PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Na its got nothing to do with being hardcore or not.

The diference is that these hardcore console players simply cant afford a pc gaming rig or/and too lazy to tinker with stuff.

Exactly.

I got my pc rig hooked up via hdmi to my 50" tv. No console can ever compete.

Well we were talking about the PC being used as a development stage for the jump on to next-gen consoles. :))

In an ideal world I would play PES on the PC because I love the patches and customisation options, new stadia etc....

There, back on topic.

You know what I mean mate. We don't want this thread slowly turning into "but pc is the shitz and conz0lerz aren't powerful enoughzzZ!11".

Ok, well i meant by hardcore. You don't mind tinkering with your PC settings to get the best out of your game and you don't mind spending 200+ pound upwards on high end video cards etc.. That's why i meant by hardcore in that term. I should have been a little more specific.
PC enthusiasts.

I'm a hardcore when it comes to PES. but that's it. I don't play anything else. I love football see and that's why i love football games. I consider hardcore gamers as those who play a whole variety of games, not just one or two like i do. If you get what i mean. :BYE:

I consider my brother a hardcore gamer. Someone with his 360 who seems to buy this and that game every week. he has about a 100 games or so (i don't know how many). I just play one game. if it wasn't for PES or FIFA i wouldn't play games at all pretty much.

I mean i only found out the other day what overclocking meant. :CONFUSE: Sorry I'm a complete 'noob' when i comes to gaming terms.
Hardcore gamers for me are those who spend most of their time tinkering with games to the point that they know everything related to it! Overclocking is not a "gaming term". It is about getting more performance off your PC no matter what you do.

Hardcore gamers for me are those who spend most of their time tinkering with games to the point that they know everything related to it! Overclocking is not a "gaming term". It is about getting more performance off your PC no matter what you do.

Well in all the lectures i've had about adobe programs and all sorts of 3D programs through college and Uni, none of my lecturers have ever mentioned Overclocking, yet when I'm looking at pretty graphics on youtube i see everyone mentioning 'overclock'.

i was buying a new card, and I'm looking at the latest's ones and again, hearing, 'overclock'.

I'm just saying. i only consider myself hardcore PES and FIFA, i would've considered a hardcore gamer in the general term as someone who's an expert in a variety of games like my kid brother is.

I can tell you everything about PES and FIFA but i really don't know too much about other games.

Hey guys Fable 3 has 3d kits well 3d clothing and its on XBOX 360!!! Heres is a video to show you.

skip to 8:00 to see

YouTube - Fable III, 3 - The 3rd Episode 720p HD Gameplay

Heres another one just for fun viewer discretion advised foul language. You cant really see the movement on the guy (cause its armor)but you can see his friends suit twirl and stuff.

YouTube - Rage Quit: Fable 3

notice how on the red suit the headband twirls and the suit reacts to the walking and when he twirls it spins.

Last edited:
Such a minor thing, I can honestly say it'd leave a bitter taste if I discovered the development team at Konami had invested valuable time and money into realistic material movement.

Well in all the lectures i've had about adobe programs and all sorts of 3D programs through college and Uni, none of my lecturers have ever mentioned Overclocking, yet when I'm looking at pretty graphics on youtube i see everyone mentioning 'overclock'.

i was buying a new card, and I'm looking at the latest's ones and again, hearing, 'overclock'.
I am seeing you haven't stumbled into an overclocking site before. :COAT:
I'm just saying. i only consider myself hardcore PES and FIFA, i would've considered a hardcore gamer in the general term as someone who's an expert in a variety of games like my kid brother is.

I can tell you everything about PES and FIFA but i really don't know too much about other games.
Well, PES and FIFA are games in my book.

I am seeing you haven't stumbled into an overclocking site before. :COAT:

Well, PES and FIFA are games in my book.

i think your still missing my point, why should i go around proclaiming to be a general hardcore gamer when i only play one or two games solely because ts based on football, the sport i follow?

i think your still missing my point, why should i go around proclaiming to be a general hardcore gamer when i only play one or two games solely because ts based on football, the sport i follow?
Where did the term "general" come from? You invest most of your time in PES and FIFA and I see them both as games.

Is it just a photo editing, or can you actually play this game with these visuals?:CONFUSE:
can u see the pics?

if u can and your beings erious about yoru question then yes thats how PES11 looks on my pc.

scratch that, thats how it looks on my laptop as my laptop can play the game in full max details.

I'm with Klash, the only videogames I play are PES, FIFA or Football manager. I am not a hardcore gamer, but I am big football fan and well videogames are the closest I can come to the real thing.

The main reason I bought a gaming computer was to play PES with all the great editions. The only other game I play is NBA 2k because basketball is my second favorite sport. Maybe team fortress 2, but mainly because its free and it is pretty easy. I actually suck at other video games.

Reminds me of when I used to play FIFA before discovering PES, you'd get these chaps making kits then modelling them at ultra-high res settings to screenshot, most of them admitted they rarely actually played the game.

First time I played PES3 was on such a a piss poor computer I was forced to run it at 640 x 480, and that was with extreme overclocking and settings tinkering. However, as long it was smooth I was happy as larry, as it was my first taste of the series and I was bowled over. And before that we'd run WE2002 through an emulator in a tiny windowed screen. Textures and graphics mean jack all after the initial week, it's just not something that is really noticeable when you're focused on the game in all honesty.

Last edited:
I'm with Klash, the only videogames I play are PES, FIFA or Football manager. I am not a hardcore gamer, but I am big football fan and well videogames are the closest I can come to the real thing.

The main reason I bought a gaming computer was to play PES with all the great editions. The only other game I play is NBA 2k because basketball is my second favorite sport. Maybe team fortress 2, but mainly because its free and it is pretty easy. I actually suck at other video games.
The main reason I bought an XBOX was to play football games too BUT the time I devote to these games is just a few hours per week. On the other hand, guys like klash fiddle with football GAMES for hours per DAY!

That makes him:
1- Hardcore
2- Addicted
3- Gamer
IN MY BOOK. The conclusion we need to understand here is that PC enthusiasts should not be called "hardcore addicted gamers". Thank you.

Where did the term "general" come from? You invest most of your time in PES and FIFA and I see them both as games.

The whole premise of someone being know as a 'hardcore gamer' is that he knows a large variety of games of any titles of genres inside out. He's follow most of the main gaming websites and he'll probably buy a game every month and would buy a large amount over the Christmas period.

I can't call myself a hardcore gamer. Only a hardcore PES game or I know my football games inside out! I would assume most hardcore gamers would know games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Fable, etc.. all to a great degree. I really don't know a lot about those games at all because i don't really care nothing about games, only football games!

Basically Saying I'm a hardcore gamer in a general sense is a false title!

The correct title is that I'm a hardcore football gamer.

Thank you, i don't want people asking me for my opinion on games like COD etc.. because i really don't know much about those games.

The main reason I bought an XBOX was to play football games too BUT the time I devote to these games is just a few hours per week. On the other hand, guys like klash fiddle with football GAMES for hours per DAY!

That makes him:
1- Hardcore
2- Addicted
3- Gamer

So one day I'll spend a few hours doing tactics or something to do with PES.

Then i won't touch anything game related for a month? Addicted? I'd say i go through different levels when sometimes i play a lot, then i won't touch it for a month or so.

No idea where your getting this i play every day for hours theory. i honestly talk more than i play. Just like with FIFA 08 and 09 PC. I rarely played that shitty game but i did spend some time patching it, because i like using photoshop.

IN MY BOOK. The conclusion we need to understand here is that PC enthusiasts should not be called "hardcore addicted gamers". Thank you.

Why so touchy? :CONFUSE:

Last edited:
I only play a handful of games, PES, Nba 2k11, Fifa (no first person shooters or RPG for me)... but have to be on the PC. I got my rig hooked up via hdmi to 50" tv. I would never go back to consoles. Sorry.

PC enthusiast here.

you guys are like little girls fighting over the little miss sunshine title.

except all u guys are really nice little girls and want other people to be little miss sunshine.

Just for info they are under Future Publishing stable, in EA's back pocket.

Still I read it and they mentioned Fifa 12 more, I was very surprised.

Just so you know for future reference, OPM, OXM, CVG, Edge, Gamesmaster and a couple of others go under Future Publishing.

Quite a poor preview if you ask me. Subtley biased and clearly uninformed.

I just installed PES for my PC. I haven't got any mods installed except for Yair's gameplay mod but my first impression was that it looks way nicer than the console versions, especially the faces.

The whole premise of someone being know as a 'hardcore gamer' is that he knows a large variety of games of any titles of genres inside out. He's follow most of the main gaming websites and he'll probably buy a game every month and would buy a large amount over the Christmas period.

I can't call myself a hardcore gamer. Only a hardcore PES game or I know my football games inside out! I would assume most hardcore gamers would know games such as Call of Duty, Battlefield, Assassins Creed, Fable, etc.. all to a great degree. I really don't know a lot about those games at all because i don't really care nothing about games, only football games!

Basically Saying I'm a hardcore gamer in a general sense is a false title!

The correct title is that I'm a hardcore football gamer.

Thank you, i don't want people asking me for my opinion on games like COD etc.. because i really don't know much about those games.
OK hardcore football gamer. In the end, I hope you now know the difference between:
1- PC gamers.
2- PC enthusiasts.
3- Console gamers.
4- Hardcore gamers. Either specific or general.
So one day I'll spend a few hours doing tactics or something to do with PES.

Then i won't touch anything game related for a month? Addicted? I'd say i go through different levels when sometimes i play a lot, then i won't touch it for a month or so.

No idea where your getting this i play every day for hours theory. i honestly talk more than i play. Just like with FIFA 08 and 09 PC. I rarely played that shitty game but i did spend some time patching it, because i like using photoshop.
I'm assuming you play that much because you comment on regular basis here and in long posts too! Either way you invest so much time in football games and activities around it and that makes you a hardcore.
Why so touchy? :CONFUSE:
!! I am only pointing your faulty terms. Nothing personal really as I am neither a hardcore gamer nor a PC enthusiast.

Back
Top Bottom