PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Well since it is a guess I did discuss dlc with them last year, said they need to move it on and make stadiums downloadable, make things like a premier league pack, obviously calling them Merseyside Blue Park etc to get around licensing and they were in some kind of agreement that they need to do more.

I would pay for extra authentic stadiums to be fair, hopefully will happen.

I've just had an email from Amazon uk, stating that the item's (PES2012 PC DVD) new estimated arrival date is 17-19 Oct.

So the bad news is possibly something else.

Last edited:
They'd be scoring a massive own goal if they removed a whole league or reduced team slots, really hope that's not the case, they've had Premiership with dummy names etc as a league for virtually the whole series so why would they change it now? makes no sense.

So much bloody speculating....also so much talk about Adam all the time, rather annoying -.-

The body feint is so isolated to the event, looks pretty bad. Just like in 2011 where one animation has to complete before the next can start, and not blend together like in FIFA.

I really don't see that, it looks pretty fluid to me. Plus what you do directly has an impact on the way your player moves, unlike FIFA. As for that video, aren't these features already in PES2011, just done in a slightly different way? I use R2 to jockey, and tackle by manually positioning the defender sometimes while doing this. And I also use feints when standing still. None of these are really new features as such, but it's good to see they're still there at least!

I guess he did a body feint first, then did a second that went over to the sprinting away diagonally? If so I guess it looks OK, couldn't really tell that he did a second body feint.

PES still has a lot to do with dribbling animation, especially when turning. Sometimes they still don't use proper foot animation to gather back the ball to running path. It is also when the ball knocked ahead by foot behind instead of in front as if they are free running with ball. I would call it dribbling foot rhythm. :P

I remember in 2011, while sprint dribbling, some players have their front foot animated to knock the ball ahead, but the ball is actually knocked by the opposite one (positioned at the back). :JAY:

Btw anyone here knows the tech terms for fifa's animation engine and PES one based on how they docand put the animation together ?

Last edited:
Btw anyone here knows the tech terms for fifa's animation engine and PES one based on how they docand put the animation together ?

FIFA uses Autodesk HumanIK (IK is inverse kinematics) as a base for their animations. But they talk a lot about their ANT System (I think), which is some sort of in-house thing they've done. Battlefield 3 will use it too. Maybe it's built on top of HumanIK, I have no idea.

As far as I know, PES uses their own in-house IK solution and has been throwing around Flow block-motion (I think) as some sort of system they've built up to deal with faster response times. I guess it deals with the IK and blending stuff together (by speeding up part of animations I think I've heard).

Just had a look on the WENB boards and everyone's favourite power-tripping "PES Messiah" is talking about his preview code, saying he's about to start importing kits in Edit Mode. Guess that's not the OMG-bad-news.

Sigh of relief... and lecture to self about reading too much of this bollocks PES hype when bored...

You're sure of it as in, it's your main guess, or have you asked around? :P

Just a strong feeling, is there some sort of embargo on bad news? Wouldn't of thought Konami would want to broadcast bad news as news.

"We are happy to announce that we are sad to announce"

Thrilling stuff.

well, it can't be about the edit mode since many have said there will be big announcements regarding edit mode.

I don't see a problem if you have to pay for extra. i am not into extra's but if you have to pay for online and such that's ridiculous, i don't thinks it's that either. I think it won't even have that great of an impact.

Considering the 'PES messiah' was supposedly warned by Konami about dropping hints, and informed us that Konami were all over his forums, true to form he then blurts out this 'news'. On another attention seeking trip I see. :TD:

Anyway, I think the key part is he said it will infuriate 'some' of the fans. Something as massive as the loss of/dumbing down of edit mode would surely infuriate 'all' of the fans. Master League could fall into this category too (although I don't play it personally).

Loss of licences wouldn't be a huge issue if the edit mode is still flexible.

I would actually welcome a later release date for the selfish reason that Forza 4 comes out on the 14th October, which could clash with PES (as it did two years ago - I didn't know which game to play first). I'm actually more pumped for Forza 4 than PES so I could cope with a month or two delay.

Regarding DLC - I would positively welcome it.

Darthkebab seems confident it's to do with the lack of a beta. In which case I couldn't care less. No big deal to me, I don't want to play the game too much before release and feel as though I've seen everything it has to offer.

Yeah the beta loss is no big deal, helped me when I was out of work last year but became dead in he last week or so, don't forget my 7-0 beating though :(

Still was good to play the game at such an early stage

Thing is that Beta last year was to test out how MLO would run, it was successful as it ran pretty well. There no need for a test this year since it works!

FIFA uses Autodesk HumanIK (IK is inverse kinematics) as a base for their animations. But they talk a lot about their ANT System (I think), which is some sort of in-house thing they've done. Battlefield 3 will use it too. Maybe it's built on top of HumanIK, I have no idea.

As far as I know, PES uses their own in-house IK solution and has been throwing around Flow block-motion (I think) as some sort of system they've built up to deal with faster response times. I guess it deals with the IK and blending stuff together (by speeding up part of animations I think I've heard).

Thx Gab :))

Back
Top Bottom