PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

What in FIFA do you find sim based compared to PES? Just interested to hear.

Let me share my view here, based on my thought mixed with what i,ve heard when people talk about this sim stuff. They are :

# Passing mechanic attributed solely to better ball physic and player model animation.

# Better freedom of player model movement and animation transition.

So what i've seen the general trend now, sim-talk or gameplay talk is categorized by users as :

1. How player model animation, ball physic, probably atmosphere (e.g commentary)interact or try to "simulate" real case.

2. How football "strategy/tactic" as well as ai movement implemented best to "simulate" real case.

For me, both is valid argument to use. Hence, a solid football game should involve those two points as far as it can.

Pre-ordered for £31.85.

imhigh.png

Where dude?! haha. I might get one sent to Australia also...

The mistake PES made was not being ready for the next gen. They simply didn't do enough groundwork. The same problem will hit them again if they don't invest in technology for the future, regardless of whether their game has an identity or not.

To be fair, not many sports games were.

The Football Life screens looks like the PES Management game I have. I just hope that means we can change clubs at some point, and also have control over players, and not just being a management mode.

I don't know if this has been posted on here before, but Erik from Level 7 has highlighted these issues with the preview code (these guys were the first last year to highlight issues with PES11 and were bang on with the issues that they raised):

Goalkeepers are still very slow to throw/kick the ball after a save (5 second animation).
-Sometimes AI choose the wrong receiver at the end of a pass. And it seems you can't switch player while the ball is travelling to its faulty destination.
-Some shots are exaggerated, either scoring lots of goals from way out or goalkeeper pulls off a panic save. Also he did a weird super powerful bicycle kick from somewhere along the side line that went straight on goal.
-AI still doesn't really know where the side lines are and is running out off the pitch at times.
-Animation where player picks up the ball for a throw takes too long.

"myPES"

http://www.voltagepr.com/release.asp?i=984

Introducing myPES

KONAMI teases new PES 2012 companion to be unveiled at gamescom

Konami Digital Entertainment GmbH has announced it has appointed argonauten G2 to oversee an exciting new companion project for its forthcoming PES 2012 title called myPES. Full details of myPES will be revealed exclusively at gamescom in Cologne.

KONAMI will release PES 2012 on October 14th and is committed to providing users with a rich, all-round footballing experience. The European Headquarters of KONAMI and argonauten G2 originally discussed an idea to extend the competitive element that makes PES 2012 so playable, and have been working closely with the PES Productions development team in Japan to bring these ideas to life.

KONAMI will be outlining full details of myPES at this year’s gamescom in Cologne, where the game will be available for the public to play for the first time. “User feedback is vital in the development of the PES series,” commented Jon Murphy, European PES Team Leader. “As such, we are very excited about the possibilities myPES will bring, and look forward to fully explaining it in Cologne.”

“Pro Evolution Soccer is such an iconic brand and it is fantastic to be working so closely with the development team for myPES,” commented Maik Hofmann, Unit Director for argonauten G2 . “What we have planned will open new frontiers to players of PES 2012 and how they play the game, and we are very excited about showing what we have achieved at this year’s gamescom event.”

I don't know if this has been posted on here before, but Erik from Level 7 has highlighted these issues with the preview code (these guys were the first last year to highlight issues with PES11 and were bang on with the issues that they raised):

Goalkeepers are still very slow to throw/kick the ball after a save (5 second animation).
-Sometimes AI choose the wrong receiver at the end of a pass. And it seems you can't switch player while the ball is travelling to its faulty destination.
-Some shots are exaggerated, either scoring lots of goals from way out or goalkeeper pulls off a panic save. Also he did a weird super powerful bicycle kick from somewhere along the side line that went straight on goal.
-AI still doesn't really know where the side lines are and is running out off the pitch at times.
-Animation where player picks up the ball for a throw takes too long.

This is currently my biggest pet hate on PES.It's such a visible, easy to spot big mistake they made.I will be disappointed if they don't correct it come release time

So its an announcement of an announcement.

I got banned on WENB for posting this, after that announcement.
Suffwan Suffwan Eltom
In other news, today's #PES2012 news will have grown men screaming like teenage girls at a Justin Bieber concert. #gameplayisfundamental

Suffwan on twitter earlier today, before the announcement.

So unless something else is coming today...

:arrow: gtfo

wth? rofl, he completely overhyped an announcement about the announcement and this is the message I get about my ban...

Reason given for ban: you gtfo, and don't come back. prick.

Is he 12?

Maybe I should have added 'lol' at the end, as I wasn't being serious... :SS

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom