PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

See the sticky thread in this section about playtest, he's testing next week.
good to hear so he will be playing the latest code the guys at wenb played and are so hush hush about according to jon murphy on twitter.
i don't really get that though, why the silence if the embargo is already lifted or was that only meant for the preview code and is this latest one the one we will be getting as demo?

good to hear so he will be playing the latest code the guys at wenb played and are so hush hush about according to jon murphy on twitter.
i don't really get that though, why the silence if the embargo is already lifted or was that only meant for the preview code and is this latest one the one we will be getting as demo?

Dunno about the demo, but the newest code they played is the one that's going to be @ Gamescom next week.

Dunno about the demo, but the newest code they played is the one that's going to be @ Gamescom next week.

We can say, without a dobut, that the Code ,Suff and the lads have played, is from early Augist, so the Final Code should be ready early September, so they can have time to ship and stuff, 1 more month of codding seems fair, doesn't it?

I'm just hopping for a flawless online play.

Don't worry there is still hope.

From what we can gather Football Life is similar to FIFA's Career Mode. So you play as a Player (BAL), Manager (ML) and finally the Club Owner. So they may allow us to move club in Master League. I guess we will find out next week. But I wouldn't be surprised if thats the case.

They can only do this if they add a div.2 option for every league. That's what is holding this back, as it's making the movement between leagues impossible. For example you have set up your div.2 league to be the English Championship and are now playing EPL with someone. If you now move to the Italian league who is going to be in the div.2 league, The English Championship teams again?!

It's one of the most frustrating aspects about Konami and PES, last gen they were using the excuse that the 1,8gb (2,2gb with the multi commentary) was supposedly the maximum amount they could put on a 4,7gb dvd and that's why they couldn't add more teams. For this generation it could conceivably be the case, but really they have no excuse when you look at the amount of teams FIFA has.

And we all know there are enough talented optionfile makers around to easily fill a div.2 for every league in the game atm.

I seem to remember someone mentioning that they have made it easier to add files to the optionfile? Was it a Murphy tweet? If they integrate it with MyPES and make them easy to share you could very quickly have all the leagues done without having to wait for a single good optionfile that has the exact configuration you want...Now that would be wetpants news!

Last edited:
Sorry Tik but I'm not quite with you. Im probably being incredibly stupid today but what difference does having a second league have upon me moving from say Liverpool to FC Porto?

Example: I finish my first ML season with Liverpool and end up 5th. I then get a job offer to move to FC Porto. I accept and take control of Porto for the next ML season and the computer goes back to taking control of Liverpool. Isn't that what everyone wants? (alongside managing international teams later in your career) The ability to move club in ML.

Yeah, however you then have relegation promotion issues. So say you go to FC Porto, your league will end up containing the likes of Blackpool, Birmingham, ect. The Div.2 teams you set up when starting your English ML will end up polluting your Portuguese league. Unless you have some random generic teams in div.2. But who does that...

Chip shot is not matched with foot position. It should be taken with more front side of foot. Try to chip the keeper like on the movie - then you are master of football:)

Chip shot is not matched with foot position. It should be taken with more front side of foot. Try to chip the keeper like on the movie - then you are master of football:)

we already complained about that last week, it leaked
:FAIL: By Konami

Yeah, however you then have relegation promotion issues. So say you go to FC Porto, your league will end up containing the likes of Blackpool, Birmingham, ect. The Div.2 teams you set up when starting your English ML will end up polluting your Portuguese league. Unless you have some random generic teams in div.2. But who does that...

Oh ok I kind of get what your saying. Even if the leagues get 'polluted' its better than having no option to move club in ML. In my opinion anyway. That is until Konami acquire more league licences.

I liked it too, however the main reason against this system was sensivity of pressing directional/shot button. However, I prefer calssic system and I hope I can move GK before shot and make chip shot wherever I want in PES2012.

It's not really a chip shot, it's just a shot with the side of the foot.

I think simplifying the keeper controls might be good. I'm not sure, but I think most keepers just go one direction, usually low/mid height so that they reach low shots and mid height shots. Don't think they ever do a top corner jump. This way we might get some individuality in how they try to save the ball, or maybe they all feel the same, who knows.

But since they implemented the power bar equals height, they didn't really have any choice. Because if you play two players on the same console you can see the height your opponent is going for. Not sure I like it though. I rather control the power of the kick, so I can adjust depending on who's taking it. You might want to smash it in, pretty much around the middle of the goal like a lot of weaker penalty kickers do in shootouts. And if you go for top corner you usually don't kick it as hard as you can. With this system, if you hold one direction he will try to put it close to the post (I assume) with much power, and doing that with weak penalty kick takers is not really something you'd like to do. Guess it's OK if they make sure the weak penalty taker will try to play it more on the safe side, more towards the middle of the goal than going for close to the post.

Last edited:
I liked the pen system of PES 2011... The wide camera flowed better into normal play if there was a save/rebound, and what difference does it make to your ability to aim? You'd be pretty stupid if you failed to fathom which direction on the analog stick did what...
With the power bar, as Gab says, in local multiplayer it will be a massive giveaway, and I suspect it will now be more difficult to blast the ball over the bar, making it much easier...

It's probably irrelevant anyway considering pens are never given in football games unless you're hacked down with a sliding tackle - people can pressure you inside the box without fear of conceding a pen, it's bollocks.
PES5 gave pens for little trips inside the box that looked soft, but fully deserved, and it caused a lot of moaning...

I just hope they don't go changing important things due to people moaning about stuff they don't understand...

Last edited by a moderator:
It's not really a chip shot, it's just a shot with the side of the foot.

I think simplifying the keeper controls might be good. I'm not sure, but I think most keepers just go one direction, usually low/mid height so that they reach low shots and mid height shots. Don't think they ever do a top corner jump. This way we might get some individuality in how they try to save the ball, or maybe they all feel the same, who knows.

But since they implemented the power bar equals height, they didn't really have any choice. Because if you play two players on the same console you can see the height your opponent is going for. Not sure I like it though. I rather control the power of the kick, so I can adjust depending on who's taking it. You might want to smash it in, pretty much around the middle of the goal like a lot of weaker penalty kickers do in shootouts. And if you go for top corner you usually don't kick it as hard as you can. With this system, if you hold one direction he will try to put it close to the post (I assume) with much power, and doing that with weak penalty kick takers is not really something you'd like to do. Guess it's OK if they make sure the weak penalty taker will try to play it more on the safe side, more towards the middle of the goal than going for close to the post.

Rooney's pen. blast at New york cosmos is what i'd like to make sometimes :P

This is my prediction on

1. Penalty's height & power this year :

# Height
- Full Power bar = powerful shot to top
- Medium Power bar = powerful shot to medium level above ground
- Short Power bar = powerful shot to bottom (ground)

# Power
- Full Power bar & R1 = Slow shot to top a.k.a real chip shot
- Medium Power bar & R1 = Slow shot to medium level above ground
- Short Power bar & R1 = Slow shot to bottom (ground)

2. Regarding the direction i hope it is still like last year the longer you press the wider it will be and should be executed by the time taker is just about running.

Player stats will hopefully influence the level of error in terms of height, power and direction. It is quite simple but still rewarding imo if it works well

3. I am not sure about GK though :P

Another important thing that either taker or GK animation (including wrong footed) should vary.

Last edited:
Have found some news about FL on a german gamesite.

http://www.gamecaptain.de/PC/Artikel/4731/PES_2012_Preview.html

I'll try to translate:

- The new ML mode is more emotional
- Your co-trainer is omnipresent - he will jugde your decisions and speak with you about important things.
- Players can be happy and pissed off; they will come to your office and want to talk to you.
- Your club boss want to influence your formation and gives you advices.
- The club boss requires success.
- There are a lot of details which gives the mode a lot variation.

here is the english translation

Actually wanted to I try really just times. Finally, this is the preview version of Pro Evolution Soccer 2012. Very short time in watching, try everything out and then is again. Nope, you. Like in the good old days, PES has raised something like fever in me. Ball fever. Why football can be fun again and what is the major benefit in the way?

The usual suspects
No surprises await us with regard to the menu. We are back in the horizontal and the modes of play have not changed. Whether the South American COPA Santander Libertadores must be necessarily now again, I sometimes question. In any case there is a few playable leagues, but the bottom line are because that exists, not licenses for years, that does not change this year. In the Champions League - as Konami has Yes the license – we then also still find Bayern Munich and Bayer Leverkusen, Borussia Dortmund was not represented at the time of the test. But the editor is again, nothing in the way is the secret domestic licenses.
Of course, there is again the champion League and the be-A-legend mode, now under "football life" combined. Again, in the master, we find League the usual suspect kickers such as "Stremer", "Macco" and "Burchet" in our initial Executive, but also some new bits and pieces.

Hi What tell coach, me times!
As a whole has the master League mode now managed to create something like an emotional connection. By a ubiquitous assistant coach, who before and after the games are still opines and appeals to the most important things. Want to by disgruntled or even enthusiastic players who appear in the Office and talk with us. Through better identification with the players who seem to have more life of its own as only the form of arrows above the name. Sponsors pay bonuses, a club boss who suddenly wants to have their say in establishing and making tips, makes claims, or a target outputs. In the master League teeming it many details that provide a variety of opportunities.

Back racing, Player control, zone coverage and gate guard
The big, really big changes are found in PES but on the course, where we know that the truth lies. And just this truth firmly in this year: how football looks, dear friends. The tactical conduct of the player on the Court is exemplary: in the offensive the AI kicker use intelligent trails to open new possibilities for the pass timer, the defenders provide to paths on the defensive, attacking out. The defensive is more difficult to manage for us players, because already a serving includes exercise, to at the highest level wanted the ball to the opponent.
The Advanced Player control is also as difficult: it is possible in the current match, with the right stick a player frame and give it a run method. This is not always easy in the hustle and bustle of the event but and really need much exercise to implement that. However, this feature is a great extension, which ensures much stimulation in standard situations. It is still enough randomness and above all good AI of opponent despite now predictable and even running trails to prevent simple moves. It is also pleasant that the dribbling now significantly lighter go out of hand and the penalties was finally simplified.
However, the behavior of the goalkeepers moving in some cases, is outrageous as if they were born in the 19th century some glue on the line or can be really harmless balls slip through. I want to forgive the one or other errors, but the increase was very large.

Mahonia sounds, good commenters and strong optics
The picture is really well succeeded in PES with the shadows on the shirts, which not glue the body, but also move. The animations of the kicker are really managed to diverse and very, very nice view, here has really greatly improved Konami and sets a new standard for sports games alone in the faces of the player and the facial animation. And while the commentators British - in the trial - stylish and trittsicher accompany the action with their slogans, the stadium atmosphere due to weak chants is a total failure once again. In view of the strong improvements in gameplay, this is but to survive.

You guys talk about penalty kicks like their soooooo easy. It might just be that my controller is messed up but on penalties. Ill push it to the left for like .1 of a second and it still goes way wide.

You guys talk about penalty kicks like their soooooo easy. It might just be that my controller is messed up but on penalties. Ill push it to the left for like .1 of a second and it still goes way wide.
Go to training mode, do free kick training, move the ball inside the box and press A/X - this will give you a penalty.

Keep practicing until you've perfected them. Simple.

Penalties were piss easy tbh, mainly because no-one bothered to learn the controls so 75% of the times your opponents keeper wouldn't even make a dive.

It was alright system but a bit limited. Direction wise you could either put it left or right but other than that....dinks were a bit iffy and the power button too sensitive to the point of being redundant.

Something you all seem to have neglected to mention is diving with keepers to save penalties. That's what i find most odd about the system. I picked the game back up a couple of weeks ago and whilst i remembered how to take penalties straight away i still have no idea how to dive (timing or direction). The explanation says b + one direction yet it neglects to go into anymore detail than that despite the game being fully aware of a less than ordinary penalty system. I believe i used to know how to do it, but i can't quite figure out what i'm supposed to be doing now.

I don't really infer that Konami are careless often but they really did drop the ball (pun alert) on penalties this year. The penalty system isn't inherently bad (except the power bar being a bit too sensitive as the post above says) it is just that they neglected to bother to inform anybody how to take them/save them properly. I guarantee none of you got your first penalty and understood what you were supposed to do first time. Sure once you finally pick it up (done mostly through trial and error) you tend to remember, although not in my case with saving, but it was careless for them not to bother to put effort into teaching you how to use the new system. Especially when you change something that has been the a fundamental norm in football games for many years. The command list instruction is there but it's pretty vague and i'm not surprised people just didn't get it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom