PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I do think it's wrong to just take other people's word for it one way or the other unless it's explicit. 'All is as it should be' relies on his interpretation of what it 'should be'.

Even if it is just GC code, I do think the biggest fear people seem to have is whether this is exploitable - but I haven't a shred of evidence of it being exploited or even being close to being exploited.

Last edited:
Some player stats released by chaos if anyone's interested here.

EDIT:

Just tweeted bamber about the running thing:

@mrbamber Mate, can you at least tell us if every player barges forward after every pass, like in gamescom code?

mrbamber Mark Bamber
Tried to recreate everyone running forward and saw no problems, all as it should be

Thx lami, sounds good. Hopefully 'recreate' here does not mean he tries to spam R2 or l1 + x, then look at if the passer runs forward n get back to their position or not. Since the case we are talking here is only just X being pressed with or without sprinting. How about the cpu?

Though i might sound too concern about this, i am more into positive sides that those silly run would not likely happen in final build

I do think it's wrong to just take other people's word for it one way or the other. 'All is as it should be' relies on his interpretation of what it 'should be'.

Even if it is just GC code, I do think the biggest fear people seem to have is whether this is exploitable - but I haven't a shred of evidence of it being exploited or even being close to being exploited.

Sure it is, but we've been told to "trust them" even though they're contradicting what we see on vids. We haven't seen review code vids yet, so until we do, let's take his word for it then.

Also it does "sound" like he saw it as a problem and didn't find it in that code. It's at least reassuring that he knows it.

Obviously we need more from him to know that.

Sure it is, but we've been told to "trust them" even though they're contradicting what we see on vids. We haven't seen review code vids yet, so until we do, let's take his word for it then.

Also it does "sound" like he saw it as a problem and didn't find it in that code. It's at least reassuring that he knows it.

Obviously we need more from him to know that.

True. At least trying to recreate it is an acknowledgement that there was something to recreate and a way to recreate it. It's the sort of thing we need more than 140 characters to clear up though!

what does he mean by "tried to recreate", that worries me because you dont even need to recreate it just look at the match and check if every player bombs forward after passing it, does he even know what the bug is in the gamescom code?

Well I did mention it to him so hopefully he does know. Plus he's PESFan's Admin so I'm hoping he's read it on the forums, if it was mentioned that is.

Do I remember correctly that Adam said there would be some big news at Gamescon? Am I missing something?

Is anyone else annoyed that stats are again the same in that they can go over 100, I mean what logic is that? 100 should be max if every important stat is on the max, what logic is that we get over 100 overall stat? lets just make stats around 132 while were at it, or no lets make max stat 163... wtf

And when are they finally making separate stats for goalkeepers..

Last edited:
If the demo comes out this early and doesn't come with a big sticker attached saying 'this game is work in progress and is not fully representative of the final product' then Konami might be shooting themselves in the foot.

By all accounts the demo code will not be the most up to date game so if they do actually hope to persuade people to buy the game this year, and the early demo release is quite indicative of just that, then the demo code needs to be good. There are a lot of people out there who think demo = final code.

Is anyone else annoyed that stats are again the same in that they can go over 100, I mean what logic is that? 100 should be max if every important stat is on the max, what logic is that we get over 100 overall stat? lets just make stats around 132 while were at it, or no lets make max stat 163... wtf

YouTube - 11

Loved to see coachs on the coach's area, and different colors of Nets, the gameplay is awesome too :APPLAUD:

If the demo comes out this early and doesn't come with a big sticker attached saying 'this game is work in progress and is not fully representative of the final product' then Konami might be shooting themselves in the foot.

By all accounts the demo code will not be the most up to date game so if they do actually hope to persuade people to buy the game this year, and the early demo release is quite indicative of just that, then the demo code needs to be good. There are a lot of people out there who think demo = final code.

I'm not sure, but I think FIFA will release demo around the same time too.

And everyone that played the preview version seemed to like it so I don't think it's a big deal, it's probably pretty polished even though it's couple of months old.

I think that bringing the demo out early, assuming the quality of the demo is up to the standard of what I played about three weeks ago, is a brilliant idea and will work very well for Konami. What Konami have always needed is to force people to try their game for long enough to forget what FIFA has taught you. An early demo will work well.

You have to remember, they have a second demo to show that their game is polished up well (even though it was already fairly good). The main thing is that they show what their game has that FIFA doesn't have, and that people are given time to let that sink in. A demo two weeks/three weeks before FIFA's will achieve that very well.

Preview code is the code which Rod and Rom sampled and their thoughts on it were pretty good. Gamescom code is meant to be Shooting and Keepers improved with probably a little more polish.

I think the order is this
E3 Code
Preview Code
Gamescom Code (which is only for the event)
Review Code (Finished)

Not really.

The thing is, all the '100+' ratings I have seen are in ML mode when the player improvement comes into the picture. The game has to account for future development.

At the same time, not everyone plays ML. The non ML stats have to be normalized to the 0-100 scale, as that will give the greatest granularity to affect the gameplay.

Take Messi's stats, for for example. Messi in 2009 was a great dribbler, one of the best around. PES 2009 might have given him a 100 in that area. But he's improved again in 2010, 2011. The ML growth would have needed to project for that, without taking away the granularity in the stats that would account for the dribbling difference between Xavi and Xabi at the relatively lower end of the spectrum.

:ANX: You have no problem with what we've seen Jimmy? :II

I dunno bout Jimmy but I obviously see how there could be a problem, but my opinion is that Konami has just tried to eaggerate the AI helping in attacks etc, but in doing so has made it a little overboard and thats what we are seeing with the Running Men movement in all the videos, the demo should see this cleared out and if not the full game definately will cleared *fingers crossed*

Even if the defender-run-bug doesn't result in serious consequences for the teams it is still something that should not even be present in the game.Except triggered by specific situations,tactics and cards.
Otherwise it messes up formations and instead of giving you more options when attacking, it is the entire opposite as you will become too predictable

Last edited:
While i can certainly understand some peoples concern,this is starting to border on the ridiculous.

Are we really to believe that for some reason the gamescom code is different from that playtested and that theres some glitch in the gamescom code that is making every player run forward after every pass.Imo these are deliberatly or accidentally triggered runs coupled with ai triggered runs that have a reason and are totally in context with what is happening in the match and how the players around the ball carrier are moving.

Imo this is no different then preview code that has been playtested and the preview code behaves in exactly the same way, except when your playing in real time the speeds slower and these movements arent as exaggerated as they are via compressed videos that speed the gameplay up and exaggerate forward movements.

Theres little doubt this version of pes is geared towards more offensive play to make the experience more end to end and feel more open.

Pes2011 despite all its positives was to laboured,the ai to pedestrian and the lack of drive in the last third a major bone of contention.

While i do agree theres alot more forward movement in this version of pes and dont think we have a game where every pass is followed by a forward run especially within defence.

Not really.

The thing is, all the '100+' ratings I have seen are in ML mode when the player improvement comes into the picture. The game has to account for future development.

At the same time, not everyone plays ML. The non ML stats have to be normalized to the 0-100 scale, as that will give the greatest granularity to affect the gameplay.

Take Messi's stats, for for example. Messi in 2009 was a great dribbler, one of the best around. PES 2009 might have given him a 100 in that area. But he's improved again in 2010, 2011. The ML growth would have needed to project for that, without taking away the granularity in the stats that would account for the dribbling difference between Xavi and Xabi at the relatively lower end of the spectrum.

Im just saying they could lower the formula of the overall rating, so the MAX overall rating would be 100.

So Messi instead of having overall 98 in PES 2012 he would have like 93 or so, but with the same stats as he does now.

While i can certainly understand some peoples concern,this is starting to border on the ridiculous.

Are we really to believe that for some reason the gamescom code is different from that playtested and that theres some glitch in the gamescom code that is making every player run forward after every pass.Imo these are deliberatly or accidentally triggered runs coupled with ai triggered runs that have a reason and are totally in context with what is happening in the match and how the players around the ball carrier are moving.

Imo this is no different then preview code that has been playtested and the preview code behaves in exactly the same way, except when your playing in real time the speeds slower and these movements arent as exaggerated as they are via compressed videos that speed the gameplay up and exaggerate forward movements.

Theres little doubt this version of pes is geared towards more offensive play to make the experience more end to end and feel more open.

Pes2011 despite all its positives was to laboured,the ai to pedestrian and the lack of drive in the last third a major bone of contention.

While i do agree theres alot more forward movement in this version of pes and dont think we have a game where every pass is followed by a forward run especially within defence.

This is what scares me the most about pes2012.I wouldn't want a game too attacking nor defensive minded.Just give me the tools to choose which way to play

Well, we know it didn't happen because we can see in the leaks that it doesn't. Not sure why you can't just accept the video evidence and move on.

ORLY, it sounds like this didn't happen to Lami and the boys from here. I can't speak for them, but I really doubt they'll be hailing the AI as great if this is what they played.

Edit: well we know it didn't happen back then, we have the video evidence. Not sure why you can't just accept it and move on.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom