PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

How can i possibly be close minded? If anything i'm being open minded and honest, and facing facts, that on a weaker machine Pes was an essential purchase, a purchase you couldn't put down, a purchase that gave real value for money that lasted until the next instalment came around. A purchase that for the time simulated real football and gave much pleasure to millions.

Surely it figures that on a more powerful machine, the game should improve? In fact we've lost various options and facets of the game over the years, not gained them.

For me Konami has tried to do it all on the cheap using its reputation from the last gen and the dedicated fans to get it by, they have rested on their laurels and FIFA has hit back, for me thats unacceptable.

This could be said about most next gen games. Honestly did you sit down and play something like GTA4 for a whole year did you play it everyday? I very much doubt it and there are very few who would. These days games simply dont last long and most of the time except call of duty people dont get their monies worth. Simply being able to play a game past a few months is enough for a game to be alot of value for money. I bought la noire a month ago and completed it in a week and that was it no reason to play it again no online multiplayer. £35 and thats all yet the game got rave reviews and sold a fuck load. All games have that problem these days so if pes lasts you 3 or months (worst case) then that is very good value for money.

This could be said about most next gen games. Honestly did you sit down and play something like GTA4 for a whole year did you play it everyday? I very much doubt it and there are very few who would. These days games simply dont last long and most of the time except call of duty people dont get their monies worth. Simply being able to play a game past a few months is enough for a game to be alot of value for money. I bought la noire a month ago and completed it in a week and that was it no reason to play it again no online multiplayer. £35 and thats all yet the game got rave reviews and sold a fuck load. All games have that problem these days so if pes lasts you 3 or months (worst case) then that is very good value for money.

Mancan you wouldnt play GTA for a whole year like you would with Pes. They are completely different games that rely on the user putting their spare time into it.

Gta for example is not a quick pick up and play game. Its something that needs to be played in a good few hours at a time and time invested into its story/plot. You can finish the game. Pes can be played as a quick game or a long game depending on what you want to do. In a typical year someone into footy will play pes or fifa more than Gta i can guarantee it, because of its pick up and play nature. It has or should have better longevity.

And praising it does? If your telling Konami what they want to hear, then you are doing yourself and the fans and the casual consumers a disservice and increasing sales on a product that doesn't deserve it.

oh and i know what i'm talking about i've been playing footy games since the late seventies on Atari.

Up until last year pretty much everyone didn't exactly loved the game, they had no reasons to praise it. No matter the forum/site you were at. The game wasn't good enough, Seabass himself recognized that in 2009. Most people abandoned the ship, others decided to keep inside and trying to help saving it. Since 2009/2010, Konami has been listening to the fans, something they had never done before, with feedback forums, surveys, betas... They have been making efforts. It's true that it hasn't been enough, but much has changed between 2008 and now and that can't be denied.

Not thanks to you, or anyone of those who just bash without useful input.

And the "what you're talking about" comment isn't about football games, it's about your knowledge of what WENB has "been doing".

Ha ha i see what i did there i agreed with you. :)

Trouble is mate, i dont think you do get value out of pes at the moment because its deeply flawed experience. And the fact is it never used to be and that makes it worse.

ok, you win
this generation pes has been poor, because metacritic said so :))
now, can we move talking about pes 2012?

Up until last year pretty much everyone didn't exactly loved the game, they had no reasons to praise it. No matter the forum/site you were at. The game wasn't good enough, Seabass himself recognized that in 2009. Most people abandoned the ship, others decided to keep inside and trying to help saving it. Since 2009/2010, Konami has been listening to the fans, something they had never done before, with feedback forums, surveys, betas... They have been making efforts. It's true that it hasn't been enough, but much has changed between 2008 and now and that can't be denied.

Not thanks to you, or anyone of those who just bash without useful input.

And the "what you're talking about" comment isn't about football games, it's about your knowledge of what WENB has "been doing".

So Seabass TWO YEARS ago admitted it wasnt good enough? And so this year will be the third installment since? So what have they been doing since 2009?

Not good enough.

No doubt that:

Pes 2008 was big shit

Pes 2009 was big shit

Pes 2010 was shit with nice graphics and lights

PES 2011 it's first decent game but with many bugs.

I hope Pes 2012 will be first superior game in this generation of consoles.

Mancan you wouldnt play GTA for a whole year like you would with Pes. They are completely different games that rely on the user putting their spare time into it.

Gta for example is not a quick pick up and play game. Its something that needs to be played in a good few hours at a time and time invested into its story/plot. You can finish the game. Pes can be played as a quick game or a long game depending on what you want to do. In a typical year someone into footy will play pes or fifa more than Gta i can guarantee it, because of its pick up and play nature. It has or should have better longevity.

Yeah exactly so comparing the two games which lasts longer yet the other costs the same amount. So do you think your getting your money's worth? Same price but lasts for as long as you want whereas the other one lasts a couple of weeks at the most. It doesnt matter about the genre im just talking generally. Sports games give you very good value for money all the time simply on their longevity. People get away with selling games like la noire that are buggy as hell with no replay value and a 10 hour campaign with no online and manage to get you to pay 40 quid. Yet gets rave reviews and very little hate yet pes which lasts at least 70-80 hours gets hate constantly.

It's quite obvious, to anyone, even to those who love PES 2011, that PES this gen has been lacking big time comparing to what it used to be. It has evolved in some aspects, but the overall quality of it leaves much to be desired. That doesn't mean you should simply abandon the game and "see the light" like some suggest.

So why people like you still believe about what wenb write and all the promises about 60% EA code etc over 4 YEARS? Those ppl make the hype alive.

Also, you know how "casual gaming" (let's call it that for the sake of simplicity) works. People pretty much "follow the trend", and the trend is set by the media. If it's a trend to dislike PES, people will do it no matter what. If PES 2012 was to be a masterpiece, people would still disregard it unless the press praised it.

If so why the wii Version got better ratings as the nextgen version?

http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/pro-evolution-soccer-2008
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/pro-evolution-soccer-2009
http://www.metacritic.com/game/wii/pro-evolution-soccer-2010

Lastgen version get better (user) ratings as nexgen version? It has nothing to do with casual trend! Look at the pes6 rating ps2 version and you know why. Your statement is just another try to justify the losing quality of nexgen pes.

Last edited:
So Seabass TWO YEARS ago admitted it wasnt good enough? And so this year will be the third installment since? So what have they been doing since 2009?

Not good enough.

What they have been doing? I take it you don't remember PES 2008/2009, that's fine. But they have been doing massive progress considering the atrocity PES 2008 turned out to be.

They could have made a decent game in PES 2010 already if it wasn't for a couple of bad decisions and mistakes. That's their fault, true.

The same with PES 2011 this year, the inclusion of catch-up bug (that wasn't on the preview code apparently) killed the game. People should have been fired for that.

I can understand that a lot people hate Pes 2008/2010 but it's silly thinking that Pes 2011 is bad game because it's not true. Pes 2011 is in opposite to Pes 2008/2010. Compare Pes 2008 to Pes 2011. It's massive progress in all aspects.

I just hope Konami will make a beta available soon, because this is the first Pes i feel it could be a great improvement, and near to ps2 games quality

So why people like you still believe about what wenb write and all the promises about 60% EA code etc over 4 YEARS? Those ppl make the hype alive.

Lastgen version get better ratings as nexgen version? It has nothing to do with casual trend! Look at the pes6 rating ps2 version and you know why. It just another try to justify the losing quality of nexgen pes.

Again, you also don't know what you're talking about regarding WENB (or code for that matter), so let's leave that there. I really don't feel any need to explain it to you anyway (WENB doesn't need it tbh), you don't care, and I don't care if you care. :))

And with the WII thing, my friend, you're stating the obvious. For starters those who play PES (or any football game) on the WII can be counted by how many fingers you have in your hands. The majority has obviously played the PES of old, loved it, and PES on the WII is an awesome improvement over it (I've played it and I love it too). The rest of them play it 'cause of the fun factor.

To finish, is it really that surprising that last gen gets better scores than this gen? That's happened with nearly every game tbh.

Lastgen version get better (user) ratings as nexgen version? It has nothing to do with casual trend! Look at the pes6 rating ps2 version and you know why. Your statement is just another try to justify the losing quality of nexgen pes.
:BOP::BOP: The hype is all part of the fun of a new game.I Enjoy the build up as much as the games, and that is for all games not just pes. Anyway WENB is positive so what pesgaming is the most negitive place on the internet so whats wrong with having both.

It's funny, I play this game all year, every year, still I can't understand how people can get so worked up about it. Sure this is Evo-Web but it's still a video game.

Again, you also don't know what you're talking about regarding WENB (or code for that matter), so let's leave that there. I really don't feel any need to explain it to you anyway (WENB doesn't need it tbh), you don't care, and I don't care if you care. :))

I know what i am talking about. WENB is the little brother of Konami. So they need to hype the game. Without hype they will not get the beta version and will not able to post the world first impressions about pes. Its just simple: One hand washes the other.

To finish, is it really that surprising that last gen gets better scores than this gen? That's happened with nearly every game tbh.

Than tell me a few game series which are much better in the last gen as the pes series by using metacritrics ratings. :)

PES 2011 was realistic in some respects, but in other fundamental areas it fails quite badly which I think gets overlooked. hopefully PES 2012 does a better job and it looks like it will do.

The more respected members on these forums are so because they are objective and put forward good arguments to help the games progress and can see the bad points and aren't afraid to address them.

We all want the best footy game we can get and both PES and Fifa are quite far away from being great imo. The only way they are going to improve are if people say what is wrong with the games and don't just accept mediocrity.

I myself at times have questioned myself why the hell i play a game in which has the worst collision detection i've seen in a long, long time, FIFA PS2 level bad, why i play a game in which has that same stupid no momentum crossing animation, crap player switching and at times some awful, good awful animation transitions and players getting stuck in animations.

Then all the individuality in dribbling, passing, the AI the tactics shows itself. It's so good you don't think about the flaws too much.

Sorry i have to pull you up on this. You are wrongly comparing a next gen title with a last gen title side by side. Do that and of course it doesn't match up. You have to put it in context of the time it was released.

Wait, your the one who keeps saying the last gen games where better, so that's why i made the comparison!
For the time when Pes was released ps2 it was way ahead, way ahead. It astounded and pleased. For the time there was nothing to match it, we didn't see the rails or many of the flaws, we didn't expect more than what we got. It was good for its time.

And do you still refuse to open your mind to my point? i said before. PES was the king of the PS2 and was miles ahead. But what was it's competition? Did fifa have anything in gameplay to hold a candle to PES? No, nothing!

Did you conveniently duck my point about the flaws in PES with scripted goals, AI cheating being swpet under the carpet and even seen as skill?

In comparison Fifa was Poor, really poor in my opinion like what Pes is now.

Now, that's just rubbish, seriously PES now as bad as FIFA was back then? The only reason FIFA stayed alive was licenses. There are many people here and all over the world who love the individuality and other things like tactics which PES gives you and FIFA never has. Things like editing also. Look at the huge community on this website.

They couldnt get the gameplay right.

They still got it right haven't but they have animations :)

The models were less fluent, the action was very rigid and scripted,

Again not true.

I remember when FIFA 07 hit on the PC and PS2, it actually felt a lot more free compared to the rigid on rails PES, PES 6 was still miles and miles better than FIFA but it was a sign of things to come.

Pes in its time now is lacking, considering the power it has at its disposal

What power? Do you know how much EA pump into their game compared to what Konami has? Konami has a fucking enlarged cupboard for it's audio room and has a small Motion capture studio.

Now compare that to EA with a huge, gigantic motion capture studio which is built by EA Sports Canada for a number of sports titles, not just FIFA. PES is the only sports title run by Konami! EA are the biggest game company in the world and are not afraid to throw money at it's games to bully it's way to the summit! This is what they have done with all their titles. Providing all of them with a brand new engine in 2005 to build from where at the same time everyone was sucking Konami off and making out as if the game was perfect.

EA was aggressive and it payed off with FIFA 08 which bitchslapped PES 2008, why EA piss me off is that with FIFA 09, they had the footballing game world in their hands but it seems David Rutter decided to bring FIFA back to it's arcade roots with the Through ball, Crisitano Ronaldo = Goal Sprintfest which was FIFA 09. you would think with PES 2009 being arcadey again EA would finally kill of PES? No, again they served up another casual player orientated title!

It took a long time for Konami to wake up and realize PES was shit, but EA, I'm sorry are idiots for allowing Konami get back on track! I was angry with Konami at the time! But i see now they are really, REALLY trying with PES! They really want to give us the fans the game we want. They want to please everyone where as EA just want to take your money and run!

Nice visuals do not a game make, and i would argue that even the old gen game, had for its time, better animation than what we expect of Pes to have for what it is at this moment.

Wake up and smell the coffee. Games are big, big buisness and Konami just do not have the financial muscle EA do! In the PS2 Era PES could compete toe to toe. But now if you ain't got the cash and a company throwing huge sums of money to develop Impact engine and other lovely, sexy animations! That's just how it is!!

It's funny, I play this game all year, every year, still I can't understand how people can get so worked up about it. Sure this is Evo-Web but it's still a video game.
Exactly tbh even the terrible pes 2008/2009 lasted me a year i still played a hell of alot of it. Pes is pretty much the only game that lasts me a year. Even COD only lasts 3 or 4 months at the most before i completely lose the will to live online.

What some people dont understand is that fifa still sold a hell of alot more copies than pes sold even when it was clearly the better game. Fifa always had the power but they just couldnt get their act together on last gen.

Last edited:

No, Mancan is right. Games these days have changed! Online has changed what players want. People still play GTA San Andreas to this day and some say it's the greatest game of all time even. GTA IV was great but it just didn't last because it's online modes just weren't good enough.

Offline this year i think even most here agree PES is better than FIFA, online however it's a different story with FIFA having clubs etc. Go on the EA forums and you will see there is an huge amount of players who just play Exclusively online. PES 2011 was the first playable game for this gen but it still has tons of issues and is still in the same league as fifa in terms of cheap play in ranked matches. Even if MLO is addictive.

Players these days can be bothered to play against the AI. Whats made FIFA successful was the innovation online! Clubs, tournaments, Virutal Pro. Offline has been shit! Look at the FIFA manual community. most of those players play only manual 10 minute organized games! That's it, they don't touch anything else. Which is probably why they refuse to see the games flaws! Back in the PS2 era nobody cared about online play!

This is where Koanmi have been playing catchup up and have lost out so much with EA being so aggressive with their online modes!

I know what i am talking about. WENB is the little brother of Konami. So they need to hype the game. Without hype they will not get the beta version and will not able to post the world first impressions about pes. Its just simple: One hand washes the other.

Than tell me a few game series which are much better in the last gen as the pes series by using metacritrics ratings. :)

WENB do hype, yes, but that's far from being it's only "use", as in, being the only thing they do. Hype is only a bad thing if you don't know how to "deal" with it. You can't blame people for being enthusiastic about something they love.

@Isslander: Why should it be different from anything else in the world? People loathe bands, tv series, individuals... Games aren't different, specially those long lasting like PES and FIFA series.

Wrong. Whats made FIFA successful is the combination of improved/good gameplay AND the innovation online! Without good gameplay the online mode will be useless. .

Aren't you a post nazi :LOL: dude i mentioned the animations before in a number of Posts. shall i change it to say 'One of the main reasons why FIFA has been successful is online'?

Also the gameplay? With FIFA's animations in it's fluidity and responsiveness is why it's been successful. Not the AI, game balance, individuality, tactics, and functions and general attention to realsim. They have been flawed or non existent every single year apart from FIFA 08 to a small extent.

Last edited:
WENB do hype, yes, but that's far from being it's only "use", as in, being the only thing they do. Hype is only a bad thing if you don't know how to "deal" with it. You can't blame people for being enthusiastic about something they love.

no i have no problem with wenb hype cause i know how to deal with it. But i still do not understand why some ppl here believe what wenb write for example: anderson.

no i have no problem with wenb hype cause i know how to deal with it. But i still do not understand why some ppl here believe what wenb write for example: anderson.

Good. If you don't understand, let's leave it there then! ;)
----
What made FIFA successful was the shiny animations, licenses AND the innovation online.

Although it's a totally different game, in terms of the core of what we can actually call "gameplay" FIFA feels exactly like it did in the PS2 days to me. But if most people are happy with it, I won't be the one telling them they're wrong. It's just the way I feel about it.

FIFA feels exactly like it did in the PS2 days to me.

ok i now realising why you believe what wenb write about pes. :BYE:

FIFA now is FIFA 99 Deluxe HD edition!

smilie_ugly_022.gif

Last edited:
Good. If you don't understand, let's leave it there then! ;)
----
What made FIFA successful was the shiny animations, licenses AND the innovation online.

Although it's a totally different game, in terms of the core of what we can actually call "gameplay" FIFA feels exactly like it did in the PS2 days to me. But if most people are happy with it, I won't be the one telling them they're wrong. It's just the way I feel about it.

Someone on the EA forum said this and i just cried with laughter because it's kinda true

To me the core FIFA now feels like a combination between PES 2 and FIFA 99. With sexy animations of course.

Nets are much better in these latest promo vids. 0:38
I guess they improved net animations after E3. They look quite good. Maybe not 'Football Kingdom' level but they are ok.
: YouTube - PES 2012 Gameplay Video 07 - Teammate Controls / Assisted

You can clearly see the ball stretching the shit out from this square meter of the net.

Someone should make a gif out of the Football Kingdom net in motion :SMUG:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eriJZ__2j44

a seven years old game called football kingdom
now we are in 2011 and basic things like net shape and physics should be perfectly done with little efforts
bringing back net argument is not the fault of the fans , i think it's konami fault , they have been lazy in such areas for years now they had to start from the zero point and bugs and strange outcomes are expected

Someone on the EA forum said this and i just cried with laughter because it's kinda true

To me the core FIFA now feels like a combination between PES 2 and FIFA 99. With sexy animations of course.

Yep, exactly the same feeling. But lets leave it there before people start calling us crazy because they don't agree with us. Oh, wait...

Back
Top Bottom