PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Blimey, some people are not easily pleased!!! Keepers have never been great in video games as it's a fine line between superhuman and not. As for running with the ball, it's a country mile from the hunched efforts of the past and for the first time they look acceptable. People are barking up the wrong tree if you think you will ever get realistic turning and dribbling in a video game.

The reality is that it is simply impossible to replicate human mechanics at the level some on here feel should be in the game now! It is not easy writing code in a football match there are thousands of variables that need to be condensed in to 10-20 mins of fun.

If people want reality, go to the park, IMO Konami have gone along way to producing something that is technically brilliant with issues but show me one game that is issue free and I'll eat your underpants.

It's easy to be critical but why not simply embrace the advancements and learn to conquer the perceived flaws.

Enjoy

Enlightenment at his best.
Congratulations on a truly well balanced opinion.
That's what I think of PES 2012, it's a game, not a perfect one, there isn't any...but it is from my point of view the most beautiful recreation of the fun and pleasure of playing football.

Enlightenment at his best.
Congratulations on a truly well balanced opinion.
That's what I think of PES 2012, it's a game, not a perfect one, there isn't any...but it is from my point of view the most beautiful recreation of the fun and pleasure of playing football.

You are the men. This is all about!!!

How do you knock the ball further ahead when running in a straight line? Similar to tapping R1 in previous games? Can see the AI doing it but how to?

Blimey, some people are not easily pleased!!! Keepers have never been great in video games as it's a fine line between superhuman and not. As for running with the ball, it's a country mile from the hunched efforts of the past and for the first time they look acceptable. People are barking up the wrong tree if you think you will ever get realistic turning and dribbling in a video game.

The reality is that it is simply impossible to replicate human mechanics at the level some on here feel should be in the game now! It is not easy writing code in a football match there are thousands of variables that need to be condensed in to 10-20 mins of fun.

If people want reality, go to the park, IMO Konami have gone along way to producing something that is technically brilliant with issues but show me one game that is issue free and I'll eat your underpants.

It's easy to be critical but why not simply embrace the advancements and learn to conquer the perceived flaws.

Enjoy

You should be banned for being so sensible :APPLAUD:

I can't wait to modify the commentary again.

Also to add i'm really against that new camera exhibited in the gameplay video. Long camera angles promotes faster gameplay and with that one you can literally see almost every angle on the pitch. Not sure why the Camera angles in games are getting further and further out, i always thought Fifa's default one was bad but that's worse. I'll stick with Wide. If it leaves more room for error when switching to the flanks it might not be so bad but i have a feeling it'll be just as easy.

Last edited:
I can't wait to modify the commentary again.

Also to add i'm really against that new camera exhibited in the gameplay video. Long camera angles promotes faster gameplay and with that one you can literally see almost every angle on the pitch. Not sure why the Camera angles in games are getting further and further out, i always thought Fifa's default one was bad but that's worse. I'll stick with Wide. If it leaves more room for error when switching to the flanks it might not be so bad but i have a feeling it'll be just as easy.

I always found closer cam to enable faster play because it's upclose 1-on-1, wider play usually results in more passing, opening to the sides etc.
Rather have a combination of long/wide per default setting. Long cam setting ain't that bad in this game

I always found closer cam to enable faster play because it's upclose 1-on-1, wider play usually results in more passing, opening to the sides etc.
Rather have a combination of long/wide per default setting. Long cam setting ain't that bad in this game

That's interesting. I must admit i make that whole claim based on my experience with Fifa and not PES so there may be inherent differences in PES which mean that my suggestion isn't as true. I've only ever played in wide cam so i don't really know but in Fifa when i pushed the camera in and turned the radar off i found myself playing a short passing game rather than playing long through balls (ground and air) because i couldn't see players more than 25 yards in front or behind me. I guess at the end of the day it boils down to how easy PES will make it to play long balls to the other flank or long/through balls to players you can see making a run 30-40 yards away that makes the difference.

Game breaker? Please... Robinho is perhaps overpowered but that doesn't mean the game is broken because good dribblers will destroy you. Bah.

I like you, you are so positive that it almost make me believe this game will be great :-))))))))))))))) and you are not alone here .

Enjoy

Thats right , why not to simply love this game ?

Ugh, that's a game breaker for me. Why Konami why?!

They would like to change it, but they cant, its simply based on PES 2008 engine , its broken, wait for next generation of consoles and hope they can do it, because if they begin on next gen again with broken engine it will be the same story for another 5 years.

The current consoles seem to be pushed to the limit with the current engine. It must be incredibly demanding the amount of AI processing that goes on. They have to cut make sacrifices i guess.

Last edited:
funny that im commenting on this but the North American cover is much better than the EU one, not sure why Ronaldo looks to be having a stroke in that one.

Great, so for PC we can add Bundesliga, Russian and Brazilian leagues + Konami's Portuguese league... Judging by that and new FL footage = Its going to be one hell of Master League season! Starting 30 sep baby! Wohooo!!!!

That's interesting. I must admit i make that whole claim based on my experience with Fifa and not PES so there may be inherent differences in PES which mean that my suggestion isn't as true. I've only ever played in wide cam so i don't really know but in Fifa when i pushed the camera in and turned the radar off i found myself playing a short passing game rather than playing long through balls (ground and air) because i couldn't see players more than 25 yards in front or behind me. I guess at the end of the day it boils down to how easy PES will make it to play long balls to the other flank or long/through balls to players you can see making a run 30-40 yards away that makes the difference.

I agree, if the passing (all sorts of) is too easy, then you can just go pass pass score because you see 'everything'.. Luckily in this game it's pretty balanced so i have no problems with it here except for maybe the awkward freeze every now and then on lofted through balls. I'm almost sure this will be addressed or maybe already is fixed in demo2(hopefully??)/retail .. nonetheless i'm still enjoying this f'n game.

Still highly anticipating like the rest. The hype this year is immense.. it wasn't like this at all last year

Great, so for PC we can add Bundesliga, Russian and Brazilian leagues + Konami's Portuguese league... Judging by that and new FL footage = Its going to be one hell of Master League season! Starting 30 sep baby! Wohooo!!!!

You're right Enzo, and i'm going to buy YOU!

You know one thing that really annoys me is that people always skip the goal replays on these video's. What ever happened to the joy of scoring a goal and celebrating!

I can understand in a 1 v 1 game if it's a really lucky or scrappy goal but it's not like FIFA where you can mock the other person with a cheeky celebration that takes the mickey. Watch one angle at least if it's half decent and then skip it.

Back
Top Bottom