PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

how will it be football life would be a merger of the two?

new video [by WESG]

YouTube - ‪PES_2012_GAMEPLAY_NOTAS DOS JOGADORES_‬â€.mp4

News look video 1:00

look at 1.36 in that video,theres a new bar for pass support and in that video is 3/4 fully assisted,that would probably be the reason all the passing looks too accurate. this gives me hope that if its set alot lower the players stats will become more relevent and errors in passing will be added

I hardly play online myself but I suppose there is no chance those games will be set on top player? Setting it any lower makes no sense, some people may want to play against dumbed down AI while they are getting into the game but in a game against að human opponent you will want your teammates to be as smart as the AI allows.

look at 1.36 in that video,theres a new bar for pass support and in that video is 3/4 fully assisted,that would probably be the reason all the passing looks too accurate. this gives me hope that if its set alot lower the players stats will become more relevent and errors in passing will be added

I re-watched again and, yes, there are 4 levels, not 5 levels as some preview articles have said.

Or maybe Konami will add one more asisstance level in the demo or final code, i don't know...

You can see that the second player (Germany) changed to 1/4 and he really had more passing errors. Some passes were weak and some were innacurate.

This "assisted teammate" thing will be have to be super fluid, the selection of players with the right stick has to be rather quick and efficient and when you're in control of the player he has to be responsive otherwise the whole new feature would be a waste

Last edited:
You guys are complaining about passes being too accurate but im 14 and i play soccer and almost all my passes are straight to him. If i can do that im pretty sure pro soccer/football players can.

Wouldn't you start from zero? It doesn't make sense to start from 1 as that suggests assistance is always on.

Numbers don't matter. What matters is that they're 5 options to choose from. No assistance/Manual, 2 Semi Assisted, 2 Assisted. Meaning you go from no assistance whatsoever, to full assisted.

You guys are complaining about passes being too accurate but im 14 and i play soccer and almost all my passes are straight to him. If i can do that im pretty sure pro soccer/football players can.

not even pro players can pull passes off all the time and not while under pressure from good players as themself or better.
there is a reason why the good passers become playmakers and even they screw up about 35% of the time.

so if you are that good at 14 and almost never miss your targets, you have a great future ahead of you:APPLAUD:

I just want too the cpu much harder on top player compared to the last 5 years. I would also like to see a harder difficulty beyond top player.

People where discussing about Konami's approach to the PS4 when it's released soon. I think we as the community have a responsibility really to make sure we send out ideas and let konami know when to really start pushing the boat out to develop for the next generation.

I do see that a big issue with Konami failing early on this Generation with PES6 on 360 and PES 2008, 2009 and with 2010 being broken was that the fanboys back in the years 2004-2006 were deluded into thinking PES was perfect and didn't look ahead and ask for a change and serious development. i can tell you FIFA back in those years, everyne was asking fro change and innovation. Look at this forum even back in 2007 when PES 2008 was released. Countless fanboys saying that piece of shit game was perfect! I took then till PES 2009 to see it was crap and FIFA producing a decent game.

Konami really should have leaned their lesson for when the PS4 arrives and i feel like creating a thread now for early, early ideas for PES next gen!

I love PES but the room fro improvement in football games is massive, i mean massive!

--------

anyway, something I'm a little concerned about for Master league or Football life and even tournaments. Injuries! I think the current system is good, just i've noticed that because Konami have taken out cut scenes with the stretcher. You can only receive a serious red injury if you leave a player on who's on a yellow injury and he continually gets hacked.

So yes we don't just miss the stretcher cutscene for aesthetic reasons but you can't get seriously injured from a single challenge on this game. Only a light injury which morphs into a serious one if the player is left on. We all know players can break a leg or suffer a serious injury in just a second. I really do miss that from the old PES games where one or twice a season, BAM! One of your players would leave on a stretcher and would be out for most of the season.

The Yellow light injury system is very good though. Like in real life you just can't rely on payers staying fit the whole season who have a C for injury resistance. It takes them on average two tackles to get an yellow injury. Not just that i saw in on of my games vs my brother Nesta getting just from a collision when making a challenge. Snejider seems to get injured all the time even without being fouled. Your more likely also to pick up injuries if your tackled or do something spectacular if your tired i've noticed.

Last edited:
not even pro players can pull passes off all the time and not while under pressure from good players as themself or better.
there is a reason why the good passers become playmakers and even they screw up about 35% of the time.

so if you are that good at 14 and almost never miss your targets, you have a great future ahead of you:APPLAUD:

my highschool team is ranked second in the state of maryland which is pretty good for me too. But enough talking about me maybe in football life we start out as in a bal then when we retire we become a manager and then its master league but you can change teams just like in bal?

EDIT** YAY Just won europa league on my bal!!! :D

anyone see a guy named malgani in the game after the first year he was 101 and messi was 99 o.0 he won the best attacker award. I thought messi won that for the first couple of years.

EDIT - He also is only getting paid 1,706,000 a year o.0 and his offense is 99 while his defense is 22.

Last edited:
Konami dont need to wait until ps4 comes out. they can make proper next gen PES on the pc

Graphically yes but in terms of AI and amount of game space allocated for functions and processes being truly next generation?

For example i talking about things like full body modeling and 3d kits, graphics to be this standard:

YouTube - Sky Super Sunday 09 10

When i mean 3d kits, not just the kit 'cloth' realistically being rendered but the player having a actually full body, instead of their faces and arms being attached to a modeled kit torso.

It's hard to explain, i think i need to show some visual examples.

Graphically yes but in terms of AI and amount of game space allocated for functions and processes being truly next generation?

For example i talking about things like full body modeling and 3d kits, graphics to be this standard:

When i mean 3d kits, not just the kit 'cloth' realistically being rendered but the player having a actually full body, instead of their faces and arms being attached to a modeled kit torso.

you mean this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wd_kYEiCwYY&feature=youtu.be

No, i mean much better than that!

Ok, this is what i mean, current on the PS1, PS2 and PS3 and PC etc.. when it comes to player models it's been the same story. Just that the amount of detail and texture size has been increased. it's onnbvious why this is (Disk space) but i think it's time to really step up.

Currently in PES 2011 and in FIFA when it comes to the players actually body here is all that is modeled:
clip1bo.jpg

Just the face (highly detailed) arms and legs, no feet or ankles, no torso or pelvis area at all. Instead the kit is modeled in directly to the head arms and legs.

For the PS4, i want to see a players full body! You see here how the full body is modeled:
YouTube - 3D Clothes Making - Marvelous Designer 2 (www.MarvelousDesigner.com)

The clothing or 'Cloth' is modeled 'separate' from the body in 3d. I want it to move and flow in real time just like the video i posted above. I i think FIFA desperately needs this to sort out the rubbish player models.

BTW, No EA or Konami i don't want you to strip players naked when you do the 8 way tech thing. You don't have to, All I'd like to see really is highly detailed faces of course and high quality arms and legs, area's like the torso, pelvis and feet could be rendered with a similar amount of polygons to what we see in the Smackdown games.

YouTube - WWF SmackDown! Just Bring It Review Part 4: CAW Mode/Final Thoughts

Also as we see here, i want the ability to morph players bodies so you can get the correct shape. I'd love to see this in PS4 PES's edit mode!

That's the sort of ambition i want to see for the PS4 etc.. I hope i got my point across :)

Last edited:
Many of the so called "next-gen" technologies are already available, but since those "generations" are actually dictated by consoles nowadays, and none of them have the hardware to support them, and pretty much every game is multi-plataform, we won't have any of those actually implemented in games until the next generation of consoles shows up.

mate, i not going to lie but graphically nothing on the PS3 really wow's me anymore. I'm already getting a bit bored of graphics in games these days, even on the PC with Battlefield etc...

I want to see something truly next gen in the next year or so,, i want to see a huge jump in performance.

cool, that really would be a step in the right direction.
personally i thought that we would have games like the pes4/we8 intro by now on these consoles but i guess i was dreaming.

Back
Top Bottom