PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Sorry to get off topic but its great to see that danyjr has been banned. Today justice has truly been served lol. To quote him 'You won't be missed'. Ha!

I like the game but there are some things that drive me a bit crazy.
For example, the running animations for some players simply don't link,
and the result is pretty painful for the eye. Also, there's a lot of clipping
between players' legs and the ball.
The worst part is the keeper. I mean he is better, but how is he better?
The keepers' animations are a joke to be honest.
And it's been like that for the last 4 years.
I'm pretty scared I won't enjoy this game after a month or two.

Isn't anyone bothered by the AI suddenly makes an early cross for no reason at all and the ball rises high to the air?

Or the fact that there are micro freezes?

Or that there is a movement bug?

If Konami can't release a proper demo (or even decide this late the individuality of players), then I fear the final game will be really bad.

What on earth is going on over there? Are people actually getting paid? Or is their job just to tweet shit like Murphy?

Come on Konami, get you act together. You are so close...

Sorry to get off topic but its great to see that danyjr has been banned. Today justice has truly been served lol. To quote him 'You won't be missed'. Ha!

This day just got even better. :)

I'm so happy that all the personal little gripes I had with Demo 1 are gone, this really is an amazing experience. It's so smooth, and the passing, did I mention the passing ? :CONFUSE:

Goodie, they finally fixed the touchy passing from the 1st demo. Just ended a game Bayern vs Tottenham 4-3, bloody A.I doesn't give up.

Got around the weird turning-90-degrees-on-its-own bug issue, assuming it's not in the final build (surely it can't be, that would be ridiculous) and just enjoying myself. Keepers are definitely still not good enough - they are around the level of PES 2011's keepers which frankly feels worse than they were in the preview code I played. Fingers crossed (word is there will be a patch to improve them further).

Keepers really need a trio of changes - first I think their reactions need to be increased just a tiny bit - second they need to stop palming it straight back out, ruddy hate that, they aren't holding it enough and when they don't hold they should be attempting to parry it around the post or at least away from the central part of the penalty area.

Playing some great football
Scoring some great goals

Can't wait to play it come Oct 14th.

How did you get around it? Plugging in a second controller yeah?

MadCatz one will come in super handy now.

There are some improvements but some still bug me so much, does anyone else share my opinion?

1. Speed merchant is more unrealistic than ever, player keeps gliding like he was on ice and it seems hes even faster when changing directions left right with speed merchant than if he just runs in a straight line lol.

2. Close control is too good because defenders can run at full speed and still have the ball so close like only the best players in the world can ( attackers ofc ).

3. Not much difference in stats? If someone has 75 or 85 stat in something, for example dribbling acc I don't notice much of a difference at all, compared to Pes 2011, it seems its less inviduality and most players play very similar.

edit. about point 3, I was just playing with Tottenham vs Rangers and I kicked the ball quite forward with Lennon on the wing ( he has 97 top speed ) so the defender and lennon were running towards the ball and the defender was gaining on me, come on.... speed should matter.

edit2. A rangers player was running on the flank and I was about 5meters behind him with lennon sprinting after and I couldn't catch him, even tho he was dribbling the ball... I really hate this, im sure im not the only one.

Last edited:
Please can somebody make a torrent from the 2nd PC-demo? It takes ages to download. I am already wating for about 4 hours and it is only at 30% :(

oh my god this game is absolutely terrible. player individuality is at its worst in the series. just look at this video apparently was made in 10 minutes. defensive ai is so shit.

cant believe pes is actually worse than fifa this year.

Pretty sure you are mostly trolling, but I'll comment anyway. Now I wouldn't know why the video being made in 10 minutes matters exactly, but both Nesta and Zambrotta are very good all round players and I could see them pull this off. Also the difficulty level is probably below Regular. So who cares.

This passing has changed so much, I've never seen passes be delivered like this before. Not sure if it's because I'm on '0' level, but alot of passes on the deck are not going straight to the players feet like they always have, it's so much more organic than ever before. Balls are played into space but with the receiver moving to collect, rather than straight-ish lines to a more static player. It moves so well, I cant believe how organic its looking. I never expected this kind of improvement, although the release of two demo's did indicate a very good hand. Never thought it was a Running Flush though. :CONFUSE:

Please can somebody make a torrent from the 2nd PC-demo? It takes ages to download. I am already wating for about 4 hours and it is only at 30% :(
Pleeeeease

pretty-please-just-one-treat.jpg

Alot of things have improved from 2011 and it is looking like a better game but in terms of inviduality im very disapointed... its probably the worst PES ever in terms of inviduality.
I can still remember how you feelt in PES 6 when a fast player was running towards the ball , or when you had a strong player that pushed some weak one off the ball easily and how u feelt when u shot with someone that had 90+ shot stats and with someone who had 70+... sadly in PES 2012 most players feel exactly the same, this is not what PES was about... from that standpoint im very disapointed in KONAMI.

Guys, I'm sure this has been answered before, but am I right in assuming that the PS3 version of the full game will be much better - editing wise - than the XB360 version? Option files taken into consideration, of course. I bought the PS3 version last year for this very reason, but I would certainly rather have the 360 version for Live/controller etc. if the option files are going to be widely available for that system.

Cheers.

Just had one of those PES moments. You know the kind, doing a Ravanelli down the hallway.

Played a Copa game, Pro difficulty, everything set to off, me as Internacional. 0-0 after 90, having been battered sideways but my keeper having a stormer (wish I'd got a video of one of the saves he made, tipped a deflected strike round the post with a lovely dive).

Got my first corner of the game, and was tempted to play it short as I hadn't won a header in the box all game. Whipped it in regardless, cleared with ease back to D'Allesandro, who faked to cross, twisted, and whipped back the ball right onto Rafael Sóbis unmarked head to smash it into the top corner. In the grand scheme of things, it wasn't that great a goal, and the marking was shocking, but I was so pleased to have won I must've replayed it a good 15 times :D

Cue the Ravanelli.

The 'Pass to Wrong Man Bug', seems to be fixed, not see any of that yet.

That's brilliant.

I really enjoyed the movement of the AI in the midfield in the first demo. Depending on the player, they move very nicely into space, halfway between a forward run and staying static. It is so satisfying to draw an opposition midfielder out of position, find that one small movement of a teammate into space and use a manual through ball. The problem in the first demo was the layoff through ball 'targeting' a different player.

Can't wait to get home from work and try out the new demo.

Back
Top Bottom