PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

*opinions only based on video footage*
Slightly worried about how easy it seems to score in the demo, I know the keepers are crap and they should be improved but the amount of space given on the edge of the area and stuff seems like your able to nail a sweet strike and most often its a goal or just wide. Is it that easy to really get a shot off as it seems or do you really need to work hard for that opening?

I'll be honest here, I do think there is far too much space at present, the AI just seems to sit off. This is probably in response to the over pressurizing attitude of PES 2011, but yeah, I am finding it stupidly easy to score at present.

I'm not especially worried as this isn't a problem that'll effect online, but if you're someone who prefers offline then I'd be concerned about the longevity of playing against a relatively easy Top Player. I certainly found the PES 2011 demo a lot harder to begin with.

It's worth remembering there is a higher difficulty than Top Player now, of course. Not in the demo though. It's certainly worth protesting for it to be harder though. Never worth erring on the side of caution with difficulty.

I actually think that demos are brought out with a kind of false difficulty. I found the PES2011 demo a bit easy on professional and then found it far harder in the retail version. I think they make it a bit easier than is represented in the final version so people don't get too frustrated and can try out some of the new features & gameplay within the relatively small time period the demo allows. I found this on FIFA11 too.

I haven't played the demo, gotta wait until tomorrow, but I'll still be confident that Pro and Top Player will be harder than in the demo version.

Cant wait to try out demo tomorrow on PS3. But from what i hear... its easy to beat the computer on top player and goal keepers suck. It's a good thing there will be 'super star' difficulty to unlock and that this is an old build so i think they will fix goal keepers.... crosses fingers -_-

Cant wait to try out demo tomorrow on PS3. But from what i hear... its easy to beat the computer on top player and goal keepers suck. It's a good thing there will be 'super star' difficulty to unlock and that this is an old build so i think they will fix goal keepers.... crosses fingers -_-

great nickname :))
it's not easy to beat CPU don't worry

Pretty sure Jon said last year and this year too, that it's a licensing limitation.

A smart move for konami would be to sign up the SA leagues individually that arent taken like
Mexican, Argentine, Uruguayan Primera División etc, but of course they don't see the bigger picture with things like that.

Hope the demo comes out during the day tomorrow got the day off. yipee!

I've been playing on unassisted, zero pass assistance and turning all the assistance off and it is quite hard to beat the CPU.

Defending really is all about timing now and I still haven't got used to pressing A(X) and RT(R2). But it's definitely much more satisfying now, not just the matter of simply holding A(X). Online should be a blast. :)

I've been playing on unassisted, zero pass assistance and turning all the assistance off and it is quite hard to beat the CPU.

Defending really is all about timing now and I still haven't got used to pressing A(X) and RT(R2). But it's definitely much more satisfying now, not just the matter of simply holding A(X). Online should be a blast. :)

IF they don't change it in final release, like last year

That's the double edged sword of user feedback. :p

But we've got two demos, so I reckon the 2nd demo will be 98% like the final product.

Dunno why yall dont get a 360 for windows pad...THough I think PS pad is better for football games.

I use usb-ps2 pad adapter and ps2 pad...works easy not wireless though

Ps3 pad aint hard either just download software attach usb and hey presto

anyone heard about the demo being available on the US PSN store late tonight? I can't remember where I saw that, so don't kill me if it's bullox.

Edit: I see now that it's a tweet from "Suff". It's supposed to be on the store very late tonight so it might not be worth it even for the most desperate.

Last edited:
I recommended to zee that those using motioninjoy should try out the Xbox 360 controller emulator. It's the least problematic of all the controller setups. Also, it seems like if you use bluetooth through motioninjoy you have to press the 'enable' button in the start tab to make it work. I have this compulsive habit of always going into my settings.exe and checking if the controller's connected...

Is it just me or does the CPU go on full-force attack with every possession that it gets? No knocking it about, just charge straight up the pitch and usually passing to the striker, who runs in a straight line and tries a shot? No diagonal runs, always straight, direct at the goal.

well yeah Dags, if you keep letting them run straight they'll want to do that, ideally. Have you tried getting in front of the runner?

well yeah Dags, if you keep letting them run straight they'll want to do that, ideally. Have you tried getting in front of the runner?

:LOL:

Yep, blocked their path off and they just do a trick and change the angle very slightly. Not noticing much wingplay from any team but I think most of the preset tactics are quite narrow so that could explain it. I dunno, just seems it arrows in straight away. Like I said, no knocking the ball about, just all-out attack immediately.

Disclaimer: This could, of course, be down to me being pretty shit at defending at times...

Last edited by a moderator:
Disclaimer: This could, of course, be down to me being pretty shit at defending at times...

That's my theory, I am really bad a defense so far. Neymar does whatever he wants. Gotta get a grip of it. I also have not play against Porto or Napoli, I always use them against the two big teams. I will do a coach mode game from one team setting them to play wide and play with the other team to see how it goes.

I flat out suck at defending, to the point I think I'm actually getting worse. Playing against Milan, they'll exploit any little tiny bit of a space you leave and trying to tackle some of their dribblers... arrrgh.

I'm actually afraid to go and tackle them, so instead they'll whack it in from distance.

I have it motioninjoy (yeah right) but the analogue sticks are doing my nut in. Incredibly frustrating. I get it to work with D-pad but my analogues are redundant and when I do get them to work they do the wrong thing.

make sure you select Analoge Controller 2(POV,Joysticks,Analog Trigger)

and then press the left button (i have the dutch version so don't know what it is called. it's probably called activate) next to the vibration test everytime you start your pc.

Back
Top Bottom