PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

so anyone got anything good to say about pes? oh, no still not finished with the running thing, thats cool, people who have trust in Konamis ability to not let such a dumb thing get into the full game can just wait...

This is what scares me the most about pes2012.I wouldn't want a game too attacking nor defensive minded.Just give me the tools to choose which way to play

Exactly. Seems a lot are suggesting 'well this is what you want ain't it?', PES 2011 lacked movement but there was never a call for relentless 90 minutes of bombing forward. All this encourages is to get the ball quickly up the pitch as fast as possible, what are you supposed to do when you last CM picks up the ball with the 5 other attacking layers all trying to run off the shoulder of the defence?

so anyone got anything good to say about pes? oh, no still not finished with the running thing, thats cool, people who have trust in Konamis ability to not let such a dumb thing get into the full game can just wait...

The jinking run at 1:40 is quite sexy, megs the defender, spins round, regains balance and shoots;

YouTube - Gamecon PES 2012 WEAREPES.COM LILLE vs RENNES

APART from the Off the Ball running the game looks absolutely fantastic from what I've seen.

:ANX: You have no problem with what we've seen Jimmy? :II

I watched my first video of PES 2012 last night Danny, about a minutes worth. I was really impressed with what I saw, the movement off the ball was brilliant. The A.I looked alive, it looked fluid and with even more angles, even though the smoothness hadnt been compromised. The pitch also had alot more depth to it, I'm assuming they were playing on the Pitchside Cam. It looked gorgeous.

But hey, look, the bottom-line is this. I have no concerns at all for the most part, I trust the views of my esteemed peers, and more-so, the philosophies of Mr Seabass. It is as clear as night and day in my eyes, the evolution PES has achieved since PES 20008. It's like Seabass has concentrated from year to year on different aspects, all of which have upped the technical replication of football to levels I previously had dared to dream. It would have been nice for all the features to have been added in PES 2009, but vision's evolve and time restraints are limited. The path Seabass is walking is a path I like, it's clever and demonstrates a brilliant understanding of football and relevant techniques.

Each year since PES 2008 we have seen the introduction of new features and a massively ramped up A.I. PES 2010 introduced a level of technical awareness with strategies, and features like First-Touch. Inertia and Freedom followed in PES 2011, as well as upgraded tweaks to features initiated from previous years. It's an ongoing process, a long road, but in the limited 12 month cycle, he has added all these features that are now being fused together.

Like I have said before, to those that hated PES 2010, without PES 2010, we wouldnt have had the base for the A.I., Player Cards, Individuality, tactics and and strategies we had in PES 2011. Last years offering then added it's infamous 'Tagline', and the Freedom did evolve. We are now moving steps further in that regard whilst ironing out any concerns. From year to year a base has been set. So from a visionary perspective, I worry not. There is no evidence at all to suggest Seabass has slacked in any way, shape or form. He hasnt, his vision is bright, or in my eyes, blinding.

I worry not about silly video's of 56% code or whatever. Been there, done that. It's pointless. Will PES be perfect ? Will it fuck, nothing ever is, especially PES. Will it be an improvement on last years release ? Hell yeah, no question. Do I worry about silly little bugs that people seem to love to get their knickers in a twist over ? Fuck no, I've got better things to worry about than that. Will Seabass come through with the best PES to date ? Fucking right will he. ;)

Roll on the demo. That is when I will be able to give an accurate judgement of the game after proper playtesting. Before that time, I would be merely speculating on poor videos. Pointless. In my humble opinion of course Daniel. :)

Last edited:
someone tweet him a link to the video someone on here made with the run run run run text, if he sees that and still can't see it then i'm not sure what to say

+1

i don't know how they let guys who don't know single thing about football to be official testers.

we have dozens of clips showing that horrible bug and he "still doesn't see it".

omG :SHOCK:

I like the fact there was no signs of auto clear by defence and the shots taken underpressure no longer float out of the stadium!
i like, i like alot :)

Poor Konami. People hammered them for players not bombing forth to join attack and open up opportunities in 2011. Konami then went full on with the gamescom code to bury them complaints, and we know what happened.

:LOL:

I can't believe how they say there's no problem, people who were at gamescom and played the game.
ffs, when you see a CB making a pass and then running forward, you say that's not a problem?
It'll probably be solved by Konami until final release, but these people should at least shut up and admit it.

+1

I like the fact there was no signs of auto clear by defence and the shots taken underpressure no longer float out of the stadium!
i like, i like alot :)

You can actually set that to either on or off under player assistance by the way :)

There cant be a member on here thats played or is still playing pes2011 that wishes the majority of the time that the players around them break forward or use the space around them more intelligently rather then being so static.

Now we finally have the ai doing this organically and without the need for instruction its a bad thing.

Imo the teams by default when a goal behind switch to a all attacking type play,thus,this is why we are seeing such agression from the ai all over the pitch.Im fairly positive via tactical tweaks and the sliders,we the end user will be able to adjust the level of these runs and how frequent they are,as im sure if your ahead the ai especially in defence holds its line much deeper and is less inclined to break forward.

Where as pes2011s ai was more maths sub routine,the ai from what i am seeing in pes2012 is genuinly in tune with the ball carrier.Players make supporting runs,dummy runs,read danger and are much more reactive to the ball and what happening around them.

I still think these vidoes arent giving us the whole picture though and there a fair degree of l1+x spamming going on or people triggering strait runs via the right stick.

The next one that says run and bug gets a bitch smack from uncle zee.

Nice post g-force you raging seabass gay lover!

LMAO last year we were on about players NOT running this year we raging about players running. Those poor japanese must be thinking they cater for a bunch of fucking lunatics.

LMAO last year we were on about players NOT running this year we raging about players running. Those poor japanese must be thinking they cater for a bunch of fucking lunatics.

but i was just gunna say i saw a little bug run on my screen :O

Hey look, my girlfriend is a stunning 25 year old Beautician, and even she doesnt put a smile consistently on my face the way Seabass has/does. No-one has ever given so much enjoyment over a prolonged period. And all for less than a decent bag of sniff. Yep, I love him. :)

Exactly. Seems a lot are suggesting 'well this is what you want ain't it?', PES 2011 lacked movement but there was never a call for relentless 90 minutes of bombing forward. All this encourages is to get the ball quickly up the pitch as fast as possible, what are you supposed to do when you last CM picks up the ball with the 5 other attacking layers all trying to run off the shoulder of the defence?

The jinking run at 1:40 is quite sexy, megs the defender, spins round, regains balance and shoots;

YouTube - Gamecon PES 2012 WEAREPES.COM LILLE vs RENNES

APART from the Off the Ball running the game looks absolutely fantastic from what I've seen.

Hmm. I still see a lot of things that irk me, like the shooting animations/physics, odd looking deflections/ricochets, some bizarre goalkeeping actions, overly assisted passing, pass power being too high at times, the huge names above every player's head, stamina seems to have no effect, looks like no penalties for standing tackle fouls, physical interactions/tussles still sorely lacking, still a lot of bunching in defensive areas (2:40 in last vid).

despite these things i can definitely tell they have the fundamentals sorted and in terms of simulation its wiping the floor with fifa at this point, i think this could be the fifa 08 or pes 3 of the series and if they can just take it up a few extra notches in terms of presentation, visual realism and physics/animation wise then i can see the tide turning.

the problem for me is i still see too many small niggles that would get on my nerves or ruin my sense of immersion, but the demo is going to be worth a bash that's for sure.

Would like to nominate for post of the year, if there is such a thing. every line absolutely brilliant and has changed my mood from depressed/concerned regarding this "accelerated walking malfunction" (hope that avoids a bitch smack) to happy and relaxed, willing to wait and see what Konami brings us.

Who me ? Well I've never been so insulted in all my life......

lbritain2main_070124041506397_wideweb__300x456.jpg

It's not that simple. I know its difficult to please everyone and get the balance right, however the WEP team seem to have a tendency to go in extremes. One year its speedsters running rampant and the next version is the total nerfing of pace. This is what is most frustrating.

Don't complain too much, someone might listen and fix the problem, that'd be awful!

Just be happy with what you've got.

:ROLL:

This. Tell you what, it's a good job Emmerdale has been good recently or the only soap worth watching would have been this thread for the last 10 pages.

Set in a universe where games developers refrain from easy-to-reach social networks... Life on Apprehension Street isn't like a normal street. Residents must strive to survive hour by hour against the fear of the inability to patch video games post-release. Tune in for the first episode this Monday night, titled Brittle Goalposts?

Hey look, my girlfriend is a stunning 25 year old Beautician, and even she doesnt put a smile consistently on my face the way Seabass has/does. No-one has ever given so much enjoyment over a prolonged period. And all for less than a decent bag of sniff. Yep, I love him. :)

This is evo web my friend we only believe it when we see it so video please ( x-rated is acceptable, headshot not required ) oh yes we also believe Adam for some odd reason so unless you can get him to verify that I'll be waiting for the video

Back
Top Bottom