PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Guys, heart to heart.

Now, very soon, we are getting news that will infuriate some of the fanbase. Like, big time.

It's rubbish of me to say that, then say nothing else, but I swear me saying the above will get me in real crap. I just want to be honest with you guys. I'm not happy right now.

Well you're right in thinking away from the game, as this bad news doesn't impact the quality of the game, thankfully.

Let the guessing game begin!

Instead, perhaps the infuriating news ties in with this tweet regarding the unveiling of news about Edit Mode? Hopefully not. There needs to be steps forward made with Edit Mode, not back.

Hrmmm that would interesting. I mean you can't import photos on the Xbox at the moment but you can on PS3.

How does the licensing thing work anyway? I mean for the clubs that Konami does not have licenses for, is it those clubs specifically that are asking too much money from Konami or have they signed exclusivity deals with EA?

It's mainly the EPL teams anyway that aren't officially licensed, true?
Plus the lower leagues and other leagues across the world - where I'm not sure if they're because of exlusivity or because they also want X amount of dollars from Konami.

I did read something from Jon Murphy about there being no snow/breathing this year. But that's hardly big news... lol

This reminds me that Murphy mentioned something like, "EA has the licenses... but we will smash them in gameplay". An early hint?

However, I've also read somewhere that La Liga is fully licensed (probably untrue?) so who knows.

Better not be removal of option file stuff, or PES is basically dead in the water.

Can't think of anything else which would really piss me off but doesn't affect the gameplay. Not going to get drawn into some daft guessing game, but something like "no beta this year" wouldn't bother me in the slightest, and a later release date seems unlikely considering that preview code is happening now. Take out .png importing, though, and you can guarantee lower sales for the rest of time. Even I'd probably think twice - seriously can't bear to use unlicensed, unedited teams in this day and age.

God knows. The source of this story can be something of a drama queen, but still, I don't have a very good feeling about this.

Can't help feeling it's to do with editing. That post from the other site seems ro really hint that it'll be news that won't be disappointing, but that will really piss people off. Maybe they're reducing the number of slots or something. I agree though, I think in terms of sales, the inability to do option files would leave PES dead in the water for sure.

Fingers crossed they haven't cut back our editing options - surely KONAMI would realise it is one of their few points of difference in which they are bettering FIFA. Surely if anything they would be looking to strengthen their position and offer us even more.

Maybe they are reverting back to the old nets? :)

I just read that forum where he stated that and I now reckon it's the release date. He says the quality of the game isn't impacted upon, and later on says its nothing to do with the actual game. I reckon the game won't be out until December.

Last edited:
Yeah everyone is going crazy about the licenses/leagues etc, or the edit mode being removed.

In my mind any of those two things being affected would definitely take away from the game and hurt the quality. The two things Adam said it wouldn't do.

It's been stated as AWAY from the game, so in my mind it's the same as LTFC, probably a later release date which is bad news but not exactly the end of the world.

Either that or no Beta/Demo.

Also, it's been getting spoken about that it might be that there isn't going to be a PS2/PSP version of the game either... wouldn't bother me but could piss off a lot of people.

I think he should've just kept this to himself, as bringing out this news and then asking people to just leave it and not talk about it was never ever going to happen, I can understand him wanting to let us know bad news is coming but... I don't think he expected people to react this way. (what else could you possibly expect?)

If it is the release date, I really wouldn't be bothered. An extra 8 weeks or so to refine the game would be worthwhile. If PES2011 had been released in December with a lot more polish, it would have been great because I'm actually playing it more than ever right now, so I wouldn't have cared about waiting a little while longer. I agree though, it would piss a lot of people off, but there's Battlefield 3, Batman 2 etc to come between now and December anyways so I really wouldn't care.

Everyone loves a bit of power, Jimmy.

edit: Someone just posted that it could be we have to pay for MLO. Seems possible.

Last edited:
Where's the "no edit mode" idea coming from? It's not that... My guess is either a lost of a license or Master League not being playable as a standalone mode.

I think it's the last one, and we'll know it next week when Football Life get's announced. You don't announce something that can infuriate the community, unless you do it thinking it's something good, like Konami usually does lol.

or Master League not being playable as a standalone mode.

I think it's the last one, and we'll know it next week when Football Life get's announced. You don't announce something that can infuriate the community, unless you do it thinking it's something good, like Konami usually does lol.

:CONFUSE:

O FFS can we start a "guess what adam said thread" instead?

We know what Adam said, technically it'd have to be a GUESS WHAT THE FUCK ADAM IS TALKING ABOUT, thread.

It's about PES 2012, so of course we're going to discuss it in the PES 2012 discussion thread.

How can you have a problem with that?

I wouldn't mind a later release date.
I would mind if they lost more licenses.

Somebody talked about the PSP version: i always enjoyed that, but the last one is not good IMO...terrible animations...

If they get rid of Master League then i'm off to FIFA 12, even if the Career Mode is lacking on that game!

Back
Top Bottom