PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

@ern I agree it grates my nuts when it happens. The passing is also not exactly touch sensitive a light press in some occasions zips across the turf and in some cases a heavy press struggles to get there.

It may just be demo 1 bugs but worth highlighting I reckon.

LOLOLOLOL

just read a comment to Jon Murphy on Twitter:-

calamaro_ Calamaro
@JonMurphy_PES Teammates behind the exultant have the "2 handed handjob" animation bit.ly/o8aYzE Do you think some fix will be made?

2 handed handjob animation? lol!

Yup I've seen that one. It's where they all line up and they are clenching their fists and pumping. Really looks like handjobs lol!

A.S.Roma vs Manchester United

Just had a very good game as Roma against the CPU on Professional and here are some highlights.

First off is a dribble I did with Pizarro, got too excited for the finish. Rooney's curler was a beauty. Pity that both the goals I conceded came from mistakes I made. One thing to note is, you definitely can make mistakes with passing. I was playing on 2 bars. Gave the AI a taste of their own medicine with my goal, after Berbatov had cracked one in off the crossbar.

Are we talking switching or passes going to the incorrect recipient?

Are the keepers on the unlocked teams patch on PC modded? I can't score to save my life compared to the PS3 demo and bloody hell it looks magnificent compared to the console 1080p ftw! I prefer konamis faces though tbh.

No, there are just better keepers heh. Cech is fantastic in this game, Chelsea is a rather easy team to play against this year, but Cech puts the rest to shame, I've seen him do triple saves, while others can't do one lol

Klash seems not to be posting much at the moment - but one of his favourite topics is starting to really intrigue me. Longer matches (ie, 15min) are much, much better on PES 2011 (and earlier games).... I'm hoping that the AI plays the ball around more on that length. Should be able to find out if someone had created an expander to do that.

Good to know more people appreciate the 15 min games. That's how I played PES/WE all my life. Sometimes 20 even. Never could play 10.

Now that you can highlight a player on set-pieces it just opens up so many new possibilities to create a scoring chance.Free kicks can be driven out wide and corners played to a midfielder driving forward to the box.
So much freedom.
Incidentally,has anyone tried controllig the keeper from a corner.Get it wrong and he's left stranded.I've tried it a couple of times hoping he would punch clear or catch but its very hard to judge.

No offence but long goals like the one posted above are ruined by the goalkeepers terrible attempted dive animation. It is literally the same back jumping animation each time from exactly the same area. If you hit them right, you know they're looping over the keeper because he'll attempt to save that way. It detracts from any rewarding feel for me. I scored one yesterday in fact with Club America and was going to demonstrate why goals like that leave me unmoved now but the file was 780mb and i didn't feel like waiting forever for it to upload. I hope it's stamped out with goalkeeper improvements or at least left for rare instances to score goals like that in the actual release.

Just tested PES 2011 PS3 version from local gaming shop, now i really understand where the complain about PS3 version graphics comes.

One thing about PES 2012 demo i am still playing is the cpu ai, most all the time, i do not feel the cpu ai force them self to move forward if he does not seem to be able to dribble past me as in 1 vs 4 defender and when in their own box, they do not try to always clear the ball, they try to see the situation much more often. Pretty artificial intelligence ahead of 2011.

Player model collision detection, i believe everyone will agree on it becomes the best in PES series. Collision between both tesm mate or with cpu player model.

Tackling animation, i really like the way a player tackle by try to throw him self and make a side tackle if he is not that close to the dribble, it shows passion lol.

@Northzzz
Regarding the animation, for almost similiar movement. IMO, PES 6 has better one. He rolls after landing. On another note of the goal itself, is pretty clear that the keeper does not expect the ball to be shot from that position, he is already move a bit forward. Sure, agree that it should be happen in very rare occassion.

Last edited:
in the pc demo

players when makin quick sharp turns in odd direction doesnt look right (playing on long cam)

I even spotted some sliding/gliding here and there

wtf4la.jpg

wtf5q.jpg

wtf1vm.jpg

wtf2gl.jpg

I was coming here to give you all a heads up about a supposed demo from PES on the PSN store today, but it seems you already spotted it as well.

However, I wouldn't think it is true, must be some sort of mistake. After all, Jon Murphy posted earlier today on Twitter that the second demo details were coming really soon... But releasing the demo _before_ the actual details - that would be a bold move :)

I hope everybody's enjoying the demo - I'm liking it a lot so far.

Somebody let us know if, indeed, a new demo shows up, and if so what are the differences.

Cheers!

Paulo Tavares

:WOOT:

Was that an R2 shot ? Seems like a very random looking strike that. :CONFUSE:

No it was a 'regular' shot but i felt the ball had some momentum and was slightly bouncing but you can hardly see it in the video. I just felt the moment was there. Power bar was about half so it was hit perfectly.

With the embargo lifted, we've just gotten some great news from Jon on MLO this year:
http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES

Jon's post:
@Polter2k No more pay to play in MLO

Original question: @JonMurphy_PES: You will still have to pay to play games or championships a fee according to the level of your team?
So we can finally use the money we earn on players etc rather than on competitions/games. Love it. Hopefully we get more info on MLO's other changes as well throughout the week.

Finally coming around to the game. I think the biggest mindset change has to be to appreciate the CPU sometimes. When they score off a great free kick, or put together a wonderful move - rather than be annoyed as you frantically cycle through the wrong defender, just be impressed with the AI.

That said, I still think the computer makes too many 'super goals'. Last night against Porto they subbed in a midfielder (can't remember his name, but wasn't someone I'd seen before) and in the 88th minute he skinned my uber defensive, lead protecting midfield 3 using impossible close control, and then hammered the ball in from a full 30 yards, while falling over backwards. In the replay it looked like he was in double time, and the ball actually was in his leg.

Just hope they tone that down. There's something rather infuriating and joystick breaking about playing really well, doing everything right and then seeing an average player become invincible and hit it into the bottom corner. Tore the feeling of accomplishment right out of last night's playing.

Back
Top Bottom