PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

is it? what online modes and features have been announced?

Also how do u turn off pass assistance?

NO, i meant how the game plays online. if it's not possible to spam 1-2s like many people do in pes 2011, then we'll have a better experience (more realistic and challenging).

oooh jimmyyyyyyyyy, they takes us precioussssssssssssssssssssss jimmmmyyyyyyyy we kills those filty hobbitsis takes our precioussssssssss
andyserkisassmeagolgoll.jpg

Does anybody else find the dribbling way too easy? It seems like even poor dribblers are extremely agile and can turn on a dime. Then you have guys like robinho who accelerate to full speed in a split second...and look like theyre gliding across the field.

Does anybody else find the dribbling way too easy? It seems like even poor dribblers are extremely agile and can turn on a dime. Then you have guys like robinho who accelerate to full speed in a split second...and look like theyre gliding across the field.

Yes, but i don't know how to defend, i watched jon's video and these people are just running past me. maybe iam doing something wrong. I agree, i said it before, iniesta is like messi from 2011 and essi Cr7 are like god. i hope defending works in pes 2012. if anyone knows how, tell me.

It's just the culture shock of going from 2011 to this. Maybe the gap could be widened and the top most players could be brought down, but the overall change in terms of how the game plays out as a whole is a massive plus. It really is.

Yes, but i don't know how to defend, i watched jon's video and these people are just running past me. maybe iam doing something wrong. I agree, i said it before, iniesta is like messi from 2011 and essi Cr7 are like god. i hope defending works in pes 2012. if anyone knows how, tell me.

RT + A to stand-off, and then time your release of RT.

Last edited:
Defending has changed even more than dribbling in a sense. You really get punished for pressing, even just standing still is a bad choice. You need to allow them to make the mistakes, and, if you can, make them make the mistakes.

I notice that a lot of the time I'm not really trying to engage the attacker in possession, but rather trying to mark out his options for a pass. It's completely changing the way I defend.

Have you tried using jockey propely ? Or jockey + x ?

If players like Messi or cr7 have some space to sprint, realisticlly speaking i think this is the best way to defend against

I find that a lot of the time I'm not really trying to engage the attacker in possession, but rather trying to mark out his options for a pass. It's completely changing the way I defend.

Spot on, found myself (trying!) to do this too, it's almost nearly the only way you can stop them without a foul lol.

I notice that a lot of the time I'm not really trying to engage the attacker in possession, but rather trying to mark out his options for a pass. It's completely changing the way I defend.

I just tried to retweet your post. :CONFUSE:

Anyway, moving on from this senior moment... FIFA has claimed to revolutionise the way you defend... not convinced but we'll see... PES, quietly, has done so.

PES2008 - king is banished
PES2009 - king is helpless
PES2010 - king still to weak
PES2011 - king plots a silent comeback, eventually fails

the year is 2011, late august :

TRUE KING SITS ON THRONE AGAIN
and he will never be dethroned again, ever :PIRATE:

amazing demo!

a billion times better than pes 2011.

i would release this right now.

i only hope they won't screw up the final game like with pes 2011 after demo.

That sounds very positive for the first demo...... You might want to get yourself a Sperm Donor card for the full release (see what I did there ? ) you will earn a fortune.

Last edited:
I hope people understand that Dash + "Special Controls" doesn't actually knock the ball very far from the player when sprinting and is the kind of running with the ball people are used to.

I think that's the sort of sprinting people expect from most footie games without the close control in PES 12.

(This is for all the people the who will complain about ball control)

It's just the culture shock of going from 2011 to this. Maybe the gap could be widened and the top most players could be brought down, but the overall change in terms of how the game plays out as a whole is a massive plus. It really is.

While I agree that there is always an adjustment period after each new pes and that 2011's dribbling was a little too sluggish, I find the dribbling ability and overall agility with the ball to be quite unrealistic. Just after a few games it is apparent that you can just twirl around or quickly jerk your player side-to-side without fear of losing the ball, which allows you to entirely focus on the pass (and not both passing and dribbling).

I do like the freedom and increased fluidity...I just feel that the dribbling needs to be toned down a bit (seems like Nokami overreacted to 2011's sluggishness).

Defending has changed even more than dribbling in a sense. You really get punished for pressing, even just standing still is a bad choice. You need to allow them to make the mistakes, and, if you can, make them make the mistakes.

Yes, defending one on one is more difficult and in a sense more realistic as you cant just hold x and sprint the whole time. However, guys like robinho, lavezzi, and zlatan can cut past players way too easy IMO. It seems like defenders do not have the same weight behind them like last year in being able to knock players off balance.

It's taken Konami 5 years, but the game is finally heading in the right direction. Of course, you have the usual stupid things (keepers...I don't think they will ever be good) that would usually make my blood boil because everything else was so bad, but now...I just find myself shrugging it off. The game is playable again. Sure we will get the glitchers online etc...They will be out in force again 100%. But for the true football gamer, PES has come back.

Some learning to do, game obviously isn't the same as the last PES I played, but that's a good thing. I've won some games already, all on top player, but the "easy to learn, hard to master" mantra is at it's most prominent for a long while. The quicker tactics layout makes it more user-friendly. The game just flows so much better. You will get guys now who's distinct style will be with dribbling and others with passing, as with the old games. The difference between this and the last 4 PES', is that both ways can be successful...but more importantly, both ways can be stopped.

8/10 so far for me. I'll probably play this all night. Fingers crossed nothing game breaking pops up.

I'm scared to say it but I think...I think...

The king is back...

I told you :D You will love the game :P
THere is more little work to do from Konami, to fix this blur efect on Wide camera, need more sharp and clean view there. GK , fake shot is only 2 direction :) and ofcorse we need realy ... realy good online mode with a lot Co-op challenges .

And although pretty much everything and everyone is positive right now, keep in mind that this is an early demo (there's even a disclaimer the first time you open the game, that's nice :P), and many stuff will be ironed out for final code and demo!

Hope the keepers and shooting improve significantly before that.

if anyone can help me

"ok got my ps3 controller working on my PC. how on earth do i configure the buttins to make the game playable??"

i'd appreciate it!

if anyone can help me

"ok got my ps3 controller working on my PC. how on earth do i configure the buttins to make the game playable??"

i'd appreciate it!

go to start KONAMI> Settings > controller and use the driver. if you installed motioninjoy it should be in the list.

my only complaint in this demo: Manchester United does not have Welbeck and Tom Cleverley.

oh, and the keeper is worse than pes2011 :(

ps3 online was very good. how is the pc online? i have played lot's of matches on the PSN and only 3-4 times where people left. how is this on the pc? people leaving?

In Pes2011 case for PC online, you will find a puch of lag cheaters, quiters and bug-exploiting bastards. That are things i had experienced since january.

Back
Top Bottom