PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Am I right in thinking that in the community mode we could set up a EvoWeb league?
I think so.

You can also play community vs community in PES 2012.
I hope it is possible to play with BAL-players in a team against other communities. That way they come close to FIFA's club-mode.

That would be even more interesting than a league :)

guy's playing online is bles restricted. when you play online and it shows the country it doesn't mean he is actually living there. you can chose any country you want.

There will be no low socks available againt this year on edit mode.

Konami doesn't give a crap to it's fans opinions.

I'll only buy FIFA 12 this year.

There will be no low socks available againt this year on edit mode.

Konami doesn't give a crap to it's fans opinions.

I'll only buy FIFA 12 this year.

:CONFUSE:

Are you for real? I mean I am with your argument that Konami didn't listen to the fans regarding changes made to 2012 but low socks? Was that your major issue in 2011? :P

I thought Konami did listen and forgetting or not adding every single request doesn't mean they don't listen to the fans.

Hope your being sarcastic, are low socks really THAT important to you? :P

lol. No, and I always buy PES and FIFA (I play both).

I just don't get it how can't they bring back a simple little thing like that, that was asked by several fans since 2009.

I like to edit everything to make the game more realistic.

And yeah, of course i'll buy PES...i always buy it as i said. It just makes me 'furious' the fact that Konami doesn't listen to the fans opinions...

I can tell why:
Microsoft has an approvement-policy to protect their own Xbox-live-products and one of the rules is that demo's should be released simultaneously with other formats.

Microsoft made problems that the first demo did not show up simultaneously, because the PC version is leaked and was therefore out too early.
Because of that the Xbox version was not approved.

To make sure that the PC version will not be leaked again, Konami decided not to release a second demo for the PC at all....

Would Microsoft really care about the PC version being released first? I thought this policy only stood in relation to the PS3. My guess was that the first demo on the xbox didn't pass some kind of check in time and then when it was released on the PS3 Microsoft didn't want to release the demo because it came later. I read an linked article directly about that on Eurogamer from the homepage of this site the other week.

Then my explanation doesn't really suggest why the 2nd pc demo won't be coming out though. Xbox isn't really trying to rival PCs is it? If so then lol

Would Microsoft really care about the PC version being released first? I thought this policy only stood in relation to the PS3. My guess was that the first demo on the xbox didn't pass some kind of check in time and then when it was released on the PS3 Microsoft didn't want to release the demo because it came later. I read an linked article directly about that on Eurogamer from the homepage of this site the other week.

Then my explanation doesn't really suggest why the 2nd pc demo won't be coming out though. Xbox isn't really trying to rival PCs is it? If so then lol

In that inside gamer-article Microsoft admitted to be somewhat singleminded ( or similar words ) so yes, I think they care about that ;)

It's a pity that the second demo won't be released for PC (still hoping it's just forgetfulness on their part), but well look on the bright side, with the mods around we already have been able to gain so much compared to the Xbox360 and PS3 owners. Granted, PC users won't be able to test the changes that have been made.

Oh and I know this has been mentioned countless times, but watching the games yesterday was like watching PES, more than ever compared to the previous versions of PES. The animations have been criticised to no end, but certain ones they have really nailed it. I saw the exaggerated legs-to-side move when a player had to make an awkward pass, saw the ball being knocked on much further when a player rushed on to the ball, and of course saw the jockeying. Really looking forward to the final game now. Till then, I've to be content with playing the modded PC demo since I don't own a PS3 or Xbox360.

It's a pity that the second demo won't be released for PC (still hoping it's just forgetfulness on their part), but well look on the bright side, with the mods around we already have been able to gain so much compared to the Xbox360 and PS3 owners. Granted, PC users won't be able to test the changes that have been made.

Oh and I know this has been mentioned countless times, but watching the games yesterday was like watching PES, more than ever compared to the previous versions of PES. The animations have been criticised to no end, but certain ones they have really nailed it. I saw the exaggerated legs-to-side move when a player had to make an awkward pass, saw the ball being knocked on much further when a player rushed on to the ball, and of course saw the jockeying. Really looking forward to the final game now. Till then, I've to be content with playing the modded PC demo since I don't own a PS3 or Xbox360.

This, basically to me, seeing a too neat animation sequence is nice. But i might miss some element that a footballer do abruptly like inconsistent dribbling rhtym, turn etc which is provided to certain extent by Konami. :P

Bah I'll just stick it out until October 14th then. Already know it's a day one purchase for me so may as well experience the improvements on release day.

Be interested to know if they've been any enhancements to individuality, shooting, passing and keeping though from those that play.

to the pes analists here, that video about the extra content, that stuff about the kits there are two types right the the first two are those puma ish kits, tight ones? or am i mistaking, because the other two are the classics tight shirt + underwear (boxers):P, the part of editing i like is the one with master league where i can create my own fantasy club, own kits and stuff,...

Last edited:
i think the idea of not releasing a 2nd "definite" demo on pc serves more piracy than countering it "
i those who have per-ordered the game or those who are planning to buy it on release have the right to test the game in its finished state
and as konami itself said that the 1st demo is more like a beta as it is taken while the game is in development and as it's NOT representative of the final product
then we "who have per-ordered- the game have the right to test or per-ordered game
but now are are punished by konami for no reason
i saw many mates on twitter cancelling their pro-order not for the above reason bit just to force konami to show some respect for the pc gamers
i'm even thinking doing the same thing if it turned out to be "cancel my per-order campaign" lol

i think the idea of not releasing a 2nd "definite" demo on pc serves more piracy than countering it "
i those who have per-ordered the game or those who are planning to buy it on release have the right to test the game in its finished state
and as konami itself said that the 1st demo is more like a beta as it is taken while the game is in development and as it's NOT representative of the final product
then we "who have per-ordered- the game have the right to test or per-ordered game
but now are are punished by konami for no reason
i saw many mates on twitter cancelling their pro-order not for the above reason bit just to force konami to show some respect for the pc gamers
i'm even thinking doing the same thing if it turned out to be "cancel my per-order campaign" lol

x

i didnt preorder, but if I cant try the finished code, I will definitely NOT order or buy this game. If they fear for some reason that demo will be leaked again, then they can just postpone demo for pc, week later or something.

x

i didnt preorder, but if I cant try the finished code, I will definitely NOT order or buy this game. If they fear for some reason that demo will be leaked again, then they can just postpone demo for pc, week later or something.

Demo is not finished code anyway.

Some of these previous posts are grating to the eyes. Proper grammar and punctuating please :RANT:.

Anyway I find the PC thing hard to believe, I'm sure it's gonna be debunked this coming week.

Demo is not finished code anyway.

oh come one...
not this crap again like every year
its 80 its 60% build blabla

second demo is the decider, full game wont play any diffrent, just some small tunings..

or do u felt any better on 09 010 in full game than demo?
haha, no
i remember people moaned demo was even better..

oh come one...
not this crap again like every year
its 80 its 60% build blabla

second demo is the decider, full game wont play any diffrent, just some small tunings..

or do u felt any better on 09 010 in full game than demo?
haha, no
i remember people moaned demo was even better..

I said that in reply to his comment that he won't buy or order the game if he can't try the finished code. My point being, the demo is definitely NOT finished code. Nothing there about whether the demo is better or whatnot.

Graday answered my question in the Pesfan review code Q+A thread.

I asked:

Has the dribble accuracy been toned down for the technically limited and average players? In the first demo too many players were too good at dribbling, as if there had been some universal increase in dribble accuracy and speed for everyone.

The differences weren't big enough for the technically limited players. I'm not saying they have to be like tanks but I was seeing the likes of Michael Carrick and Flamini dancing around my players like Messi :(

He replied:

Dribbling is still deadly. But, it's all about defending... From my experience defending is HARDER but if you approach it with patience then it can cancel out dribbling. It'll take a while to get to grips with it though.

I still don't buy it. It's clear that it hasn't changed.

All the things that are being worked on for release: goalkeepers, shooting, pass assistance, crossing, chipped through balls, animation transitions, even defensive AI positioning, do not include the balance between direct dribbling and defending.

Unfortunately the more and more I play the 1st demo the realization comes to me that the mindset of the game, regardless of later code, is unfairly skewered to the attackers. Unlike PES 2010 and 2011 this is not even a case of “learning the art of defending” or not “over pressuring”, the game is BUILT THIS WAY.

Dribbling > defending. That's the way it is.

That is the PES 6 style direction they have gone with the game. You can understand the technically accomplished players being hard to defend against, but it is the average players and technically limited players as well that have received a universal boost in dribble accuracy and speed. The differences aren't great enough.

For example in PES 2011 I felt clear differences between the likes of Luca Toni and Krasic. With Toni I had to use his strength to hold the ball up and lay it off, also taking advantage of his height to win headers, he was a slow player and a clumsy dribbler who took heavy touches. With Krasic I could go directly at defenders with little fear because he is clearly an amazing dribbler, the ball could stick to his feet as I've seen it do in real life. But here it is far too easy to skip past defenders in 1-on-1s for MOST PLAYERS, and it is deliberately done to encourage attacking play.

The balance is spoiled. Silky attacking play that puts the defenders on the back foot as second-class-citizens has been favoured, rather than a balanced model that gives fairness to the attackers and defenders, in order to rely on skill.

R2+X hold up play is random and skilless imo. Timing your challenges depends on luck rather than patience and finesse, which is a shame because you could really LEARN how to defend well in PES 2010 and 2011.

Granted, there are elements of luck and randomness in real football too, but 'form is temporary, class is permanent', and skill usually shows itself in most situations. But how can I use skill in defending when I do not even feel fully in control of my defensive players! They feel too loose and too susceptible to being wrong footed. The slightest millimeter and you lose the 1 on 1. Its like it is black and white, and real defending is not like that, unless you're facing the very very best dribblers like Messi/Ronaldo. But not everyone is supposed to be like Messi/Ronaldo. This is the downside that happens when you go to the other extreme end of responsivity, the floatiness and skating around, the reduced solid weighty feeling of players that is detrimental to defending.

Online is going to be dreadful. Just you wait until the novelty of the AI and responsivity has worn off. It'll be PES 6 all over again :(

While I still look forward to having fun with the game, and it has taken leaps forward with the AI and plenty of other things, its positives have been diminished and outweighed by this problem. Sorry, but my enthusiasm has dimmed.

guy's playing online is bles restricted. when you play online and it shows the country it doesn't mean he is actually living there. you can chose any country you want.
No, I've even spoken with several of those people after I've played with them, and yes, they actually do live in their respective countries (fancy that). Please tell me how I managed to play several players from places like Thailand, Hong Kong, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, UAE, Japan, the UK and EU, Italy, France, Germany, even Bosnia, etc.? And I'm talking about all online modes, including MLO etc. On that matter, how do you know that these players are not actually living in their respective countries? Show some proof of this outrageously stupid claim, like Jon Murphy or someone at Konami stating this, before you spout utter BS based in hearsay.

Last edited:
I still don't buy it. It's clear that it hasn't changed.

All the things that are being worked on for release: goalkeepers, shooting, pass assistance, crossing, chipped through balls, animation transitions, even defensive AI positioning, do not include the balance between direct dribbling and defending.

Unfortunately the more and more I play the 1st demo the realization comes to me that the mindset of the game, regardless of later code, is unfairly skewered to the attackers. Unlike PES 2010 and 2011 this is not even a case of “learning the art of defending” or not “over pressuring”, the game is BUILT THIS WAY.

Dribbling > defending. That's the way it is.

That is the PES 6 style direction they have gone with the game. You can understand the technically accomplished players being hard to defend against, but it is the average players and technically limited players as well that have received a universal boost in dribble accuracy and speed. The differences aren't great enough.

For example in PES 2011 I felt clear differences between the likes of Luca Toni and Krasic. With Toni I had to use his strength to hold the ball up and lay it off, also taking advantage of his height to win headers, he was a slow player and a clumsy dribbler who took heavy touches. With Krasic I could go directly at defenders with little fear because he is clearly an amazing dribbler, the ball could stick to his feet as I've seen it do in real life. But here it is far too easy to skip past defenders in 1-on-1s for MOST PLAYERS, and it is deliberately done to encourage attacking play.

The balance is spoiled. Silky attacking play that puts the defenders on the back foot as second-class-citizens has been favoured, rather than a balanced model that gives fairness to the attackers and defenders, in order to rely on skill.

R2+X hold up play is random and skilless imo. Timing your challenges depends on luck rather than patience and finesse, which is a shame because you could really LEARN how to defend well in PES 2010 and 2011.

Granted, there are elements of luck and randomness in real football too, but 'form is temporary, class is permanent', and skill usually shows itself in most situations. But how can I use skill in defending when I do not even feel fully in control of my defensive players! They feel too loose and too susceptible to being wrong footed. The slightest millimeter and you lose the 1 on 1. Its like it is black and white, and real defending is not like that, unless you're facing the very very best dribblers like Messi/Ronaldo. But not everyone is supposed to be like Messi/Ronaldo. This is the downside that happens when you go to the other extreme end of responsivity, the floatiness and skating around, the reduced solid weighty feeling of players that is detrimental to defending.

Online is going to be dreadful. Just you wait until the novelty of the AI and responsivity has worn off. It'll be PES 6 all over again :(

While I still look forward to having fun with the game, and it has taken leaps forward with the AI and plenty of other things, its positives have been diminished and outweighed by this problem. Sorry, but my enthusiasm has dimmed.

Brilliant post Alien. I'd just like to expand on the dribbling issue and say that it is not just good dribbling skills that have become a standard for the majority of players, but it is also passing, crossing, shooting and pretty much the whole individuality of players that has been watered down. I played Vidić on right wing last night, just out of curiosity, where I dribbled passed Robinho, whipped a cross with left foot which went to Berbatov for a free header. Now this is the type of thing that won't even happen in FIFA (or will it?). Don't even get me started on supper accurate shooting and ping-pong/flair passing.

I feel the mistake is on Konami's part when gathering feedback. For all the issues (and some huge ones) PES 2011 had, for me it looked like a new birth to the series because I thought PES was back to their old philosophy, what it was known for with player individuality and tactics being the core of the game. But instead of improving on what was built, they changed hell of a lot of the game, some good, some bad and some ugly, but overall I dare say, at least for me Seabass and co lost the plot this year. There's hope that the actual game is more true to PES than this first demo but I won't be putting my money on it. :(

Last edited:
Some good goals, some good goalkeeping and some bad defending. It depends on how frequently all these happen though. It could both make or break the game.

I think the negativity regarding defending is a little over the top - for me it's a little skewed he wrong way, and I hope it's toned down in the next demo, full release, or patch so that it's balanced more in favour of the defender. Then again, it still feels better, to me, than the defend v dribble mechanics in any recent game, or possibly any game I can remember. PES and FIFA have been pressure centric for so long.

A small tweak here and there could make this system excellent. Dribbling too could do with being more dependent on player stats - but again - it's probably more of a minor tweak than a big one. The mechanic is on the right lines in terms of how the controls work, for me the balance is just off. It should take little more than a little tweaking to make a big difference - we need to get to the stage where you feel that taking players on is more risky... but without losing the thing which 2012 gets right where 2011 failed, in the ability to punish over-pressing.

For me to imply that it's got worse since last year is just not right: I absolutely adore the way this game punishes you for charging in. I'm not quite happy with the difficulty of making a tackle when you don't charge in - and making the dribbling just slightly less sharp, and hopefully making lesser players less good at dribbling.

I have to say that I don't remember it being so much of a problem in preview code so I'm hoping that it takes at least a small step towards balance with the second demo. If not, it's a pity, but it won't ruin the experience for me, and frankly I'm surprised it can for the rest of you - this game improves so much on what I've tolerated for the last few years that it deserves purchasing and guarantees solid enjoyable, and still reasonably realistic football.

Player individuality is less clear than before too, hopefully some of it will return, but it's still noticeable enough to not be ruinous. There are very obvious differences for me between most of my players.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom