFA 12's character models. Stunning compared to PES.

I think PES's character models actually look better were it not for the resolution. EA still can't get the body proportions right, I have no idea why FIFA makes all footballers have sloping, weightlifter's shoulders for example.

But the lack of resolution in PES is awful. Maybe the extra animations, moving people in the background etc have taken their toll. But it's not just the resolution, the goals look really odd this year. Last year's goals & nets were really detailed, this year's look like they're taken out of PES6 on PS2.

0 or 1 should be standard for all ranked matches and MLO. anything else can be tweaked.

IMO what they should do and especially on MLO is reward more money to the person who plays on manual.

That way your free to choose what settings u want but the guy playing on manual will get extra points for doing so

I think PES's character models actually look better were it not for the resolution. EA still can't get the body proportions right, I have no idea why FIFA makes all footballers have sloping, weightlifter's shoulders for example.

But the lack of resolution in PES is awful. Maybe the extra animations, moving people in the background etc have taken their toll. But it's not just the resolution, the goals look really odd this year. Last year's goals & nets were really detailed, this year's look like they're taken out of PES6 on PS2.

You got the square type, we take the detail.. even :P

Player models are rubbish on FIFA, but the game is still massively sharper, more detailed, and I have to admit the lighting in that game is very, very nice.

All I want is for PES to even look as good as it did last year, that's not too much to ask :(

About the Graphics, on the pc demo the resolution is defaulted to 1280 x 720 resolution, so i would imagine it is the same for consoles. Now i have increased it to 1920 x 1080 and it looks just like you would expect, even the sweat on the players in the opening video looks more prominent.

The only concerns i have at the moment is i feel the defending/jockeying system has become a bit unbalanced since the first demo, now it all seems a bit rushed and doesnt feel as natural as it did, Maybe its just me having to adapt to new code, but in the first demo i took to it like a duck to water.

Also the footplanting/animation when dribbling is terrible. Yesterday i played the ball to a winger on the left wing who must have been right footed because when i put in an early cross he magically flicked the ball high into the box with is right foot, it did look stupid.

Apart from that everything seems a bit more solid and lesser players now feel more inertia when turning. Overall it is a fantastic game and i hope my concerns over the defending was just down to being stoned late last night. More games will tell.

Which one do you like better Sim?

I think PES demo feels a tad faster, but not really sure. Overall it feels the same except for the speed. I'd say WE on 0 plays like -1 on PES 12 .

Some AI complaints, in the first demo i found that the CPU was doing more in possession, passing it back and forth more on their half etc.. trying to find the free man. Now, it's still there but less apparent.. seems a bit more rushed, or just maybe i really buffed up my gamestyle

Hey man, I gotta admit, I prefer playing the WE Demo 2, rather than the PES Demo 2, shame it's all in bloody Japanese. I dunno, I just feel the game is at a better pace and the CPU are harder to beat on the WE Demo, the difference in CPU between PES Demo 1 & 2 on the PS3 isnt good, CPU arent as aggressive anymore, and they dont give away as many fouls anymore :(

WE is the better of the 2, but the PES Demo is still superb, I do worry that Konami are listening to the wrong people again though, as CPU has been dumbed down a bit.

I think PES's character models actually look better were it not for the resolution.

Exactly my point mate. I can't comprehend why they toned down the graphics. It looks like crap. The low resolution grass textures and goal/nets, along with the stadiums and player models are just unacceptable. Makes no sense really. I want to play the glorious gameplay with graphics in all it's glory.

It's always something with Seabass and company. I am holding out hope for the final version to at least have somewhat improved graphics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom