PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Lag quitters were definitely there, as well as exploiters and your average Real Madrid/Barca scum. Can't imagine it being much more worse than consoles. Lag was "tolerable" under most circumstances.

Isn't the "Touchline" cam like the old PES cameras? i.e. on-rails perpendicular to the pitch.

I loved the PES 2011 default camera though, and hope that's still available this year.

I really don't know where all the hype is coming from ... but this demo is not living up to it.
Its probably one of the most boring PES games I've ever played (2008 I skipped completely). There's no soul or anything that makes you go "wow" .. I feel like I'm controlling dull, lifeless robots instead of actual players. While there is alot of freedom on the pitch , moreso than any other PES before, that freedom is totally diminished by the control response. The controls are fluid this year and are the best of any PES game since PES 6.
However, that fluidity is cancelled out by the fact that the players feel like they were dipped in caramel before stepping on the field. There is this almost sleep inducing smoothness that makes me not want to play out of boredom.
I literally began daydreaming while playing. The top player CPU is not difficult by any means and the goals are uninspired and just boring ... there is no feeling to this game. Scoring with Rooney against Milan didn't give me any sense of accomplishment.
Graphics ... not impressive, completely lifeless even with the manual color adjustments. The colors are washed out instead of being vibrant. Passing animations look bad and penalty system is just like before except camera is from behind.

Ultimately the caramel-like control response just impacts the gameplay too much for me.

Last edited:
OMG I am in absolute awe. This game is immense!! It is hard to believe that this was based on PES2011.

Keepers, Refs and Shooting is very dodgy but the positives faarrrrr outweigh the negatives. I wish I didn't have to go sleep but alas.

BTW pressure whores enjoy it while it lasts, the CPU will waltz around you enroute to a goal. Defending is an absolute art now as is breaking down the likes of the AC Milan defence.

WOW is all I can say

Without having to sit through hours of demo footage, can anyone make a purely goals only compilation for those of us waiting for console demo's :P

And send a few test tubes to Jimmy while you're at it...but no return envelope ;)

OMG I am in absolute awe. This game is immense!! It is hard to believe that this was based on PES2011.

Keepers, Refs and Shooting is very dodgy but the positives faarrrrr outweigh the negatives. I wish I didn't have to go sleep but alas.

BTW pressure whores enjoy it while it lasts, the CPU will waltz around you enroute to a goal. Defending is an absolute art now as is breaking down the likes of the AC Milan defence.

WOW is all I can say

i noticed this also, while doing challange mode, jump in to quick or predictable, the cpu just whizz by you 9/10 times :BOP:

The colors are washed out instead of being vibrant.

I was watching the Spurs v Utd game on Sky Sports HD and then played the demo and in comparison it felt so washed out. In truth it bugged me in PES 2011 too but i made an effort to get it looking nicer. I had to turn red down and green up IIRC. Still there was the washed out feeling there. It seemed to vary between stadiums too so perhaps the San Siro is being made to appear more washed out on purpose. I might mess about with my TV settings to see if i can get better results.

EDIT: I put my tv mode on dynamic and messed about with the PES settings. Now it looks vibrant. Perhaps too vibrant if you're going for realism but i think it looks better than being washed out.

Last edited:
one thing that makes me sad, is the fact that we can't use Libertadores teams in the Master League mode

it's so many talents wasted :CONFUSE:

1-on-1 situations are difficult as one quick turn or jump in to quick, there off, but i feel alot more in control in defence situation now. challange mode will only make my addiction to this game worse

I was watching the Spurs v Utd game on Sky Sports HD and then played the demo and in comparison it felt so washed out. In truth it bugged me in PES 2011 too but i made an effort to get it looking nicer. I had to turn red down and green up IIRC. Still there was the washed out feeling there. It seemed to vary between stadiums too so perhaps the San Siro is being made to appear more washed out on purpose. I might mess about with my TV settings to see if i can get better results.

EDIT: I put my tv mode on dynamic and messed about with the PES settings. Now it looks vibrant. Perhaps too vibrant if you're going for realism but i think it looks better than being washed out.

There's your problem. NEVER EVER use Dynamic setting for anything. They should ban it from TV's. Put it on a setting like Cinema/Theater/Movie and go from there.

If you have a Speilberg movie, you can use the THX optimizer from the setup menu on the DVD/Blu Ray to get your settings better but if not, just do what I said above and it should look better already.

Well looks like Pes is back

bye bye fifa...you were a nice substitute and you filled a role for the injured player but hes back and stronger than ever.

Lami - Dynamic is the evil preset made by TV companies. Runs everything at overly saturated settings and too high a contrast. Make sure your TV is on a cinema type preset and make sure it stays on that preset on the input which you run your gaming (i.e. if it's on cinema for free to air TV, and you change over to a HDMI input, make sure that HDMI input is also showing a cinema preset.)

Generally, this picture setting will look a lot more dull compared to dynamic, so it should not be overly saturated. If it is, I highly recommend throwing on a calibration DVD (dirt cheap and will make your image a LOT better).

Oh no I never use that setting at all. And I know most shops have it on dynamic to try and wow the people. I've always changed the settings to more cinema like anyway ;)

I'll admit that I use pressure as my main form of defence over the years and this is such a wake up call! The CPU really does tear you apart with that now so I'm having to relearn jockeying and cutting off space instead of charging in, which I welcome.

Crosses are also much harder to do than 2011. The CPU was easy to get passed before but now I'm finding that they block a lot of crosses, resulting in throw-ins and corners. I've never bothered to learn tricks but I think I'll need to now.

Hoping it's not the new game feeling which wears off but I love the demo.

I'll admit that I use pressure as my main form of defence over the years and this is such a wake up call! The CPU really does tear you apart with that now so I'm having to relearn jockeying and cutting off space instead of charging in, which I welcome.

Crosses are also much harder to do than 2011. The CPU was easy to get passed before but now I'm finding that they block a lot of crosses, resulting in throw-ins and corners. I've never bothered to learn tricks but I think I'll need to now.

Hoping it's not the new game feeling which wears off but I love the demo.
Well this time next week if many still feel this game is awsome, then it certainly is mate.

What do you reckon? better then FIFA11?

p.s. Is it just me or does anyone else wish PES would implement controller vibration when you hit the post/crossbar or even take a big physical hit. I think an early FIFA game on the PS2 had the latter...and the current FIFA has the former. Would be nice as an option we could toggle on/off. Could also have subtle feedback on jostling and a real thud if you get collected in a tackle.

Don't mind it at all. I seem to remember one of the PES versions had it but can't remember which. Also Tobi would surely love it.

I really don't know where all the hype is coming from ... but this demo is not living up to it.
Its probably one of the most boring PES games I've ever played (2008 I skipped completely). There's no soul or anything that makes you go "wow" .. I feel like I'm controlling dull, lifeless robots instead of actual players. While there is alot of freedom on the pitch , moreso than any other PES before, that freedom is totally diminished by the control response. The controls are fluid this year and are the best of any PES game since PES 6.
However, that fluidity is cancelled out by the fact that the players feel like they were dipped in caramel before stepping on the field. There is this almost sleep inducing smoothness that makes me not want to play out of boredom.
I literally began daydreaming while playing. The top player CPU is not difficult by any means and the goals are uninspired and just boring ... there is no feeling to this game. Scoring with Rooney against Milan didn't give me any sense of accomplishment.
Graphics ... not impressive, completely lifeless even with the manual color adjustments. The colors are washed out instead of being vibrant. Passing animations look bad and penalty system is just like before except camera is from behind.

Ultimately the caramel-like control response just impacts the gameplay too much for me.

Sounds like another skip to me. It's tragic that people are reporting the goal keepers are worse than 2011 and the cameras are unchanged.On a positive note some negativity instaed of all the fanboy bullshit

I love the sound of that Dags. :)

I'm suprised to be honest at all the positive feedback based on a 'first' demo. I'd expected alot more issues and bugs to arise from initial play-testing. Maybe they will come in time. Bottom-line is everything seems incredibly positive from such an early build.

just do what i'm doing, get hold of a joypad stare at the telly and dream. :CONFUSE::BOP:

...It's not helping :(

Capped internet, ticks over tomorrow morning. We wait.

Aye, the first step is admitting you have a problem ;) Excited, really is sounding like PES 2012 is the defending intervention some of us needed!

Last edited:
i like the feel of this game.i am trying to get out of fifa 11 mode

how do you jockey?

i think this is deffo a contender this year.

skill moves, do you just move the right stick with the special moves button?

Back
Top Bottom