PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

mate, i not going to lie but graphically nothing on the PS3 really wow's me anymore. I'm already getting a bit bored of graphics in games these days, even on the PC with Battlefield etc...

I want to see something truly next gen in the next year or so,, i want to see a huge jump in performance.

same here, glad its not just me.

:SHAKE:is it really not possible on this gen consoles.
after all the expectations i had for the ps3:SHAKE:

lol the pc can defiantly do this but most games that have funding to make an extensive game want maximum profits thus having to make the pc games equal to the xbox or ps3. If ea made a solely just pc game and worked on it for 2 years it would be ridiculously good. Too bad any companies that have the ability to do this dont care about making an awesome game they will settle for an ok game and take in all the cash without any real WOW factor.

Running altogether 22 player models + ai + pitch, ball physic + 3d supporter as in above intro via real-time will likely make your fps max 15 fps using todays consoles.:TTTH:

Btw about future development, i'd really like seabass get benefit from kojima's fox engine. it's pretty enough.

Interesting chat here about this level of detail that should be implemented...then how many of you have it on wide cam, hence losing most of the benefits anyway? Not accusing lol. Just asking :P

I played online against a couple of mates on the weekend in FIFA 10 World Cup (the only mutual football game we both had). We ended up playing 8 min halves which is very similar to the 15 minute match lengths which some tout as ideal for PES games to simulate a real match properly.

Noticeably better than the mad panic FIFA gameplay style that some people try cramming into shorter game times. I wonder if EA and Konami actually tune their various A.I to a particular match length?

Ideally, the best scenario is to have a stamina system that is accurate regardless of the match length, however, gameplay itself is definitely more immersive and less forced on a longer game setting.

What differences in gameplay have people noticed on the longer match settings? Keepers/defenders/shots to goal ratios etc.

But they make their money from sales of console games.

yea but they can make money on pc's too plus it will help them out in the long run as they can in effect "beta" test the new next gen game on pc's first. iron out the bugs and issues and make teh console version bug free and spank the living daylights of Fifa as konami would have fine tuned their engine already.

PESblog_bePESblog.be
by Adam_Bhatti
WHoomp! There it is! #PES2012 previewcode!

PESblog_bePESblog.be
Just finished my first #PES2012 game. Belgium - England. Lost 0-1 in 89th minute. That Rooney guy.

yea but they can make money on pc's too plus it will help them out in the long run as they can in effect "beta" test the new next gen game on pc's first. iron out the bugs and issues and make teh console version bug free and spank the living daylights of Fifa as konami would have fine tuned their engine already.

If PES 2012 turns out to be the absolute dogs bollocks which dosen't need big development from now until the death of the PS3/Xbox maybe we should start gathering ideas fro the next gen now?

how will it be football life would be a merger of the two?

new video [by WESG]

YouTube - ‪PES_2012_GAMEPLAY_NOTAS DOS JOGADORES_‬â€.mp4

News look video 1:00

The most interesting part of that video is at 1:12... The controller selection screen before a match starts !

Could this mean that they have finally re-implemented, at long last, the ability for a mate to take control of cpu teams for offline cups/leagues. People, including myself have complained about this forever.

If PES 2012 turns out to be the absolute dogs bollocks which dosen't need big development from now until the death of the PS3/Xbox maybe we should start gathering ideas fro the next gen now?
Maybe so but they can still test out next gen gaming now with the pc.

get the next gen engine in tip top condition ready for PS4.

lol the pc can defiantly do this but most games that have funding to make an extensive game want maximum profits thus having to make the pc games equal to the xbox or ps3. If ea made a solely just pc game and worked on it for 2 years it would be ridiculously good. Too bad any companies that have the ability to do this dont care about making an awesome game they will settle for an ok game and take in all the cash without any real WOW factor.

Here's a video of what i want to see. Look This his how you do it :BOP:
YouTube - NVIDIA APEX Maya Clothing Plug-in

Maybe so but they can still test out next gen gaming now with the pc.

get the next gen engine in tip top condition ready for PS4.

Graphics wise i think yes :) , Also trying to organize and put together how many high textured models and elements they want to include in the game. How many engine running in the game at one time (endorphin physics?) Stuff like that!

They cannnot forget gameplay is the absolute most important thing and next gen gameplay and the next AI jump i don't think has been made yet. But they can start to seriously look at PES and FIFA for the PS4 this year.

Graphically yes but in terms of AI and amount of game space allocated for functions and processes being truly next generation?

For example i talking about things like full body modeling and 3d kits, graphics to be this standard:

YouTube - Sky Super Sunday 09 10

When i mean 3d kits, not just the kit 'cloth' realistically being rendered but the player having a actually full body, instead of their faces and arms being attached to a modeled kit torso.

It's hard to explain, i think i need to show some visual examples.

AMAZING !
I really like clothing mouvement , I mean kits are not glued to the body
and players reaction / animation is really aggressive !
Maybe for PES 2013 or PES on ps4

PC crushes the consoles.

Not enough though really. It's got miles better graphics fro sure plus you can 'overclock' games which run at crazy framerates. Multilayer easier.

But unfortunately it's not 'minimum fuss' like consoles are. If you don't have a console it's not really a problem buying the latest video cards but it's still very much center around playing in your room and tinkering with the nviedea settings etc.. to get the best performance.

Consoles being optimized and ready plug in and play wherever in the house with minimum fuss is just more suitable for people who aren't hardcore addicted gamers.

Going back a couple of pages, it just dawned on me that, online, without being able to control a second defender to counteract someone using the second man when attacking you, how will you be able to pick up players making bizarre and crazy runs?

I predict that playing online will see people making certain runs that they know will drag your AI defenders out of position in specific ways, exploiting the game. People will make the same runs game in, game out, because it causes your defence to open up in ways you can't counteract.

This is an exploiter's dream IMO.

Oh, and without really taking too much notice, I think 'football life' is going to replace ML online and be some advancement of that?

Graphics wise i think yes :) , Also trying to organize and put together how many high textured models and elements they want to include in the game. How many engine running in the game at one time (endorphin physics?) Stuff like that!

They cannnot forget gameplay is the absolute most important thing and next gen gameplay and the next AI jump i don't think has been made yet. But they can start to seriously look at PES and FIFA for the PS4 this year.
yea exactly.

Not enough though really. It's got miles better graphics fro sure plus you can 'overclock' games which run at crazy framerates. Multilayer easier.

But unfortunately it's not 'minimum fuss' like consoles are. If you don't have a console it's not really a problem buying the latest video cards but it's still very much center around playing in your room and tinkering with the nviedea settings etc.. to get the best performance.

Consoles being optimized and ready plug in and play wherever in the house with minimum fuss is just more suitable for people who aren't hardcore addicted gamers.

Na its got nothing to do with being hardcore or not. theire are many console gamers who play games more then pc players and thust are more hardcore then pc gamers.

The diference is that these hardcore console players simply cant afford a pc gaming rig or/and too lazy to tinker with stuff.

The diference is that these hardcore console players simply cant afford a pc gaming rig or/and too lazy to tinker with stuff.

This applies to me at the moment as I consider my self an avid gamer. I used to be well into my PC gaming but couldn't justify the constant upgrades any longer. If I had more disposable income I would definitely look to get back into it, but I can't see myself doing so any time soon.

Having said that I do love the plug and play element of console gaming, and the fact that every game is (in theory) optimised for the system.

When talking pc and console can we keep it about PES please fellas? We don't want to go off-topic now.

suitable for people who aren't hardcore addicted gamers.
Seriously!! You are not a hardcore addicted gamer? You come here everyday and make tens of long posts and you are not a hardcore addicted gamer? You actually fiddle with PES to the point that you found bugs that counter other bugs like catchup and you are not a hardcore addicted gamer?

:LMAO:

When talking pc and console can we keep it about PES please fellas? We don't want to go off-topic now.

Well we were talking about the PC being used as a development stage for the jump on to next-gen consoles. :))

In an ideal world I would play PES on the PC because I love the patches and customisation options, new stadia etc....

There, back on topic.

Ok, well i meant by hardcore. You don't mind tinkering with your PC settings to get the best out of your game and you don't mind spending 200+ pound upwards on high end video cards etc.. That's why i meant by hardcore in that term. I should have been a little more specific.

I know there's avid console only gamers. I seems those hardcore console only players just want to get the game and play with minimum fuss. Which i can understand really.

I think with just how commercial and big buisness gaming is today is why you don't really get too many PC only games. Companies have this vision where they see PC's as personal and usually hooked up to 18/20 inch screens like i have (full HD :) ). consoles these days are played by everyone in the family in the front room with a 40+ screen. They just see the cash rather than the quality which is a shame. Back 10 years ago there where tons of PC only games. nowadays you have to look for them :LOL:

Seriously!! You are not a hardcore addicted gamer? You come here everyday and make tens of long posts and you are not a hardcore addicted gamer? You actually fiddle with PES to the point that you found bugs that counter other bugs like catchup and you are not a hardcore addicted gamer?

:LMAO:

I'm a hardcore when it comes to PES. but that's it. I don't play anything else. I love football see and that's why i love football games. I consider hardcore gamers as those who play a whole variety of games, not just one or two like i do. If you get what i mean. :BYE:

I consider my brother a hardcore gamer. Someone with his 360 who seems to buy this and that game every week. he has about a 100 games or so (i don't know how many). I just play one game. if it wasn't for PES or FIFA i wouldn't play games at all pretty much.

I mean i only found out the other day what overclocking meant. :CONFUSE: Sorry I'm a complete 'noob' when i comes to gaming terms.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom