PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

You guys keep talking about how the passing looks wrong and how shooting looks wrong and how it looks wrong.

Well sure it looks wrong but in soccer is there a right??? You can kick the ball however you want as long as it WORKS and in pes it WORKS so stop complaining.

Agreed 100%. As long as you have freedom to build up your attack with many possibilities thanks to the new Ai teammates and more dynamic "pass and move" game, and the game is well balanced defensevely (no insane pressure and so easy tackles full time this time, more skills and logic), i don't see anything wrong.

In pes 2011 some passing animations really looked weird to me. But I trust that this year animations will be fine from wide cam view. Btw, the new camera looks stunning as well.

Last edited:
It's also partly because the defensive system in PES is slightly different to what FIFA does [or did - it's worth noting that this year's FIFA takes a dramatically different approach to defending - Ed.] You can still direct two players to press the guy in possession, but you have to be more artful in when you stab the button to intervene or you won't get anywhere. It's not enough to just be standing in the way. Using defensive pressing is also punished harshly by the opposition, who attack the space you vacate.

Very good to read stuff like that again.

Eurogamer preview etc

i think the tide is turning is Pes favour

I read that a couple of days ago. I thought it was a rubbish preview. He constantly kept referring to Fifa, for which he was berated on the comments section.

Last edited:
I read that a couple of days ago. I thought it was a rubbish preview. He constantly kept referring to Fifa, for which he was berated on the comments section.

Also regarding the 'tide turning'. The tide, which i expect you mean by gaming media circles, is generally full of shit or at least we tend to agree that they have been for a while now with all their 'perfect' descriptions awarded to Fifa for seemingly overlooking glaring issues with the game. So why would you care about them turning to PES? Surely by the same logic you'd deduce that based on that their opinion matters not. It wouldn't exactly instill me with anymore confidence in PES if the were to like the game.

I am the opposite, thought the eurogamer preview finally showed some sort of honesty for that site, the talk of importing WE really put a smile on my face, totally different to the sponsored EA preview of that other mess.

Hope the honesty continues on there but I suspect money will win.

I thought the EG preview was the best of the press tbh. I didn't think it referenced FIFA much at all - sure it came up but he was saying that PES had more edge and excitement. Not sure why people might have thought otherwise.

from wenb

Finally got there, here are the 30 stadiums in PES 2012.

Licensed Stadia

Old Trafford
Wembley Stadium
Camp Nou
Santiago Bernabeu
Stade De France
Stade Lous II
Il Nuovo Stadio Della Juventus
San Siro
Giuseppe Meazza
Stadio Olimpico
Estadio Dragao
Estadio Jose Alvalade
Estadio Da Luz
Amsterdam Arena
El Monumental
Saitama Stadium 2002
Allianz Arena

Unlicensed Stadia

Burg Stadion
Royal London Stadium
Rose Park Stadium
Bristol Mary Stadium
Estadio Del Nuevo Triunfo
Stade De Sagittaire
Stadio Orione
Ville Marie Stadium
Estadio De Escorpiao
Estadio Amazonas
Estadio De Palenque
Konami Stadium
Mohamed Lewis Stadium

and if you add the 20 stadiums in edit mode thats a total of 50,not bad

Not bad at all imo.

Do you think any of the fake stadiums could be based off a real one?Like royal london stadium could be the emirates.

royal london stadium must be emirates stadium. i´ve find out that arsenal was called "royal arsenal" in the beginning of their history.

royal london stadium must be emirates stadium. i´ve find out that arsenal was called "royal arsenal" in the beginning of their history.

i actually think now its stamford bridge as the area in which chelsea is located in london is called the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

i actually think now its stamford bridge as the area in which chelsea is located in london is called the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea

oh sorry, didn´t knew that.:FAIL:

than i think that stamford bridge is more probable.

Last edited:
Was hoping for more spainsh stadiums as they got a full linense.But oh well.We can create them pretty well now as stadium editor is expanded.

But i dont get why WHL isnt in.They have had spurs for 2 years(including this year) yet still no stadium.

They have really nailed CRonaldo's appearance in that video, the attention to detail is pretty amazing.

29fs3yx.gif

Look at all the sharp turns how they fight momentum and simulate the players having to push away with the legs to go the other way. Looks so good.

Now just keep working on the keepers and make all touches unique and error prone and we will have one hell of a football sim game.

Last edited:
They have really nailed CRonaldo's appearance in that video, the attention to detail is pretty amazing.

Look at all the sharp turns how they fight momentum and simulate the players having to push away with the legs to go the other way. Looks so good.

Now just keep working on the keepers and make all touches unique and error prone and we will have one hell of a football sim game.

That's the best thing I've noticed in all those slow motions.It looks so real, the effect players' weight have on them when they're changing directions.

29fs3yx.gif

Great,except that very odd VEIN!!!!!!!

I thought the EG preview was the best of the press tbh. I didn't think it referenced FIFA much at all - sure it came up but he was saying that PES had more edge and excitement. Not sure why people might have thought otherwise.

Yeah you can tell from the subtext that they are getting a bit fed up of FIFA imo. The 11 review wasn't especially positive saying playing it was a bit of a chore and they call it a bit soulless aswell in the pes12 preview.

PES' seems to be very much on it's way back. It may need another year of further animation/transition development for people to get past the initially outdated looking visuals, but if they keep it up the next installment might be up to a mainstream level. Looking at the vids and the extra responsiveness mentioned I think I will be fine with it this year.

STADIUMS WITH FULL LICENSE

Old Trafford
Wembley Stadium
Camp Nou
Santiago Bernabeu
Stade De France
Stade Lous II
The new Juventus stadium
San Siro
Giuseppe Meazza
Stadio Olimpico
Estadio Dragao
Estadio Jose Alvalade
Estadio Da Luz
Amsterdam Arena
El Monumental
Saitama Stadium 2002
Allianz Arena

OTHER STADIUMS

Burg Stadion
Royal London Stadium
Rose Park Stadium
Bristol Mary Stadium
Estadio Del Nuevo Triunfo
Stade De Sagittaire
Stadio Orione
Ville Marie Stadium
Estadio De Escorpiao
Estadio Amazonas
Estadio De Palenque
Konami Stadium
Mohamed Lewis Stadium

but why put 2 stadiums, such as Giuseppe Meazza and San Siro Stadium are the same ..:CONFUSE: :SHOCK:
could add a new one instead of one of them?:P

wearepes preview

main points
there are now 4 different complete different tactics that can be changed during the match by pressing the four different directions
graphically very similar to pes 2011
no latence in responsiveness, every action is extremely responsive to our command
every player movement is now more soft, fluid, a feeling that next gen pes didn't have
pes 2012 can be compared to pes 6, but pes 2012 has more gameplay elements very well conceived and integrated into the game
R2 is very important in this game:it gives the players a lot more movements animations, both in defence and attack
There is a great new animation level, contact engine, battle for the ball
ball physics has been improved a lot, there is a real feeling to have control over the passes, especially with manual passing setting
shooting is good, but sometimes central shots are too feeble
As regards to team mate control the most useful is semiassisted
The game is very balanced between attack and defence: many matches ended with 1:1 or 0:0 scores, and that is thanks to the improved defence
the only unbalanced element is C.Ronaldo who looks like a superhero
Dead ball situations now are extremely better thanks to the new system
cursor is fixed, even in 2vs2 matches

Bad things
goalkeepers, sometimes they are very good, sometimes very weak
crosses from the flank sometimes are scripted, it's too easy to reach the head of the attacker
the game still lacks many animations to give much more variety to the match and to player movement

Conclusion
The game has improved a lot since Pes 2011, it's a giant step in the right direction for Konami, thanks to several gameplay improvements and additions

but why put 2 stadiums, such as Giuseppe Meazza and San Siro Stadium are the same ..:CONFUSE: :SHOCK:
could add a new one instead of one of them?:P

I'm guessing they're doing one in an Inter setup and one in the Milan setup, so they are differentiating them based on that...

When i watch the Anderson's video with that epic song and epic scenes from the game, the first thing that comes to my mind is: pre-order it :SHOCK:

Don't know if you have the same feeling.

I just hope the CPU AI will be different from last year...

crazy pressuring from the CPU all around the pitch and those ultra offensive formation the CPU use is annoying and very unrealistic and not tacticaly simulate the situation cause of the intense pressuring the CPU offer without any fatigue. those 4-1-4-1 formation or those 4-1-4 that I commonly see in master league and with no way of countering the tactic since the pressure and how CPU oppositon closed down space so quickly after they put 10 men forward in a counter-attack.

Dont know if anyone feel me? lool

Was hoping for more spainsh stadiums as they got a full linense.But oh well.We can create them pretty well now as stadium editor is expanded.

But i dont get why WHL isnt in.They have had spurs for 2 years(including this year) yet still no stadium.

EA has a license for WHL I think - it's in the PS2 and PSP versions of FIFA11.

Royal London might be WHL under a different name.

I just hope the CPU AI will be different from last year...

crazy pressuring from the CPU all around the pitch and those ultra offensive formation the CPU use is annoying and very unrealistic and not tacticaly simulate the situation cause of the intense pressuring the CPU offer without any fatigue. those 4-1-4-1 formation or those 4-1-4 that I commonly see in master league and with no way of countering the tactic since the pressure and how CPU oppositon closed down space so quickly after they put 10 men forward in a counter-attack.

Dont know if anyone feel me? lool

I know where you are coming from.

the AI is really annoying to play against at times, but not as much as human vs human in master league online.

The insane double pressure full time and the easy and unlogic tackles from behind with no fouls being called ruined the online experience for me, as well as the stucked teammates players that don't make smart runs or move to safe spaces to counter it.

But the Ai is the key this year, and the CPU will play with more inteligence and reaslism, plus your teammates AI is also vaslty improved, so they are moving into gaps opened by the cpu pressure. Dribbling being way more fluid and intuitive, refs and collision physics being much improved will also help a lot to counter this tatics.

Previews from Rom and rod are positive on this and they have been said that pressure is nowhere as rewardable as is in pes 2011.

John Murphy also said that they have been working on the new fatigue system. So let's wait and see if all these are true when the demo comes out... i trust in the members from here, i'm very confident.

I really hope CPU Ai has more variety and teams play more like their counterparts.

Last edited:
EA has a license for WHL I think - it's in the PS2 and PSP versions of FIFA11.

Royal London might be WHL under a different name.

Thing is, we've not seen any unlicensed real-life stadia in PES on this generation of consoles. It's either fully licensed or completely generic. No more Trad Brick and Red Cauldron.

It makes me think licensing issues are at work for stadia too - i.e. unlicensed versions of real venues are not allowed.

I'd be pretty certain that would be the case with stadiums, there's no chance that either football clubs or governing bodies would allow anything officially owned by them to be reproduced, even in likeness only, without some kind of licence sadly.

Back
Top Bottom