PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

this is what I am saying, he doesn't need to recreate anything, this is the first thing that leads me to believe he doesn't understand what we are talking about.

The second thing is exactly what you have said about pressing L1 R2, this is what alot of people are getting confused about. It has nothing to do with that, it is to do with the Computer team (team not controlled by a human at all) doing these runs when they pass the ball.

See it seems to be confusing alot of people, I think people are defending something they haven't got a clue about, this is what is worrying me.

I thought with "recreate" he meant seeing it happening in review code, by doing what's done on Gamescom vids, simple passes without holding any button. Not so sure now haha.

Well, I've only watched a few videos so I probably missed out the fact that it was the CPU doing it.

If it happens every time then it is indeed a bug and must be reported to KONAMI(and I reckon probably already has :p).

The demo's only a few days away, so we'll find out soon. :)

this is what I am saying, he doesn't need to recreate anything, this is the first thing that leads me to believe he doesn't understand what we are talking about.

The second thing is exactly what you have said about pressing L1 R2, this is what alot of people are getting confused about. It has nothing to do with that, it is to do with the Computer team (team not controlled by a human at all) doing these runs when they pass the ball.

See it seems to be confusing alot of people, I think people are defending something they haven't got a clue about, this is what is worrying me.

Yeah, but it is also for human tbh, so far most of the videos they "pass & sprint forward". What do we want to say ? that every people that put the vids are L1 + X or R2 spammers ?

I mean really, what more need to say. Simply, this particular build

1. Look at ground pass whether in own half or opponent's both for cpu and human controlled, being under pressured or not.

2. Pay attention to player that has just made a ground pass

3. See if it shares similar pattern. Do you see most of them "pass then sprint forward" for few meters in most context/situation ? unless the ball passed is directly fall to opponent's foot in a second.

4. Even, if you think this is "all out attack" strategy then is the way it should be implemented / you want to see ?

5. It is not about being able to be exploited by cpu to score again us, nor another human player. It just about that particular logic.

Oh btw this is newest Jon & Seabass interview, thx to NGB

YouTube - Gamescom 2011: PES 2012 interview part 1

My apologizes for previous post.
I dont mean t send like im dismissing the Run Bug but after 20 pages of the same shit it would be nice to hear somethhing else, even if its another negative, just anther subject, as its the same stale arguement now...
The insults were aimed specifically at the ones who seem to have joined today to needlessly bash current members or the game. In general.

Once again my apologizes to all offended :)

Anyone watched the video? Online sounds promising. We are getting the groups back from PES6. Communities vs communities. Also, people who are disconnecting on purpose will get banned! :D

You played booths code? Or review code behind closed doors?

This is bizarre, to say the least, lol.

Played booths code, not special enough for the other code:TTTH:
Has no problems with it, set up my formation so that the CB stays put and the LWB goes up on attack.
Also, not bashing the R2 like a raving lunatic helps...

Played the game today at Cologne, no problem with CB runs whatsoever

Good to hear, hope it means after you "only press X(ground pass)" from your own and opponent's half the player who has just passed the ball does not always directly sprint forward, either being underpressured or not including cpu AI.

I hope they "move" more intelligently to better position including drop back or to another proper position/direction exactly after making the pass. Please, give us some vids if you got one, mate. :))

-------------------------

Just see your last post, sounds very nice if that is the case. Can you share a bit about cpu ai behaviour in this particular situation ? since, i guess, it slightly bothers some of us (including me)here... cheers.

Last edited:
Played booths code, not special enough for the other code:TTTH:
Has no problems with it, set up my formation so that the CB stays put and the LWB goes up on attack.
Also, not bashing the R2 like a raving lunatic helps...

But what about the CPU then? Did you see them doing it? That's my main worry, could be exploitable if you're putting pressure on them and yet they still go up.

Good to hear, hope it means after you "only press X(ground pass)" from your own and opponent's half the player who has just passed the ball does not always directly sprint forward, either being underpressured or not including cpu AI.

I hope they "move" more intelligently to better position including drop back or to another proper position/direction exactly after making the pass. Please, give us some vids if you got one, mate. :))

Errmmm...Yes???:))
My mate took one vid, I'll post it once he passes it on to me

But what about the CPU then? Did you see them doing it? That's my main worry, could be exploitable if you're putting pressure on them and yet they still go up.

Only saw Zambrotta and Clichy (both CPU) come up on a couple of occassions...Played 2 games and watched 4 btw...

The truth is, every single vid we've watched so far from Gamescom has shown them players doing it CONSTANTLY and EVERYTIME, regardless of the player. We're either watching the wrong vids or the people who played it didn't spend enough time with the game to notice it.

Waiting for that vid of your mate :)

I think I'm getting physically and psychologically tired of this talk :LOL:

Ok, the things that impressed me the most or things I paid attention to:
- No CB sprint bug at all
- Game plays slower then it looks on vids
- Game is more fluid then in the vids
- Lightening and turf is amazing
- Hard as F+CK

That pretty much sums it up
For me; on par(maybe even better after a time) then PES5

Good to hear about your gameplay experiences FreMM.

Nice to see you back here as well, not seen you posting for a while.

Hi James, thanks for the kind words.
Been busy alot lately with work and whatnot and also found this place a bit in decline last year...

Cheers mate!!

Since i have calmed down from my heart attacks of yesterday and stopped acting like a big girls blouse. Its obvious these things like CB's doing one two's wont be in final code.In an ideal world i would like to think i have control over who makes auto runs, but i would be very suprised for this to reach final code.Even if its not a bug then it will surely not be like that on top player or superstar level would it, that would be insane.

I was just so disapointed to hear something had gone wrong with the code and after last year with the demo to retail code changes i was praying nothing too drastic was going to change from the great impressions we have had from the evo lads. So for then Jimmy to pick is moment to go on his gay pride march with is "I love Sazza" banner, i was not amused. Sorry if i came over a bit oioi! but has Ali G once said "i was well up for a ruck" peace :)

the drama continues lol..so is fremm saying the pass and run bug doesn't happen at all, i.e. to the cpu teams as well? you only mention cb runs but it happens to ALL players in the videos

- Hard as F+CK

Thanks for that FreMM , that is really pleasing to know & welcome back. ;)

The truth is, every single vid we've watched so far from Gamescom has shown them players doing it CONSTANTLY and EVERYTIME, regardless of the player. We're either watching the wrong vids or the people who played it didn't spend enough time with the game to notice it.

Waiting for that vid of your mate :)

I think I'm getting physically and psychologically tired of this talk :LOL:

I played it a lot on the press day, and the constant sprinting was more or less the only thing I'm concerned about. Since I played more than 20 matches surely I tested a lot with it and it has nothing to do with pressing L1 or R2 whatsoever. I hope it's gone with the final game, otherwise it really limits the whole experience of an - apart of this error - great game.

And yeah, it happens no matter wether it's CPU or human player. Once player passed the ball he would run up the field about 5 meters, same for all positions.

If anyone says there is no such thing, it's simply not true. Hopefully KONAMI are listening.

Anyone watched the video? Online sounds promising. We are getting the groups back from PES6. Communities vs communities. Also, people who are disconnecting on purpose will get banned! :D

you mean lag cheaters right?? if yes ooooooh yeaaah!!! :WORSHIP:

- Hard as F+CK

buddy, no one here talked about only CBs going forward after pass. what we saw on those gamescom clips is that EVERY player (no matter on position) runs forward like something is burning under his feet. so it's not only CB issue.

it's normal for example zambrotta anc clichy to go up when the occasion is right. but here we talk about common issue with all players, regardless on position.

can you check it out again if it's available to you?

I played it a lot on the press day, and the constant sprinting was more or less the only thing I'm concerned about. Since I played more than 20 matches surely I tested a lot with it and it has nothing to do with pressing L1 or R2 whatsoever. I hope it's gone with the final game, otherwise it really limits the whole experience of an - apart of this error - great game.

And yeah, it happens no matter wether it's CPU or human player. Once player passed the ball he would run up the field about 5 meters, same for all positions.

If anyone says there is no such thing, it's simply not true. Hopefully KONAMI are listening.

well said ;)

FreMM says there is no bug, Chris00 says there is definitely a bug, both played the Gamescom-build...

who is right? The confusion reaches a new level...

Back
Top Bottom