PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Will be interesting to see what happens - I mean if you're starting with the defaults and building up the club I can see why you should stay there but if you want the option of starting as a manager of an established club with real players, they should allow you to transfer. Like a real manager mode and not fantasy football.

Maybe they could just make it so in BAL you can play as the whole team if you want and therefore, you get the option of playing at different clubs but still controlling the whole team.

Last edited:
oh and I want that national team mode they had in pes 6 where I can make euro- and world cup qualifiers, making selections for each games and stuff...that mode was the best and they removed it...

regarding the penalties, what if they automated the GK based on its individuality. would be fun, praying for our GK to save the penalty somehow, n we watching anxiously. we have GK like Almunia, who we can back on penalties at least. Anyways penalties are rare in the game, n if they were decided by player's qualities, would be fun..
I know its a step backward from all manual controls, but would definitely add fun element.

Personally I would like to see cheating pricks severely hampered on PES 12. If someone brings you down knowing that it's hard for you to convert a free kick / penalty or hard for them to get sent off, then they will keep doing it. I still can't believe how many people SLIDE as a method of tackling. I don't mean trying to block a shot or win the ball when they're too far out to tackle normally, I'm talking about as their ONLY method of winning the ball.

Makes a mockery of the 1 v 1 situations described in the PES 12 video if no one you play against actually tries to jockey. It's just go go go. Run into you or slide you. I can't even count how many times people have slide tackled me throwing me to the ground, injuring my player and not even a hint of the ref calling a foul...then I get players sent off for 1 tackle I make.

regarding the penalties, what if they automated the GK based on its individuality. would be fun, praying for our GK to save the penalty somehow, n we watching anxiously. we have GK like Almunia, who we can back on penalties at least. Anyways penalties are rare in the game, n if they were decided by player's qualities, would be fun..
I know its a step backward from all manual controls, but would definitely add fun element.
Nice idea. I'd actually love to see that for the penalty taker and the GK. :WORSHIP:

Interesting idea, however as an addition, possible to choose. But what if you play with human opponent and you choose auto-GK? It would be cheating from computer mostly I think, cause it see what button presses you opponent.

Personally I would like to see cheating pricks severely hampered on PES 12. If someone brings you down knowing that it's hard for you to convert a free kick / penalty or hard for them to get sent off, then they will keep doing it. I still can't believe how many people SLIDE as a method of tackling. I don't mean trying to block a shot or win the ball when they're too far out to tackle normally, I'm talking about as their ONLY method of winning the ball.

Makes a mockery of the 1 v 1 situations described in the PES 12 video if no one you play against actually tries to jockey. It's just go go go. Run into you or slide you. I can't even count how many times people have slide tackled me throwing me to the ground, injuring my player and not even a hint of the ref calling a foul...then I get players sent off for 1 tackle I make.

Lol, you contradicting yourself mate. you are saying you get tackled a lot without foul, n once u tackle someone, u r booked. your tackling needs to improve that means, n also the game does punish wrong tackles that means.:P

Interesting idea, however as an addition, possible to choose. But what if you play with human opponent and you choose auto-GK? It would be cheating from computer mostly I think, cause it see what button presses you opponent.

so you mean, the computer doesn't see when we play the AI? Its the same when we play with AI, the GK doesn't always save all our penalties does it?

Lol, you contradicting yourself mate. you are saying you get tackled a lot without foul, n once u tackle someone, u r booked. your tackling needs to improve that means, n also the game does punish wrong tackles that means.:P

No I'm not buddy. It means I feel aggrieved that I get hacked down all game UNFAIRLY and without the other guy winning the ball. How has he won the ball if he's injured my player's leg?? I am talking about inconsistency. Why should I be punished for 1 tackle when the other guy makes 10 of the same tackles and gets away with it. And keeps doing it because the ref calls nothing. Get it? :COAT:

I often tackle them out of frustration...so I am not tackling to win the ball, but to hack them down :SMUG:

I actually try using skill to tackle - I don't slide in for the sake of it. If you think real players slide in all over the pitch then maybe you are watching a different sport. The same with overly aggressive pressure settings. In real football, it doesn't happen as it does on football games because they'd be skinned time and time again and cop 10-0 losses. Unfortunately, it's no so easy to counter on video games.

I've tried to keep away from all the Pes and Fifa build up this year - partly to avoid the arguments, false rumours, Mr Heisenberg type people and also not to spoil anything. I didn't really expect a huge step up from last years games for both pes and fifa so didn't want to spoil what little improvements were about to come, nor read about something amazing and then have months still to wait and also find that I can't play 2011 anymore after hearing about the new things. Always happens to me.

I heard about the 'other' games new features and thought that maybe it was their game that was going to be the one to play for me this year. I hadn't played 11 at all until very recently but after playing it I came away not that excited about 12. I'm not trying to kick anything off just explaining why I ended up popping in here and reading up on pes. So I won't list any reason for someone to argue against me... but just a few key areas for me that I disliked and read that they've not been changed for 12.

So I jumped into here to see how Pes is getting on, is it too going to get a small tweak of an update and leave me feeling a bit deflated? Well after reading Rom and Rod's thoughts on the game I'm blown away by what's coming.

It all sounds so amazing. Though I would like to find out if the difficulty is what made Barca play as well as they did or did the difficulty just open them up and allow them to maximize their own team skill. I don't want to see United rip me apart and then have Swansea do the exact same thing the next game. Fingers crossed on that.

No I'm not buddy. It means I feel aggrieved that I get hacked down all game UNFAIRLY and without the other guy winning the ball. How has he won the ball if he's injured my player's leg?? I am talking about inconsistency. Why should I be punished for 1 tackle when the other guy makes 10 of the same tackles and gets away with it. And keeps doing it because the ref calls nothing. Get it? :COAT:

I often tackle them out of frustration...so I am not tackling to win the ball, but to hack them down :SMUG:

I actually try using skill to tackle - I don't slide in for the sake of it. If you think real players slide in all over the pitch then maybe you are watching a different sport. The same with overly aggressive pressure settings. In real football, it doesn't happen as it does on football games because they'd be skinned time and time again and cop 10-0 losses. Unfortunately, it's no so easy to counter on video games.

How has he won the ball if he's injured my player's leg?? haha, don't you remember Gattuso's bone crunching tackles, winning the ball as well as taking the player out.
N i never said anything in favor of these slide tackle abusers, i just pointed out why you get booked for tackles, when the others don't. haha don't take it seriously mate, its a fault, which shouldn't be there on pes 2012.

I have hot italian blood...I know too well what Gattuso and De Rossi do on the pitch...but that's not what I meant :P

I'm glad you accept it's a fault anyway. I don't mind refs who make bad calls to add realism...but I don't like players who use no skill at all to win the ball.

Not only that, i find my self making late challenges after the ball has been passed (still opponent's advantage). Still, quite many times, i was not called for a foul at least after the ball out of play for example.

Glad this is being worked on in PES 2012.

oh and I want that national team mode they had in pes 6 where I can make euro- and world cup qualifiers, making selections for each games and stuff...that mode was the best and they removed it...

THIS!!! I agree with you 100%, mate. I've been missing that for so many years now. This was my favourite PES mode of all time. Especially because the series (right back to the old ISS days) has always been more about national teams than club teams for me. Even though building a good club team is addicting, there's nothing quite like the excitement trying to go all the way through a world cup. And I always made the groups identical to the groups in the latest European Cup or World Cup in order to make it more authentic. And to make sure some of the big teams got their chance to advance.

I would so love it if they brought that qualifying mode back where you got to choose which players from your nation to be selected for the national team. It would also give us the chance to show where our preferred nations' team coach made the wrong decisions :SMUG:

+1! :WORSHIP: This is the single best idea for penalties I've heard in a long time. It would also put even more meaning to the card "PK taker", because the GK would have a higher chance of saving the shot if he had this card, rather than me "guessing wrong" when I control him.

In my opinion this would actually make the penalties LESS random, MORE exciting and would prevent us from having to hide our controller from our mate(s) when we're playing local multiplayer :COOL: Awesome idea!!!

Exactly! It wnas one of the best thigs PES has ever had
Why did they have to remove it? :RANT:
PES Shop comeback is ok, Training Challenge comeback is nice, but now we want International Challenge comeback :COOL:

That mode was only there in PES versions that came out the year before the World Cup from what I remember. So that was PES 6 during 2005-2006. Also WE 2010 Blue Samurai had it. So I guess we won't see it til PES or WE 2014.

That mode was only there in PES versions that came out the year before the World Cup from what I remember. So that was PES 6 during 2005-2006. Also WE 2010 Blue Samurai had it. So I guess we won't see it til PES or WE 2014.

PES6 was 2006-07 ;)

I've tried to keep away from all the Pes and Fifa build up this year - partly to avoid the arguments, false rumours, Mr Heisenberg type people and also not to spoil anything. I didn't really expect a huge step up from last years games for both pes and fifa so didn't want to spoil what little improvements were about to come, nor read about something amazing and then have months still to wait and also find that I can't play 2011 anymore after hearing about the new things. Always happens to me.

I heard about the 'other' games new features and thought that maybe it was their game that was going to be the one to play for me this year. I hadn't played 11 at all until very recently but after playing it I came away not that excited about 12. I'm not trying to kick anything off just explaining why I ended up popping in here and reading up on pes. So I won't list any reason for someone to argue against me... but just a few key areas for me that I disliked and read that they've not been changed for 12.

So I jumped into here to see how Pes is getting on, is it too going to get a small tweak of an update and leave me feeling a bit deflated? Well after reading Rom and Rod's thoughts on the game I'm blown away by what's coming.

It all sounds so amazing. Though I would like to find out if the difficulty is what made Barca play as well as they did or did the difficulty just open them up and allow them to maximize their own team skill. I don't want to see United rip me apart and then have Swansea do the exact same thing the next game. Fingers crossed on that.

No one really knows about the difficulty/Barcelona thing yet (apart from the ones with the actual preview code) Rod/Rom said they only had the 1 games and both were against Barcelona, not trying it again against QPR and the likes.

Reading back a few pages I'm now really intrigued with this football life thing. I'm curious to see how, if it is really included, becoming a club owner would actually play out. I can't see the mode offering enough to do to justify the mode being there, it's not like it's gonna become Football Manager 2012, now, is it. And if it turns out that you just watch the matches rather than playing them yourself, seeing as you're now looking after a manager in addition to the club, then who'll actually want to do that? I buy PES to 'play' football not watch the AI play against itself.

So with these reservations in mind, it'll be interesting to see what Konami pull out of the bag with this mode. I'm excited to see any expansion of the traditional ML mode, just hope it turns out to be really good.

The Club Boss mode seems like it'd be too threadbare to be entertaining to me. I can't see that the aspects of being a chairman would be interesting enough to warrant extended play.

However I take issue with this 'I buy a game to play it, not watch it' mindset. Of course the main reason you buy PES is to play the football on the pitch - so on the surface the argument is watertight. But it's a closed minded way of looking at alternative modes.

If Club Boss was genuinely entertaining without you playing a part in the actual matches then I'd play it. If coach mode has enough depth and intrigue for me to want to go through more than one season watching the AI play according to my instructions, and the AI plays well so I'm not tearing my hair out at defenders running in a straight line into trouble, then I will play solely as the guy on the touchline.

It's the job of the game/mode to offer enough to entertain me. If it wants to take playing the actual football out of my hands then I'm open to that - I'm particularly interested in the idea of coach mode with all this new AI. After all, the point is that not playing the football is in itself part of playing the mode in question. It'd be like complaining that you're not doing the fighting in Shogun Total War.

People also say 'if I want to be a manager and not play then I'll just play FM', but that misses the point too. I wouldn't be playing coach mode in PES to replace FM. I'd be playing it because I really enjoy the tactical side of PES and want to be able to carry on experiencing it, learning about it and trying new things with it, when I want to take a break from actually playing. As it happens I do feel that PES's tactical setup and use of the formation screen is more intuitive than FM's dozens of individual sliders and archaic formation grid. But that's by the by. The main thing I ask is that it has depth, has character and is gratifying from a football perspective. Denying myself that just because FM exists would be foolish.

Note that this post isn't all levelled at you LTFC - you've said you're intrigued by Club Boss for a start. I just think there are certain thought processes that seem to be widely agreed on, that seem closed-minded to me.

Last edited:
The thing that excites me most about PES12 I think is actually the increase in atmosphere - such as the cameramen and stewards actually moving. Just watching the gameplay seems so much more alive than PES2011.

It was in PES 2008 on PS2 as well. Absolutely rocked in that version.

jackb.jpg

andych.jpg

not bad at all :BYE:

It look bad for me ! Buratino seems much more lively and a less timber of them.But this is from camera , maybe .
Any way , look this guys :
162914_1814389881956_1306340635_32108743_6511259_n.jpg
What game they play, PES or FIFA
:D
Sorry for offtopic :P .

Although the lighting is incredible in most of the screens, I do think that the specularity of the skin shader is a little too overdone. As a result, a lot of the players look like plastic models. I hope that they can add some sub surface scattering (or equivalent) in future iterations.

Back
Top Bottom