PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I hope Konami are up to date with team formations, watching that Inter vs Bayern video, Inter aren't playing the 3-4-3 formation that they'll most likely be using this season.

Also it always bugs me how he formation screen in match never displays the formation properly.

Going back to said video, I wasn't impressed with the CPU's play, Pazzini doing little shimmy's as the defenders watch and stand off him is bad, very bad.

I've got some essays lined up for the upcoming feedback thread..

Hi Tobi

Unless you are going to watch CPU v CPU for your PES fix then I am not sure the locking of shimmy & jockey is relevant. It's simplistic counter of defense and attack that the AI would adopt, Human v human or CPU v Human will not produce this kind of on rails mechanics.

Having played the unpolished Demo 1 v the CPU to death, I have never once experienced that exagerated situation.

No worries!!

I'm getting quite impatient now being an Xbox owner... I go to uni next Sunday (18th) so I'm hoping for at least a couple of days to give it a try!

I think they should release football games at the start of the football season... Those few weeks between when the season kicks off and the release of PES are annoying :P.

Hi Tobi

Unless you are going to watch CPU v CPU for your PES fix then I am not sure the locking of shimmy & jockey is relevant. It's simplistic counter of defense and attack that the AI would adopt, Human v human or CPU v Human will not produce this kind of on rails mechanics.

Having played the unpolished Demo 1 v the CPU to death, I have never once experienced that exagerated situation.

No worries!!

I realise that, its just disappointing to see that despite the AI being drastically been improved, the CPU itself seems incapable of taking advantage of it and realising that it now has greater, or better still a wider range of possibilities at its disposal.

ProRevo says: No PC demo. Already confirmed on facebook. Decision was made in Japan, but here in Europe it seems that nobody knows the reason.

tbh, i cant believe that they dont release a 2nd pc demo. it would be absolutely senseless for me.

I don't know, maybe they don't release the second demo on PC because the first one has been hacked to bits?

Maybe. It's a shame and more prejudicial to Konami themselves. The PC version is certainly the best one because it's the only version in which we can overcome the lack of Bundesliga.

I don't understand them and I must say I'm really disappointed. Anyway, thanks to Konami, I'll play the FIFA 12 demo on PC instead of their game :P

No PC demo?

Good one Konami. The sad thing is if they had a team devoted to development on PC rather than ports from their console development team they would have so much more room to work with. I have both a ps3 and a good PC and i know how the ps3 demo version felt like it was pushing the capabilities of the console in comparison to the PC version, it was exactly the same with the full release of 2011. I know their priorities lay with the consoles and it's no shock but the sad truth is that Konami really could do so much more if at least some priority layed with PC development. In truth i don't think too much does if they're making this decision based on the PC market not mattering as much.

On the flip side perhaps they chose not to release it because the first one was modifiable but even with mods it felt like there was more to come from the game. The mods, like Yair's updates, didn't make things perfect even if they did a good job at making the game demo more enjoyable. If all we're getting is the equivalency of what the mods did then i'd be quite annoyed. I thought the game was capable of much more with time from the actual development team.

Last edited:
I think, and I'm not sure, that you can't play online vs Europeans or other regions different to yours. Unless someone in Europe buys the US version, of course.
That is not correct; I've had the US PS3 versions and you can play with anyone from anywhere across the world. I've played with people from Chile to even a bloke in Thailand, with players in Bosnia, the UAE, the UK, Hong Kong, Japan, etc. - never had a problem with connecting to them, either(mostly).

Of course, time zone is important so someone residing in the US at 2pm in the afternoon might not find someone in Japan or New Zealand at that same time etc., but there are absolutely no region restrictions with online play. Updates and option files are something I'm not sure about though.

Last edited:
I don't know, maybe they don't release the second demo on PC because the first one has been hacked to bits?
I think there may be some truth in that. Konami have a product that, at the moment a version of their game is undergoing some serious modifications. This is obviously being done without their consent, so i completely sympathise with them if that was their reason for not releasing a second demo for the pc. Wouldn't you be a bit pissed off if something you created was completely changed before it had even been released? They would probably like to do the mods themselves as and when necessary or by public demand.

That is not correct; I've had the US PS3 versions and you can play with anyone from anywhere across the world. I've played with people from Chile to even a bloke in Thailand, with players in Bosnia, the UAE, the UK, Hong Kong, Japan, etc. - never had a problem with connecting to them, either(mostly).

Of course, time zone is important so someone residing in the US at 2pm in the afternoon might not find someone in Japan or New Zealand at that same time etc., but there are absolutely no region restrictions with online play. Updates and option files are something I'm not sure about though.

Option files are not compatible. One reason to get the Euro version.

Option files are not compatible. One reason to get the Euro version.
Sure, if you prefer kits and custom leagues to online play etc. I suppose there is nothing stopping someone from buying the US version first and then selling it afterwards after getting the UK version later, if you really need a patch?

Thanks for that Lami.
I play purely offline with mates or against computer so not a problem.
If thats the only drawback I guess I'll give it a go.
Should I delete all the existing option files for 2011.I take it nothing will be compatible with the new version.

If it's from a different BLES version then it won't work mate. But who knows, maybe Konami surprises us and we can finally use OFs from different regions, even though its highly unlikely. Just keep them til the games released just to be on the safe side.

Maybe you are able to play all these people because the have the US version? I'm not sure about this tbh. I just remember people complaining that they can't play people in the US because of the different BLES versions.

Last edited:
Well guys, I've finally managed to get Euro PSN (residing in US) and download PEs12 DEMO 1.
After booting up the demo, and playing a few matches I can say this:

Its EASILY, WITHOUT A DOUBT, one of the best PES Konami ever released. Many will probably disagree with me on this statement but for me its the FIRST PES that gave me a WOW, SHOCKING feeling only after one match.

The settings I used:

Cursor Assistance: Semi
Passing Assistance: One Bar
Other PLAYER assistance all 3 OFF and tackle set on HARD.
Game speed is where it gets tricky. IMO 0 is the best, gives you most realistic gameplay. -1 I find too slow, +1 becomes PES11 (ping-pong).
While I do like wide camera, pitchsize suits this game the most with 0 game speed settings.

What can I say about this game, or should I say DEMO!!!! not even a full finished game and its playing like this???? Boy, its going to be a long fall, winter heck even spring and summer :) lol.

- Passing is superb, spot on
- Ball physics are UNREAL, life like (HOW DID KONAMI ACHIEVE THIS IS BEYOND ME)
- For me SHOOTING is almost like life-like, very realistic (no clue why certain people complain). You can score a long range screamer which is very realistic. Watching real tv matches highlights, is what kind of beautiful long range killers you can score.

- pitch size is SPOT ON with incredible grass detal, beautiful vivid lighting.
- Someone mentioned white nets when playing night matches? Never got a white net. Played all matches @ SAN SIRO and they are grey (no biggie but would like white better)
- Now, the AI in this game is PROBABLY, MOST LIKELY the best AI/CPU in any sports game EVER CREATED BOTTOM LINE.
Every single match I played on Professional level the AI plays like real human being, very good, unpredictable, good realistic buildup and the BEST PART, the AI makes mistakes like real player would normally make. Poor clearance for example, had a few auto goals with CPU keeper accidentaly kicking the ball in his own net....fucking brilliant.

- taking ball is now harder than ever mostly due to AI playing like super human. Also getting the ball from CPU is so godamn realistic. PES11 and FIFA 11 has such a poor option when taking the ball from.opposing player. All you practically have to do is walk into a player and the ball is yours ESPECIALLY in FIFA11 and even FIFA12. To me this is very unrealistic and now finally, PES12 has nailed this spot on perfect that it gives me an awesome feeling when I take the ball away from CPU player. PURE GENIOUS.
- The ref's are very good FAIR, extremely unfair at times, biased, whatnot just like in real life. Simply amazing.
- scoring a goal gives you this unreal fucking feeling like your on the pitch yourseld and scored a goal in real life situation.

This demo is simply brilliant and I cannot imagine what a 2nd one will feel like especially the full game.

Not to disrespect FIFA and EA as they have been doing very good with recent releases but KONAMI have definitely takem the crown back. I will be getting Euro PES12 version to play you European folks, so add me :). PSN: ZidanElite

Cheers!!!

You are wrong ... I have the U.S. version and the European version ... and both have different server and not the same ...

If I want to play with my Spanish friends I have to play with the European version ...

But if I play with my Chilean friends I have to play the U.S. version .....

PEs 2011 USA version Servers:

PES 2011 EUROPEAN version Servers:

Last edited:
-
Every single match I played on Professional level the AI plays like real human being, very good, unpredictable, good realistic buildup and the BEST PART, the AI makes mistakes like real player would normally make.
Cheers!!!

I totally agree:the best AI is the AI that makes mistakes..
AI good passing rate is about 75%-80% like in real football

My only concern is that konami ruin everything with the final version.
Already happened that the demo was better than the final version!

Sure, if you prefer kits and custom leagues to online play etc. I suppose there is nothing stopping someone from buying the US version first and then selling it afterwards after getting the UK version later, if you really need a patch?

Thats what im wanting to do lol, where can i order it online to get it in the UK around release?

The AI on here are owning my ass, playing 1-2's and rounding the keeper but not scoring, cheeky bastard passed to another player to tap it in. I am going to get so much good time playing this. I hope they make Q.P.R. Norwhich and Swansea players realistic stats.

Abbiati still bald in real life but has hair in demo. Also K.P.B has new spikey hair. Hope they have a lot more edit options than last year.

I'm playing ML on preview build and... 95 % of attacks of A.I. = Top Players are with High Balls of Defenders or Midfielders to Strikers..all teams ,same attacks, same situations all the time. I don't know.. maybe this is from D2 and level of teams is low.. will see in D1 how will be .

Last edited:
two things bothering me:

- The commentary, this will be fixed since iam going pc.
- Allot of step overs from CPU. and not just one or two but sometimes 10.

Good thing is i only play online so, i might be satisfied this year.

Back
Top Bottom