PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I agree with most of what you said but tackling is unrealistically better in 2011. The tackles mostly resulted in winning the ball from the hopeless attacker. 2012 foundation is great but the execution is not perfect so let's hope it gets better.

For me, the defending is genius, but slightly out of balance. It's the best defending system I've ever seen in a game by a mile, but it's just a smidgeon too hard. A small tweak and it's there.

This is what Adam wrote about defending in the review code he just got.

"Defending makes more sense (than demo). I found it ace in preview, and it's a learning curve, but it seems it makes more sense now. Sure, you'll still get destroyed by players, but defenders have a better reach, and when you're infront of the player when it makes more sense you win the ball - you will."

*Cough*
Yea umm I'm here. Thanks for your worries and congrats fellas.

Sorry about all this mess. Bad joke eh. Tbh I didn't expect it all. Sorry again.

strange_kitten.jpg

On topic,

Well I haven't been playing 2012 for the last 3 days, busy with my newborn. I want to get back into it soon or I might loose my touch :II

I hope that's not a picture of your newborn.......hate to think what you f$%ked to get that! ;)

Congrats though.

So you say the defense in PES 2011 was better than in PES 2012, right? Let me point on one detail that destroyed the defense-system in PES 2011: Cursor-switching!! That was so bad... it allowed your opponent to go right past your defense. That problem is solved now, which is a great improvement.

So all in all, because the better cursor-switching PES 2012 wins it :)

Cursor-switching can be a b**** in PES 2011 demo, but I have developed a way to deal with it. Mostly I anticipate when the opponent tries to go through my defense and prepare the positioning of my defenders before the attacker gets his lethal pass. It works. But you are right, having this solved will be a big plus for PES 2012.

Maybe you are joking? I almost believe you do. One advice: Set a match at assistent mode and let the cpu play cpu and watch the whole match at the radar. You will rethink :BYE:

Like I said there is more activity, but it's not like it was advertised to be very intelligent or contextual, but I blame the early code of the demo... am sure once the second demo arrives it will be way progressed.

I agree with most of what you said but tackling is unrealistically better in 2011. The tackles mostly resulted in winning the ball from the hopeless attacker. 2012 foundation is great but the execution is not perfect so let's hope it gets better.

Not at all in the PES 2011 demo. Like I said it's just perfect in the demo of PES 2011, there is a great balance between attacker and defender, and getting the ball requires skill and timing, in retail version of PES 2011 it got dumbed down considerably though.

:LOL:

You're making me want to post a pic of my newborn but I don't want to take this thread off topic even more!

PES-wise, goalgerd, if you get to read this, I noticed you mentioned something about kits being much easier to create on consoles this time. Are you sure about this?

You're making me want to post a pic of my newborn but I don't want to take this thread off topic even more!

PES-wise, goalgerd, if you get to read this, I noticed you mentioned something about kits being much easier to create on consoles this time. Are you sure about this?

yes the templates have all been updated for this seasons kits i posted all the new templates back a few pages back,the kit making process will be identical the kits will just look better

Last edited:
yes the templates have all been updated for this seasons kits i posted all the new templates back a few pages back
Man you're quick. So you won't be having a hard time this time around eh. Any chance you'll be creating a full championship OF though?

Good luck with the baby.

Man you're quick. So you won't be having a hard time this time around eh. Any chance you'll be creating a full championship OF though?

it will be possible to add all 24 championship teams,but they will be in 2 seperate leagues as the 2nd division has still only 18 teams in it, i plan on adding them all,a few german teams, the 3 missing champions league teams and a few europa league teams. im hoping it will be a lot quicker this time around as all the my created teams from pes 2011 should be able to load up straight to pes 2012

congrats with the new arrival:))

Thanks fellas :)

Yea goalgerd, that should ease things up. I will be waiting for yours then. Last year I used yours but then switched to another from PESGaming, only because you didn't have all 18 championship teams though. Is Chimps-with-Quiffs planning on anything this time?

Thanks fellas :)

Yea goalgerd, that should ease things up. I will be waiting for yours then. Last year I used yours but then switched to another from PESGaming, only because you didn't have all 18 championship teams though. Is Chimps-with-Quiffs planning on anything this time?

i dont know yet but im sure he will have a look at the gameplay setup to see if it can be improved,would love to get klashman involved too,the formations andtactics he did for pes 2011 were amazing and made the game play alot better

Last edited:
Yea true that. I've tried a few of his setups and they worked a treat. Wouldn't mind an OF by all of you at all!

After the great reception PES 2012 got, people now start putting the game under the microscope :TTTH:

WoW m8, why ?! It is soccer game, the ball control is HUGE part of football, you dont need the mocroscope to see now bad it's look :)

this bug is in the game since 2009 and is still here :x

P.S.
Man U 6 : 1 Arsenal :x

FT. Man U 8 : 2 Ars what a game !

Last edited:
Finally got a penalty from a standing tackle, I was starting to think they weren't in. Maybe the player have to fall to the ground from the tackle for it to be called? Anyone got penalty from a standing tackle when just stumbling?

Edit:

CPU with a nice finish. Seriously, how amazing is the CPU in this game?! Love it.
YouTube - Nice CPU goal

Finally got a penalty from a standing tackle, I was starting to think they weren't in. Maybe the player have to fall to the ground from the tackle for it to be called? Anyone got penalty from a standing tackle when just stumbling?

I've had three. I had one earlier in fact. Never have i received one for a slide tackle in the box. I never see the computer slide tackle in the box. I'm glad about that because it's a damned stupid idea to tackle in the box unless it's a last ditch challenge.

I had one against my friend who normally plays Fifa. It was a soft pen but a penalty nonetheless, much like Evans on Walcott today. It was a pretty funny moment because i don't think he's accustomed to things like that happening. He saved it though because i tried to take a penalty like in 2011 and it went straight down the middle.

Though on the subject of fouls i do wish there weren't so many cheap fouls given away on the edge of the box. I like how the fouls work in PES 2012 for the most part but it's something i have an issue with Fifa doing too in that all fouls are seen as equal. In real life you get less freekicks given in and around the box from soft fouls, well compared to in the middle of the park.

Edit:

CPU with a nice finish. Seriously, how amazing is the CPU in this game?! Love it.
YouTube - Nice CPU goal

the CPU is deadly in this game but that pass to Seedorf was so unrealistic and the CPU does these blind passes all the time. If anything, instead of a blind pass it should have been a heel back pass like the old PES.

i know such clipping situations are common while the game in beta stage but i hope konami be aware of the high rate of such issues in pes 2012 demo
pes20122.jpg

Edit:

YouTube - Nice CPU goal

Im with you here 100% here Gab, I've never experienced CPU AI like this before,nothing even close. The invention and creatativity is jaw dropping at times, and light years ahead of anything that has gone before. I've been in complete admiration of what the CPU has produced to date, it's beyond brilliance from a technical varied perspective. It's great to watch, its genius in its our right.

Im with you here 100% here Gab, I've never experienced CPU AI like this before,nothing even close. The invention and creatativity is jaw dropping at times, and light years ahead of anything that has gone before. I've been in complete admiration of what the CPU has produced to date, it's beyond brilliance from a technical varied perspective. It's great to watch, its genius in its our right.

Yeah tell me about it. You never know what the CPU will do next, it's like playing against a human with a great football brain. I posted this CPU goal in the goal thread before, I think it's an awesome goal. The touch from Berba, so realistic and intelligent.
YouTube - Sexy CPU goal

Back
Top Bottom