PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Well,well,well.....graday the pesfan editor stated that both times he played the preview code players where making forward runs as well as CBs,but it never effected his passing game or was it exploited by his opponents.He said it is noticable but doesnt effect the balance of the game.

Asims videos where also meant to go up today on WENB but they seem to have been put on the back burner,and its also interesting to note that ever since this forward run lark was raised on WENB,no videos from gamescom have appeared on there front page.

I dont think its quite as extreme as what weve seen in some videos but this issue if you look back at previews of e3 code is mentioned by some if you looking for it.

I feel some what vindicated as i was clearly saying yesterday this isnt a bug nor does it effect the game or the balance and is related to the mechanics of the active ai.

Its there,it was there in preview and e3 code and adams code is the same.Is it as bad as some are stating.....personally i dont think it is and once we get the demo in are hands we will understand.

This is why so many at gamescom havent really noticed it because it doesnt effect the game and is more visual.

I hope we can still see our/cpu ai's defender move like at 0:36 after making pass, unless you would not like to have it.. It is not about visual tbh...

YouTube - PES 2011 DEMO Defense Tutorial [ENG]

You guys seriously still going on about this?

Almost 18 pages of this now is more than enough and I'm pretty sure we all got the point now. Anymore of this here won't do much.

If you want something done about this, take it to twitter, to Jon murphy's, and make sure you're heard.

Well, you can't pass the ball around at the back properly because all your players will run forward, even CBs.

This is the big fear, and it's why this issue won't go away from this and other PES forums. It is a shame that this is preoccupying the community this close to what should be a joyous day (and still will be one, regardless).

"Nobody playing at Gamescom noticed" isn't a good reason why this isn't a real concern.

I don't blame the Gamescom players or find it odd that none of them noticed. Stick a controller in my hand and make me play some anonymous other person on a hectic showroom floor, and I'd have played like a panicked lunatic as well. It was in that context that they failed to twig the strange behaviour of their defenders in particular.

Well,well,well.....graday the pesfan editor stated that both times he played the preview code players where making forward runs as well as CBs,but it never effected his passing game or was it exploited by his opponents.He said it is noticable but doesnt effect the balance of the game.

This is why so many at gamescom havent really noticed it because it doesnt effect the game and is more visual.
But judging by all the videos I've seen, everyone who's played it is yet another "sprint/pass forward asap" numpty, so they probably quite like all their players constantly running forwards like hyperactive lemmings. Anyone who wants to play football knows that centre-backs doing that is downright dumb.

But judging by all the videos I've seen, everyone who's played it is yet another "sprint/pass forward asap" numpty, so they probably quite like all their players constantly running forwards like hyperactive lemmings. Anyone who wants to play football knows that centre-backs doing that is downright dumb.

Dude,like most on here im a hardcore pes player and despite dipping a toe into fifa occassionally with friends,pes2011 hasnt been out of my ps3 all year.Ive stayed true all these years despite the debarkle that was pes08-09.

Like you i play the game how its meant to be played and i certainly dont want my CBs blazing up the pitch after every pass...however,im opened minded enough to wait to the demo before a jump to any rash conclusions.

This isnt a bug though,and it is tied into the mechanics of the ai,whether its as extreme or it impacts the game as much as those who havent played pes2012 yet are claiming is a different matter.

Tutorial: How not to interview the Team PR Leader of a football game: http://t.co/rJSDdJV - Absolute jackass...

The guy is basically saying "We're used to FIFA, your game does not play like FIFA, why's that?". Why is this guy allowed to get preview code, play at Gamescom and get an interview with JM?

Jon handled it pretty well though.

Last edited:
Maybe they did this on purpose to make a 5 min match more action packed to intrest not only pes fans but also the casual gamer

Maybe it's just some wild and wonderful dream.....

rb-header-logo.jpg

That we cant seem to escape .....

RunningBug.jpg

Last edited:
The old days were much simpler. :p

No talk about preview codes bugs, game builds, etc etc.

Just wait for the game to come out and play the heck out of it, even with its bugs(I can't remember how many PS gamepads I destroyed back then.)

Tutorial: How not to interview the Team PR Leader of a football game: http://t.co/rJSDdJV - Absolute jackass...

The guy is basically saying "We're used to FIFA, your game does not play like FIFA, why's that?". Why is this guy allowed to get preview code, play at Gamescom and get an interview with JM?

Jon handled it pretty well though.
I like Jon's responses, quite reassuring for the future direction of PES.

They're sticking with what they said in interviews for 2011 and that is to stop chasing EA and focus on the fans of PES5 (aka sim heads/group leaders). Future is bright indeed.

Lami here's a list of people you should ban.
.jaygrim
.jaygrim
.jaygrim
.jaygrim.
Thanks.
He'll haunt me in my dreams then :ANX:
The old days were much simpler. :p

No talk about preview codes bugs, game builds, etc etc.

Just wait for the game to come out and play the heck out of it, even with its bugs(I can't remember how many PS gamepads I destroyed back then.)
Oh the days. All I could do is shout at the poor tv..

Not known yet, demo details should come up Monday.

OI! he asked me not you. Mr Anderson Agent smith :COOL: will now compromise you for breaking evo webs matrix code.:P

yeah Jimmy rumours are rife that it is wednesday but nothing offical as Neo has pointed out.

Copa Libertadores teams playable online :COOL:. Presumably that also means the players are available in MLO too.

I like how Jon Murphy promotes the game whilst remaining seemingly honest (unlike Rutter) - he backs up his opinions and statements with hyperbole or buzzwords (unlike Rutter) and most of what he says about the previous version is true (unlike Rutter, no "Pro Passing" and "Personality+ were not a success last year).

best feature this is year for me is the online department where if someone quits too much, they will receive a punishment, how many times i've been quit on is horrendous. surprisingly not many other games take this approach

Last edited:
Sorry gus from KONAMI, buy I really cannot understand, it is obviously needed to be able to release the ball ahead as long as I want and whenever I want, from first touch as well (from ball going from air too - then also by chest) to every direction (like in FIFA by right stick or just with R1+direction, as it was in PES5 partly done). Please do it, it is very important to speed up the play and make great - mostly by wing - actions, to speed up the play. Of course not only with first touch, during run with ball as well. I would like to put the ball 10-30 meters (you could could choose the length by time of holding the direction for example or in any other way) ahead - look at this, 3:20' and 4:17' minute:
YouTube - Gareth Bale VS Maicon (Tottenham 3 - Inter 1) or many other examples (Wright-Phillips runs).

Just freedom of movement please, make it more intuitive, fluid, agile. Surely most people want to run ex. by Messi and they cannot, staying in place. Brain want but your game not let you to do this. I know this is possible now by R1 + d-pad (or left stick), but not always works and not in every direction (actually it is possible only to the direction which the ball is coming from). And R1+R2 works only if I am turning and not from first touch as well.

That is my point of view (taken form every-year later to KONAMI).
Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom