PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Giggs is a perfect example of age degrading his physical stats, yet his class on the ball never died..
He started as a flying winger and now has moved into a more central role as a ball player instead of the winger because he didnt have the pace to compete down flanks yet could still do a great job in the middle

Alan Shearer started his career as a midfielder because he had a youthful grasp of speed and power, aswell as a creative prowess which he kept yet as he progressed into his early 20's he became a striker..
this was because his body aged and so he lost a bit of speed but kept his power and so became a pure striker.
it would be great to see ML include something like this happening like a youth player comes through with great pace but also all the abilities to be a midfielder or striker, but as he ages he loses speed and so decides to become a out and out striker or creative midfielder..

does that make sense to any but myself?!

Agree with Giggs. His loss of pace is mostly age driven. Scholes would be an example of stamina being an important factor too. Dean Saunders is an example of a player who seemed to keep his pace throughout his career, though I'm not old enough to know how fast he was in his teens.

I guess the question is whether we'd want an injury for some players to potentially cause permanent loss of some pace, or if we'd be happier with the more primitive but less breakable age-only system.

I think age should effect the injury grade aswell, is a 35 year old really gunna be a 'A' injury?

i think consistant injuries should begin to effect if they are to the legs etc, like a broken leg could effect a player eg Alan Smith, but also players can recover eg Cisse..
so i dont know, but i think a player coming back from injury should definately have some fatigue!

Age should definately be a factor on physical stats, and as they age their other stats should become a battle to maintain via training, and injuries should maybe bring on the effects on ageing faster?

Any sort of server hangs in the balance , as Juce posted earlier.

"There is about a month of PES2011 left, or even less, before it hits the trash-can and everyone switches to the new shiny PES2012, and to be honest, i have neither time nor interest to continue with kitserver. I'm sorry, but it's as simple as that".

The cover :
91ikkqo7laa1500.jpg

"There is about a month of PES2011 left, or even less, before it hits the trash-can and everyone switches to the new shiny PES2012, and to be honest, i have neither time nor interest to continue with kitserver. I'm sorry, but it's as simple as that".

Isn't it about his decision not to continue for stadium kitserver in PES2011 ? Such a loss really if it means no kitserver by him for 2012 :CONFUSE: . Very great work from Juce all this time.

Bad news :(

Juce is a genious, he's been making kitserver for years now and all the editing community relies on his work. I personally would understand if he stopped making kitserver.
The real problem is that there's only one guy in the world like Juce, a guy who makes so much for a worldwide community...that's just beyond any kind of goodness !

Juce is a genious, he's been making kitserver for years now and all the editing community relies on his work. I personally would understand if he stopped making kitserver.
The real problem is that there's only one guy in the world like Juce, a guy who makes so much for a worldwide community...that's just beyond any kind of goodness !

Apparently Juce speak Russian, so i went to read peswe.com, he said there that he will at least release the source code of PES2011 Kitserver so it wouldnt be work from scratch for someone who will be making Kitserver for PES2012.

I think konami have seen this photo of matri..
I hope that PES 12 is really improved also in the facial expressions, but there is very similar, however, Matri :P

s9u6ygh33wy.jpg

I think konami have seen this photo of matri..
I hope that PES 12 is really improved also in the facial expressions, but there is very similar, however, Matri :P

s9u6ygh33wy.jpg

from the faces we've seen so far, this one is the least similar to real life player.

I guess it comes down the individual. You're right, certain players do reach a peak in their early 20's, and can keep their speed for a fair while, but others can start out at 'top' speed so to speak, suffer injuries, or just age, and they lose it. Michael Owen is a good example. I'm pretty sure Walcott too will some day begin to lose his speed and acceleration, probably through an injury, and then his main attributes will leave him pretty limited as a player. But I think these two are good examples of players who probably started out at their quickest when teenagers. Depends on how differing individual's bodies age and progress I suppose.

Not true, there aren't that big of differences in peak speed regarding the age of a person and it can be clearly seen from observing top sprinters and their best times.
From observing the performances of top sprinters from the past 50 years it is well established that peak age for speed is around 24-28ish, with a few exceptions stretching it to 29 or 30 and 23 to 22, but generally from late early twenties to late twenties.

However that principle can not be applied to PES because it is a soccer game and players here don't really have a speed training regime as sprinters do, add that to the fact that some players get lazy and slack off and gain some weight, some get injured which screws with their progress and you have a different thing alltogether, so in my opinion it would be very hard for KONAMI to realistically add losses of stats based on so many factors as real life has.
For example lets say Walcott slacks off and gains some weight and his top speed suffers, how can PES replicate that? Randomly? Wouldn't really work well.

Even in their early 20's though I think it's a constant physical battle to keep at the peak of their physical fitness, or else they can lose that vital half a yard of acceleration, and it's something I'd personally like to see in future PES titles.

Again, training in general is always very hard but as long as you do and stay in shape it shouldn't be a problem at all, but soccer players have so many variables its hard to replicate this to PES.

IMO regarding physical stats they should just go with what generally applies and that is:

Agility will start to fade at the start ( does not mean u have peak agility at certain age and can not improve it, but the peak u can have starts falling from the moment ur born ) so generally assuming everyone is at peak it should generally not raise and start falling slowly fairly early.

Acceleration and Reactions ( Not PES stat reaction, but real reactions alltho pes doesn't rly have a clear stat for simply reactions of players, but maybe it will in the future ) are next to go, u should not be able to improve them much from the early age and it will start to fade in mid twenties.

Top Speed you can improve a bit more than the first 3 things but only if you put alot of effort in it and it starts to fade very late twenties to very early 30ies.

Jump a bit more than Top Speed and fades a bit later, early 30ies.

Strenght/Balance this one is tough, on one hand peak physical strenght is in the 30ies or even early 40ies but on the other hand its hard to replicate that to PES because if you get more buff you get more weight and hence ur other attributes should generally suffer more ( agility etc.. ) but in PES as you raise your balance you don't really gain weight so not really sure how id use this, maybe some of you have any ideas?

Stamina also you start low and can improve it throughout your career alltho slower as you get older or better at it.

Injury tolerance is what I would like to get worse as you age because the more old you are the more prone you are to injuries specially after 30ies, but also I would like them to add an 8 stage system like weak foot accuracy for it not just A,B,C.

Back
Top Bottom