PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Some of the things you can do in this game are awe-inspiring, subtle little touches that I never thought would become part of a football game - no two matches feel the same, hell, no two attacks feel the same. Just fantastic.

Must get out of my 2011 habits though, some of the things I'm subconsciously trying to do are failing badly, the AI tears you to pieces and tracks your players runs, struggling to get many shots off at the minute! :LOL:

Those R2 controlled shots are improved so much this year, they are actually very effective, I suggest you guys try them :).

Very unimportant thing to mention, but I'm liking the soundtrack from what I've heard so far :P.

There's one track which I find horrific. It may be to some people's tastes but to me it just sounds like awful screaming, like some guy with his nuts trapped in a vice.

So glad those 100 yard launched clearances have gone - in PES 2011 you could boot the ball way up the pitch on the turn, with the wrong foot if you did a manual long ball, now they barely reach the halfway line, much better!

Just finished a great game, Tottenham vs. Rangers... looked like an easy win with Tottenham bagging 3 before 80 minutes, but Rangers came back with 2 in the next 6 minutes! Only a last ditch tackle save me from an embarrassing draw in overtime.

Don't have many so far, but I like the free kicks a lot better than the last few versions.

Just finished a great game, Tottenham vs. Rangers... looked like an easy win with Tottenham bagging 3 before 80 minutes, but Rangers came back with 2 in the next 6 minutes! Only a last ditch tackle save me from an embarrassing draw in overtime.

Don't have many so far, but I like the free kicks a lot better than the last few versions.

I've noticed this too, the free kicks finally have some pace and whip on them now.

Konami and all pes fans this 2nd demo made my day! I must say that is the first next-gen PES that make me stop playing PES 6.
I say full of happiness that I love PES 2012!

*One thing to consider is why konami lowered the difficulty from IA, on 1rst demo they attacked like a maniac, on 2nd demo is a bit more easy. Hope they bring back that on Full game.

Thanks Konami!

What a game! Finally after all these years Konami has brought us the good old fun and dynamic gameplay we all know and miss from last gen pes/we games.

Just had a thriller of a game with a good come back at the end playing with B.Munich against Inter with AI on Top Player and one bar assist pass.
Check out the screamer of a goal from the AI at the beginning.

YouTube - B.Munich - Inter Milan

Sorry but these keepers are still broken I conceeded 2 long range freekicks that the keeper fell over with his arms on his sides Both shots fell low but he reacts farr too late not anticipating the fight of the ball...Konami must fix this.

Konami, you are almost spoiling us with this realistic, realtime gameplay. Five games in and i'm loving it. Never again will you have to scream to your team mates, to make a run, they have already done it. The AI is bordering telepathic.
Still a few tweaks here and there needed, but vast improvements so far. For a few seconds whilst playing, I thought that it was a dream and I was playing the most complete football simulation yet, completely tailored to my requirements.
Time for some more.

What a game! Finally after all these years Konami has brought us the good old fun and dynamic gameplay we all know and miss from last gen pes/we games.

Just had a thriller of a game with a good come back at the end playing with B.Munich against Inter with AI on Top Player and one bar assist pass.
Check out the screamer of a goal from the AI at the beginning.

YouTube - B.Munich - Inter Milan

What version Demo mate. PS3,PC, Xbox360?

Can someone tell me about the score PES12 is getting ? IGn, Eurogamer, Famitsu etc.
PES is back with a vengeance and no disrespect to EA but KONAMI took the trophy thia year whay rightfully belongs toto.them. Now, I will be astonished and completely MIND BOOGLED if FIFA outscores PES12.

Play it more - there is no way the second demo is worse!

Except for one thing - there does seem to be a bug, at least on the 360 (you on the 360? or PC?) which causes this weird random movement of its own accord. I've found a workaround (hardly idea) by plugging in a second controller and pressing start on the menu with that - cuts out a few weird little issues I'd noticed actually. Rather big bug.

Just getting round to playing it now, immediately noticed passing on zero assistance is even better, agility and dribbling for some lesser players has been toned down, but:

this bug does seem to exist, sometimes the players make movements while dribbling that I didn't command them to, jarring movements as if someone else is controlling them, its a strange one and I'll try the second controller plug in to see if it makes a difference (on the 360).

The bug is sometimes when players do a 90 degree turn on heir own, or burst forward with an R1 sprint on their own, this isn't AI it is clearly a bug, cannot believe how it got through testing!

Last edited:
Can someone tell me about the score PES12 is getting ? IGn, Eurogamer, Famitsu etc.
PES is back with a vengeance and no disrespect to EA but KONAMI took the trophy thia year whay rightfully belongs toto.them. Now, I will be astonished and completely MIND BOOGLED if FIFA outscores PES12.

FIFA 12 has already got a 94% in one (suspiciously early) so far

Most of my mates reactions on twitter seem to be that they think it's improved, but not enough for them to get it instead of FIFA. People are too stubborn and stick with what they know, which is why COD sells more than any other game despite releasing basically the same content every year.

I predict FIFA will easily outscore PES, but after a few months it'll gain more support and probably next year become the more popular series again. Magazines generally follow the consensus when reviewing sport's games, rather than lead opinion.

Anyway I thoroughly enjoyed todays play and cannot wait for next month. Keepers are still a worry but not enough to ruin the game.

I predict FIFA will easily outscore PES, but after a few months it'll gain more support and probably next year become the more popular series again. Magazines generally follow the consensus when reviewing sport's games, rather than lead opinion.

This is almost certainly how it will pan out. FIFA will most likely average somewhere between 90-95% and PES 85-90%.

As they said on the WENB podcast, Konami has concentrated on the unglamorous features this year - principally the AI - which isn't really for the benefit of the casual mass market. EA on the other hand has continued to focus on the superficial, 'back-of-the-box' features such as Impact Engine & Pro Dribbling/Defending (whatever the fuck it's called) which don't add a great deal to the fundamental experience.

EA will continue to win the plaudits for their technical innovations when Konami should be getting massive respect for creating the best AI in any football game ever.

Back
Top Bottom