PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Anybody have a place to pre order the pc version in America? All I can find are the console versions.

Last year I did the digital download, only because America was getting it really late, but this year we are getting it first. Any help would be useful.

What are the benefits of pre-ordering the game now? Usually i just wait for a week or two before. I'm sure last time i pre-ordered something based on it being a low cost i read in the terms and conditions that the price was subject to change and that i would be charged for the newly changed price rather than the price the pre-order was at.

some announcement tomorrow, beta signup possibly :APPLAUD:

JonMurphy_PES
About to check out folks, but keep your eyes out for an announcement tomorrow. MyPES...

and Jon's answer to that tweet :

Jeremyproevo @JonMurphy_PES give us chance to play beta open or demo soon. to help with feedbacks and improve PES 2012... Serie A need more settings

JonMurphy_PES @Jeremyproevo Watch this space

I hope that there is a BETA. I'm not too overly thrilled at the idea of playing multiplayer online but i missed the BETA last year.

PES 2012 Ball List Revealed

Here is the official ball list for PES 2012.

Classic
Plain
WE-PES 2002
WE-PES 2003
WE-PES 2007
WE-PES 2008
WE-PES 2009 claw
WE-PES 2010
WE-PES 2011
WE-PES 2012
Adidas Speedcell
Adidas Predator X-ite
Nike Seitiro
Nike Seitiro Hi-Vis
Puma v1.10
Puma King Ball
Puma Powercat 1.10 Ball
Umbro Neo Pro High Visibility Football
Umbro Neo Pro

The official Champions League, Europa League and Copa Libertadores balls will also remain for their respective gamemodes.

This list has been taken from the current code of PES 2012, so please be aware that this list is subject to change, in time for the retail release of PES 2012.

- Thanks to PESFAN.IT for sharing the list

I'm pretty sure signup will appear tomorrow and we will be testing this community online stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dAZkRD2cmyY#t=6m48s 6:48

community owner (myPES:BYE:)
community match
community league
community legends match
community board

evo-web/WENB/PESfan community league anyone? :APPLAUD:

I just hope they end with the ridiculous online region lock, we can't play against UK player having an US version of the game...

I have nothing against you, but just read that again...that must be one of the most "weird" postings ever on Evo-web (and i'm being very polite by calling it "weird").

Realize that you need to care 100% about your game and it's fanbase...come on...do you really believe that yourself???

I don't know nothing about "making" video games, but it's fairly obvious that Seabass and his colleagues just where not up to making games for nextgen consoles...It took them until PES2011 before they made a decent game...that has nothing to do with "realizing you need to care 100% about your game and it's fanbase".

You can be loyal to a certain brand or game (i guess i am too), but you must stay just a litle bit realistic. I hope my post did not offend you, because that is not my intention...but i had to react. I honestly think Konami have listened too much to people like you who always look at the bright side of their game...such an attitude is not very good.

Sorry, it was indeed a stupid post. What I meant is that Konami surely realized that they need to do stuff their own way like they did before and stop trying to be as "casual friendly" as FIFA tries to be, and try to find a niche and concentrate on their specific fanbase. I didn't mean that they should listen to every request the fans make, often they don't know whats actually the best for the game. But like they used to do on the PS2 days, they need to know their priorities better and have a "plan" for the game, something they seem to have missed completely on the start of this gen, a focus.

And although I do admit that I'm mostly positive about the game, unlike the rest of the people where who are either "balanced" or completely cynic, I've never ignored any of Konami's mistakes/complete screw ups. I tend to see things on the "bright side" like you said, but there isn't always one lol. And I am indeed able to have a realistic approach to the game's flaws and problems, I just don't "use" that here because for some reason I spend most of my time (thinking I need to) defend the game from the cynics lol.

My original post intention was to say that I believe that Konami found "their focus" with last year's effort and they are making the most of it this year.

Last edited:
The mistake PES made was not being ready for the next gen. They simply didn't do enough groundwork. The same problem will hit them again if they don't invest in technology for the future, regardless of whether their game has an identity or not.

The mistake PES made was not being ready for the next gen. They simply didn't do enough groundwork. The same problem will hit them again if they don't invest in technology for the future, regardless of whether their game has an identity or not.

Well, but that reads as "not being ready", regardless if it was intentional or not.

That, and the fact konami was selling 6 million copies and only reinvesting in the game a very very small fraction. The team by pes6 was of only 35 people. Including management. It was ridiculous and greed broke the franchise when next gen hit them in the head.

Actually what Konami did was try to play safe and migrate the old PES engine to the next generation consoles. EA on the other hand gambled with a new engine that really took them several years to perfect (and of course with the UEFA and WC games, EA got a second crack each year)

Because EA's "new" engine is more established, all they have to do is tweak it. Konami are still really trying to get the fundimentals right (although PES11 is a very good game, so they're getting there)

It's ironic as over the years, FIFA has become more sim based, whereas PES seemed to be more arcade. I await the next versions of both with interest.

It's ironic as over the years, FIFA has become more sim based, whereas PES seemed to be more arcade. I await the next versions of both with interest.

What in FIFA do you find sim based compared to PES? Just interested to hear.

Actually what Konami did was try to play safe and migrate the old PES engine to the next generation consoles. EA on the other hand gambled with a new engine that really took them several years to perfect (and of course with the UEFA and WC games, EA got a second crack each year)

Because EA's "new" engine is more established, all they have to do is tweak it. Konami are still really trying to get the fundimentals right (although PES11 is a very good game, so they're getting there)

Konami didn't invest in the engine from the outset, as you say just using the old setup and hoping/thinking that'd do. They were still set up to do things the same way as when they were just making the PS2 version, and next-gen was a step too far. But it was bloody awful.

Konami weren't ready. They'd better be ready next time.

What in FIFA do you find sim based compared to PES? Just interested to hear.

To be fair, the last PES games have teetered between arcade and simulation, with seemingly no clear direction. That goes for the A.I, game speed, mechanics, etc.

Fifa at the very least has had it clear from the start.

Back
Top Bottom