PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

One thing about the CPU I'm not happy with, now that I think about it, is how effective lofted through balls are. As yet I'm not sure if this is an AI exploit of sorts, like the ground through pass in 2011, or just me not defending properly. Probably the latter.

Yep, that's anoying. But i recomend you to play we demo if have ps3, it is definetly better to defende against.

AI on top player does everything 9/10.

Is professional too easy? I only play fixed player, and when playing on Professional it's much more realistic imo. Not as many dribbling whores and more mistakes. But if it's too easy when controlling all players I guess it's not that fun to play.

doesn't fifa have this type of intelligence too?....

Ummm let me see. Do you mean how the CPU goes 1 v 1 with your keeper and then walks along without trying to shoot until the keeper has grabbed the ball from his feet?

If you don't know what I mean, I'll record some clips. Won't take many hours of gameplay to come up with some examples ;)

Is it jus me or does the AI in top player score free kicks 9/10?

Yes your right and it is rather infuriating but hopefully will be sorted for the release.
Strangely,its not as frequent on the WE2012 demo,or at least thats my impression.
I have to agree that the WE demo is more fluid and therefore more immersive to play.I just need to decide on which difficulty level I will play the final game.Professional seems the popular choice but part of me feels like I'm cheating if I drop down from top player.
I suppose I could use a mixture of Pros and top player to simulate home and away matches in FL/ML.Anyone any thoughts on this?

Ummm let me see. Do you mean how the CPU goes 1 v 1 with your keeper and then walks along without trying to shoot until the keeper has grabbed the ball from his feet?

If you don't know what I mean, I'll record some clips. Won't take many hours of gameplay to come up with some examples ;)

Hahaha i was just joking, glad it didn't take you long to figure it out..
Please don't post those vids mate, i couldn't care less :P

Rather see Pes videos

Yeah that's what bugs me so much in Fifa.. the A.I.

I really hope next year Konami focuses more on tech/licenses/presentation (can't judge online function/connection yet) because that's what will really get them over. Because we've all seen what 2 years of AI coding has done for them, they've pretty much nailed it. Fifa seems to be a bit stagnant with this years edition (can't fully judge yet) so Pes will for sure score high points with a lot of folks
I'm sure goalies will be a lot better and not be a gamebreaker in the retail edition

If they get more licenses and better graphics etc, people can't JUST blindly pick fifa and use the same old argument.. i'm still waiting for that day

I hope they've sorted the player select, as it's been very poor in 2011.

Many a time i find a deflection, or goal mouth scramble, resulting in a ball crossing an attacking player's path, yet he doesn't react. In past versions, i'd get the player on it, but this aspect of the game has been lacking for me in 2011.

Many a time i find a deflection, or goal mouth scramble, resulting in a ball crossing an attacking player's path, yet he doesn't react. In past versions, i'd get the player on it, but this aspect of the game has been lacking for me in 2011.
I was always banging my head on the desk at this too. After a lot of play of the 2012 demo, I can safely assume you'll be satisfied with the selecting in the new game. Semi-assisted, right-stick to choose which player you want to use - it's not failed for me as yet.

Literally can't wait for this 2nd demo, I've been playing the WE 2012 Demo loads on the ps3 :) feels so good to play!

My only gripe is that PES on PS3 isnt 1080p, its 720p :( plus the slowdown on cutscenes...

Last edited:
AI on top player does everything 9/10.

Is professional too easy? I only play fixed player, and when playing on Professional it's much more realistic imo. Not as many dribbling whores and more mistakes. But if it's too easy when controlling all players I guess it's not that fun to play.

I play on professional and find it a good challenge and more realistic.

Or maybe I'm just shit.

One of my pet gripes with pes2011,but like others have said not a issue in pes2012.

You have ultra responsive control of the players now,so defensively control is un-paralled.So much easier now to clear your lines,control the ball in the box and pass around the back four.You can even suck opposition forwards in and turn them.Defenders charge down and block shots and ive even noticed players tugging at shirts,blocking runs and throwing players off balance,off the ball.

Last edited:
Assuming, we cant count on demo this week right? Another isnt sure for me too. At mindnight we'll get an info about ML - regarding proevo.de. Tomorow drops Embargo so there will be some news.

I disagree with the switching being fine. It may cycle through players OK when you press L1, but when it switches to players after a pass I find it often gets the wrong one if its not a straight into feet pass. It is worse in the WE demo but its still an issue in the euro one and its something that doesnt seem to have been addressed from 2011 which also suffered.

Are we talking switching or passes going to the incorrect recipient?

Are the keepers on the unlocked teams patch on PC modded? I can't score to save my life compared to the PS3 demo and bloody hell it looks magnificent compared to the console 1080p ftw! I prefer konamis faces though tbh.

No not the pass going to the wrong guy, although that is also a problem. I mean you can be in midfield, around the halfway circle and play a little 5 - 10 yard pass down into someones path and it will select the winger who is 20 - 30 yards away! The player who the pass is meant for will jump over the damn ball, your winger will come running up the pitch but its all too late because the opposition now have possession. Happens alot to me and I have stopped trying to play certain passes because I am pretty sure it will select the wrong player.

There are 2 things I'd like to see removed.

1: pass and move

Very artificial "Ai" mechanical scripted move

2: through ball

I don't see the point in having a through ball button, I'd be much happier with totally free from assisting passing, - this would negate the need for through ball function as I could just aim my passes where I want them to go instead of the Ai joining in and spoiling it

Last edited:
There are 2 things I'd like to see removed.

1: pass and move

Very artificial "Ai" mechanical scripted move

2: through ball

I don't see the point in having a through ball button, I'd be much happier with totally free from assisting passing, - this would negate the need for through ball function as I could just aim my paddedwhetr I want them to go instead of the Ai joining in and spoiling it

Depends how you use it really. If you play a pass and move constantly, it will seem artificial but that's down to the user to decide as and when to do it. I personally love it, you can pass and set a player off up the pitch, then do a little passing move elsewhere, all the while knowing that player you initially set off on a run will be still breaking up the pitch a little while later. If used creatively it can also be used as a nice little dummy, the AI tries to track the runner but you can ignore him and use him like a diversion to play another, different pass.

As for the through ball button, horses for courses I suppose, but you always have the option to play a manual pass instead. I use through pass in many other situations, not just to play players in behind the defence too.

On a different note, this game is so hard on Top Player, what's it gonna be like in the final version when you can unlock the next Superstar level?! (if that's what it's called?).

Last edited:
JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
On a brighter note we'll announce the next demo shortly and release is just around the corner. Hope you still give it a try

LOLOLOLOL

just read a comment to Jon Murphy on Twitter:-

calamaro_ Calamaro
@JonMurphy_PES Teammates behind the exultant have the "2 handed handjob" animation bit.ly/o8aYzE Do you think some fix will be made?

2 handed handjob animation? lol!

Back
Top Bottom