PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Does this mean Demo 1 is Gamescom code then? Would be awesome news on top of the fact they've fixed the issue.

What are the chances it turns up in retail and we get a movie production for 28 days later - PES Edition.

Does this mean Demo 1 is Gamescom code then? Would be awesome news on top of the fact they've fixed the issue.

What are the chances it turns up in retail and we get a movie production for 28 days later - PES Edition.

I think so because the run bug is fixed for the Demo who comes this week. I think Demo 1 is based on GC Code

is it coming today or untill wednesday? not trying to confuse people, but are we waiting for news about the demo or the demo itself today, thanks

demo wont be today,360 version will be thursday as thats live's demo day hope im wrong though but its just details ie what day its going to be released

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy
Had some really good news. The pass and run bug seen in GC code was fixed in time for the demo this week.

Well, good to know that Murphy has clarified all this. The defending of PES reached new levels of zealotry when even our very own eyes where not be trusted lol.

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy
Had some really good news. The pass and run bug seen in GC code was fixed in time for the demo this week.

Maybe this is a good time for Konami to release some videos from the fixed build?

I don't know, seems like it would be a good move from a marketing perspective, but what do I know, I judge a game by its video.

You know watching the interview at gamescom with Jon and Seabass you could see, fatigue, heat, exhaustion and sleep depravation etched on their weary faces. Jon also mentioned his 3g was used up so his tweet access was buggered. So while we were getting our panties twisted around our scrotum (yes don't deny it now) someone actually gave crap. And our beloved run bug was going to be seen to or atleast explained

Laugh at yourself evoweb laugh at yourself.

@JonMurphy_PES
Jon Murphy

So does this mean Jon has confirmed the bug? And we aren't all crazy? Phew... Just in time as The Drama Thread has been closed.

When Murphy says "also got news" that means it's something they weren't aware of in the first place ?? If so, all the drama meant something after all.

edit: fantastic new about the demo not having this bug.

Last edited:
You know watching the interview at gamescom with Jon and Seabass you could see, fatigue, heat, exhaustion and sleep depravation etched on their weary faces. Jon also mentioned his 3g was used up so his tweet access was buggered. So while we were getting our panties twisted around our scrotum (yes don't deny it now) someone actually gave crap. And our beloved run bug was going to be seen to or atleast explained

Laugh at yourself evoweb laugh at yourself.

We will just laugh at them Zee. ;)

When Murphy says "also got news" that means it's something they weren't aware of in the first place ?? If so, all the drama meant something after all

No it doesnt. It means the code was sorted for Preview and Review long before. Which is what Adam and Alan, as well as some on here were saying all along.

Last edited:
Wtf is it with all the naysayers wagging their fingers.
You lot carried on about this ad nauseam as well. So in my eyes you're just as guilty. 20 pages of pure, A grade bull shit is what we went through.

We will just laugh at them Zee. ;)

No it doesnt. It means the code was sorted for Preview and Review long before. Which is what Adam and Alan, as well as some on here were saying all along.

Why make assumptions? Jon said the bug seen in the videos has been fixed in the demo.

All that we know based on official source is that the run happy AI is not what was intended, and it's in the upcoming demo, but now it has been fixed due to the response to the GC playable.

Maybe this is a good time for Konami to release some videos from the fixed build?

I don't know, seems like it would be a good move from a marketing perspective, but what do I know, I judge a game by its video.

Why release a video when the demo is in 2 days?

When Murphy says "also got news" that means it's something they weren't aware of in the first place ?? If so, all the drama meant something after all.

Yeah, it meant he also had news about it for us (ie. that it had been dealt with). Easily readable the way you took it, was an issue with semantics there.

Why release a video when the demo is in 2 days?

Maybe because videos will likely get more impressions than a demo that requires a game console to download? Some people might buy the game and a console because of it.

I don't know, the point is to advertise the way the game is meant to be presented? The reason why Konami does embargoes and such? To show the game off in a good light.

Funny how Konami ordered people to take down the early play test videos that seemed to play well, but now let videos showcasing a known problem (bug) of the game flow free on the net.

Last edited:
Would be great if it was 10 min matches, also a vid you can skip after the first time played through, just saying like.

Ah finally the run bug is dead.... i will still keep my name though. I will always remember the funny run bug days :D

Maybe because videos will likely get more impressions than a demo that requires a game console to download? Some people might buy the game and a console because of it.

I don't know, the point is to advertise the way the game is meant to be presented? The reason why Konami does embargoes and such? To show the game off in a good light.

You can try it on the PC though, but you know what I'm getting at. You can test it yourself in a couple days only. Then people will upload a shitload of clips anyway.

Would be great if it was 10 min matches, also a vid you can skip after the first time played through, just saying like.

...The first demo will be released on August 24th and will be based on a preview build of the game. While there will be areas that are refined, KONAMI wants PES users to try out the game’s many new Teammate Control elements prior to launch and experience the realism that Active AI brings to PES 2012, and which have been singled out for extensive praise by the media. The demo will also showcase the individuality of the many teams in the game, and users will be able to pick from six teams and their playing styles – Manchester United, AC Milan, FC Porto, S.S.C Napoli, Santos FC, and C.A. Panarol – and pit them against each other in 10-minute matches. The demo will also showcase key Challenge Training elements, where fans can practice the new control systems to fully enjoy the game...

:SMUG:

2nd Demo includes Tottenham Hotspur, FC Bayern Munich, FC Internazionale Milano, Rangers FC, Club America and Sport Club Internacional instead.

Should I really be this excited about playing a demo?

Back
Top Bottom