PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Tunizizou is a damn show stealer, these vids were my find! Only joking mate, great work with the stills, Neymar one is stunning!

Btw, If no one does it first, I'm compiling the latest clips into one single vid as we speak.

Tunizizou is a damn show stealer, these vids were my find! Only joking mate, great work with the stills, Neymar one is stunning!

Btw, If no one does it first, I'm compiling the latest clips into one single vid as we speak.

haha :P ,
all-in-one would be nice ... without the guy and his "GOAALL" :FAIL:

no there'll be 14 licenced stadiums like pes 2011 and the other konami stadiums that theyve made up,plus the 20 extra stadiums that can be created in edit mode

OK. Thank's for answer, but Mestalla stadium, I think, it won't be licensed for PES 2012, or am I wrong? :)

You know, this stadium I really miss in the game...

^^ isn't he following the attacker running inside ?
Of course, but why is he doing it with his back to play, several yards off the attacker, with all his momentum committed to going the wrong way? He should be faced up to the ball, preferably tighter to the man he's marking, in between him and the ball, and not so unnecessarily deep that he's on his own goalkeeper's toes. Otherwise that happens. I hope it's not a common occurrence. Gives me horrible memories of FIFA10.

Last edited:
Just watched your PES5 online video, which was very nice by the way, and I have a question for you. At about 3:13 Le Tallec receives a pass whilst jogging backwards:BOP:, how do you do this?
I have wanted this to be in PES for ages, I can see it being very useful but thought it was never an option but I have now seen it done! Was it a one off thing or can everyone do it but me?

just saw this question, just press and hold R2 as you move away...
thx for the positive comment :)

Videos looking nice but i saw some weird animations.
The first one is Neymar's shooting, his leg doesn't do that backwards movement before the shot. I've seen this in some videos of PES2012 and it is on PES2011 too, not only in shooting but crossing aswell. IMO its very unrealistic and you don't see this happends IRL the way it do in PES

The second is that Nani's elastico shot :SHOCK:
edit: his fall after the shot is something i want to see more in PES2012, especially when shooting while running in an poor angle

Last edited:
There are somethings I'd like to see introduced into ML (don't know if any thing has been posted about updates for ML etc but:

- be able to create your own Manager who appears in news reports when you sign players, win trophies and during match cut scenes etc.
- there should a manager of month/year award as well as player of the year.
- as we are all managers in ML we should be given the chance to manage a national team, in a Guus Hiddink at Chelsea style of thing through summer tournaments and qualifers etc
- instead of just team of the year, make into a weekly thing also do it for the Champions League
- I'd like to see the Community Shield and the other countries equivalent of this trophy introduced in the ML.
- pre-season friendlies should return, and also we should be able to host pre-season tournaments like the Emirates and Audi cup, but under the names of the sponors who sponsor your ML team.
- as much as I love the current ML team, I think they should be re-vamped and a new team put in.
- more interaction with the youth team, maybe a youth cup or league running along side the current league season.
- there should be an option to take Regens out of the ML or keep them.
- more Divisions for the players who like to take there team from top to bottom, I don't know how this would work out, but a attempt at working it would be great
- more realistic transfers, C.Ronaldo doing a european tour every ML makes for an entertaining scenario to watch for, but when he signs for a new club every transfer window becomes a bit tedious
- more investment, training grounds, medical facilities and stadium its all good fun playing in Old Trafford in division 2 but would a Division 2 team really be able to pay the maintenance costs for a stadium like that? And having the staff is all good but without the facilities well it would be pointless! Also the maximum capacity and ticket sales should play a bigger part, if you aren't playing well you won't be getting the supporters in, and so ticket sales drop also season tickets so that you can receive a larger boost at the beggining of a season and merchandise, match guides and stuff like that should take place each match as well as beggining of year.
- the stadium investment, should be like start of with a small stadium with like 5k max capicity and then invest to make it grow.
- a weekly highlights show! I want to be able to see all the goals scored in the league each weekend, the game could maybe keep a record and run a goal of the year/week/month competetion in game?
- maybe set it up so you can upload a seasonal update to a ML thread on Konami PES site or other pes sites!
- keep a seasonal and total record of goals, assists and appearances
- pre-match scenes should include fans talking about the game ahead and also the sort of halftime chatting of critics, former players dropping by, obviously optional.
- other clubs should be able to go into Bankruptcy, big clubs becoming small clubs and vice-versa, and getting some media coverage to show this, also pre-season new stories covering teams who are threats etc.

This is a long suggestion list and I hope it doesn't annoy anyone that I posted it, just my ideas. Though they are probably useless cause people may already have posted about the only changes for ML, well whatever happens I can always keep these ideas for 2013 :)

Videos looking nice but i saw some weird animations.
The first one is Neymar's shooting, his leg doesn't do that backwards movement before the shot. I've seen this in some videos of PES2012 and it is on PES2011 too, not only in shooting but crossing aswell. IMO its very unrealistic and you don't see this happends IRL the way it do in PES

The second is that Nani's elastico shot :SHOCK:
edit: his fall after the shot is something i want to see more in PES2012, especially when shooting while running in an poor angle

Honestly think this is nitpicking, both cases look more than fine, nothing really weird.

Honestly think this is nitpicking, both cases look more than fine, nothing really weird.

The Neymar shot looked very bad.How can you say it's nitpicking.The way he shot the ball was weird but it won't necessarily a problem, I don't care about animations this year

The Neymar shot looked very bad.How can you say it's nitpicking.The way he shot the ball was weird but it won't necessarily a problem, I don't care about animations this year

It wasn't bad imo, it was a soft shot and the animation was adequate for the type of shot it was. There was indeed something that didn't look too right in there, but it wasn't about the leg not moving back.

It wasn't bad imo, it was a soft shot and the animation was adequate for the type of shot it was. There was indeed something that didn't look too right in there, but it wasn't about the leg not moving back.

Maybe, but i think this movement is essential at shooting, crossing and even passing. Try to kick a ball whitout doing it and you will see what i'm talking about

btw, thanks for saving me from watch that guy and his stupid poses :LOL:

Last edited:
was this preview from eurogamer posted

Once upon a time, before EA Sports hired the Top Men who masterminded FIFA's revival in the late 2000s, our football-gaming lives were all about Pro Evolution Soccer, and the arrival of each new instalment was the equivalent of what cracking the seal on the tomb of Tutankhamen would have been to archaeologists - except we got to do it annually. Twice annually, if we had chipped PS2s and imported versions of Japanese sister-series Winning Eleven, which of course we did.

Thanks in part to the Konami development team's remoteness and the huge language barrier, new instalments - even of PES, which was made pretty much exclusively for the series' large European audience - often arrived with only ambiguous fanfare, and it was left to gamers to decipher the hieroglyphic subtleties encoded beneath the sands of physics tweaks and improved visuals.

Since FIFA has been top dog, all that has changed. New instalments of EA's series are preceded by detailed descriptions of every new feature, usually badged up by buzz-phrases like "Personality Plus".

I haven't played FIFA 12 yet - although Martin and Nick have both had a crack on it - but I feel like I know it already. The spine of the game is very similar to the robust but slightly soulless FIFA 11, but with a much greater emphasis on the physicality of the players and their interactions, plus "precision dribbling" and "tactical defending", all of which are quite easy to visualise based on the descriptions.

In stark contrast, picking up PES 2012 has been like going back to a more innocent time. It's unpredictable, experimental, and just when you think you've got your head around everything the Konami PR pops up in your email inbox with a PDF of new controls from Japan that you might not have noticed buried in the menus - like the ability to direct off-the-ball runs and burst-run in different directions by holding combinations of the shoulder buttons and bumpers.

The first thing you notice though is the absence of problems you didn't want to notice last time. At a basic level PES 2012 is a much better rounded and more finished game than last year's first stab at a proper reboot for the series.

Last year, the ball seemed able to travel halfway across the pitch without anyone bothering to stick out a leg to intercept it, even when they were clearly within reach. This year you seldom find yourself questioning the AI of computer-controlled teammates or opponents in the same situation - if the ball wasn't good enough to reach the man it was sent to, it will generally be intercepted.

Similarly, while ball physics remain a little rough around the edges, you feel much more in control when you're dribbling – at least to the extent that you would expect to be in control. A great example of this is in one of the training challenges (of which more later), where you have to navigate between cone gates: it's hard to move at speed and master the constant changes of direction because the ball is permanently on the edge of your ability to control it, just as it should be.

Passing and movement in general is fast and precarious compared to FIFA's precise and almost contemplative build-up play - especially if you like playing with the game speed settings - although it's a lot harder to simply race down the wings and score from a ball crossed onto a header.

Squeezing a dramatic shot out of a tight situation feels like a feat of clever passing and close control, and while those situations seem slightly more likely to occur in Konami's game than they do in FIFA, that's partly because you feel like you're always stretching a leg out to remain in control, playing close to the edge of your abilities – rather than just being shut down by defensive harrying and the indiscriminate collision detection from the physics engine blocking your every punt.

It's also partly because the defensive system in PES is slightly different to what FIFA does [or did - it's worth noting that this year's FIFA takes a dramatically different approach to defending - Ed.] You can still direct two players to press the guy in possession, but you have to be more artful in when you stab the button to intervene or you won't get anywhere. It's not enough to just be standing in the way. Using defensive pressing is also punished harshly by the opposition, who attack the space you vacate.

PES does a good job of encouraging a patient approach, where you use the right-trigger defensive modifier to hold up play - what FIFA calls jockeying - instead. Slide-tackling is also very perilous - although this is actually one area where the game still needs work, as replays often suggest you went to ground fairly even though the referee called a foul and took down your name.

You'll learn a lot of this the hard way, of course, getting smacked around online or by your housemates or friends, but the return of training challenges means you can at least spend a bit of time familiarising yourself away from the shop floor. These fun, testing little sequences of play ask you to take penalties and free kicks, and complete attacking and defensive scenarios, scoring you based on speed and accuracy. The only annoying thing is that there aren't more of them in our preview build.

One thing you will certainly linger on among the training challenges is the new off-the-ball controls. These allow you to seize control of a teammate during throw-in and dead-ball situations, creating space by dragging defenders out of position and generally making mischief. What's interesting though is that you can even do this during open play - by pushing the right stick toward the player you want to control and clicking it, you can direct attackers to make runs and precisely select the defender you wish to control at that moment, rather than cycling through nearby players with the left bumper.

Unless you play as my beloved Liverpool, presumably.
This approach isn't entirely new of course - it's there to some extent in FIFA and Konami made great use of it in the Wii versions of PES, the god games of sports simulation - but it will be interesting to see how effective it proves and how it evolves, as it has the potential to grant the player too much influence and unbalance proceedings. We're still getting the hang of it, but right now it looks like you have lots of control of the receiving player's movement but less control of the player taking the kick. In other words, it's easy to direct an onrushing attacker, but quite difficult to pinpoint the cross.

You can also now choose either the left analogue stick or d-pad control for movement, and whichever you don't use is reserved for tactical adjustments (it's still possible to play with both as just movement, but you lose a degree of immediate tactical flexibility.) With a much greater range of movement directions programmed into the game than the eight available on the d-pad, we imagine a lot of people have already upgraded to the analogue stick, but at least purists still have the choice.

Off the pitch, Konami's game is still very enjoyable for the tinkering manager too, inviting you to try to coax better stat totals out of your charges by finding more agreeable positions for them within your tweaked formations. Plus you can still fiddle with variables for support play, and arrange the tactical presets you can switch between using d-pad or analogue stick directions.

There's still a lot to see - online modes, including the Master League, aren't currently active in our preview code - but this is already an interesting update to the promising refit Konami unveiled 18 months ago. It's a lot sturdier than last year's game - we've had a couple of goalkeeping howlers but none of the daisy-chained bicycle kicks of PES 2011 - and that doesn't seem to have come at the expense of the charm and character that we most admired about the last instalment.

FIFA is still out there and we have no reason to expect it won't be a fantastic experience, and probably a game we will continue to play every lunchtime in the office until the next one comes out. But PES 2012 feels different and edgy, and playing it isn't just competition, it's exploration of the unknown - just like it was in the good old days. If last year's PES was a promise of what's to come, this year's is starting to feel more like a credible alternative.

i think the tide is turning is Pes favour

Last edited:
You guys keep talking about how the passing looks wrong and how shooting looks wrong and how it looks wrong.

Well sure it looks wrong but in soccer is there a right??? You can kick the ball however you want as long as it WORKS and in pes it WORKS so stop complaining.

Back
Top Bottom