PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Some of the players in the demo seem to have player cards activated for supporting the defence eg.Rooney..I dont have a issue with it per se, but its the distance they cover that also might need to be toned down. Just an observation.

Will play some more and maybe pop back in a while.

I posted this on Eurogamer forum earlier:

"After playing quite a few games, I'm starting to feel that the controls are maybe just a bit too lose and floaty? It often feels like the ball and the players are all fighting for the ball while running around on ice. Passing is either worse or very different from PES2011.

It's also as if the players don't have proper momentum and heaviness to them. Something that's always been a problem with FIFA is that the game just feels so disconnected from you, you don't really feel in control of the players, as if you're only just guiding them.

Both of these issues makes the game feel somewhat clumsy. And it's not nearly as responsive as people make it out to be, and there are annoyng glitches like the players not receiving the ball but having it pass straight between their legs, or not really bothered to stretch out a foot to stop the ball from crossing the line (even though the last player on the ball was one of yours).

This could all be because I need practice though, but it does feel like early code and that they haven't really tweaked the physics/controls yet."

So yea, I know what you mean.

(off) Did anyone notice that klasman(kobayash) has not been posting on these boards for many days ?

He's off from psn for almost 15 days... i wonder what happened to him. Anyone knows ?

Hopefully the game feeling like FIFA is something to do with the adjustment period rather than it actually feeling like FIFA :PRAY:.

(off) Did anyone notice that klasman(kobayash) has not been posting on these boards for many days ?

He's off from psn for almost 15 days... i wonder what happened to him. Anyone knows ?

Holiday?

Hopefully the game feeling like FIFA is something to do with the adjustment period rather than it actually feeling like FIFA :PRAY:.

Holiday?

Hope so.:))

About this comparson pes and fifa, i'm pretty sure pes 2012 still feels like pes. But i'm interested to read some posts in regards to this.

From what i saw in videos, for me in terms of moviments pes 2012 feels like what i expected from fifa 09 to be(and EA failed), but with PES philosophy, and that makes huge difference.

But i'll play to make first better conclusions

I am loving how it plays, but, there is some individuality problems in my eyes. It's far too easy to dribble with below average players, not just dribble but take people on. No particular passers stand out, might be to do with my Pass Assistance settings though.

Probably renamed, surely not completely removed.

I had a quick scan through and saw nothing that could feasibly be considered Agility. Worrying since Agility and Dribble Acc. very much need to be separate identities, I hope they haven't merged. And I saw no evidence of any passing card as of yet.

I am loving how it plays, but, there is some individuality problems in my eyes. It's far too easy to dribble with below average players, not just dribble but take people on. No particular passers stand out, might be to do with my Pass Assistance settings though.

I had a quick scan through and saw nothing that could feasibly be considered Agility. Worrying since Agility and Dribble Acc. very much need to be separate identities, I hope they haven't merged. And I saw no evidence of any passing card as of yet.

That is very strange indeed, i agree that those particular stats are vital for this game.

explosive power is now considered as Agility just compare it to last years KONAMI PES 2011 stats and you'll see a lot of same stats.

I really hope konami tone down the side volleys. They do them way to much. I dont want to see my player do a silly side volley i want to see him outside the foot volley the shot or finnesse it like the pes 6 days.

No Shot Technique either which is criminal. That's the R2 shot, lob, dink card. At least we still have the Talisman Card. :CONFUSE:

Right after a few more games I have this nagging feeling, controversial but....

Does anyone else feel there's been a loss in inertia and momentum as a compromise for increased responsiveness? Maybe I'm just not fully adjusted to the game, but it's not quite as 'connected' as in PES 2011. I don't feel as in control when I'm on the ball, sudden stops and starts don't seem to have the same impact as before, it's almost if it's suffering from the gliding effect that FIFA does, just not to the same extent... :II

I really can't see some sort of possible compromise to this right?

Let's keep in mind, every player in the game now, handles like Messi did in PES 11, and if people weren't playing as Messi, they we're going off on forums complaining about how 360 dribbling is non existent.

Oh, and OMG, the CPU will actually knock the ball realistically forward for a cross into the box if given too much space.

Last edited:
roofio. I heard the Japan demo will be out @ 5am on XBl.
Not sure about UK and US. Should be here before 12pm latest.

already have one mate, its not up atm, if it goes up at 5am or not, i'm unsure, would rather get my sleep on

Argh! Every time you knock the ball foward with the right stick Fifa-style, you get the stupid PES 9/10 animation. How am I the only one bothered by this? :RANT::RANT::RANT:

I'm not sure if Xbox still does this but didn't they always have a month free gold membership when signing up?

yup but you only get three per consoles and i'm sure i have used them up plus it won't allow me to create a jap email/passport required to try make a new one, i'll keep cracking away

Back
Top Bottom