PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I believe they'll still be on the RS.

To trigger a run with the RS I'm fairly sure you need to press it in first, so click then flick for a run.

If you don't click I'd assume it's just the same...

The fluidity seems like it's there now, to a very good level. I can very much seem them doing a far better job at demonstrating tricks than FIFA this year. They will show just how over the top the FIFA tricks actually are.

Interesting that one guy over at WEMB criticized the video saying they still look robotic compared to FIFA, which i find very bizarre. In general it occurs to me FIFA just looks 'better' certainly not in a realistic sense at all. Only in a purely 'gamer' aesthetic sense because FIFA does not bother with realistic foot planting or body momentum shifting. FIFA just just makes everything look pretty.

Have to say again I'm just so impressed with that M'Vila animation. I've been waiting for this for a very long time in a game. FIFA has this really awful talking issue where the responsiveness is so high and with the issue of inertia and momentum being so bad, than you can tackle a player and he can recover in time for him to re-tackle you then sprint off ahead.

Last edited:
Pes 2012 sounds so good so far, but main concerns are:

Is tackling as skilless as in pes 2011 ?

Will there be a proper fatigue system affects players indiidually ?

Will second pressure be abuse as in pes 2011 ?

Only time will tell. That's on the things i hate most in football games nowdays. The defence part of the game is noob friendly (INCLUDING PES 2011).

Not sure what to make of that video, he says that response times have improved but were they bad in 2011? I think they have gone the FIFA route at the expense of the great feeling of inertia that 2011 had. The problem with 2011 is that you had no momentum and it sort of cancelled out the feeling of weight the players had. 2012 did not need quicker response times it need a proper physics engine.

Not sure what to make of that video, he says that response times have improved but were they bad in 2011? I think they have gone the FIFA route at the expense of the great feeling of inertia that 2011 had. The problem with 2011 is that you had no momentum and it sort of cancelled out the feeling of weight the players had. 2012 did not need quicker response times it need a proper physics engine.

he says reponse times for turns have been improved, that was one part were Pes needed quicker reactions

It was the footwork that was pretty sluggish in 2011. You can make them have quicker feet and still have the same simulation of inertia.

Edit: From the leaked videos it does kind of look like they have toned down the inertia/momentum though, which makes it look a bit more like FIFA. Adam did tweet about the preview code he is playing that it plays very slow much like PES 2011, so it might be better in the latest code.

Last edited:
Yeah, one on one vids looking good :)) . I love seeing those wrong-footed defenders :APPLAUD:

Now onto my rants, "Player contact animation".

From early leaked videos, we sometimes see a player on the ball and the defender use their hand to push each other..

But, there is still some inconsistency when a player try to push other player's body with his arm, the second player is just in normal running animation like nothing happen to them as in 1:29 1 on 1 video.:YAWN: It occassionally happens in the early leaked videos in one on one during off the ball control stuff.

@Lami,
If you got the time, would you mind reporting it to konami staff when you get the code please ? as it would add a bit realism consistency thx.

I'll also try to report this to some other people.

Last edited:
I dont see PES losing its inertia or momentum any time soon. Lets be honest, they showed a huge set of cahoonas in PES 2010 with the first touch. That system went completely against the more popular Fifa approach of silky smooth touches across the board. It was a risk, and many dubbed it robotic and unresponsive. They then took it a step further in PES 2011 and added inertia. Again, this went against the casual grain, but Konami stuck with their ideology. I dont for one second see them changing their beliefs now, at a time when the PES series is becoming more widely acknowledged and accessible. It wouldnt make sense. People are being educated, and there are alot more lessons in football technique to come from the masters yet.

Last edited:
Well at least we all get to play it first time via the demo, pretty sure Europe isn't split across the two main platforms.

Well the momentum and inertia is there to see in the video with the defenders being wrong footed and having to shift themselves to get going again. Looks good, it was there in PES 2011 it's still there in 2012 which is nice to see.

It won't look as good as FIFA 12 because FIFA 12 will not bother to try and show momentum and inertia. It will only focus on the sexy stuff like it's some sort of football Hollywood movie.

Last edited:
That trick used by David Silva is really weird.Specially his 2nd touch, inhuman like
Is it a 'elastico'? The way he moves his legs is so unrealistic, and you can see that it's the only trick played in a faster speed.

Btw, when the demo was released last year?

I have a hard time believing this game will come out in September. I remember last year they announced an early release date on gamescom and in the end nothing was true. It seems i was right about the so called bad news being bles related. Well guess we have to wait for a good patch this year, again!!!

All i want in pes 2012 is that online gameplay is not as mediocre as in pes 2011. The last two days has been the worst experience ever. As bad as fifa.

Worst ai ever, uncapabe o anticipations and interceptions, terribe ai positioning, manual passing is just useful on the wings, impossible to play slow build up play, terrible reaction times, impossible to colect loose balls, terible pasing physiscs, so on rails, it's al bout pressure wit 2 players...

to sum up, worst game ever hahaha..

All i want in pes 2012 is that online gameplay is not as mediocre as in pes 2011. The last two days has been the worst experience ever. As bad as fifa.

Worst ai ever, uncapabe o anticipations and interceptions, terribe ai positioning, manual passing is just useful on the wings, impossible to play slow build up play, terrible reaction times, impossible to colect loose balls, terible pasing physiscs, so on rails, it's al bout pressure wit 2 players...

to sum up, worst game ever hahaha..

At times Regular AI really is that bad, i understand mate :)

I'm simulating these champions leagues because me and my brother cant be fucked to play them we want to get to the Spurs Group and i tell you it's such a shame they don't under Top Player and 15 minutes online! really is such a shame!

At times Regular AI really is that bad, i understand mate :)

I'm simulating these champions leagues because me and my brother cant be fucked to play them we want to get to the Spurs Group and i tell you it's such a shame they don't under Top Player and 15 minutes online! really is such a shame!

My latest 3 matchs were not that bad. I got very nervous with such silly AI mistakes and lack of controll over´players to anticipate to my opponent plays.

But i got much better in my latest matchs. However, it still is so frustrating the fact that online gameply could be much better in pes 2011, but it's not, imo it rewards very simlimistic and noob play.

I won't keep playing pes 2011 that much next month. I'm bored with the offline and online has been rustrating, lots o silly goals conceeded, no time on the ball to play the way i'd like too, there are too much noob holding second player pressure etc...

I can imagine when i download the pes 2012 demo, i won't touch pes 2011. :))

Last edited:
Klash there is no momentum, you release the sprint button when you are running flat out and the player will instantly slow to a jog. I have been playing 2011 this week, first time since xmas, I found that the lack of momentum was massively counter intuitive when dribbling. I was expecting it and adjusting my actions for it and found the results were like I was playing with lead boots. One of the things pes desperately needs is real momentum and analog sprinting,it will take the game to a new level imo.

Klash there is no momentum, you release the sprint button when you are running flat out and the player will instantly slow to a jog.

Off the ball there certainly is momentum, on the ball yes, they go into a jog when you release the sprint button, but wait, Holding sprint with the ball isn't running flat out, or where you talking about off the ball sprinting?

I said all year the issue lack of animations and transitions. Players at times skip momentum with a crap warp transition.

For me pes 2011 is unplayable now. How can I get so bad one day ater another... One day i win like 9 matchs out o 10, the following day is completetly the opposite.

I had some great games but thats it, i'm sick of it. Sick of second pressure and noob friendly tackling system with lenient refs , sick o dead Ai being unable to intercept a single pass or unable to anticipate to a bad pass from my opponent, or to a manual pass when i'm on attack, sick o Ai not moving and getting in proper space to keep possession, sick of all lack of dynamism that limit my play style wich is far more complex, sick o arcadish game that does not force people to make more lateral passes with intelligent moves, it's all about high paced passing game holding down 1-2 and waiting for a striker to move to make an uninterceptable trhough pass.

Way too arcade. Offline is decent but AI does not even touch the ball, so boring!

Come on pes 2012, do your work. Pes 2011 was good and has it's potential, a great move forward for pes series, but it's awful in some important aspects.

Konami, you son of bitch, this time don't mess up wih the game like you did after pes 2011 demo.

Pes 2011 graphics - 8.5
Gamplay offline 7.0
online - 5.0
lastin appeal - 8.0
Final score - 7,1

Waiting for a true hardcore sim game (offline AND online)... I'll keep dreaming.

Last edited:
I didn't bother with PES 11' Online, I just thought it was one iteration too soon as a lot of stuff made it unplayable for me. Offline was a very enjoyable though but that got old after I won everything in ML.

:CONFUSE:
I didn't bother with PES 11' Online, I just thought it was one iteration too soon as a lot of stuff made it unplayable for me. Offline was a very enjoyable though but that got old after I won everything in ML.

Yeah mate, you are right. Don't waste your time going online.

IN my last two games i've been noticing that many people use very odd formations as well...

People put like 6 players behind the line and when i go to attack there are like 10 men in defence line and my attackers are always behind them. Very hard or almost imposible to find space, then he gtes counter, pass to a fast winger and goal.

Cheap tatics, cheap goals and to make it even worse the game rewards second pressure noobs and high paced passing game. The result is: crap experience.:TTTH:

My last 3 games were exacltly like this. I won't play anymore as i also got sick of playing offline (boring AI).

Bye pes 2011, it was good untill it lasted. Some fun games, brilliant in some aspects but some other rustrating matchs (online) and awful in other aspects.

I'm waiting pes 2012 to be the game. :PRAY:

Last edited:
If any of you play Pes on 360, add Nirvana976, if u want 15 or 20 mns attempts to play proper football, with varied teams and tactics. Off topic, i know, but i just can´t stand online play in this game.

Back
Top Bottom