PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'm not sure about that.

I think that people who preferred FIFA 11 to PES 11 are pretty much set in their ways in the type of football game they want, and this is one that PES will never provide again (hopefully).

Speaking on behalf of the 'silent majority' again?

I'd certainly switch back to PES if it begins to challenge Fifa; once my new laptop arrives I'm even gonna install PES6 again and patch it once more :)

I think your average FIFA fan likes the pick-up-and-play nature of their game, and rank fluidity, animations and licences over something more tactical and deeper.

As above I don't think PES2012 will do much to win these people back, and I'm not really sure I care. I want Seabass to continue with his vision of football and not try and cater for a more casual crowd.

Amen!

The AI is showing off big time on the screen behind Seabass head. It's an AI vs AI game and you can see stuff you've never seen the AI doing on PES. That may be a result of the AI improvements Seabass mentions throughout the vid. I love that play starting at 4:06, that highly dynamic one-two. Is it really the CPU doing that? :D

Edit: The play starting on 4:56 too.

Last edited:
I'm not sure about that.

I think that people who preferred FIFA 11 to PES 11 are pretty much set in their ways in the type of football game they want, and this is one that PES will never provide again (hopefully).

Yeah, but let's be honest. Pes was pretty much a shitty game the last 4 years. And if you had to choose between fifa and pes, i would go for fifa, because a game has to be fun too and in pes I didn't find any fun or realism. I am not saying fifa is realistic, but a game should not be frustrating.

Since fifa can't offer any realism and since pes 2011 was a decent game, much better than fifa11 i am back to playing pes again. Because all those people who left pes, like me can now return and leave Fifa for what it is. Fifa is a fun game to play, but iam more a tactics guy.

Maybe it's just me, but in those background vids, the ball physics look Pes6ish. Which is good IMO.

the pes2012 vid looks awesome.. really dig the new physics engine.. and AI runs/1-2s OMG?!

I really don't understand why Evo-Web community thinks 9th generation consoles are close to launch. I can guarantee you there will be at least 4 years left in current-gen consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) so enough with the wild speculations!

On the FIFA vs PES subject, I think the games have gone to two completely different directions now. FIFA is like Wii: not deep, pretty, fun and very accessible. It is the game you play with your friends on an afternoon after coming back from school or nowadays online. With PES, you can't really do that. It is more like the type of game you want to play when you are concentrated and alone. You can't play it when you are stressed or rushed, or in a party with lots of people talking to you while having a buzz in your head at the same time. Shame PES's online is shit, but let's hope Konami get it right this time.

Last edited:
I really don't understand why Evo-Web community thinks 9th generation consoles are close to launch. I can guarantee you there will be at least 4 years left in current-gen consoles (PS3 and Xbox 360) so enough with the wild speculations!

I think there will be a new Xbox launched in 2013, longer for the PS4. The announcement of the Wii2 at E3 will hurry things along if you ask me.

Speaking on behalf of the 'silent majority' again?

I'd certainly switch back to PES if it begins to challenge Fifa; once my new laptop arrives I'm even gonna install PES6 again and patch it once more :)

PES 6 sucks

Play WE9 LE instead :)) Much better :)

I think your average FIFA fan likes the pick-up-and-play nature of their game, and rank fluidity, animations and licences over something more tactical and deeper.

As above I don't think PES2012 will do much to win these people back, and I'm not really sure I care. I want Seabass to continue with his vision of football and not try and cater for a more casual crowd.

Exactly my thoughts.

What i'm looking at now is that if FIFA 12 fails to offer the simulation we are looking for we need to as a community really hone down both games. EA must step talking shit, develop FIFA to be balanced like the world up game/FIFA 08 in a game which you play with your friends while pissed etc.. the game for casuals.

As long as Konami don't do anything monumentally stupid PES will be the undisputed sim game of choice (it is not but some people are animation happy it seems.)

I think both games would benefit from going on their own patches and catering fro different types of players.

Let's not forget FIFA is much better, responsive and in general better than it was back in the dire PS2 days and they have that casual market on lock and key. They really don't need to change anything. Yeah it dosen't play ANYTHING like football the simulation aspects are terrible but you can say it's not a good video game!

Last edited:
Maybe it's just me, but in those background vids, the ball physics look Pes6ish. Which is good IMO.

PES 6 sucks

Play WE9 LE instead :)) Much better :)

After playing WE9LE for a few days now, watching maremas' vid again is making me think the physics are very similar to WE9LE's. I'm saying this specially because of the way the ball moves and quick responses. In PES6 the ball is mostly stuck to the ground from what I remember. If the game is anything between these 2, I wouldn't mind it one bit.

Last edited:
i'm still playing WE9.

Still playing PES 2011 but the patching a mess atm and i can't be bothered to update the national teams yet or create copa america kits so I'll enjoying whopping asses online :)

Tried WE9LE and gave it a good go, I really did. But was conceding too many float shot goals against the CPU. I'm talking players hitting the ball at medium pace from around 24/2 yards and scoring with ease, it seems the keepers are terrible on this version. Also it's still too robotic for me I haven't got the freedom in movement with players when running or dribbling to create space.

PES2012 PS2 - again keepers are a joke.

PES 6 - aaahh, back to where I belong.

It may feel slightly, and I emphasise slightly, on the arcadey side, but the response off the players is just perfect for me - each to their own I guess.

PS - also a point in WE9LE, or at least the version I played which was the patched one, I think people may be confusing it as more hardcore simply because all defences sit deep. I'd be interested to play the WE9LE game without the patches, I tried to do it, but it seems you need the patch to play it.

On the note of PES2012, am excited. Going to watch all the videos and read the comments today to try and garner a few thoughts together -

If PES 2012 is like a "PES6 HD", I'd give a £100 for it!

When all is said and done, I've been hammering WE9LE for a few weeks, PES2011 is still better overall.

Of course 2011 is Cro. There are a few things that PES5-WE9 do better, but that never means its the better game, well imo. I just hope 2012 is 2011 (all the good things in it) plus PES5/WE9LE (all the good things too of course). From watching the vid, it very much looks like it :)

Yea I'm very impressed by the first look, if they can strike a balance and sort out most of the bugs from PES2011, it will be a classic game.

It's all looking promising. Better AI will be much appreciated, same goes for better physical play. Also, better referees would make a difference.

Without a doubt, the rock is definitely on.

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 3 Intro
Take A Look At Some Old Intros For PES. Why Not Use Some As Cut Scenes (Animations), Like The Fans In PES 3 & 4 Intros Look So Cool Whereas In Next-Gen Pes They Look Terrible. On Own Goals Show Angry Defenders, On Goals Show Celebrating Fans And Goalkeepers. Also Introduce Celebrations Where The Players Approach The Fans. The Training Animation In The Intro Of Pes 3 Could Be Used In Master League With Your Team Instead Of Those In The Intros (Just Update The Physique Of The Players). I Still Find It Hard To Believe How The Subs On The Bench Are Generic. Hope That Cameramen/Stewards Will Move. This Is To Make The Game Look More Real (Better Graphics). PS. They Should Also Make A Classic Style Intro For PES 2012 Not This Modern Crap :).

Priority:
1. Gameplay Which From The New Video Looks To Be Improved.
2. Modes E.G. Master League Realism, Transfers & Atmoshpere, EL Mode, CL Atmoshpere. Bring Back International Challenge Mode From PES6.
3. Animations, Cut Scenes & Graphics. (Snow, Wet/Muddy Kits, Blowing/Moving Jerseys & Shorts Etc.)

can't remember the last time i played pro and really enjoyed it - again here's hoping the next pro evo is great

YouTube - Pro Evolution Soccer 3 Intro
Take A Look At Some Old Intros For PES. Why Not Use Some As Cut Scenes (Animations), Like The Fans In PES 3 & 4 Intros Look So Cool Whereas In Next-Gen Pes They Look Terrible. On Own Goals Show Angry Defenders, On Goals Show Celebrating Fans And Goalkeepers. Also Introduce Celebrations Where The Players Approach The Fans. The Training Animation In The Intro Of Pes 3 Could Be Used In Master League With Your Team Instead Of Those In The Intros (Just Update The Physique Of The Players). I Still Find It Hard To Believe How The Subs On The Bench Are Generic. Hope That Cameramen/Stewards Will Move. This Is To Make The Game Look More Real (Better Graphics). PS. They Should Also Make A Classic Style Intro For PES 2012 Not This Modern Crap :).

Priority:
1. Gameplay Which From The New Video Looks To Be Improved.
2. Modes E.G. Master League Realism, Transfers & Atmoshpere, EL Mode, CL Atmoshpere. Bring Back International Challenge Mode From PES6.
3. Animations, Cut Scenes & Graphics. (Snow, Wet/Muddy Kits, Blowing/Moving Jerseys & Shorts Etc.)

That simply isn't possible. CGI =/= cutscenes. They could however take some of the ideas from these intros and put them in the game.

It could be implemented, it just wouldn't be in real-time. The real-time celebrations have always been something I've enjoyed in PES. They really capture the feel of the goal; be it a goal to go 3-0 up or a last minute-equaliser.

I'd ideally like to patch to the real-life teams we see now. Is that possible with WE9 LE?
It's patched so the teams/kits/boots etc are correct as of the start of this (10/11) season.

For some reason I can't get it to work properly for any length of time, but it does seem like a refined PES5.

For those who watched the video. Did you notice SEABASS mention responding to requests for improving 'hold up play' in defensive situations where defender may be OUTNUMBERED so stand off attackers

Seabass has ignored the balance to this - where an OUTNUMBERED target man will HOLD UP THE BALL until support comes.

The mechanic for this needs to be improved! Currently, when player is in possession of ball letting go of all buttons, randomly allows the Ai to shield off defenders. Where's the freedom in this Seabass? Give us a user input (L3) and give us control over shielding the space around the ball

Public Enemy - Don't believe the hype was just on in the background. It seems to be a rather fitting moment.

Not that i'm suggesting to not believe the hype but it sounds like you guys are on sitting in the first class section of the hype train again - destination unknown currently.

Speaking about the people who left PES for FIFA, I think the main thing missing from PES 2011 was the responsiveness of it as well as the fluidity, I think both of these are key to getting them back and with the football side of the game being improved in many ways I think we could see many return.

That simply isn't possible. CGI =/= cutscenes. They could however take some of the ideas from these intros and put them in the game.
I Obviously Don't Mean Copy Them And Put Them In Pes 2012.. I Mean Remake Them Very Similar ;)

Back
Top Bottom