PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I sometimes wonder if people that criticise PES2011 actually played it for longer than 2 months.
Take goalkeepers for example, people are saying they are weak. Playing in a a lot of online leagues I cannot agree with this. There have been numerous occasions where my keeper or the opposition keeper saved the day with good saves from range and in 1 on 1 situations.
Chievos keeper sorrentino is an absolute legend between the sticks currently as was Wiese for Werder when I used them.
Sure there a a few errors every odd game but that is football. Are we expecting keepers to save your skin every single time? Its never going to happen. I saw that glitch on the Barca vs AC Milan video but surely that was just the early code that has a few bugs. And before anyone says early code is a lame excuse get your head out of your ass. Its a developement cycle and nothing is ever completely ready when the first code is out or even a demo for that matter.

I sometimes wonder if people that criticise PES2011 actually played it for longer than 2 months.
Take goalkeepers for example, people are saying they are weak. Playing in a a lot of online leagues I cannot agree with this. There have been numerous occasions where my keeper or the opposition keeper saved the day with good saves from range and in 1 on 1 situations.
Chievos keeper sorrentino is an absolute legend between the sticks currently as was Wiese for Werder when I used them.
Sure there a a few errors every odd game but that is football. Are we expecting keepers to save your skin every single time? Its never going to happen. I saw that glitch on the Barca vs AC Milan video but surely that was just the early code that has a few bugs. And before anyone says early code is a lame excuse get your head out of your ass. Its a developement cycle and nothing is ever completely ready when the first code is out or even a demo for that matter.

Amen.

smilie_ugly_022.gif

Ok, I'm interested, what exactly do you want me to say?

Same with Dyzer and Azur? What do you want me say exactly? Do you want me to say PES 2011 is crap and PES 2012 will be shit? You all seem to pick certain sentences out i say rather than reading everything i post. It's like because you don't enjoy PES 2011 nobody should and your word is the law!

I've only been posting regularly here since late 2009 early 2010. That in itself should say how little i gave a shit about PES 2008 and 2009 so i don't know why you assume i was some overhyped little kid when those games hit. I didn't like PES 6 much and i knew since Konami where doing little or nothing in terms of innovation than PES 2008 would suck. PES 2009 was rubbish but i knew it would be, i was too busy playing FIFA to care.

I said a number of times last year. I enjoyed PES 2010 but it was broken and unlike PES 2011, the bad parts did outweigh the good.

I mentioned the bad parts of PES 2011 before i think even above or a few pages ago, it's almost like you don't seem to care whey i criticize PES but your all up in arms when someone say the game is good.

I always look for the positive aspects of games. and see how it stands up to the negative sides. I don't always talk depressing about PES flaws every 5 minutes like you seem to want me to do.

It just seems as if certain people hate me because I'm not nice to argue with. Tough! I state my point give reasoning for it. I'm just getting sick and tired of people calling me out as a fanboy, i reply to them and they duck the reply and cherry pick easy arguments for them to win.

The best and most respected posters have their opinion, but they back it up with their own reasoning and present it as their opinion rather than a fact. They aren't afraid to defend their opinion when questioned. Let me guess, someones going to cherry pick a sentence from my post and come back with a smart comment or just reply at all :YAWN: .

Sorry, it just has to be said.

The reason why people love PES 5/6 so much and can't stand PES 2011 eventhough PES 2011 is clearly and objectively a much more realistic and deeper football game is:

a) The animation was smoother, the animations themselves are way inferior, but they were linked better.

b) The game was more responsive and control was more immediate.

c) The CPU-AI was more aggressive in attack and could possess the ball longer.

d) Atmosphere was livelier.

e) The ball was freer.

Those things combined caused more addictive fun than PES 2011.

But I wouldn't want to change back to PES 5/6, the realism, new freedoms and much deeper individualism and tactics offered in PES 2011 are way more important to me as a hobby footballer.

PES 2012 though obviously aims to bring that fun back into PES 2011 by building in exactly the things mentioned in a)-e), so it could well be the perfect "best of both worlds": fun, addictive but realistic.

And before anyone says early code is a lame excuse get your head out of your ass. Its a developement cycle and nothing is ever completely ready when the first code is out or even a demo for that matter.

Especially when you consider how complicated these games are these days with their programming.

Trial and error. they must release many, many different builds and test them to see what needs to be fixed. See if a new component works or not.

It seemed almost to me as if they are working on maybe a new batch of animations for the keepers which aren't finished yet, so in the E3 build the Keepers where only half programmed so the game didn't crash. look at the penalties in which you could only shoot down the middle etc..

The best and most respected posters have their opinion, but they back it up with their own reasoning and present it as their opinion rather than a fact. They aren't afraid to defend their opinion when questioned. Let me guess, someones going to cherry pick a sentence from my post and come back with a smart comment or just reply at all :YAWN: .

Sorry, it just has to be said.

You called me and here we go again. I might agree and disagree with you but the problem is that nobody can argue with you. It's just impossible, cuz you have always to have the last word. So what the point? Someone needs to let it go..

The reason why people love PES 5/6 so much and can't stand PES 2011 eventhough PES 2011 is clearly and objectively a much more realistic and deeper football game is:

a) The animation was smoother, the animations themselves are way inferior, but they were linked better.

b) The game was more responsive and control was more immediate.

Agree.
c) The CPU-AI was more aggressive in attack and could possess the ball longer.

Disagree with the AI being more aggressive. Well maybe it was but for me it just cheated more really! I tried to re implement Barca's tactic on PES 5/WE9, i tested it against me as Arsenal, i had all the possession in the game however :CONFUSE: . PES on the PS2 was more difficult however in 10 minute games because unlike in PES 2011 with all the freedom with dribbling and passing. The PS2 games where rigid and stuck on rails, add in the cheating and the AI camping outside it's 6 yard box, it was tough, yes.

d) Atmosphere was livelier.

Stadiums, yes, absolutely, crowd noise however, no it's always been shit!

e) The ball was freer.

For PES 5, yes. The rest of them, not really. Never understood why PES 2011 had such rubbish ball physics at times. It was good in the MLO beta, why dub it down?

You called me and here we go again. I might agree and disagree with you but the problem is that nobody can argue with you. It's just impossible, cuz you have always to have the last word. So what the point? Someone needs to let it go..

What if the last word is me saying, "ok, well agree to disagree?" Whats wrong with that? If you have an opinion and you give good reasoning. You have nothing to worry about.

Last edited:
Take goalkeepers for example, people are saying they are weak. Playing in a a lot of online leagues I cannot agree with this.

I nearly love PES 2011, I like it very much and prefer it to PES 5/6 but the goalkeepers are mostly not good enough, some top-goalkeepers with very high stats are good, but even them fail and I want to tell what's wrong with them:

1. They are not realistically animated, their jumps and saves often don't look good.

2. They parry a bit too often. Thank god they aren't as awful as in PES 2010 where they spilled the ball in front of the opponent's feet nearly all the time, but still they could keep more in their hands.

3. The big weakness is the reaction to second balls... they lose oversight and don't get back on their feet fast enough and they don't try with all their heart to prevent the goal after a chaotic situation leading to second ball-situations.

4. They aren't interested in preventing corner-balls, they watch the ball going over the line eventhough it would have been easy to just go there and hold the ball, but no they stay on their line desinterested.

In short the goalkeepers are ok in PES 2011 but they should be more aware, more reactive and more interested in what's going on in order to become realistic.

Agree hany the problem with them is animations! I cannot understand which moron mo capped that fucking belly flop dive. When they dive under the ball also! AAGGHHHH.

PES is trying to simulate real football but the lack of advanced technology in its development is holding it back. Like when PES tries to simulate the ball going out of the pitch in certain situations, the ball keeps going at a constant speed while I am trying to get it but it doesn't slow down until it goes out and stops immediately!

I don't want to bring controversy, but is it just me or we are having now a kind of persecution for those who has good expectations for pes 2012 ?

No one here ever said that pes 2011 was near to perfection, actually we all know it's a bit far from that, for most of us the game is a bit too "unpolished" (bugs, terrible cursor, some few stupid erros from AI) and it is still lacking better attention and technology in some areas (collisions, animations etc), but does that mean the game sucks and it's all that bad like some of you make it sounds ? Of course not, it's FAR from that either.

We all know that if we take into account all Pes's that konami released on this current gen, it was big let down compared to what they used to be in ps2days and what they could have achieved now. But the REAL thing is... after Pes 2011 we are seeing real and BIg progress in important areas, we can see big potential from that game, terefore we have great and positive expectations for pes 2012.

So I ask you: what's so wrong with that ? If you love Pes from old gen so much and don't have any positive expectation for the next one, just stick with it, update the old game and don't bother those who have some hype for pes 2012.

We are not that kind of blind fans who don't see anything wrong with the current game and also with the next one. Countless times we discussed here what needs improvement, what it's still lacking and what bugs needs fixing. Also, check out how people here "recieved" this "new" feature called assisted teammates, it was quite negative. But the thing is we also recognize in what areas Konami had some great progress.

I think we all have tendencies, but trust me, this is the most unbiased, anti-fanboysm and mature forum you will find on intertnet by miles.

Sorry for my english. I hope you get my point.

Last edited:
I don't think so Dudu. I'm just trying to keep the faith: I want PES 2012 to be good so much (well, I want all football games to be good.. but I actually think this one might be really good). I'm worried though... because I look at it and in some areas I'm giddy with excitement but others make me think that it's still going to have hosts of problems.

Certainly I don't see much persecution going on in here ... just lots of fans who are desperate for a great football title ... and who react to the hype rollercoaster differently.

To be honest Bobby you put it in a less aggresive calmer manner than myself.

I'm just very angry that's all. When the PS2 came to the end of its cycle, i couldnt wait to see Pes next gen, the possiblilities seemed endless. It's been such a let down. And now so far this year the same pattern is repeating. Theres not much time left until release and again, concerns seem to be raised about the game.

I agree with Bobby - Konami have been given an easy ride, compared to Fifa years ago that got the kicking that it quite rightly deserved.

Well thanks for realizing and confessing. I prefer if everyone would post when they're calm. Posting when angry doesn't help, your just not reasonable enough.

Why should anyone get angry over a game anyway mate? Post your views and opinions like you did after that aggressive one and you should be fine. People should be reasonable and always respecting others.

If you come in here enough, you'll read enough posts criticizing the game. There are people who like to enjoy it as it is, and there are ones who want more and think what they currently have is not enough in this day and age. I kind of fall in between. I try to enjoy the game for what it is and all the good its got and at the same time I can't help but think there should be much more to this. I'm one of the people who had really high expectations for next-gen, but tbh with you, and I'm not sure anyone will agree, this gen has disappointed me, and I'm not talking PES only. I thought this gen would be much better than what we currently have, as in much better physics, AI, engines etc. But not long ago, I convinced myself that next-gen will be the real next-gen for me, and what we currently have I like to call a transitional period, transition-gen.

Anyway, I know there are members who'll think this has gone a bit off-topic, but we're still talking PES somehow. Posts weren't deleted because they weren't off-topic and we have to all be open minded and read opinions from both sides of the fence, without getting disrespectful. This is why I like Evo-web.

Cheers, everyone.

Last edited:
It must be that time of year again. You know, that time when characters like Dryzer and The Power crawl out of the woodwork, after months of inactivity in the PES threads, to offer up damning verdicts of a game they have not played.

Evo-Web wouldn't be the same without them.

Please bear with my English.

So what is the innovation this year?
1) Right stick manual defending and off the ball movement.
2) then what else?

Lots of improvement.
As it is clear from Jon Murphy that this year is all about getting the gameplay smooth and right. As konami have spend 2 years (I guess, blue sky team), the gameplay must be good.

I have many ideas for future PES. But how will all these ideas reach konami? Posting in the forums might not work. So I've decided to make an E-BOOK or PDF FILE (on behalf of Evo Web) with lots of pictures and stuffs in a good manner. So do you think this will ever work? Will the magazine kind of game improvement ideas reach konami (because of different approach)? I just love this game and I want my ideas to be implemented.
your views about this idea.

It must be that time of year again. You know, that time when characters like Dryzer and The Power crawl out of the woodwork, after months of inactivity in the PES threads, to offer up damning verdicts of a game they have not played.

Evo-Web wouldn't be the same without them.

Lol good ole Jamezinho always going straight for the nuts. Hit-nail-head mate.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eriJZ__2j44

a seven years old game called football kingdom
now we are in 2011 and basic things like net shape and physics should be perfectly done with little efforts
bringing back net argument is not the fault of the fans , i think it's konami fault , they have been lazy in such areas for years now they had to start from the zero point and bugs and strange outcomes are expected
:WORSHIP: i don't know how this game plays but it looks great.

any news yet on a demo or anything coming soon?
the whole teammate control was hyped up by the unreliable adam and while it is a good idea,
i was underwhelmed as for me, i was expecting something bigger/more exciting due to build up

any news yet on a demo or anything coming soon?
the whole teammate control was hyped up by the unreliable adam and while it is a good idea,
i was underwhelmed as for me, i was expecting something bigger/more exciting due to build up

no, it was Steve Merrett by Konami who talked about this feature as a game changer

no it was adam who first said it was game changing then went back on what he said to say basically won't be everyones cup of tea,
the news so everyone got hyped up and excited without knowing what it actually what it was

Thank the lord I missed all that waffle from Bellendinho, its enough to put me off my Full English.. :PUKE:

C'mon Jimmy thats not fair, i have'nt posted in here for a couple of days. :LOL:

Getting back on track, believe it or not some of us quite enjoyed 2010 eventhough the game was broken in quite a few places, but we could still appreciate what the game was all about. So to even start bashing the game for animations & rigidness for the most part is falling on deaf ears.

We know that year on year little by little konami have improved on this gen and that is good enough for some of us. As long as konami still maintain this vision for individuality and simulation i am sold.
Also to some of us there is no alternative.

Last edited:
no it was adam who first said it was game changing then went back on what he said to say basically won't be everyones cup of tea,
the news so everyone got hyped up and excited without knowing what it actually what it was

Actually no it was steve M from konami who came on the WENB forum and said that it was a game changer. Adam said it was something alot of people have been asking for which is true.

Actually no it was steve M from konami who said that it was a game changer. Adam said it was something alot of people have been asking for which is true.

how have alot of people been asking for? look at reaction on this forum, that tells you the story

how have alot of people been asking for? look at reaction on this forum, that tells you the story

It was high in the feedback they've got, probably from the people that enjoy FIFA and not the few hardcore sim fans. I think also a lot of people from the press/community that play early versions has been asking for it. Seabass even had to go out and make a statement about his view on trigger runs because people asked so much about it. He didn't like the idea at the time, maybe he has changed his mind or just added it to shut people up.

Back
Top Bottom