PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Yeah, it´s weird how licenses works, but something i have ever tought is this question:

Do you think EA uses ilegal moves to get the licenses?
That came to my mind when EA got the NFL licence, eventough EA was sued and the result of the ESPN NFL 2K5 case was that EA couldn´t approach to the NFL for acquiring its rights, and then look what happened to Sega and 2K sports, they lost the license and the possibilty for making football games.

Then what did EA do to get the exclusivity even if they lost the case?

Yes, Jon said that the upcoming demo is an older build than the Gamescom version. Next demo, that I guess come very close to release date, will be based on final code.

The drama thread is not for the run bug is it? I hope not, anyway here is an update (that I don't think has been posted):

Penpas, brazilian journalist, have an 80% build (Gamescom also is 80%) and he told me that the bug is not there in his code. Sounds good, unless you are a bug lover, then you will be disappointed :SMUG:

I don't know what to make of this. Wish the upcoming demo was later code so we can focus on other things.

Last edited:
Is PES likely to be available on Steam or the like? Would rather download than have discs lying around.

Yes, Jon said that the upcoming demo is an older build than the Gamescom version. Next demo, that I guess come very close to release date, will be based on final code.

The drama thread is not for the run bug is it? I hope not, anyway here is an update (that I don't think has been posted):

Penpas, brazilian journalist, have an 80% build (Gamescom also is 80%) and he told me that the bug is not there in his code. Sounds good, unless you are a bug lover, then you will be disappointed :SMUG:

I don't know what to make of this. Wish the upcoming demo was later code so we can focus on other things.

i wish it was the conclusion, i really wish so we will stop all this forward run discussion but, did he know how to recognize run bug?
Did he compare videos showing that with his code?
If he did and there is definitely no bug in his code, we will be all relieved, we will talk about the next problem, goalkeepers

If an upcoming demo is an older build than the GC version then I just don't get it. Why the hell is an older build since the GC build is ready. Moreover why do we have to wait so long if the build for demo is ready.

If an upcoming demo is an older build than the GC version then I just don't get it. Why the hell is an older build since the GC build is ready. Moreover why do we have to wait so long if the build for demo is ready.

Microsoft/Sony etc have to test demo's to make sure they are safe or something like that, hence to get a demo this early it was probably submitted a while back.

The next demo will be newer code.

Yes, also they have to go through testing internally at Konami too, plus the time it takes to create the demo itself from the full code. Next demo will be from final version since the final version is probably done now, and they are building/testing the demo internally at Konami right now (maybe it's even done and shipped).

Usually the demo version isn't from the exact final code because of this. So when there is slight difference between demo code and final release, it's not because of feedback. It's because of newer code. They can't make gameplay changes that late, it's already gone gold. Changes comes later by patches.

Could someone please twitter jon murphy about camera angles panning, we need them in! Pitchside cam looks brilliant but the rail mechanics of it not so much. This is a small PS2 feature that the PC community sort out seemingly effortlessly.

If the demo is pre-GC build and the bug is only evident in GC build "(the latest videos we've seen) then how does one see the demo (older build) offering any resolution on the matter?

If the demo is pre-GC build and the bug is only evident in GC build "(the latest videos we've seen) then how does one see the demo (older build) offering any resolution on the matter?

second demo will be final code, that will be the real test

It doesn't really. It will just confirm that every pass isn't followed by a run, unlike in the GC videos. We still have no idea if it's in post GC code.

Quite simply, at the moment, it doesn't. Unless someone says/shows evidence it's not on review code that will also "arrive" next week.

Plus the 2nd demo.

Quite simply, at the moment, it doesn't. Unless someone says/shows evidence it's not on review code that will also "arrive" next week.

Plus the 2nd demo.

Yeah well I've been seeing loads proclaiming next week's demo will solve this; a pretty illogical stance. Review build videos or Konami comment on the situation would go a long way to allay all this!

A second demo? Ah hell!

Does anybody know about what´s going on with the Bundesliga license?

Today my cousin showed me all the stuff of his new iPad, I was checking that he had a soccer game called Real football, and that game has a fake Bundesliga with incorrect team names, but some of the squads have accurate player names, I was like :SHOCK: how can other companies can include Fake Bundesliga teams and why is Konami unable to do it.

http://www.bundesliga.de/de/liga/news/2010/index.php?f=0000177080.php

First non-bold paragraph ... according to my limited understanding of german language, it seems that EA's exclusivity applies to console and PC platforms. Perhaps mobile platforms may be considered as valid candidates for that one and only non-exclusive package called "Manager-Simulation Professional Online" (their own words 'so genannte Browser-Games' - 'so called browser games')

Word is sometime this week.

Well that would be good. Much better playing it than read the same rant about this run bug and shiz, no matter the build I would guess that the final game would eradicate that.

Even so, the majority who claim to have a more recent build (non-gamescom), say that it is not present, so I have higher hopes than most.

If it is out this week, then good... as long as it is similar to the PES2011 demo, where you could actually play one whole match, just get rid of the trailer at the end that you were unable to skip haha, as that was a tad annoying.

Back
Top Bottom