PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Sounds like another skip to me. It's tragic that people are reporting the goal keepers are worse than 2011 and the cameras are unchanged.On a positive note some negativity instaed of all the fanboy bullshit

I would say you definitely try it out and see for yourself but its a skip for me unless somehow they make improvements for the 2nd demo. The goal keepers do suck since they fumble the easiest of shots leading to some bad goals. They also can't seem to stop any Ibra shots either.

Also, where is the advantage rule? It was there in PES 6 and now? You and the CPU barely get carded because its easy to get in a good timed tackle or just pressure the attacking player by holding x and take the ball without even a push.

On another note.. I have yet to be caught offside after about 14 games. Its easy even on Top Player to split the defense.

Last edited:
i like the feel of this game.i am trying to get out of fifa 11 mode

how do you jockey?

i think this is deffo a contender this year.

skill moves, do you just move the right stick with the special moves button?

Jockeying is RT, someone said to hold A as well and then release RT when you want to throw your tackle in.

Not sure on skill moves though.

I find it funny that people are saying the full game is a "skip" based on early code. Yep, no adjustments are made from early demo builds....

Seriously - if I recorded video's of everytime a keeper acted stupidly on FIFA and didn't chase a ball or let in an easy goal, I'd run out of hard drive space...and none of these PES haters would have reason to use that an excuse to buy one game over the other.

Don't make me do it :P

Well I have stayed away fro all the hype this year, having learned to manage expetations rather than let the hyper bowl snowball me into idealism.

Having downloaded the demo last night and played for a solid hour this morning I can honestly say this has the makings of the best footy game to date.

The ball physics are wonderful, it carries real weight and spin without the marble on a desk top feel, it really is a cut above past Pes physics.

The animations are all now nice and smooth with very little clipping between animations but the best thing of all, for the first time ever the AI jockeys the player allowing you to pick a pass creating time and space to produce a slow, methodical build up, rather than past foorball games that have the opposition flying in to try and win the ball.

The defensive AI is very clever in that it gives you space around the box, but squeezes you in to narrow channels so you are (like real footy) forced in to going backwards to create more space behind.

I love the little touches of the keeper shouting oreders at corners, players appealing for fouls and yes I have seen on more than one occasion the advantage rule for offside and freekicks.

The sound has improved, it's far more atmospheric and I like the pitchside camera, although for me I prefer the Broadcast camera when playing.

It's going to be a big challenge to master certain aspects, especially the multi task of triggering player runs which with a bit of tweaking will make a brilliant feature.

There are so many things to like, the desperate attempts that the AI produces to block shots and the way the ball rebounds is a sight to behold, I really do love it.

This a country mile ahead of 11 IMO and for preview code it is very good, yes the keepers do make a few gaffs but I have seen 2 in six games but to balance this out I have also seen some superb animation with some one handed (scmeichal type) saves from close range.

If you have not yet sampled the demo and you liked PES 11 then you will absolutely love this.

Definate purchase!

Dave

The game is like PES 6 brought to next-gen. I love it. I just hope that Konami won't be upset on PC gamers for leaking the demo earlier than we were supposed to have it.

The small touches like managers on the side of the pitch, the stewards, the pitch-side camera, all add to the atmosphere. Ball physics are best to date in a PES game. Passing feels great, shooting feels very good. The skill moves seem to be unchanged, they're just more responsive. Square nets, God, how much we waited for them. Referees take better decisions and the advantage rule is applied now. Overall, I love the game, after a few hours of gameplay.

One thing I noticed is the catch-up bug doesn't seem completely fixed.

Last edited:
Well I have stayed away fro all the hype this year, having learned to manage expetations rather than let the hyper bowl snowball me into idealism.

Having downloaded the demo last night and played for a solid hour this morning I can honestly say this has the makings of the best footy game to date.

The ball physics are wonderful, it carries real weight and spin without the marble on a desk top feel, it really is a cut above past Pes physics.

The animations are all now nice and smooth with very little clipping between animations but the best thing of all, for the first time ever the AI jockeys the player allowing you to pick a pass creating time and space to produce a slow, methodical build up, rather than past foorball games that have the opposition flying in to try and win the ball.

The defensive AI is very clever in that it gives you space around the box, but squeezes you in to narrow channels so you are (like real footy) forced in to going backwards to create more space behind.

I love the little touches of the keeper shouting oreders at corners, players appealing for fouls and yes I have seen on more than one occasion the advantage rule for offside and freekicks.

The sound has improved, it's far more atmospheric and I like the pitchside camera, although for me I prefer the Broadcast camera when playing.

It's going to be a big challenge to master certain aspects, especially the multi task of triggering player runs which with a bit of tweaking will make a brilliant feature.

There are so many things to like, the desperate attempts that the AI produces to block shots and the way the ball rebounds is a sight to behold, I really do love it.

This a country mile ahead of 11 IMO and for preview code it is very good, yes the keepers do make a few gaffs but I have seen 2 in six games but to balance this out I have also seen some superb animation with some one handed (scmeichal type) saves from close range.

If you have not yet sampled the demo and you liked PES 11 then you will absolutely love this.

Definate purchase!

Dave

Good post Dave, spot on mate. It feels like having a proper kickabout again. Pes 5 High definition deluxe edition = Pes2012. The only negative i have found so far are that the keepers tend to let groundstroke shots into the corners a little too often, but small beans.

EDIT- I also like how we can now create Hooligan type pose's in the avatars.

Last edited:
I'm absolutely awful at triggering players runs, I basically have to run to the side of the pitch while I stare at the player I'm trying to make run, hoping that the blue indicator appears over his head and I can click the stick in for him to run.

All that while hoping that my player running to the side of the pitch hasn't already been tackled :LOL:

Multitasking, I can't do it :(

Did you guys notice that in some freekicks one of the side backs stands lonely in a bunch of space for the defending team? Side backs generally tend to cover offsides also!

One last thing, KEEPERS! KEEPERS! KEEPERS!

I havent played yet, but i was watching my FIFA fan friend playing. He complained alot about defenders turning in very strange manner, which makes it hard to defend as players kinda slide away a bit from attacker. Have to test it today myself, maybe my friends is just used to play FIFA10way so much.. Obviously he noted bad goalkeepers.

Definate purchase!

Dave

Great stuff Dave, it sounds almost too good to be true. :WOOT:

Good post Dave, spot on mate. It feels like having a proper kickabout again. Pes 5 High definition deluxe edition = Pes2012. The only negative i have found so far are that the keepers tend to let groundstroke shots into the corners a little too often, but small beans.

EDIT- I also like how we can now create Hooligan type pose's in the avatars.

Spot on Andy, a proper kick about is the best way to describe it! for once I do not feel we are getting something that has lots missing or needs improving.

I can only see the keepers being improved once it hit's the shelves, along with a few graphical tweaks, but the gameplay is just fantastic.

I have been playing fottball games since the stick men of Binatone so I think I am experienced enough to know when you have a great game and to see this with all the relevant pc modification will be amazing.

I've just bought 10 packs of Durex and a disposable bin, at least that way I wont need to leave my gaming chair. :CONFUSE:

I think I'll take some valium tonight and go to sleep early like a kid waiting for Santa............

Last edited:
All sounds tip top, if indeed the bugs are ironed out for final release, which I'm sure they will be. Trying to rectify goalkeeping errors isn't as easy as it sounds, though. I think we may still have a few shouting about that after a few weeks of play time on the final build.

Couple of questions, as I switched to FIFA in 2009 from being a PES soul since it's carnation in the 1990's on the 16-bit machines;

I've read a lot of positive feedback on the AI (or HI as a few have called it this time around). Is it possible to use skill moves on the CPU and actually fooling them? On Fifa one of the problems was the computer knowing what you were doing at all times and in that respect knew how to combat it.

I'm also hoping you can use a players pace to escape an opposition centre back or full back? None of the attackers being miraculously caught after being given a 3 mile head start?

It does look like it has the makings of becoming a very good revolution of PES of old, this year. Looking forward to it, as I didn't really get on with PES2011 too much. Nor FIFA11, in fairness.

I've just box 10 packs of Durex and a disposable bin, at least that way I wont need to leave my gaming chair. :CONFUSE:

I think I'lll take some valium tonight and go to sleep early like a kid waiting for Santa............

i've got six sachets of co-codamol here, already took four so another four this evening should bring a good nights sleep....:CONFUSE:

All sounds tip top, if indeed the bugs are ironed out for final release, which I'm sure they will be. Trying to rectify goalkeeping errors isn't as easy as it sounds, though. I think we may still have a few shouting about that after a few weeks of play time on the final build.

Couple of questions, as I switched to FIFA in 2009 from being a PES soul since it's carnation in the 1990's on the 16-bit machines;

I've read a lot of positive feedback on the AI (or HI as a few have called it this time around). Is it possible to use skill moves on the CPU and actually fooling them? On Fifa one of the problems was the computer knowing what you were doing at all times and in that respect knew how to combat it.

I'm also hoping you can use a players pace to escape an opposition centre back or full back? None of the attackers being miraculously caught after being given a 3 mile head start?

It does look like it has the makings of becoming a very good revolution of PES of old, this year. Looking forward to it, as I didn't really get on with PES2011 too much. Nor FIFA11, in fairness.

Yes and Yes :D

We're gonna have Chicks in PES2012 :P

pes2012newsthreadnodisc.jpg

Last edited:
I've just box 10 packs of Durex and a disposable bin, at least that way I wont need to leave my gaming chair. :CONFUSE:

I think I'lll take some valium tonight and go to sleep early like a kid waiting for Santa............

I recommend padding out the inside of a Pringles tin with some raw chicken breasts.

Dont know if this has been mentioned yet but just been tweaking the tactics menu and there is a command for CB overlap this does what it says on the tin and he will run all the way to the other end if required. Could this be what some of the fuss as been about. If so, i and many others are so sorry seabby.

Another thing in 2011 when taking a throw in, i could always steal a yard or two on the opposition by throwing the ball down the line, and the AI were always too slow to react. Not anymore their not, instantly tracking your run, as it should be.

Last edited:
I think yes we can switch clubs , am not sure but in the Gamescom trailer it seems like there's a manager mode look-a-like (Or it is) ..

Back
Top Bottom