PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I recommend padding out the inside of a Pringles tin with some raw chicken breasts.

blargh:PUKE:

e4b53a6b1505973a9e1619f2da0b848d291d7839.jpg

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but just been tweaking the tactics menu and there is a command for CB overlap this does what it says on the tin and he will run all the way to the other end if required. Could this be what some of the fuss as been about. If so, i and many others are so sorry seabby.
Yes I mentioned that during the days of Gamescom, but never got a reaction because it was so hectic overhere :)

I am also tweaking the tactics but I can't find how you can control individual player-runs... Anybody?

I've just bought 10 packs of Durex and a disposable bin, at least that way I wont need to leave my gaming chair. :CONFUSE:

I think I'll take some valium tonight and go to sleep early like a kid waiting for Santa............

Jimmy do not expect too much from this game because you'll be disappointed. For the true connoisseurs of football games gameplay in pes 11 is much better than this one in the Demo. This gameplay in the demo looks like gameplay in Fifa with inferior animations compared to Fifa. I hope you will return to simulation Konami.

@Lami

When the Demo Feedback Thread is re-opened, can we have certain format like :

# Overall impression
Bla bla..

# Graphic
+ ...

# Gameplay

+ ...

# Etc

Or somthing to make it easier if those ppl at Konami would like to see it.

Note :
+ = your positive impression
- = Something you want them to look into for final version. NOT for PES 2013 wishlist. So consideration should be make where it is possible

cheers.

Been watching some videos and the goal keeping looks horrific!:SHAKE: Did someone say that they have been improved in the later builds? :PRAY:

Jimmy do not expect too much from this game because you'll be disappointed. For the true connoisseurs of football games gameplay in pes 11 is much better than this one in the Demo. This gameplay in the demo looks like gameplay in Fifa with inferior animations compared to Fifa. I hope you will return to simulation Konami.

Oh dear, that sounds a little negative. I'll be honest, my only real concern was actually how smooth it all looked. I just hope features like nasty first-touches havent been lost, also, I hope the updated responsivenes doesnt take away to much from the technical side.

PES 2012 definitely feels like a love child of Fifa and PES, specifically dribbling. Everything still feels a bit floaty too.

Still, I can't stop playing the bluddy demo, so it can't be bad.

Oh dear, that sounds a little negative. I'll be honest, my only real concern was actually how smooth it all looked. I just hope features like nasty first-touches havent been lost, also, I hope the updated responsivenes doesnt take away to much from the technical side.

I have seen some heavy touches in the videos. His comment worries me abit though especially as I already thought the dribbling looked a bit too slick. Also someone said its just like a HD PES6 which is not really a good thing IMO.

Best pes ever !

It's addictive and fun. And the stuff that needs fixing (eg, goalkeepers).. yair will easily be able to fix with one of his famed gameplay patches..

Best pes ever.

Best pes ever !

It's addictive and fun. And the stuff that needs fixing (eg, goalkeepers).. yair will easily be able to fix with one of his famed gameplay patches..

Best pes ever.

He wont be able to fix that on PS3/X360, where the big market is at. I don't imagine he will have to fix it anyway, even a blind programmer could see how bad they are now, Konami will sort it.

the way you talk about pes 2011......you are going to jerk all night for pes 2012

PES's animations to Fifa, is what Fifa's inertia/momentum is to PES.

PES 2012 definitely feels like a love child of Fifa and PES, specifically dribbling. Everything still feels a bit floaty too.

Still, I can't stop playing the bluddy demo, so it can't be bad.

I do agree to a point.
Very smooth, the players glide along the turf in a "FIFA style"
but not quite as bad.
There are many other positives that outweigh this though.

Yes I mentioned that during the days of Gamescom, but never got a reaction because it was so hectic overhere :)

I am also tweaking the tactics but I can't find how you can control individual player-runs... Anybody?

Hey Han, how you doing all good i hope.

Just been looking again. in the set pieces menu you can select "players to join attack" hope this helps.

Edit - infact forget it i wasnt thinking straight of course its for set pieces. Doh!

Last edited:
I do agree to a point.
Very smooth, the players glide along the turf in a "FIFA style"
but not quite as bad.
There are many other positives that outweigh this though.

Unfortunately, I get the same feeling as well, having played Fifa11 on the 360. But somehow, PES just feels different. I guess the gliding effect isn't as pronounced in PES.

What time do they usually update the Playstation Store, then? Are we getting this at midnight tonight, midday tomorrow - or is it random?

Most players feel nimble when on the ball (let's not forget they are professionals), but Seabass and Co. have preserved the sense of inertia when shifting direction. Defenders do not magically recover after being wrong footed and attackers can't abruptly change directions without a loss of momentum; the result is a game that plays much more smoothly than PES 2011 but is actually grounded in reality.

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/1091/bagu.mp4

Here you can the the goal scorer use his first touch to escape two defenders and gain enough space to shoot. They don't instantly recover and perform miraculous tackles because they are constrained by the laws of physics (the goal keeper should have saved it though).

from the trailers I don't like the way players run ..
but the other motions are good ..

The players in the replays always have the same running motion. It just doesn't look right. Ever.

But the animations for the actual game in real time are much better than they used to be.

I have seen some heavy touches in the videos. His comment worries me abit though especially as I already thought the dribbling looked a bit too slick. Also someone said its just like a HD PES6 which is not really a good thing IMO.

Try playing it first.

Not being funny but the game is how it should be. Pes 11 is terrible in comparision. I just hope konami dont listen to false feedback and twat the game up like last year.

Ive being testing the stamina/fatique stystem in the pc demo

put on your control setting so you can be one player on the field

i picked ibrahimovic

first game, First halve - I just ran up and down the field (u can still sprint very long distance without gettin tired) so no short term fatique in place

I checked his stamina bar at half time and it was almost empty (red)

Restarted the same match but now I didnt touch a single button

I checked his stamina bar at half time and it was still green but half empty

I think Konami needs to take a good look at that

I will test this a few times with different players (stats)

really looking forward to playing the ps3 demo
As i have not played pes 2011 for 4 months the bugs in the game irratated me so much i could not stand it any longer and went back to pes6 we10 for my football kicks.
Just hope that in final code the player switching is fixed along with AI
of the players on your team and the horrible stumbling motion then i will be a happy chappie.

Teammate AI is leaps and bounds better, always moving into space now. And I haven't seen any stumbling yet, certainly none that's a locked animation and where I've completely lost control of the player. It all looks a lot more realistic.

Also:

JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
@
.@adamneaves goalkeepers have been improved since that code. It's early

JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
@
@Freye74 Keepers are being improved at each stage. This is just an early look. Hold judgement until the final demo

I attribute half the goalkeeper mistakes to the fact they never shimmy across goal to ready themselves for shots so that they're in a better position to save a shot. By shimmy i mean the crouched sidestep that goalkeepers do. I'm sure you know what i mean, every single keeper does it and if you've ever played in goal well you should know it.

Case in point, i just scored a goal with Napoli where i shot from 35 yards the ball curled along the floor towards the end so it was by no means a power strike. I watched the goalkeeper and all he does is dive on the spot. He barely moves over to where he can clearly see the ball is heading before he decides the moment is right to dive.

Personally i think Goalkeepers tend to be bad at saving at waist height too unless it's directly at them and i believe that is mostly because they simply don't position themselves using an animation whereby they can go for a save. Whenever i see goalkeepers position themselves it is always by upright jogging or running. I've let in goals on this demo where the goalkeeper runs to the other side of his goal and therefore isn't in a position to react to the ball rather than shimmying across goal which would be the realistic option.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom