PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

This passing has changed so much, I've never seen passes be delivered like this before. Not sure if it's because I'm on '0' level, but alot of passes on the deck are not going straight to the players feet like they always have, it's so much more organic than ever before. Balls are played into space but with the receiver moving to collect, rather than straight-ish lines to a more static player. It moves so well, I cant believe how organic its looking. I never expected this kind of improvement, although the release of two demo's did indicate a very good hand. Never thought it was a Running Flush though. :CONFUSE:

This. I'm playing on 0 too on the PC version, and some of the passes really make me wanna cream my pants. Mind you, they are the simplest passes, just a touch here, a lay-off there, but oh my, how good they actually look. Especially when the player runs onto it. Organic is exactly the word that came to mind when I was playing. Brilliant.

I don't think il be buying pes 2012 from what ive seen, I don't like it at all.

They can talk about improvements all they want but what does it matter if they improve some parts if they ruin other ones.

The close control in this game ruins everything for me, its not even world class players its defenders running when I hold sprint and keeping the ball glued to their feet even more than Messi does in real life come on wtf is that? And im limited to that close control also, if I want to push the ball to the side to open space for a shot I can't, why? because if I press sprint and change the direction to the side ( in older PES games the ball would be pushed a bit further out ) the player still keeps the ball GLUED to his freaking foot all the time, its SO unrealistic and it ruins everything for me, I don't care what other things look like this is unacceptable and I can't enjoy a game like this.

I'm sure with all the enthusiasm, something might have been missed, so I'll ask: are the settings being saved between games in the 2nd PS3 demo?

And also, is the Training mode changed? I have my fingers crossed for some free kick action... :)

I played 5 mins the WE demo before living home for work, Rangers vs Bayern... I was losing 2-0, but was having a blast, the passing seems frankly better. Also, the intro video is different, and has a few insights into football life... can't wait to see it with English captions ;)

Have a great day! I'm loving reading all your opinions.

Paulo Tavares

I don't think il be buying pes 2012 from what ive seen, I don't like it at all.

They can talk about improvements all they want but what does it matter if they improve some parts if they ruin other ones.

The close control in this game ruins everything for me, its not even world class players its defenders running when I hold sprint and keeping the ball glued to their feet even more than Messi does in real life come on wtf is that? And im limited to that close control also, if I want to push the ball to the side to open space for a shot I can't, why? because if I press sprint and change the direction to the side ( in older PES games the ball would be pushed a bit further out ) the player still keeps the ball GLUED to his freaking foot all the time, its SO unrealistic and it ruins everything for me, I don't care what other things look like this is unacceptable and I can't enjoy a game like this.

Better change the username then :D

Thoughts after playing a few games: (PC version, but I thought I'll post here as well)

- Passing assistance has more difference now. Played on zero bar assistance and the kind of passes you can do are amazing. You can do short lay-offs, passes into space for the guy to run onto. And of course this means that there are errors. Can't do ping-pong! Try it on zero bar. It definitely takes some getting used to but persevere and you shall see results. I haven't mastered it myself but loving it.

-Ball physics are definitely better compared to first demo. Passing and shooting have more zing about them now. And long balls feel good!

-Gameplay is slower compared to first demo on 0 speed. Some people have said its faster. Might be due to the camera thats being used.

-It's a joy playing with Rangers.

-Settings can be saved! And you don't have to keep turning one-touch settings when you go to game plan as well. That's one major annoyance out of the way

That's it for now. Let's see how my thoughts change after more games.

The animation nailed it for me. They didnt score from it, but it looked more realistic because of that due to the fact in real-life you need to be fully aware of your line, it's harder with those type as you cant alter the direction. It's a straight forward-back technique, no twisting of the ankle. Very impressed with it. Love how he bends his arm as well for the balance in technique, perfect.

YouTube - CPU Ai 'Help It On Backheel'
Maybe if he had some kind of scoop or sand wedge glued to the back of his boot... otherwise I'm unsure how a rolling ball ends up at waist height.

Bad news about demo 2 guys.... It will have you utterly hooked!

I really am in quite a awe after my first game (PS3). Played Inter against Tottenham, and since I was usually murdered in demo 1, I set it on Professional level. I had been messing with the pass assistance in demo 1 and never really got to one that I liked, here I stuck it on zero and I really can't see me changing that... ever.

Now, demo 1 never really clicked for me, I was fine with being beaten most of the time, I like a challenge in new Pes games. It was the mostly the passing, and although I managed some wins (even big ones) near the end, there was nothing about the demo that really cried out to me to play more. Also, there was this odd Fifa-esque feeling I had with it. Players felt loose and not properly under my control. I was enjoying the demo, but still, I wanted changes.

Keep in mind this is my impression after one game, but that Fifa-feeling I had before is completely gone! It's like Konami reached into their engine and tightened the bolts. My first pass went astray... wildly... but it was because I made a bad pass, simple as that! zero passing assistance felt like it should (even if there is clearly some assistance). There were some instances where I didn't pass to the intended player, but those felt entirely my own fault. No random passes 90+ degrees away from my target.

No mistakes from the keepers, AI felt tight, yet I always felt I had a chance, even when Tottenham scored the first goal. I eventually won with two from Sneijder, awesome near post rocket from the edge of the box and a header after some brilliant buildup play and cross.

It's strange however, that because this PES-feeling is back for me, I feel this demo is actually more like PES 2011. And thus, I suppose those who really loved the first demo (sans keepers, of course) could feel this demo is a step backwards.

It will be fun to play on and read impressions for the next days.

Last edited:
Only had the one game but I could already feel it had come on leaps and bounds. In the first demo I strolled to a 3-0 victory with Santos on Top Player, first go on the second one I barely got a touch of the ball.

Individuality is definitely more pronounced, not as much as I like still but an acceptable amount. Passing is smooth as fuck, I'd absolutely love it if zero was default, but unfortunately it's pretty obvious 4/4 will be used by most.

Can't comment on shooting as I didn't get a shot away <___< Closest I got was with Sobis, wriggled past two, steadied him about to let rip before a defender barged him in the back and that was that.

But yeah, first impressions I'm really pleased. Tempted to uninstall it after today just to keep it fresh for release, reckon I could get a good couple of seasons out of offline ML before venturing online this year.

Can someone test something when you have a free kick near the corner flag area, press L1 & R1 so a player comes and stands with you, then hold L1 and press O and see if the player runs and kicks the ball the opposite way (ie. the player faces the crowd and kicks the ball and it goes towards the goal lol) - happened with the first demo, Hamsik for Napoli is so pro he could probably do this in real life :D

Almost had my second win out of two, switching it up and playing Tottenham against Inter Milan. But Sneijder took it way on the 82. minute. He had a freekick just outside the box, hit the wall, but volleyed the reflection in between my defenders and the keeper had no chance. Great cpu goal.

No it saves now, thank fuck. I have an avatar and everything. :SMUG: :LOL:

I cant believe how many new and relevant animations have been added to Demo 2, I've seen so many new ones in all area's but especially passing in just 3 games. Its reminding of those old PS2 days when something new seemed to pop-up every 5 minutes.

I loved Demo 1, but this is an entirely new animal altogether. With the Copa Teams on '0', this is the best passing system I have ever had the pleasure to experience. I love the way the ball isnt always hit direct to player, sometimes arcing in, or dropping short with the bounce. Truly brilliant.
D'Alessandro is, once again, an absolute joy to control - he has a magical left peg :WORSHIP:.

You bastards! I'm stuck at uni until 7 tonight and my wife and new son get home from the hospital today. No time for PES for a long spell :(

Keep posting videos Jim, I will live vicariously through you.

THIS GAME.

Went as Spur against Inter, keeping the ball well and probing their defence. Was playing a high backline to maintain the pressure, as you'd expect extremely susceptible to the pace of Eto'o and Pazzini on the break. After a couple of close calls, Sneijder is played through 1-on-1, Gomes comes flying out, Sneinjder slips it round him and comes tumbling down. Penalty. Smashed against the bar, bounces across the line and the backspin carries it back out. Moments earlier Crouch did his trademark leaning back probing header that shaved the post. Every play just looks so fucking realistic.

You bastards! I'm stuck at uni until 7 tonight and my wife and new son get home from the hospital today. No time for PES for a long spell :(

Umm... Congratulations on the new son? :)

Hmmmm I get to play with this guy again. Have any of you pulled this simple yet majestic move yet. I could not believe I played with al the superstars then this kid pulls up and I do this with him

mind-blown.jpg

That's pretty cool.

Congrats man ;) Hope it all goes well for you :)

PES-talk,

I can't believe I got hammered by Rangers 4-2 on -2 speed :( And I'm Tottenham (Sorry Tobi).

Can anyone help me please.

I have been trying to download the pc demo, the konami link does not work, every other file is either not responding or i have to pay for a premium service to download beyond 1gb.

I just want to download and play it but having spent an hour at lunch time and now an hour after work trying to find a pc download link I am almost simply giving up on the game.

Just had enough, why is the Konami link not working and has not been all day????

Targetmen look useful so far. Swing in a couple of long balls to Crouch and he's a right threat.

I'm as happy as larry so far. Dawson takes comparatively colossal touches when he's in possession, that just didn't happen in the last demo. And the ball physics are sublime. Goal mouth scrambles are fantastic when it's bobbling about, especially with the reaction times. :SMUG:

Just finished playing Demo 2 on the PS3. Such a huge improvement over the first demo, its unbelievable.

The passing has been improved, the settings remain, the shooting is fantastic now and has more weight and venom, goalkeepers are much better as I have seen quite a few good saves in my few matches, individuality of players is more pronounced and it all just feels so much more tighter, responsive and organic.

I really can't wait for October 14th. In my opinion it looks set to be the best football game this generation, perhaps even the best PES ever.

Just finished playing Demo 2 on the PS3. Such a huge improvement over the first demo, its unbelievable.

The passing has been improved, the settings remain, the shooting is fantastic now and has more weight and venom, goalkeepers are much better as I have seen quite a few good saves in my few matches, individuality of players is more pronounced and it all just feels so much more tighter, responsive and organic.

I really can't wait for October 14th. In my opinion it looks set to be the best football game this generation, perhaps even the best PES ever.

agree, almost at same pes 5 level or close second
of course playing i will notice more flaws, but the great things in this demo are many and hide well some issues

I have been trying to download the pc demo, the konami link does not work, every other file is either not responding or i have to pay for a premium service to download beyond 1gb.

I just want to download and play it but having spent an hour at lunch time and now an hour after work trying to find a pc download link I am almost simply giving up on the game.

Just had enough, why is the Konami link not working and has not been all day????

Hi Dave, bottom of the first post in the pc demo chat thread is a multiupload link. ;)

This post in PC section
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2326452&postcount=1170
Mediafire links, simultaneous downloads allowed

Well it took Konami nearly 6 years but I think they have finally reached the production quality of their PS2 games on this generation of consoles. :TU:

Back
Top Bottom