PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

It's undeniable that loads of people wanted this: play PES with anyone who's used to FIFA and they will be desperately annoyed at the lack of this functionality.

I laugh at people who say it's a game for the fans by the fans. Wake up. Konami needs to make money and if they can get allot of fifa players to join pes then they will implement those feature. i am not saying this feature will bring allot of fifa players to pes, but it sounds like that every person on here is blaming konami for going the opposite direction. There is only a small minority who loved the ps2 day's. for me the ps2 had many flaws. just like any other fifa and pes game.

it will never be perfect. period.

It's true that Konami are trying to make money. The difference between Konami and EA is that, Konami need to gain fans whereas EA need to keep them. To gain fans you need to stoke the fires of the core, not the casuals, and that is why Konami are likely to produce a game for us, rather than EA, who seem to want to produce a game for the casuals.

When a series is doing badly, they'll produce games for the core. It's that simple really.

There is only a small minority who loved the ps2 day's.

I think you'll find most people here before 2006 fall into this bracket, and more than likely quite a few after that as well.

In fact most people would say that the PS2 days have yet to be matched on the "next" (now current) gen when it comes to PES.

Triggering runs I can understand being required, as lets face it the AI has been hopeless in this regard in the last few iterations. But the "Active AI" should have sorted that, this ability to control an off the ball player completely is a dangerous move.

I've not read all of the stuff about it, but can it be done by the defending player also? I would imagine it must be, right? Or will they save that for next year?

Who you calling cynical? :P

how have alot of people been asking for? look at reaction on this forum, that tells you the story

We have to accept that people here on Evo-web is just very very small amount of PES player. Millions out there may not know EW at all.

I remember seeing one twitter, a guy from PS3M magazine, said, this (team mate control) is what konami should do 2 years a go. So, it is obvious that many PES player out there that just love playing PES, but has different approaches to game with some people here on EW.

Like or dislike, i hope even if there is feature that we may think will create an issue of the game to feel arcadish / pick up and play, there should not be silly talk like oh.. this because of this that people. Really won't solve the problem.

Once again, IMO, there seems like so much to discuss about putting simulation touches to for instances, assisted team mate control because the R3 stick use to execute.

There is some part of suggestion a guy in PES gaming that i guess could be fantastic to be combine with this R3. I can see a new perspective to be added to play a football game.

I personally would give PES 2011 a solid 7/10.
This is with every little detail, pros and cons etc, taken into consideration.

If PES 2012 (with every little detail, pros and cons etc, taken into consideration) becomes an 8/10 and if MOST people agree that it's better than PES2011 - that's good enough for me.

Depending on which console, £25 - £40 for a game that lasts a full year, is an absolute steal.

So my point is:
you are never going to get the perfect game - if it's better than last year's, then that's good.
If it's not better, then it's only costing 50p a week, to find out.

Sorry guys, I just needed to get it off my chest :D

Last edited:
just for the record, i've never been against the idea,
varied options in how to play is great and i'm all for but i would say 50% of pes fans asked for it at best,
i'm just saying he exaggerated at first as i didn't read/hear steve m say it so i only picked up from what adam said so you can understand my view more

It will be Neymar, you'll see...
I don't think so coz if you check Pro Evolution Soccer facebook page,
recent posts(i mean posted by KONAMI) on the wall are talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

I think Cristiano Ronaldo will be on the cover of PES2012.
*probably ESPN will cooperate with KONAMI too as the clips of Cristiano Ronaldo's goals are provided by ESPN.

Last edited:
I have to urge to play as Figo!

i remembered those feeling whenever my mate is using certain best players, then i would just like, ooh here it comes, is he going to use this player's dribbling, long shot, passing ability ?.. or should i just get him injured :BOP: . Was very good days especially when we are making tournaments. :))

I don't think so coz if you check Pro Evolution Soccer facebook page,
recent posts(i mean posted by KONAMI) on the wall are talking about Cristiano Ronaldo.

I think Cristiano Ronaldo will be on the cover of PES2012.
*probably ESPN will cooperate with KONAMI too as the clips of Cristiano Ronaldo's goals are provided by ESPN.

I saw that now, but when they talk about "a new era" i thought instantly in Neymar

Pes sells millions of copies world wide. But when you go on pesfan where they have survey's or on wenb where they use the forums you see no more than 1000 people participating. So how can anyone say that KONAMI listened to the fans? most fans don't even bother contacting KONAMI and if they did care at least hundreds of thousands of people would join these survey's.

If you roam the forums you see the same people complaining about the same thing, over and over and over again and therefor it looks like allot people want certain things implemented.

All the things we want are things we expect from a company to implement. For example better animation. why? it's 2011 that's why. Awesome AI. why? because it's 2011. Not only KONAMI, but other company's fail at next-gen. KONAMI needs to get their act straight. it seems with pes 2012 they have come a long way, but it can't deliver on all fronts. they have shown that. hoe do we know? it took them 5 years to come to what they have now. So after 5 years they can't implement the things we want. So in order for KONAMI to make money they need to implement such features. And I am glad they implemented this feature, but it seems that allot of people are stuck in their ps2 day's. how many people played fifa in the ps2 days? nobody. PES was the better game that's why we played it. But it definitely wasn't perfect. it has it flaws but it was better than fifa and that's why we played it. There just wasn't a better alternative. it's not cynical it's pure fact.

I came to a sensible conclusion that 10 minutes is never going to be realsitic.

In fact i think Online they should sort online ranking by time limit.

Arcade = 5-10 minutes
Standard = 15-20
(heavy) Simulation = 25+

OmG, you are so right... I usually play on 15 minutes but 25 min is so much better, not only is it that you get more time to try things differently than usual, the game in itself plays more thrilling and more interesting and it's actually more difficult to create opportunities which is great since the satisfaction is bigger when you outsmart the defense.

The CPU-offense is also better and more concentrated, they possess the ball better... and they especially punish mistakes much more thorough, they didn't achieve to make 7 goals against me, but they managed to get one or two in from within the game and not through free-kicks or corners, which is a surprising change... cause in my 15 minutes game they never manage to get a ball into my net except through freekicks or corners.

Why doesn't Konami tell its customers that the game plays hugely different depending on time chosen?

For PES 2012 I hope there will be even more time-options so that we can also play a whole 90 minute-game, but only if there is a realistic fatigue-system built in.

Thanks for the heads-up, now I love PES 2011!

OmG, you are so right... I usually play on 15 minutes but 25 min is so much better, not only is it that you get more time to try things differently than usual, the game in itself plays more thrilling and more interesting and it's actually more difficult to create opportunities which is great since the satisfaction is bigger when you outsmart the defense.

The CPU-offense is also better and more concentrated, they possess the ball better... and they especially punish mistakes much more thorough, they didn't achieve to make 7 goals against me, but they managed to get one or two in from within the game and not through free-kicks or corners, which is a surprising change... cause in my 15 minutes game they never manage to get a ball into my net except through freekicks or corners.

Why doesn't Konami tell its customers that the game plays hugely different depending on time chosen?

For PES 2012 I hope there will be even more time-options so that we can also play a whole 90 minute-game, but only if there is a realistic fatigue-system built in.

Thanks for the heads-up, now I love PES 2011!

:LOL:

Pes sells millions of copies world wide. But when you go on pesfan where they have survey's or on wenb where they use the forums you see no more than 1000 people participating. So how can anyone say that KONAMI listened to the fans? most fans don't even bother contacting KONAMI and if they did care at least hundreds of thousands of people would join these survey's.

If you roam the forums you see the same people complaining about the same thing, over and over and over again and therefor it looks like allot people want certain things implemented.

All the things we want are things we expect from a company to implement. For example better animation. why? it's 2011 that's why. Awesome AI. why? because it's 2011. Not only KONAMI, but other company's fail at next-gen. KONAMI needs to get their act straight. it seems with pes 2012 they have come a long way, but it can't deliver on all fronts. they have shown that. hoe do we know? it took them 5 years to come to what they have now. So after 5 years they can't implement the things we want. So in order for KONAMI to make money they need to implement such features. And I am glad they implemented this feature, but it seems that allot of people are stuck in their ps2 day's. how many people played fifa in the ps2 days? nobody. PES was the better game that's why we played it. But it definitely wasn't perfect. it has it flaws but it was better than fifa and that's why we played it. There just wasn't a better alternative. it's not cynical it's pure fact.

Btw fifa still sold a hell of alot more copies than pes in the ps2 era so obviously there were still people playing fifa.

Last edited:
@ Enlil

See, I don't think Konami really do listen to the fans. I believe Seabass and his team are still very much working towards their own goals for PES - they have their vision.

The whole fan feedback thing is just a token gesture in my opinion. It's a reaction to Fifa's involvement with it's fan base. It's lip service or fan service by Konami - being seen to be listening.

Sure a few fan suggestions will probably make it into the game - some periphery stuff - but the core game will always be Seabass's baby.

I don't think so Dudu. I'm just trying to keep the faith: I want PES 2012 to be good so much (well, I want all football games to be good.. but I actually think this one might be really good). I'm worried though... because I look at it and in some areas I'm giddy with excitement but others make me think that it's still going to have hosts of problems.

Certainly I don't see much persecution going on in here ... just lots of fans who are desperate for a great football title ... and who react to the hype rollercoaster differently.

Fair enough. I understand that skepticism, it's very necessary to improve the game and make it as good as it can be.

I've been significatly more positive than negative, but i don't expect every new gameplay feature to work work perectly. This assisted teammates worries and we haven't seen anyhing about the new fatigue system yet.

But some people are bit too negative and sometimes they don't respect those who have good expectations for pes 212, wich is an immature attitude.

I actually think the secondary player control was in the game that these guys played, they just didn't tell anyone about it.

Check out this video, it should start around 2:47. Watch one of the forwards, he gets a stamina bar above him (just like in Jon Murphys videos) and he starts running out of play. Looks like the guy playing accidentally activated this without knowing what he did.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL5z6wC1R9o&feature=player_detailpage#t=167s

Edit: I know it was in the menus, but Adam said this version didn't have it in the gameplay.

Last edited:
@ Enlil

See, I don't think Konami really do listen to the fans. I believe Seabass and his team are still very much working towards their own goals for PES - they have their vision.

The whole fan feedback thing is just a token gesture in my opinion. It's a reaction to Fifa's involvement with it's fan base. It's lip service or fan service by Konami - being seen to be listening.

Sure a few fan suggestions will probably make it into the game - some periphery stuff - but the core game will always be Seabass's baby.

I also think Seabass has his own vision for the core-mechanics of the football, but I don't think the fan-service is just lip-service. The whole feedback-thing done in cooperation with WENB has led to many things included in PES 2012 that wouldn't have been there otherwise.

Through the fan-feedback it got to the attention of Konami that the customers want way smoother animation and more responsive players, and Konami reacted and did what they could to make it possible with the same animation-engine by developing this new "flow-block-motion"-technology.

Then the thing with the nets, it got in because many fans wished for it.

And the thing with the supporting runs, many fans wrote it down in the feedback that they wish that teammembers would more actively participate with supporting runs and other things...

Of course this whole fan-listening has also led to some wrong decisions like the retraction of the d-pad-control-abolishment or even worse this introduction of 2-player-at-once-team-control, which was supposedly one of the most wished for features (who would wish for something like that?).

I think this feedback-thing is overall a nice instrument to get a connection between fans and developers, it has led to some wrong decisions, but overall more positive than negative ones.

Of course Konami have their own vision for PES but they now also try to fulfill as much of fan's wishes as well.

@ Enlil

Agreed. Core engine is Seabass baby. Konami listen fans in another stuff like edit mode, nets etc

Back
Top Bottom