PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Naah, even though an animation boost is used, the main problem of the 2011's animation can not be eradicate. For example :

1. Player very often freeze after making any pass/heading/trap the ball
2. Player bump each other without any contact animation
3. Player often freeze after being disposes
4. Catch up bug, too slow turn (unbalance between attacker & defender)
5. Weird crossing, some GK, shooting animations.
6. Ball physics

I could go on and on about responsiveness and fluidity :)). Above points often ruins the quite good "core gameplay" experience for me. Other than that i appreciate gameplaypatcher's effort, especially the net. :SMUG:

1. improved, still problematic sometimes
2. much less
3. sometimes
4. been improved a bit
5. much better with animation boost, gk are very good
6. jenkey1002 made 3 different ball physics models, they work great imo! responsiveness and cursor switching improved alot

Heck jenkey1002 even ported some animations from PES2010 :)

I don't like automation in anything tbh.
Take the trick feint links. I think they are just wrong. Pulling off a trick should be down to a players ability to get into a position and pull off an audacious stunt with a calculated button press and movement not a combination of well mapped links. Being able to jockey and hold the space between an attacker and defender is an art in football and this automated addition is a little off putting. I hope it is not as bad as I assume.

I thought the hold up play in 2011 was fine. Holding x and moving the left stick was fine. I took to it like a duck to water.i really cant see why they have changed it. Not so sure at the moment if having shot cancel back in is a good or bad (exploitable) thing.

I'm not 100%, but I don't think it was possible in community mode either.

If you had 4 people, you could set up a 4 team tournament. That would be fine but somewhat limited and lame.

But if these 4 people wanted to play a full 32 team tournament. They'd have to play out games vs the CPU while everyone else watched. If you set all 32 teams to human, you'd have to play out every single game of the tournament.

This will allow you to switch to the CPU side at any time, so you never have to play the CPU. The other players will have fun trying to knock each other out of the tournament, sometimes with considerably weaker teams, which would amp up the fun.

That exactly. It's the only way i play multiplayer PES. It will be easier to call my friends back from fifa if the game deserves it. We used to play these tournaments in pes3 and was incredibly fun. It was absurd that this option was out in the last 4 games, can't understand it...

Take the trick feint links. I think they are just wrong. Pulling off a trick should be down to a players ability to get into a position and pull off an audacious stunt with a calculated button press and movement not a combination of well mapped links. Being able to jockey and hold the space between an attacker and defender is an art in football and this automated addition is a little off putting. I hope it is not as bad as I assume.
:APPLAUD:same here

It's the same system that was in 2011, except less flaky and prone to screwing up.

I didn't use it that often to be honest simply because it doesnt let you decide to show someone wide or inside, but if a player like Messi is running at you at speed then you will thank your lucky stars it's there.

The thing is that it's a lot easier to say that everything should be utterly automated and user controlled than to put it in a game and make it work. Do you feel the same about passing Zee, or shooting? What about tackling - are you advocating a tackle button a la FIFA 12 rather than a press button like PES? Because I've used that system and can confirm it's really painful to use.

It's the left stick as much as anything - sure you can use it in a lot of situations to intercept a loose ball, but there are also a lot of cases where you can't be accurate enough with the stick to home in on the ball precisely. Not being able to walk or refine your movement is part of it and I really hope they add walking to PES 2013, but more fundamentally there's a reason why football games tend to use some guidance to lock you in on loose balls.

It's completely overplaying it to think that the contain system is anything other than a fairly good thing tbh. Timing of tackles is the artform, judging the right moment to step in. Being able to track the movements of players with so many different available running/jogging speeds using defenders with their own set speed options is not.

Completely agree with you drekkard. I never played multiplayer until PES2011 with my two kids..we would lik to play tournaments like that. I simply don't understand why Konami always leave perfectly good features out of their game.

Off-topic, but i feel the need to say this here. About online. Monday i played my first ever online match. I decided suddenly that i wanted to try MLO. It was a fiasco. I lost 7-1. I'm pretty sure that i'm far from a good player (that's why until now i never played online), but this was something different. Due to lag, the game was simply unplayable...i don't know if my oponent (French player) had the same amount of lag, but if he had, he must be a PES-god. I don't mind loosing, even not with 7-1...but if i loose i want to loose due to my own clumsyness and not because the game is unplayable. I'm playing this game since PES1 and my opponent must have thought that it was my first game ever...i was ashamed by the goals i conceded, and yet somehow i scored a fantastic goal (sheer luck).

PS: romagnoli, very good preview, you should do this more often...nice read.

Last edited:
I'm not 100%, but I don't think it was possible in community mode either.

If you had 4 people, you could set up a 4 team tournament. That would be fine but somewhat limited and lame.

But if these 4 people wanted to play a full 32 team tournament. They'd have to play out games vs the CPU while everyone else watched. If you set all 32 teams to human, you'd have to play out every single game of the tournament.

This will allow you to switch to the CPU side at any time, so you never have to play the CPU. The other players will have fun trying to knock each other out of the tournament, sometimes with considerably weaker teams, which would amp up the fun.

That exactly. It's the only way i play multiplayer PES. It will be easier to call my friends back from fifa if the game deserves it. We used to play these tournaments in pes3 and was incredibly fun. It was absurd that this option was out in the last 4 games, can't understand it...

Same here. That's exactly how my mates and I play multiplayer Pes.

So what's it going to be regarding overly attacking fullbacks? Worries have already been raised here. Found this on Murphy's twitter:
http://twitter.com/#!/JonMurphy_PES/status/99162992595308547

Don't like the answer very much ... are we going to have to 'fight' with our own team's AI entire match and cancel unwanted runs?

In 2011, couldn't we alter our tactics/strategy to reduce the aggressiveness, yes ? unless one would not bother with tactics settings, then it is out of question.

I guess what J.M said here is that we are given "another option" to stop our player from running etc. At least, that is what comes to my mind.

Actually this is my chat with pesblog_be guy :

@PESblog_be Hi, is changing different tactis/strategies in-game clearly seen & worked as intended ?

@Thespeedster84 Works like a charm really. D-pad right to switch between 4 tactics. Other dpad sides for offside trap, overlap & switch side

For a note, this is what i hope that all related card and player related stats works as intended i.e individuality. and if you want to have defender want to overlap as much as he can. Put him in LWB not LB, vice versa.

Last edited:
new penalty system??

see:
4b0e34f54ce0079b761d7dc47dcdd806.jpg

So what's it going to be regarding overly attacking fullbacks? Worries have already been raised here. Found this on Murphy's twitter:

Don't like the answer very much ... are we going to have to 'fight' with our own team's AI entire match and cancel unwanted runs?

In 2011 the mentality (Def, Bal and Off) plays a big part in how often they attack/support.

If you set your team up to play with wide width then that plays a big part too.

same crap was in PES 6 and you had to disable SBs, making them CBs :S, horrible solution and horrible response imo...

Just watched your PES5 online video, which was very nice by the way, and I have a question for you. At about 3:13 Le Tallec receives a pass whilst jogging backwards:BOP:, how do you do this?
I have wanted this to be in PES for ages, I can see it being very useful but thought it was never an option but I have now seen it done! Was it a one off thing or can everyone do it but me?

Last edited:

This is something that bothered me when I first saw a video of the new game, especially as there is no proper stamina system to prevent constant attacking runs.

It's the same system that was in 2011, except less flaky and prone to screwing up.

I didn't use it that often to be honest simply because it doesnt let you decide to show someone wide or inside, but if a player like Messi is running at you at speed then you will thank your lucky stars it's there.

The thing is that it's a lot easier to say that everything should be utterly automated and user controlled than to put it in a game and make it work. Do you feel the same about passing Zee, or shooting? What about tackling - are you advocating a tackle button a la FIFA 12 rather than a press button like PES? Because I've used that system and can confirm it's really painful to use.

It's the left stick as much as anything - sure you can use it in a lot of situations to intercept a loose ball, but there are also a lot of cases where you can't be accurate enough with the stick to home in on the ball precisely. Not being able to walk or refine your movement is part of it and I really hope they add walking to PES 2013, but more fundamentally there's a reason why football games tend to use some guidance to lock you in on loose balls.

It's completely overplaying it to think that the contain system is anything other than a fairly good thing tbh. Timing of tackles is the artform, judging the right moment to step in. Being able to track the movements of players with so many different available running/jogging speeds using defenders with their own set speed options is not.
Dunno what you on about actually :P If I cant do this it sucks
YouTube - Ryan Giggs Goal- FA CUP Semifinal vs Arsenal '99 I want to be Ryan Giggs and for the opposition to be able to shadow me will require them to track back at an angle and try to read my movement.

I hate automation, goalkicks, goal keeper throw ins, sliding with a players stronger foot all the time regardless of where he is sucks. I am not saying I want everything totally manual but the balance needs to be in favour of a player that understands the game better.

Regarding players making unwanted runs especially sidebacks, they need to include invidual tactics adjusting the attack and defence level of indivudal players could easily solve this problem which also exists in Pes 2011. A fatigue/stamina system could also prevent players from constanstly making runs forward it would also add more depth to the game starting aggressive or more defence choosing when to pressure and not being able to constanly sprint all the time, I wonder did they improve these features? Since I havent seen much talk about them yet.

Although this is speculation but to me it seems Konami is focusing on different aspects making the game more accessible with the "trigger runs". There's nothing wrong with that and the game will be great no doubt but will unfortunately still have arcade like gameplay mechanics pes 2011 had.

Last edited:
Dunno what you on about actually :P If I cant do this it sucks
YouTube - Ryan Giggs Goal- FA CUP Semifinal vs Arsenal '99 I want to be Ryan Giggs and for the opposition to be able to shadow me will require them to track back at an angle and try to read my movement.

I hate automation, goalkicks, goal keeper throw ins, sliding with a players stronger foot all the time regardless of where he is sucks. I am not saying I want everything totally manual but the balance needs to be in favour of a player that understands the game better.

And I don't think the R2+X prevents that at all.

Regarding players making unwanted runs especially sidebacks, they need to include invidual tactics adjusting the attack and defence level of indivudal players could easily solve this problem which also exists in Pes 2011. A fatigue/stamina system could also prevent players from constanstly making runs forward it would also add more depth to the game starting aggressive or more defence choosing when to pressure and not being able to constanly sprint all the time, I wonder did they improve these features? Since I havent seen much talk about them yet.

Although this is speculation but to me it seems Konami is focusing on different aspects making the game more accessible with the "trigger runs". There's nothing wrong with that and the game will be great no doubt but will unfortunately still have arcade like gameplay mechanics pes 2011 had.
Does it exist in PES2011? I mean, can we set player support individually?

Back
Top Bottom