PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Can't they make it easier to trigger the runner? Clicking R3 would definitely broken my controller soon. Right now, the fullback did a terrific job running down the flank, but at the center, they still standing near to you when you're dribbling. Feels like shouting to him "Fucking make your run already!"

I'm starting to believe that the reason for the two demo's was to try and sway the Fifa crowd early doors. With the animations and fluidity alot better, I truly believe this was Konami's primary driver in this regard. It has certainly worked with some members on Evo-Web already.

As a PES only player, the second demo now has me really intrigued. I can see where the current demo needs improving, and any blatant flaws I would expect to be down to an unfinished stage of relevant code.

Hi Jimmy,

I agree with your post 100%, to be honest I am a bit surprised that there is so much discussion going on for such a half arsed demo. It's blatantly obvious that the keepers are not coded properly, the graphics are far from finished ( a good indication is if you look at a close up of the nets, they are almost transparent, no sign of any texture) and there are shooting issues, it's clear to me that they have released it early to at least show it's a smoother more animated game. Demo 2 will be preview code.

For all it's flaws I really like it and cannot wait to see the variable improvements.

Dave

I'm sure the over-assistance in the current build is also designed to sway the 'other' crowd, with the majority using Full Assist in Fifa by default, this seems similiar at times.

I'm sure the over-assistance in the current build is also designed to sway the 'other' crowd, with the majority using Full Assist in Fifa by default, this seems similiar at times.

That would be a big misstep if true. Those likely to be swayed were significantly more likely to be semi/manual users than assisted.

1. Has anyone else tried the penalty system? I had two pads connected tonight, using the second one to hack down players in the box, so I could try a few pens - I haven't been given one in a game yet.

And wouldn't you just know it. Yet again something's been dumbed down (rather than properly explained by Konami) because people who didn't understand it claimed it was "broken". Sure the PES2011 penalty system wasn't so great in its execution, but it was a good skill-based system which made sense, and it needed refining not ditching.

Well it's been ditched, and unless I'm mistaken, the new system really is broken. It just seems to have gone back to PS2 days - aim and shoot, nothing else - but much much dumber, because get this: I'm not sure it's actually possible to miss. I mean literally. I took 5 penalties with Hulk, and I was deliberately trying to shoot high and wide with the last three. No luck! I mean, you max out the power gauge, push the stick as far as it'll go and hold it there... sure recipe for a Waddle-in-Italia-90-style disaster, right? Um, no. It gives you a very powerful and (presumably unsaveable) shot into the very top corner.

Seriously, that bad. I hope I'm wrong (I couldn't be arsed to do more than 5 because it's actually not that easy to walk the ball into the box with one pad and then foul that player with the other). But if it really is this bad, and you can hit an unstoppable penalty every time by doing what is technically the easiest (and logically the worst) thing you could possibly do in a penalty situation, that does raise the prospect of some interesting penalty shoot-outs online. The game goes to penalties at 10pm; both players are still there at 4am, wondering which one will be first to crack and just switch off the PS3 and go to bed.

The penalty thing isnt a bug and neither it will be "fixed" i think, afterall:
ouv43l.jpg
PES2012DEMO said:
Shot will remain on target even when pressed fully
and I agree with you, turning and dribbling movements are fast and too responsive IMO

Arrgh.

Day three on the demo and all of a sudden the old frailties are returning. Ive just had to turn it off and chill because i started to lose my temper with it.

1. The ball physics are definately not right. I cant put my finger on it but i guess the ball is just too slow and has no zip. Also the ball - i cant get away from the fact it acts like its scripted, it just doesnt feel loose at all.

2. The cursor switcher is still bust. the amount of times i go to make a tackle or move a man and it switches to another man. infuriating. Was about to make a tackle on the attacker and it switched because he released the ball and they scored.

3. The computer is still making passes for you, clearing it for you and shooting for you automatically.

Gutted.

Can't they make it easier to trigger the runner? Clicking R3 would definitely broken my controller soon. Right now, the fullback did a terrific job running down the flank, but at the center, they still standing near to you when you're dribbling. Feels like shouting to him "Fucking make your run already!"

Is that how you make them make runs? R3?

Ive been waiting ages for this stupid a.i genius to kick in.

I missed a pen earlier with a Penarol player, I aimed top right with little power and he smashed it straight and over the bar :CONFUSE:

Played a game with Santos , Neymar is ridiculous, he was on a blue arrow aswel. I now see what Pere was saying about cartoon character movement, if Neymar is thi way I dont even want to play with Man U, Milan, Napoli or Porto. This has ruined it a bit for me, I really hope they tone things down for the final game, although I guess there will be plenty of teams like Penarol to play with.

Is that how you make them make runs? R3?

Ive been waiting ages for this stupid a.i genius to kick in.

They make runs by themselves, I cant believe people cant see them. Scored a nice goal earlier with Neymar after I spotted his diagonal run into the box from the wing.

They make runs by themselves, I cant believe people cant see them. Scored a nice goal earlier with Neymar after I spotted his diagonal run into the box from the wing.

Playing as Santos mate and that Eduardo just stands about. neymar is not much better. Im bursting forward through midfield and my men stand about.

I've personally stopped playing the demo now.

Not because I don't enjoy it, but because this isn't the game we'll be getting in October.

I'm waiting for the next demo, which will be far more representative of the final product and will give us a far better indication of PES12. That's not to say that the current demo hasn't impressed me; I've been extremely pleased with a lot of it, but it'll now be interesting to see the differences between the two.

Roll on next month! It's nice to be able to anticipate a PES release without serious concerns.

2. The cursor switcher is still bust. the amount of times i go to make a tackle or move a man and it switches to another man. infuriating. Was about to make a tackle on the attacker and it switched because he released the ball and they scored.

Try switching it to semi-assisted

blind passes are way too accurate for both player and AI .. even if you turn off the pass assistance in the personal data. AI also tends to do a ton of blind passes too.

What has happened to 1-2s. In PES 2011 the player making the run would run past the defenders now they just jog up to the defenders and stop.

Arrgh.

Day three on the demo and all of a sudden the old frailties are returning. Ive just had to turn it off and chill because i started to lose my temper with it.

1. The ball physics are definately not right. I cant put my finger on it but i guess the ball is just too slow and has no zip. Also the ball - i cant get away from the fact it acts like its scripted, it just doesnt feel loose at all.

3. The computer is still making passes for you, clearing it for you and shooting for you automatically.

Gutted.

Couldnt agree more with all your points.
My God, we wont be allowed to have our proper PES game.

Does anyone else get the impression that a load of issues stem from the 'lock' or 'attraction' of your player to the ball isn't as accurate/ locked in as for the CPU players?

It's almost like when not in possession your players don't quite know where the ball is, whereas the CPU instantly locks straight onto it.

Anyway, still persevering with the demo. Just have to stop getting annoyed at the CPU midfield scything through 3 players and scoring from the edge of the area once a match.

YouTube - PES2012 Demo goals #1

Hi guys! I have been on a holiday! But i am back and i have been playing a few hours of pes2012 demo!
These were the finest moments yet! be sure to expect more. Loving it so far.
And yes i added that Old trafford stadium, i think the pitch looks great on that.

1080p Full HD for xbox360 users viewing pleasures :lol: ! ENJOY!

demo,the player's intertia & momentum is still there but in a more subtle way(lighter analog stick movement)
i think the reason that the players are smaller on long camera in demo compared to pes11 might be do to the game engine & hardware not being powerful enough for konami to present all animations and ball physics efficiently
i use long but also like the new pitch side camera,tho i would b nice if there was a zoom option on it

i popped in my pes11 to have a go online
manu v wolves
i was down 3-1 n 69'min
but i comeback to make it 3-3 when kevin doyle scored his hatrick goal n 89'min

Does anyone else get the impression that a load of issues stem from the 'lock' or 'attraction' of your player to the ball isn't as accurate/ locked in as for the CPU players?

It's almost like when not in possession your players don't quite know where the ball is, whereas the CPU instantly locks straight onto it.

Anyway, still persevering with the demo. Just have to stop getting annoyed at the CPU midfield scything through 3 players and scoring from the edge of the area once a match.
That's exactly what I wanted to say.

Edit: I think top player difficulty will be toned down in final version.

Has there been any verification of different versions between US and EU? I'm torn, because we get the game much earlier here in the US, but the EU version will have the better option files.

Back
Top Bottom