PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

well lucky enough i managed to create it and got XBL jp and to my horror, demo isn't even on market place, only way to describe my feelings atm:
facepalm.gif

well lucky enough i managed to create it and got XBL jp and to my horror, demo isn't even on market place, only way to describe my feelings atm:
facepalm.gif

Damn, that sucks. But its on Sony's Japanese store. Weird. Maybe Japanese PSN updates before Live?

Don't quote me on this exactly but i'm sure (hopeful) that 6am, the pes demo's will be on marketplace

Downloading now:BOP: I hope i can stay awake :YAWN:

I wonder if the WE demo willbe different from the euro one again this year.

Damn un skipable videos :RANT:

So if you have unassited passing you get that stupid passing bar forced on you, not good.

First impressions, I am very underwhelmed, feels like a patched 2011. I am sure it will grow on me, not really worthy of a sick day though or worth waking up early for.

Played 3 game and not seen one save by the keepers!

Love the way Neymar(i think) comes looking for the ball.

Player selection still needs work when passing into space.

Last edited:
Managed to cram in a few more matches lastnight. I am shocked people feel the dribbling is easy.
It may be with certain players with the teams on the demo but this is the cream of the crop we are controlling.
Also exhibition mode is notoriously forgiving and I am really excited how the AI will respond in cups or leagues once the full game is released.

yup but you only get three per consoles and i'm sure i have used them up plus it won't allow me to create a jap email/passport required to try make a new one, i'll keep cracking away

I think I saw Xbox live special last night saying $1 for 1 month of Gold. Might have been renewals though.

And you can turn off the power bar from the settings can't you? Pretty sure you can turn most of the visual indicators off. I find it distracting seeing long winded text (names) flying across the screen so I turn the names off :P

All i can say is Jimmy G will be in heaven with this, finally feels like you have control of your players and i love the way a pass now curls lightly.

Nice animation, Vidic and player collided and Vidic was trying to hurdle him has he was on the floor, not just run straight through his body as in the past.

We could do with a few different tackle animations, it still has that same slide tackle that was crap, but so far so good.

Just got your PM mate, but looks like you've managed ;)

Hows the game speed? I had to lower it to -1. Thought it might be my SD though?

Hey Han, how you doing all good i hope.

Just been looking again. in the set pieces menu you can select "players to join attack" hope this helps.

Edit - infact forget it i wasnt thinking straight of course its for set pieces. Doh!
I am fine, thank you, and you? :)
Player runs are not in PES 2012, it seems.
It looks like the only way to make player-runs is selecting players with certain star-attributes and make good use from player roles and player stars.
Players who have special stars ( last year called 'cards') have a star at their general rating. Then when you select a player and press triangle you see the screen which stars he has.

In Rooney's case he can be used as dummy runner, making space for other attackers. When in this player-attribute-screen, you can press select for help and under 'what is the player index' you see all stars players can have.

This is the only way I can find to make player runs. That is a pitty, because suppose you make good use of Roony as a dummy runner and he is injured, you might not have another attacker who is a dummy-runner....

Last edited:
Just got your PM mate, but looks like you've managed ;)

Hows the game speed? I had to lower it to -1. Thought it might be my SD though?
Seems alright on 0, just saw a cool animation of a guy running behind the goals on the running track when i was taking a goal kick.:SMUG:

Player runs are not in PES 2012, it seems.
It looks like the only way to make player-runs is selecting players with certain star-attributes and make good use from player roles and player stars.
Players who have special stars ( last year called 'cards') have a star at their general rating. Then when you select a player and press triangle you see the screen which stars he has.

In Rooney's case he can be used as dummy runner, making space for other attackers. When in this player-attribute-screen, you can press select for help and under 'what is the player index' you see all stars players can have.

This is the only way I can find to make player runs. That is a pitty, because suppose you make good use of Roony as a dummy runner and he is injured, you might not have another attacker who is a dummy-runner....

That's strange, wasn't PES 2012 supposed to offer intelligent runs including dummy runs?

It seems it will do a lot of it by itself. You have lesser influence on it...

Ah, ok, I thought you meant that intelligent runs including dummy runs where only possible with certain star-players.

Misunderstanding. Can't wait to play the demo myself to finally find all the answers myself.

Back
Top Bottom