PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

That said, I still think the computer makes too many 'super goals'. Last night against Porto they subbed in a midfielder (can't remember his name, but wasn't someone I'd seen before) and in the 88th minute he skinned my uber defensive, lead protecting midfield 3 using impossible close control, and then hammered the ball in from a full 30 yards, while falling over backwards. In the replay it looked like he was in double time, and the ball actually was in his leg.

Just hope they tone that down. There's something rather infuriating and joystick breaking about playing really well, doing everything right and then seeing an average player become invincible and hit it into the bottom corner. Tore the feeling of accomplishment right out of last night's playing.

If you've played PES in the past you eventually notice that the AI gains some kind of advantage (or super powers) in the final minutes of the game or the end of the first half. You know, to simulate playing against a human player. It gives the impression that the CPU is giving one final effort to beat you.

If you've played PES in the past you eventually notice that the AI gains some kind of advantage (or super powers) in the final minutes of the game or the end of the first half. You know, to simulate playing against a human player. It gives the impression that the CPU is giving one final effort to beat you.

I've noticed that. You can call it pressure but it's the most clear example of the attack having more of an advantage than the defence. Sure in any football match the losing team often pressures you at this time but with balls lumped into the box or drastic long shots, not the way it happens in PES with one of their players deciding he wants to dribble round your defence despite you having an abundance of players back defending. I can adapt and learn to defend against it most of the time but i still think that at the end of the day it is a very unrealistic addition to the way the CPU AI should attack. If you think about it the attacking players should be very tired by then if it is the end of the game and not willing to take multiple players on as they do. Ryan Giggs v Arsenal aside.

Last edited:
Oh, how I wish PES had an equivalent to FIFA's Pro Clubs. That way, I wouldn't have to purchase FIFA every year. Konami make it so.

I'd absolutely love to see Konami implement a Clubs mode, though, hopefully very different to EA's version which frankly has so much I hate.

still not sure about pes 2012 yet but i will be able to judge it after the release of the 2nd demo.
altough i thought pes 2011 looked good but after playing the game a while it proved to be all fur coat and no knickers,
i stopped playing it 4 months ago as the bugs annoyed me so much.
what i will say is after playing 2012 demo today a while then putting pes 2011 in ps3 well what a transformation it makes pes 2011 look like a pile of s**t the AI is loads better along with player switching and improved attacking from your team mates but i will wait and delay judgement because i feel there may be problems ahead.for me there has not been a good pes since the days of pes6. 5 and we10 and we7I i can play them now and still enjoy them the last pes 2011 just left me fustrated in that apart from the graphics they aint really moved that much forward.
so this will be the first pes i will not buy on launch day as i will wait to see peoples opinions are. i aint wasting 30 quid on something that is not much better than last years debacle !!!

11v11 is horrible as you will likely to get alot of people who don't wanna play DEF and just bomb forward all day long, a balanced like 5v5 is perfect imo

11v11 is horrible as you will likely to get alot of people who don't wanna play DEF and just bomb forward all day long, a balanced like 5v5 is perfect imo
Is horrible if u play with random people who do not know what they are doing :) If there are 11 vs 11, I will assemble the players that is enjoyable to play and win. This will open a whole new look at the game. This will be true Master League , to collect good, real players :D

Ahh, I should stop dreaming:) I see no way how Konami will make such a serious step, provided that 4 years,they failed to make a good 1 vs 1 online play, what about something more.

Last edited:
Fucking Youtube, I spent a bloody hour and a hour editing my Aguiar video, had all the goals perfectly in time with the music, then they banned my choice of tune. It was 'Unbelievable' by EMF. :(

On a plus note, after I uploaded the video, I had one more friendly, and Aguiar scored another 2 goals, the first was his best to date. So I added them both to the video, as well as a new tune. :)

Should be up later, nice little watch actually. ;)

Heard PES 2012's Online Legends mode had the number of players increased.
When have your heared this and what is the source?

If online legends can be played with more than 4 vs 4, like it is now, then it heads to a variation of clubs.

What clubs is: It is a FIFA-mode where you can play with 2 upto 11 players. Your are member of a club, together with many others and you play with the players who are online at that moment.
You play with your Pro ( read legend in PES 2012 ) and others do so too. One of the players play with any CPU-players.
For instance, if you are with 4 people from your club and then play 3 with their own player and the forth plays with the remaining 8 players.

Legends online is different, as the CPU takes care of all non Legend players.
If you can play community-mode in PES 2012 against other communities then it comes close to clubs :)

Listen lads I have played 11v11 or 10v10 ever since FIFA made that mode 3 years ago and all I can say is that it craps all over 1v1 as it requires team work from all players. It is a fantastic mode that works best in a clan. Think of clubs mode as a call of duty clan match. Anyone who is a clan on cod or similar games knows how fun and great it is playing in a clan/team that are organised

Fucking Youtube, I spent a bloody hour and a hour editing my Aguiar video, had all the goals perfectly in time with the music, then they banned my choice of tune. It was 'Unbelievable' by EMF. :(

On a plus note, after I uploaded the video, I had one more friendly, and Aguiar scored another 2 goals, the first was his best to date. So I added them both to the video, as well as a new tune. :)

Should be up later, nice little watch actually. ;)

How have you set Penarol up Jimmy?

Great vid Jimmy, I see you're taking full advantage of them dodgy keepers with those long rangers :D.

What I want to know is, D`alessandro or Aguiar, who do you love more?

Back
Top Bottom