PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Looks great so far; so down to Earth and grounded. Makes a pleasant change from a game developer.

Everything I have seen and read so far highlights massive emphasis and gameplay, A.I. and individuality. This is exactly what I want personally. The off-the-ball pre-empting A.I. looks incredible, this is taking A.I another step further, and something we have never had before. This will have a huge impact and how we play the game, and for those of footballing mindset, it's pure gold. I cant wait to see this aspect of the game. It will bring individuality to another level, and the relevant statistics that can be incorporated into this is vast when you think about it.

This.

I'm glad they're sorting out the gameplay mechanics 2011 is a great
game but ruined by it's flaws and niggles and i'm glad they're
ironing all(i hope) those out for 2012. I just hope they fix all
those bugs & nuisances like the fouling system/advantage rule.

Also happy about the emphasis on teamwork and movement attack wise & defence.

Watching the maremas video again, it looks like response times have been fixed. I hope it is the case.

28am3ic.jpg

new dribble, new touch the ball, but, tha game look same than pes2010,2011..

robot.
360º when?
position of the arms while running and dribbling, is not fluid, movements are clumsy
engine still PS2

Last edited:
You joking right?
The screen bellow says "PES 2011 footage".

ouch, is true.

but, the rest of video is same.
new between 2011 and 2012, NETS?

oh my god, this game is always same...

please look defenders..is a footballer or a trunk, your waist does not move

i want, new pes, with new move, WITH 360º

ouch, is true.

Any news from your contact at Konami?

@ Roma - I think Gary Patterson said something along the lines of FIFA being difficult to improve upon.

ouch, is true.

I'm afraid we'll have to wait for the PS4 for that. Maybe we set our hopes too high for this gen.

It is not seriously to waiting for radical changes and improvements this year. We all know that very soon we will have a new generation of console hardware and hardly anyone will be straining to make a completely new engine for the current generation.
PES 2012 will be fixed or broken version of PES 2011 for good or bad. PES 2012 and maybe PES 2013 will be a same game with some changes, like it was with PES 4, PES 5 and PES 6.

ANd that is good news.
Old game,with improving,also fixing bugs etc.Finally good start.

Yes, and this was the plan of Konami, PES 2011 is the beginning, basic core of the "new PES "," new way" and there were many mistakes and errors, PES 2012 might be an improved version of thit core and PES 2013 will be the perfect version that will appeal to all, I guess, but it makes sense.

i envy how some of you people can argue over the game thing years after years!!!! that's really some love you have for konami!

@ Roma - I think Gary Paterson said something along the lines of FIFA being difficult to improve upon.

Yeah I knew that's what Jimmy meant, but the actual wording was completely different to how Jim recalled it there. The actual wording left ambiguity as to whether he meant that it was harder to think of anything to improve, or harder to implement. I took it as the latter because I've met Gary and that's the side he would lean towards. I mean, their list of changes in this initial burst of news is hardly bare or haircut/boot based.

Last edited:
My first post in this PES 2012 Discussion tread: :)
I did not read all the posts before, only the last page, so I might say what others said before.

I am quite happy with the improved off the ball running. That's what I hoped for in previous versions and now it's there. I think I am not the only one who wanted this.

I think this off the ball running will be done by using those cards, where you can switch them on and off. Something like that was there before but it was an unconvincing try from Konami. This one looks better, from what I can see of the movie.

Another good thing is the way you can select a defender, by using the right stick. I know, it is a copy of the same FIFA-function, but it is a welcome steal :D

At the end of the movie were some community-modes to see. One said something like Community legend match. I hope this mode is similar to the FIFA club mode.... :)

Slightly concerned about some of the pace of the play seen in the background, but it's probably quite harsh to accuse the game of being too pingy or too fast at this point.

There is nothing to criticise but nothing to get really excited about either - no really big announcements or really big changes: but a lot of nice stuff which you can be assured it's going to be a tangible step forward.

The main thing for me from a gameplay point of view though is fixing fixing fixing. There are FAR too many rebounds, shooting is often quite constrained (very often the shots are bang down the middle of the goal) scoring from tight angles is nearly impossible. Goalies almost quite literally never hold the ball.

Speed penalty on the ball is really nasty, and the player switching is unbelievably bad... Fixing those things would go a long way to making PES 2011 great, so until I hear about sizable changes in those areas which frustrate me and my friends so much when we play, I'm going to be slightly nervous.

Think I saw some mentioning it already but nice to see some talk about fundamental aspects of the game and some of my main problems being mentioned. Off the ball movement, Players making more realistic runs can completely change the feel of the game and the way you play. Player switching, being able to swtich to any player is certainly a nice change when it comes to defending. It will be interesting to see though how much the game will evolve when it comes to things such as stadium atmosphere, commentary, details on the pitch and online modes.

One thing I noticed in pes2011 though. if you set the gamespeed settings on -1 or -2 the response time feels much slower and 1 or 2 seem to be faster. I hope this isnt the case for pes2012.

For me the current "360" movemet in pes 2011 is more than enough. There are directions enough to move your players, open space, and adust their player body to make a manual pass or dribbling.

It works good. Some animations may look weird and not smooth enough, but the funny thing about it is that pes 2011 allows to past oppenents by simply changing directions quickly in the right time, and that's how real life is. And addition to that, you can clearly see that the game offers you different players having different ball control and dribbling, whilst in Fifa, those "amazing" animations don't even allow you to past defenders with simple moves, wich is rubbish. After reading some posts here and playing Pes 2011 for enough time I admit that I do realise now that how the animations "look" are definetly not as important as how they work, I mean if they actually work like in real life and allow you to do what skillful players can do in real life.

Fifa has an amazing variety of animations for passing, shooting and some beatiful reactions (blocking a cross, for example), I can't argue with that. But the dribbling animations with the left stick not only does not work decent as they should but also they actually are weird as fuck. You don't really have a good controll of the player with the ball because he moves so fast and, in some directions, he moves like he's skating, it's really weird and they (animations) simply don't allow you to beat a man by just moving the left stick and turns direction slightly, not to count the non existance of first touchs and trapping. The way players trap or control the ball and then turn instantaneously in super fast speed is completely bullshit, it looks terrible.

IMO pes 2012 just need smoother animations for some angles, and some new animations are welcome, of course. But for me the game definetly doesn't need a revalotuonary change in this regard like some people say.

Sorry for my english.

Last edited:
I have a strong feeling that allot of people who left pes for fifa will come back to pes again. reading the fifa forums you read allot about pro passing etc not working. I think this year KONAMI will get allot of old fans back.

Seabass' analisys is what gets me most excited about this year's effort. They are concentrating on EXACTLY the issues I would have liked to see. I am a huge fan of PES2011 2v2 matches, because off the ball runs open space and stretch defenders in ways you cannot replicate in 1v1.

This was my major gripe about PES2011, the off the ball movement was terrible. Another major gripe was overuse of star players, give it to Ronaldo, sprint down the left, triple tap, repeat. The dreaded lobby1 coward gameplay. Seabass says they are working on this, overuse of stars. Very promising indeed. If you watch Real-Barca in the last month (I saw all 4) Messi was absolute class, but he did not get the ball and take his man in the fasion that Barca whores do it online in PES2011. The team needed to work for that opening, Xavi needed to take his man, Iniesta needed to make the decoy run, for Messi to receive and have the chance to exploit his speed and balance for a chance on goal. It wasn't RB passing to Ronaldo who sprints his arse off 10 times in a half.

The subtle changes like the control after a stumble, the physical play, the jostling defensive system which will be addressed, the control, the player switching, improved referee advantage, more varied set pieces both offensively and defensively, focus on 1v1 gameplay, new animations and the improved fast break options due to the more intelligent runs have me in absolute AWE!!

A few other things I'd have liked to see addressed is goalkeeper variation, contesting headers and defenders marking open players when high balls are played, too often open runners are easy targets for the centerforward to pass to. Also the throw in 'bug'. I cop 60% of goals this way, a throw in, first time cross with back to goal, unmarked forward on the 5 yard line, goal..online barca/real cowards exploit this as well.

Overall, very impressed with the depth of this interview, very impressed by the areas Seabass is concentrating on, I knew PES11 was a HUGE step in the right direction for those of us who love real football, simulation and freedom, I think if Konami continue to improve on core gameplay adding depth for the next version we could have a game that will blow us away!

Fantastic first glimpse, Seabass is my personal hero. :)

I have a strong feeling that allot of people who left pes for fifa will come back to pes again. reading the fifa forums you read allot about pro passing etc not working. I think this year KONAMI will get allot of old fans back.
I'm not sure about that.

I think that people who preferred FIFA 11 to PES 11 are pretty much set in their ways in the type of football game they want, and this is one that PES will never provide again (hopefully).

I'm not sure about that.

I think that people who preferred FIFA 11 to PES 11 are pretty much set in their ways in the type of football game they want, and this is one that PES will never provide again (hopefully).

Not really sure too. I mean, I'm not sure if they will return, but I'm also not sure if it's about the type of football. I think some turned over to the dark side because how much recent PES games are capable of annoying people, either because of glitches or poor mechanics. Plus animations. People eat with their eyes too sometimes. Fixing the game mechanics and ironing everything out like they seem to be doing will do it for some, but the lack of an overhaul in animations will stop some from getting back to PES.

I think your average FIFA fan likes the pick-up-and-play nature of their game, and rank fluidity, animations and licences over something more tactical and deeper.

As above I don't think PES2012 will do much to win these people back, and I'm not really sure I care. I want Seabass to continue with his vision of football and not try and cater for a more casual crowd.

Back
Top Bottom