PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Listen lads I have played 11v11 or 10v10 ever since FIFA made that mode 3 years ago and all I can say is that it craps all over 1v1 as it requires team work from all players. It is a fantastic mode that works best in a clan. Think of clubs mode as a call of duty clan match. Anyone who is a clan on cod or similar games knows how fun and great it is playing in a clan/team that are organised

Spot on.

I've been playing with more or less the same group of players since FIFA 09 (a lot of players have come in and out over the years of course) and if FIFA didn't have clubs, there would be little reason for me to purchase it every year. I've always found the offline to be mind-numbingly atrocious compared to PES and I've never much cared for 1v1.

I'm in a great, like minded squad, we were 33 in the world before we remade our club. Despite the annual glitches such as 127 rated pro's who are the size of trees, players able to freeze the match so forcing the other team to back out (which they finally fixed), terrible latency issues and cheap tactics, it's far too enjoyable to abandon. Which is a shame, since I'd rather "dedicate" my time to PES instead of switching between the two.

And Jimmy, always enjoy your compilations. Keep it up. :COOL:

Cheers Zee, my jaw hit the floor when that hit the back of the net... :CONFUSE:

It's got to be Luis for me Tom, the kid has the lot, great vision, dribbling, shooting and two cracking feet. I love him. :)

Had a beauty of a match "away" at Manchester United just. Playing as Spurs (using the 34 team shindig), I'm making my way round playing away at every other team in the patch.

Was 2-0 down to a Nani double in the first half hour. Came back to win 5-3. Every goal felt like Karen Gillan pulling my plonker. When I had scored the first goal of my comeback, it was just before half-time. They came out for the second half minus Berbatov, plus Anderson. Meatier midfield! But I managed to keep scoring, even with just one striker upfront. I had Kranjcar, Modric & Dos Santos in attacking midfield roles, pulling strings and doing what Spurs don't do enough of in real life - make chances for the forwards. United began making changes of a different mentality and off went Anderson (!) for Hernandez. Piling forward they took risks and I scored my fourth following a 4-on-2 counter attack. Four goals altogether from Pavlyuchenko and a Rooney own goal for the fifth, best match I've had so far on Top Player.

I'm currently booking tickets for the wife to go on a winter cruise, in October.

Last edited:
Had a beauty of a match "away" at Manchester United just. Playing as Spurs (using the 34 team shindig), I'm making my way round playing away at every other team in the patch.

Was 2-0 down to a Nani double in the first half hour. Came back to win 5-3. Every goal felt like Karen Gillan pulling my plonker. When I had scored the first goal of my comeback, it was just before half-time. They came out for the second half minus Berbatov, plus Anderson. Meatier midfield! But I managed to keep scoring, even with just one striker upfront. I had Kranjcar, Modric & Dos Santos in attacking midfield roles, pulling strings and doing what Spurs don't do enough of in real life - make chances for the forwards. United began making changes of a different mentality and off went Anderson (!) for Hernandez. Piling forward they took risks and I scored my fourth following a 4-on-2 counter attack. Four goals altogether from Pavlyuchenko and a Rooney own goal for the fifth, best match I've had so far on Top Player.

I'm currently booking tickets for the wife to go on a winter cruise, in October.

Spurs beating Man United and at OT nonetheless. That's it, my immersion is ruined. Good one Konami.

Also no switching clubs in Master League. No biggie for me, but hopefully next year eh?

That's what BAL is for. Otherwise it defeats the point of Master League where you are trying to build up one club from nobodies into superstars.

If you could change clubs, they might as well remove the default players and just call it a standard career mode.

Just watched a rebroadcast of Germany vs Austria, and was actually surprised to see how much it looked more like PES than Fifa at given moments.

And all of because of the slower animations and first touch errors. Oh and those sexy cam angles with them graphics.. A.I too.

That's what BAL is for. Otherwise it defeats the point of Master League where you are trying to build up one club from nobodies into superstars.

If you could change clubs, they might as well remove the default players and just call it a standard career mode.

Your missing the point.

It's about not getting bored after 2/3 seasons if u win everything and having to start over again. You could start a new challenge elsewhere and compete aggainst your old side and world class players you helped develop even maybe like in real life try and poach 1 or 2 to your new club.

We all know seabases philosophy and idea behind the masterleague from the start was just about collecting the best players in the game and making a super team. They made it slot better by introducing player growth which meant you didn't just have to buy players with the best stats. Bit come on at least give us the option to leave if you want to be loyal you don't have too :)

Your missing the point.

It's about not getting bored after 2/3 seasons if u win everything and having to start over again. You could start a new challenge elsewhere and compete aggainst your old side and world class players you helped develop even maybe like in real life try and poach 1 or 2 to your new club.

We all know seabases philosophy and idea behind the masterleague from the start was just about collecting the best players in the game and making a super team. They made it slot better by introducing player growth which meant you didn't just have to buy players with the best stats. Bit come on at least give us the option to leave if you want to be loyal you don't have too :)

I don't think it's a bad idea but I can see perhaps why they wouldn't do it. What if you are struggling after a season and get offered another job - you could jump ship without doing the few years worth of work that Master League requires.

What they could do perhaps is if you choose to start with a real team and not the default players, you could switch teams that way and play more of a career mode style than a traditional master league style.

Or how about this idea:
They could do something similar to BAL but as a coach. So you start off coaching the youth team and have to play against other youth teams in your league. When you're "ready" and get offered a senior coaching role (after a year - maybe less, maybe more) you can step up to the big league.

From this point onwards, you can swap clubs etc. Then you might try and poach players from the club you left, IF you left them or you can stay at one club with loyalty.

Damn, my old friend the scout is in Master League again, stupid system.

No, is not ! U don't have scout list , u have just Favorite List , and Target list . Favorite lis is managing by you, Target list is managing by your assistant and club boss. You can see ability of all players ,actually u can see all info about all players in the game!
Any way, the new players, names in ML are really really good !

Last edited:
I also tried the 34 team patch on the pc last night, and gave Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool, Man City and Spurs a go. I was grinning from ear to ear :)

A combination of the amazing team AI together with the individuality of the players and team play styles made the game so much fun to play.

But the dilemma is that the dribbling problem still remains. For example I was controlling Gareth Barry and while his good passing remained in terms of movement and dribble accuracy/speed it was as if he was the 18-year old who used to bomb up and down the wing from left back again! It did not reflect the Gareth Barry we now see in real life, slow, cumbersome and ponderous, in fact it was a bit silly.

It's such a shame because the game is masses of fun that this detracts from it somehow.

Last edited:
No, is not ! U don't have scout list , u have just Favorite List , and Target list . Favorite lis is managing by you, Target list is managing by your assistant and club boss. You can see ability of all players ,actually u can see all info about all players in the game!
Any way, the new players, names in ML are really really good !

Yes, but he decides what price you have to pay a club and a player, there is no user input for this, you want to sign a player, he negotiates and comes back to you when you can either accept the terms or deny them.

If you pick a better scout also he decides what players are interested in joining you under List of Targets, not team ranking.

Back
Top Bottom