PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

As for the bad news.

As Adam mentioned, it will be announced, or at least it will be in the news soon.

I think no company is stupid enough to announce, that they removed / had to remove some features.

KONAMI never announced lost licenses, removed features, etc..

These make me think, that it has to be release date / demo / beta / online related.

If that proves true I will be happy.

What would make me upset is not lost licenses either, but a restriction of the edit-mode. That would be a disaster.

Would the return of Mark Lawrenson infuriate 'some', as in the English speaking fans?

I agree that we shouldn't be thinking of something as massive as a buggered edit mode or unshareable OFs or whatever people are bandying about on various forums. It should be something contentious, rather than suicidal.

Online pass? I'd be absolutely fine with that, if the online servers are lag free and stable. I would have paid a fiver for that to be the case for PES 2011, but it wasn't to be.

Remember last year this place had loads of new members asking for beta codes, haha, don't think I have seen them since!

This thread is rapidly losing any form of respectable and thought out opinion.

A large amount of in fighting quite obvious too. I would think that would be best scaled down before a mod has to intervene.

Back to the game though i really cant see the point in second guessing the future lets deal with facts. So far it looks good.

Remember last year this place had loads of new members asking for beta codes, haha, don't think I have seen them since!

Can I have a beta code?

mob.gif

I've always found it refreshing that KONAMI don't charge the consumer anything other then the price of the game - while EA are always looking for ways to make some extra $$ on top of the price of the game. Therefore PES12 might well see KONAMI going down the track of EA and charging us for downloadable content?

I only play ML offline so I'm hoping ML has been improved not stripped back (I'm fine with them renaming it again if it means lots of new additions to the mode).

I've always found it refreshing that KONAMI don't charge the consumer anything other then the price of the game - while EA are always looking for ways to make some extra $$ on top of the price of the game. Therefore PES12 might well see KONAMI going down the track of EA and charging us for downloadable content?

I only play ML offline so I'm hoping ML has been improved not stripped back (I'm fine with them renaming it again if it means lots of new additions to the mode).

It puzzles me why DLC is often treated with disdain by sections of the gaming community. As long is DLC is, as it should be - additional content - and not integral to the core experience then why shouldn't Konami jump on the DLC bandwagon? It's a path that almost every other major developer has been treading for many years now.

If Konami come out with a DLC pack say two months after release with a few new stadia, some new balls, additions for the edit mode, third kits etc....then why is that a bad thing? You either chose to buy it or you don't.

I for one would welcome regular DLC for a reasonable price if it helps keep the game fresh and adds to the experience. However I don't think DLC has anything to do with the bad news in any way, just thought I'd speak up in favour of it.

Last edited:
If Konami come out with a DLC pack say two months after release with a few new stadia, some new balls, additions for the edit mode, third kits etc....then why is that a bad thing? You either chose to buy it or you don't.

I for one would welcome regular DLC for a reasonable price if it helps keep the game fresh and adds to the experience.

When games developers remove content from the full release version solely with the intention of making more money through DLC then there's no way to condone such an action IMO. Despite that DLC 2-3-4 months down the line is arguably fine because it suggests that the content was never going to be in the full release anyway and therefore has been specially developed after the game's release. That's how i see it.

An online pass is fine to echo what Rom said. It's hard to argue against it because of the ruthless way stores try to sell pre-owned games for about £2 less than the rrp so that they make money whilst the developers lose a potential full sale.

Last edited:
For all those (myself included) hoping to see Borussia Dortmund licensed in PES 2012,

@AFraser Adam Fraser
Borussia Dortmund sign €200,000 deal with EA Sports, taking in various advertising rights and pitchside Playstation competitions...
Obviously its not 100% confirmed but its not looking good.

For all those (myself included) hoping to see Borussia Dortmund licensed in PES 2012,

Obviously its not 100% confirmed but its not looking good.

Bad news, f***** EA:RANT: they already have the full and exclusive bundesliga license ! I know, this is competition but I really dislike the way EA behave as a firm, using sly moves in order to sabotage the competition...

Nothing was showing up and the titles were irrelevant. Now I see it yes and spoilered it for you. Please do that if you're going to post more pics.

Last edited:
I think the City deal is a bit different, money definitely wasn't mentioned.

It puzzles me why DLC is often treated with disdain by sections of the gaming community. As long is DLC is, as it should be - additional content - and not integral to the core experience then why shouldn't Konami jump on the DLC bandwagon? It's a path that almost every other major developer has been treading for many years now.

I for one would welcome regular DLC for a reasonable price if it helps keep the game fresh and adds to the experience. However I don't think DLC has anything to do with the bad news in any way, just thought I'd speak up in favour of it.

Yeah I'd have no problem with paid DLC so long as it was worth the money. If not, then it's still not an issue because I won't buy it. Three or four quid for extra content like balls, stadiums etc seems okay, it's when you get situations like MW2 charging £12 or so for four maps, two of which were from a previous game, that irks people slightly. Or when DLC could have been included with the release, and is purely added to get more money out of the customer, like LA Noire having new episodes available almost immediately after the game first came out.

Well thought out, value content would be awesome for PES IMO, and I'd have no problems paying for it. If Konami were to go down the route of Bad Company 2 or Red Dead Redemption I'd be happy, both released content WAY after the game's release with the Vietnam pack and Undead Nightmare, both of which were brilliant.

With these two games in mind, maybe Konami could start adding paid DLC to include things like new commentators, scenario modes, things of that nature. You could even release 'skins' that alter the way the front end of the game looks in menus etc, perhaps themed on people's favourite football teams etc. It's all welcome.

Last edited:

The lack of licensed clubs in the PES games make DLC a bad idea. I wouldn't mind so much paying for DLC for FIFA, as the original game contains so much already, so you feel you're getting value for money.

However as the PES games invariably contain a load of unlicensed clubs, the thought that I would be expected to pay for an option to edit them is just taking the p**s.

A couple of my first few posts here last year were about the beta, asking for a code etc. :BLUSH:

Also, I believe the bad news has been posted at WENB, or what most assume is anyway... the release date in the UK is the 14th of October. Earlier in other parts of europe.

I can live with a three day window but two weeks is unacceptable, I presume the OF are region locked again?

The lack of licensed clubs in the PES games make DLC a bad idea. I wouldn't mind so much paying for DLC for FIFA, as the original game contains so much already, so you feel you're getting value for money.

However as the PES games invariably contain a load of unlicensed clubs, the thought that I would be expected to pay for an option to edit them is just taking the p**s.

I don't think anyone disputes that. But that's an example of bad DLC - terrible DLC, even. Not of DLC in general.

A couple of my first few posts here last year were about the beta, asking for a code etc. :BLUSH:

Also, I believe the bad news has been posted at WENB, or what most assume is anyway... the release date in the UK is the 14th of October. Earlier in other parts of europe.

the thing that pisses me off with this is that being here in ireland we are lumped in as part of the uk even though we use the euro and have been independent of the uk for a century. Surely we can get the game here at the end of sept instead of waiting til the 14th with the uk,il have to email konami

German press emails sent out. Release date is September 29th 2011.

head to head with FIFA this year? I approve :APPLAUD:

oh and that's Adam's "bad news" - 2 week "delay", even though we're used to that release window

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom