PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

About the new leagues/teams, why are Konami not creating enough fake teams and leagues so that through the edit mode we'd be able to recreate a few authentic leagues ? Why always this business of swapping teams ?

Grave ! (je trouvais pas d'équivalent en anglais :P)

The way Konami manage their database is really weird..ID players change every year, some players are removed, then brought back 2 years later etc...

I still expect them to put a completely fake Bundesliga, with fake names, fake appearance, even fake nationality, but authentic stats. Some will say there are OF but...no ! We cannot always fix Konami's work. By the way, in order to keep the balance of the game, it would be better if we had "official" stats for missing players.

Let's imagine a fake team, supposed to be Borussia Dortmund. First, they could use a totally fake name, let's say 'Team PES01' and use pink/blue colours for this team.
When it comes to players, they could set their nationality to "free", use fake appearance, and names. How could we do to recognize who is who ?
If height/position/stats are not enough, Konami could give us a hint by using this name format : PLAYER001025. "001" could indicate the team, and "025" the number the player has in real life. So if team 001 is supposed to be Borussia Dortmund, player 025 should be Owomoyela.
They could do this for every Bundesliga teams without any violation of law.

im a huge fan of ML, but trying to catch up on the discussions regarding it is confusing me!
can anyone give me a sort of round up of what they are doing with it for 2012 please? :)

Yeah, I love ML this year but the transfers aren't ideal. I doubt they'll be changed though. I don't see the point in the game's player valuations - one player might be 'valued' at £300,000 yet your scout can never negotiate a fee under £3-4 million for example. In my ML, Messi is 'valued' by my scout at £5m, but I don't think even in PES you can buy him for a more realistic £40m or so. Why the scout's initial values are so messed up, I'm not sure.

I'm pretty sure that 'market value' in 2011 is an indicator of player's yearly salary, and not the amount of cash you have to fork out to buy him.

About the new leagues/teams, why are Konami not creating enough fake teams and leagues so that through the edit mode we'd be able to recreate a few authentic leagues ? Why always this business of swapping teams ?

Because Konami are out of touch with most people's desires when it comes to anything but gameplay. It makes no sense as to why they wouldn't include what you suggested. None at all, but unfortunately that applies to a lot of different things outside of gameplay too.

Some examples - Kit mix and matching, weather options, customisable leagues, referee selection, crowd capacity option etc no need to go on and on.

I'm not saying these are major things at all but it does reinforce the concept that Konami make some damn strange decisions when it comes to not adding in things that should be in the game. Stranger still when it's things that were in old iterations of the game like my examples. I have to question how the team at Konami are organised. Surely they have sections of the staff dedicate to different things i.e a group for gameplay, a group for audio design, a group for game modes, a group which is focussed on editing and editing options, a group dedicate to coding online gameplay etc. What the hell are the group concerned with editing doing year on year.

Last edited:
I believe Konami have a relatively small team working on PES; it's possible that there is no dedicated group working on Edit Mode or anything similar. Maybe those decisions are made late in the day, in a hurry, and based more on what will fit into the new code easily rather than long-term punter-pleasing? Just a guess - I have no idea.

I've still not heard a proper explanation as to why kit mix-and-matching was removed, though. I could believe that maybe third kits aren't in because it would involve paying more money to license them (seems odd, but it's plausible), rather than just out of laziness. If that's the case, it's possible that mix-and-matching violates some licensing agreement, but if so that seems pretty stupid to me. Suppose it could be a technical issue, but I don't really see how unless the kit templates have changed significantly (and I don't think they have). It used to be simple because the shorts were in a certain section of the kit png, and the cpu just isolated that section and used the data from two different pngs appropriately. If that didn't cause any problems on PS2, I'm not sure how it would be harder on PS3... but again, that's not really my area of expertise.

I could understand snow causing problems if it altered ball physics (which it should) - but it never did, just as heavy rain in the current game doesn't make any difference to the play, just to graphics. Would be nice to see snow round the edges of the pitch again, though let's face it, how often do you actually see snow on the pitch itself these days? Very rare at the highest level, because undersoil heating usually gets rid of it, and if it doesn't the game is often called off.

One thing I've never understood: why is there no rain in Champions League mode? If you play a friendly the option is disabled, and in ML / League Mode it never happens. Plenty of Champions League games are played in the rain, seeing as it's a tournament that takes place in Europe in the winter... did UEFA insist on this in case it tarnished the brand or something? Bloody ridiculous.

To be fair they've gone the gameplay route this year and I can't complain if the game is as good as it sounds.

Next year, Animations, Graphics, More Fakes League and BAL improvements with polish to the gameplay would be fine.

Yeah I think new leagues and other changes such as adding snow etc are going to be something that is likely to happen in 2013. Judging by what I've read, they have NAILED the gameplay, so it won't need a massive overhaul for 2013, would be great if Konami took time going through all our other requests, and implement them.

Things such as:-

new fake/licensed leagues - stuff like greek, turkish, swedish, norwegian, finnish etc (bear in mind the bigger leagues probably have exclusivity) - I'm sure it can't be a problem for them to
expand the Option File further in size.

Adjusting the replay system back to how it was

Allowing custom kit changes incase of kit clash

More cinematics, particulary for injuries, such as players being carried off or hobbling off with an injury being assisted by 2 physios,

ML improvements such as doing swap deals, ie money + player for another player). Would also be cool if you took a player on loan, rather than him automatically returning to his previous club, you could be asked if you wish to allow him to return to his old club or if you'd like to try buying him

Real life season fixtures

Addressing problems like playing 3 away games in a row and then 2 at home

Stamina improvements with Stamina based on a combination of match fitness, suitability to chosen position in Starting XI, amount of First Team football, ratings in previous matches. I find it ridiculous that a player who scores a hattrick one game, becomes a purple down arrow for the next game, it makes no sense at all, the whole mentality thing is messed up.

Adding snow or dynamic weather in the game, mud on shorts etc in rainy conditions

Can't think of what else right now :)

Last edited:
Grave ! (je trouvais pas d'équivalent en anglais :P)

The way Konami manage their database is really weird..ID players change every year, some players are removed, then brought back 2 years later etc...

I still expect them to put a completely fake Bundesliga, with fake names, fake appearance, even fake nationality, but authentic stats. Some will say there are OF but...no ! We cannot always fix Konami's work. By the way, in order to keep the balance of the game, it would be better if we had "official" stats for missing players.

Let's imagine a fake team, supposed to be Borussia Dortmund. First, they could use a totally fake name, let's say 'Team PES01' and use pink/blue colours for this team.
When it comes to players, they could set their nationality to "free", use fake appearance, and names. How could we do to recognize who is who ?
If height/position/stats are not enough, Konami could give us a hint by using this name format : PLAYER001025. "001" could indicate the team, and "025" the number the player has in real life. So if team 001 is supposed to be Borussia Dortmund, player 025 should be Owomoyela.
They could do this for every Bundesliga teams without any violation of law.

I agree with everything.Like other said Konami must have some difficulties somewhere for them not to expand PES database

I must misunderstand something, because i don't see why that would be usefull...please explain why this is a good thing.

I think it is useful for people that play tournaments or ML together with friends. Then when your team doesn't play you can control the CPU team against your friend when his team is playing.

Me neither, according to the previews the edit mode doesn't seem to have changed at all... maybe they decided to save it for Gamescom? Hope so.

thats actually good news for us filemakers,means we will be able to load up our pes2011 data to pes 2012,so that will be kits,teams,players,emblems,faces and all the other stuff created on our pes2011 files. The same thing happened with 2011 being able to load up pes2010 data

thats actually good news for us filemakers,means we will be able to load up our pes2011 data to pes 2012,so that will be kits,teams,players,emblems,faces and all the other stuff created on our pes2011 files. The same thing happened with 2011 being able to load up pes2010 data

Well, not sure if it directly means that, just meant that it hasn't changed much in terms of additions and other stuff. According to Adam, they did added a few new kit templates, and the classic "short shorts" to the Pes Shop, which is a nice addition. Oh, and "bowl like" stadiums in the stadium editor. But the slot limit should have at least been upgraded lol.

ketchup, chilli or bbq? what source?

in final code you can

this is by Jon Murphy
Seen people asking to take control of CPU teams. We didn't have time for it last year and it isn't in the preview code
Very pleased to say CPU control will be in final code! If that makes you happy then sent a comment

Konami listens ;)

Ameppe, your original reply was to the question of if we can move from one club to another club (or change jobs) in ML mode.
You said we couldn't, causing a few negative reactions. However, I don't think this has been officially announced yet has it?

hey, i just saw the two new gameplay vids for pes2012, first time my interest has been perked since next-gen, has anyone else noticed the nets are different now? i cant see anyone talking about it but they almost look like the old football kingdom nets and there is no stupid elastic net physics like in previous pes, at least from what i saw

Ameppe, your original reply was to the question of if we can move from one club to another club (or change jobs) in ML mode.
You said we couldn't, causing a few negative reactions. However, I don't think this has been officially announced yet has it?

Yeah it wasn't, it was the guy that has the PC preview version from Pesblog.be that said he was pretty sure it wasn't possible. But to be honest I don't think the ML he had in his code is final. I'll explain why:

The PC version of the preview code is the only one with Football Life enabled, which that guy described as "just a name" that included the ML, BAL and Club Manager in it, not a career mode like some assumed. Adam told him that wasn't true, assuming that, although it's enabled in the PC code, the actual "Football Life" mode isn't there yet.

If it's indeed what some people assume it is, a career mode like in FIFA, where you start as a player, then as manager, and then as a Club Boss, then I think it would make much sense if you could change teams when you got to the Master League mode, no? Bleh, maybe not :P:COAT:

not yet announced, but it's not in preview code
sorry, i confused the two things, they were two things missing causing people to moan

Well, not sure if it directly means that, just meant that it hasn't changed much in terms of additions and other stuff. According to Adam, they did added a few new kit templates, and the classic "short shorts" to the Pes Shop, which is a nice addition. Oh, and "bowl like" stadiums in the stadium editor. But the slot limit should have at least been upgraded lol.

the slot png limit was unlimited for kits in pes 2011,its only the emblem slots that konami seem to be having trouble with, i suppose it being 51 this year is better than the 40 it was last year

thx god someone cares about edit mode and more leagues :)

here is latest john murphy twitter, very nice!

JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
Got to sign off, but rest assured we'll be working on keepers right up until release. We've seen the feedback

hey, i just saw the two new gameplay vids for pes2012, first time my interest has been perked since next-gen, has anyone else noticed the nets are different now? i cant see anyone talking about it but they almost look like the old football kingdom nets and there is no stupid elastic net physics like in previous pes, at least from what i saw

watch this at 6:00min

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71JFOx_Hw_M

Also new video is up, hold up play looks amazing imo!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hLu9SgjrJgM&feature=channel_video_title

That hold-up play does look good! I saw that the new FIFA has a version of this in, however as expected the AI surrounding the holding defender and attacking player looked static and it seemed like they were ball-watching. Didn't see that with the PES vid above.

With the subtle off-the-ball controls coming in too this year, defending should be far better.

watch this at 6:00min

nice, these could be the best nets since ps2 days, net freaks will be happy

i still think the animation engine is terrible but im so sick of the disgustingly bad ai in fifa...if they can just hold it together to make it feel believable i might give it a go this year. having said that i hoped for the same thing last year and ended up with two fundamentally flawed games once again.

play PES 2011 with animation boost by jenkey1002 and with yair gameplay modified .exe i assure you animations arent that bad, now with pes2012 they will be even better. PES 2012 is going to be great platform for community to make our adjustments and modifications.. Well at least for PC version.

PES2013 should have a theme about new animations engine, now after PES2012 AI upgrades its time to make it look more fluid like fifa and its PES6 in next gen.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom