PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

The movement bug is ruining the demo for me, as good as it is, its messing up my player movement in attack and defence, affecting the flow and fluidity of the game, which is otherwise brilliant.

Even with the 2nd controller thing it doesn't dissapear, ridiculous that they could have put the demo out in this state :(

I have some reservations about the passing, sometimes its great but other times the game misinterprets what I'm trying to do and I needlessly lose possession through no fault of my own. I can feel the improvement/difference compared to the passing in 2011 but its not enough if you catch my drift.

Also some of the passing animations annoy me, a simple ten pass sometimes uses the crossing animation, it looks so weird and out of place.

Tactically the game has improved, I've tested one of my favourite formations from FM and it translates well into the game. Didn't work at all in 2011. I do wish it was possible to play 4-6-0 (or a variation of) though. With Spurs, Niko and VDV are perfect for the false 9 position but the game won't let me play without a striker :(

The way players accelerate (without pressing :r1:) far too quickly, Aaron Lennon being the prime example. In some situations I just want to jog or move about slowly (mark the space) but he moves so fast that he ends up closing down his man too quickly and committing too early.

The player stats (positions, overall rating etc) are a joke and Konami need to give this the attention it deserves.

I do have positives to comment on but they can wait.

Historically Winning Eleven is different to PES with WE being a tweaked & better version; more measured and better pacing. One can set themselves up for disappointment thinking one is like the other.

Getting my first taste of PES 2012 with this demo 2, on PS3 - intriguing.

In fact, the WE12 demo2 felt so good i'm doubtful about trying out the PES 12 demo2

Seriously loving this game, though is it me or does it seem to play slightly easier than demo 1? I've not been taking the beatings or seeing so many AI passing moves that I did in the earlier demo. Might just be me though.

That said, one goal I conceded yesterday was a beauty - the attacker controlled, went through on goal, a simple touch to the side that takes out two defenders and the keeper and slots into the empty net;

YouTube - AI GOAL

One other thing I have to show, is that I scored an outrageously far out strike by Modric. Not sure if this is a great goal or just crap goalkeeping. Was well excited but also left a bit concerned this might be too easy to do;

YouTube - 1

from another angle;

YouTube - 3

Last edited:
The way you can dribbling the ball through the legs feels so satisfying. If it (was?) maybe is.. dunno.. possible to score through the legs of the goalie like top strikers do in 1on1 situations. Like how Cavani scored yesterday in CL

That nutmeg is silky smooth, I've not fully got to grips with dribbling yet, running into blind alleys too often! D'Alessandro is untouchable though, so easy to win freekicks with him.

A nice little touch is an overpowered ground pass will lift considerably up in the air. I conceded late on, so ina huff I smashed a pass out wide from kick-off and it flew into touch about three feet off the floor.

Far too many gaffs from keepers though. Got a bad feeling people will just thump it from distance when they can online, even if it isnt fumbled in, it'll more than likely be palmed to an striker. :ANX:

There is highest chance that the keeper will be made better (making a great save, making error and conceeded more realistically).. In Demo 1, i use Jenkey's unlock tool team with 34 team patch iirc, with default .exe. Somehow, the keeper much better than when i install it fresh. I dunno why but yeah it is so potential to be good. Patches should fix it if many still do not feel enough with final version of GK shape.

Wow... im very surprised now, pes 2012 is cearly better than we demo.:CONFUSE:

Now i can see the great improvement on passing.:WORSHIP: I just wanted the game to be sligtly slower, but it's nice the freedom i have to put the power i want on the ball like i do in pes 2012(0 bar assistance), and i think dribbling and even individuality is more expressive.

The game feels and plays better in pes demo for the first time ladies and gentlemen.

Seriously loving this game, though is it me or does it seem to play slightly easier than demo 1? I've not been taking the beatings or seeing so many AI passing moves that I did in the earlier demo. Might just be me though.

That said, one goal I conceded yesterday was a beauty - the attacker controlled, went through on goal, a simple touch to the side that takes out two defenders and the keeper and slots into the empty net;

YouTube - AI GOAL

One other thing I have to show, is that I scored an outrageously far out strike by Modric. Not sure if this is a great goal or just crap goalkeeping. Was well excited but also left a bit concerned this might be too easy to do;

YouTube - 1

from another angle;

YouTube - 3

And that shows how poor the keepers are. He should never concead from that type of shot.

Keepers are still shite on pes which is such a shame.

Why do you say that?

The power you put on your passes is definetly better, you have more freedom to make strong passes to cross the field. UNfortunelty the game becomes sligtly faster, but it's definetly better.

L2 manual feels better. I recomend you to download it and see for youself. My opinion is not a fact but for me this time pes 2012 demo 2 seems to be clearly better.

Well, i think pes demo overall is better, but that problem with the cpu not reading the right target man when you make a l2 pass occurs more often.

The power you put on your passes is definetly better, you have more freedom to make strong passes to cross the field. UNfortunelty the game becomes sligtly faster, but it's definetly better.

L2 manual feels better. I recomend you to download it and see for youself. My opinion is not a fact but for me this time pes 2012 demo 2 seems to be clearly better.

I'm downloading it right now.. i was curious about WE vs PES demo.. but i was so impressed with the WE demo that i didn't want to be disappointed with PES demo being inferior

Here's a highlights from a match me América vs Inter on Top Player, the game is amazing indeed, but i hope that konami fix a little more the keeper, just look at my goals, all from longshots. I think konami didn't put good stats to Libertadores teams's keepers. :CRY:

YouTube - PES 2012 DEMO 2 - Jugadas

*Bonus, look the second goal from Inter, the attacking player glued to the defence :CONFUSE:.

Without stuff like these the game will be perfect.

Last edited:
Ok so I played the first demo on PC and thought it was great. Downloaded the demo on Xbox last night and had a few games. I have to say my first game left me feeling a bit meh. Improved as the games went on but here are some thoughts:

Keepers - much improved. Caught more balls than I expected; parried some wide towards the corner, pushed some out for a corner. But they all looked correct and realistic in that particular context. Haven't seen any blunders as such where you think OMG what was that.

Not sure how people call them broken or terrible. They did most things I would expect from a real keeper and did it fairly well. Even on long shots that were going to the bottom corner, keepers often got across well instead of reaching out from a locked foot position. Impressed me all round.

Shooting - much improved. Makes more sense than 11 in how the shot trajectory is affected by your button press, how the ball is sitting etc. More variety in shots and headers. Really good.

CPU AI - in attack they are ruthless and seem to score any chance or half chance given to them in the penalty box lol. In defence, I find it quite hard so far to get many clear chances. At times it felt like I was Barcelona camped out on the edge of the box with the other team having parked the bus. A lot of my shots from distance were getting blocked.

Not that either of these two things are bad, but it happened more often than I would have liked and dropping it off to regular helped out.

Through balls seem to be less effective, compared to last year - which is a good thing. And I also found it hard to get in behind the defence to put many crosses in.

Ok now a couple of things that are annoying me:

- Passing. Don't have an issue with where the ball goes. But some of the passes just trickle and bobble along? Like if you kick off and pass to the midfielder at the edge of the circle, often the ball looks like its been rolled out weakly by hand rather than passed by foot.

And sometimes this happens across field as well. I can understand if you've mis-hit a pass it might bobble, but for those short passes it looks plain weird sometimes. FYI - I'm using 1 bar passing assistance.

Tied in with this is how the player receiving the pass just stands there waiting for it. I shouldn't have to use supercancel to receive a pass to feet from 20 metres away.

Game speed. I found it too quick on game speed 0. After a few games it seemed better but it's not really the speed of ball movement or player movement, but more the propensity for going forward. I felt the AI tried to go forward too quickly compared with how I spent time trying to build an attack.

Running: it made more sense to me last year. If I held the sprint button I would get one speed and if I tapped it I would get the little knock on happening. I've tried that this year and it seems more random. The long knock on sometimes works and sometimes doesn't. And I can't work out when it uses bursts or when it doesn't lol.

I need time to get used to it probably ;) Training ground anyone :P

Hate to say it but compared to last year, some of the player movement and ball trajectory on the ground looks a bit ice skatey still :(

But the collision engine and referee's/advantage are fantastic.

Ah I forgot a couple of things lol:

Love the way you hear a thud when the ball hits the adboards. Gameplay seems a bit strange without commentary though - they should have put that instead of a 5 minute video :P

Can't really get the teammate controls to work? In the training challenge I flick the right stick across and it doesn't highlight. Do I need to click it first? I thought you clicked it after you selected the player.

I got it to work in game but found that it was really hard to see who, if anyone, had been highlighted with the cursor.

Ahh - and also I noticed that sometimes the right stick won't let you select a defender so you have to toggle with LB/L1. Only in some cases though.

Ah I forgot a couple of things lol:

Love the way you hear a thud when the ball hits the adboards. Gameplay seems a bit strange without commentary though - they should have put that instead of a 5 minute video :P

Can't really get the teammate controls to work? In the training challenge I flick the right stick across and it doesn't highlight. Do I need to click it first? I thought you clicked it after you selected the player.

I got it to work in game but found that it was really hard to see who, if anyone, had been highlighted with the cursor.

Ahh - and also I noticed that sometimes the right stick won't let you select a defender so you have to toggle with LB/L1. Only in some cases though.

You have to point and click with R3 (Right Analog)

Back
Top Bottom